PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Kansas fans saying they deserve a shot at the National Title?

Mr. Flopnuts
12-02-2007, 03:28 AM
I think a case could be made. In a season of multiple teams who didn't win conference titles at the top of the polls, it would make sense to at least have the National Title played between 2 one loss teams. No way they're putting Hawaii in, why not Kansas?

BWillie
12-02-2007, 03:50 AM
we r here. anybody in the top 10 should get a shot because of all the parity. tell me this. how come ohio state automatically gets a bid? their non conf schedule isnt any better than kus, they play in a weaker conference, and ku has a better loss. it doesnt make any sense

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 03:52 AM
I don't really believe Kansas is deserving, but then again, nobody is.

BWillie
12-02-2007, 03:53 AM
o ya. we r technically the only team in the big 12 with one loss...take that as u wish

Mr. Flopnuts
12-02-2007, 03:57 AM
o ya. we r technically the only team in the big 12 with one loss...take that as u wish

There's only two teams in the top ten that have 1 loss. If Ohio State is a given, then Kansas should be as well. **** the good ole boys. Keep it REAL.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 03:58 AM
There's only two teams in the top ten that have 1 loss. If Ohio State is a given, then Kansas should be as well. **** the good ole boys. Keep it REAL.
I don't really try to think too much about the failings of the BCS, it's just the way she goes.

Fairplay
12-02-2007, 03:59 AM
Its all about tv ratings.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-02-2007, 04:00 AM
Its all about tv ratings.

I think Kansas is more compelling than LSU. I would watch more of that game than blah blah LSU vs. OSU.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-02-2007, 04:03 AM
I just heard on Sportscenter that no team has ever played for the BCS Title with 2 losses. They may be compelled to put Kansas in that game to avoid more playoff talk. Who knows what's going to happen.

BWillie
12-02-2007, 04:10 AM
Tell me one thing Ohio State has done that Kansas hasn't this year?

O ya, beat a team that lost to a Division 1-AA team. Well whoopdy do.

Ohio State's non-conference
AKRON (4-8)
KENT STATE (3-9)
WASHINGTON (4-9)
YOUNGSTOWN STATE (not a real team)

Oh yeah, Kansas blew the f*ck out a Central Michigan team that won the MAC. Akron is a bottom feeder in the MAC....which is also a team Ohio State could barely manage to beat 20-2.

Now once again, what has Ohio State done that KU hasn't done? Either they both go, or neither go. Ohio State shouldn't get to go just because of their name, especially after the embarassment they showed last year in the BCS title game.

Mecca
12-02-2007, 04:33 AM
1 thing OSU did that KU didn't....

Well they won their conference for starters, which Kansas didn't even play for....LSU, OSU and USC all have that over KU.

Spott
12-02-2007, 04:34 AM

The beat a team with a winning record. Actually, they beat 5 of them and 1 of them was ranked.

Braincase
12-02-2007, 06:13 AM
If you don't win your conference championship, or at least win your division in the conference, you've got no business thinking about playing in the national championship.

BigMeatballDave
12-02-2007, 06:25 AM

O ya, beat a team that lost to a Division 1-AA team. Well whoopdy do.

Ohio State's non-conference
AKRON (4-8)
KENT STATE (3-9)
WASHINGTON (4-9)
YOUNGSTOWN STATE (not a real team)

Oh yeah, Kansas blew the f*ck out a Central Michigan team that won the MAC. Akron is a bottom feeder in the MAC....which is also a team Ohio State could barely manage to beat 20-2.

Now once again, what has Ohio State done that KU hasn't done? Either they both go, or neither go. Ohio State shouldn't get to go just because of their name, especially after the embarassment they showed last year in the BCS title game.Bitch all you want, but IMO, NO ONE should play for a national championship without winning their conference.

Saulbadguy
12-02-2007, 06:33 AM
KU's best win is over 7-5 Texas A&M. Sorry, but KU has no right to sniff the NC game.

pikesome
12-02-2007, 06:36 AM
If OU beat MU &

MU beat KU

Doesn't that mean that KU isn't better than either? I'd love to see KU play for the NC but come on. If we're using this logic Hawaii ought to be invited, they're undefeated.

chagrin
12-02-2007, 06:46 AM
we r here. anybody in the top 10 should get a shot because of all the parity. tell me this. how come ohio state automatically gets a bid? their non conf schedule isnt any better than kus, they play in a weaker conference, and ku has a better loss. it doesnt make any sense

Actually you are incorrect about the strength of schedule - KU's is pretty bad.

Let's take Missouri:

10th toughest schedule in the Big 12, KSU had a tougher one.

KU had the 12th toughest, BAYLOR had a tougher schedule.

All you have to do is consider that to realize that strength of schedule does in fact, mean something.

You can certainly make a case for a playoffs system but consider the words "National Champion" does a team who plays the easiest schedule (and by easy, the 12th in the big 12 alone is pretty bad) simply goes undefeated truly a National Champion? what about William and Mary, would they deserve a shot as well?

CupidStunt
12-02-2007, 06:48 AM
KU's best win is over 7-5 Texas A&M. Sorry, but KU has no right to sniff the NC game.

:clap:

You KU dopes are hilarious. You're in your own little bubble where you think KU has a real team. It's so cute.

You'd be in the title game if you didn't pull a Chiefs and CHOKE it away last weekend. You're the third best team in your CONFERENCE. Don't talk about MNC.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2007, 07:18 AM

You KU dopes are hilarious. You're in your own little bubble where you think KU has a real team. It's so cute.

You'd be in the title game if you didn't pull a Chiefs and CHOKE it away last weekend. You're the third best team in your CONFERENCE. Don't talk about MNC.

Jealous much? Maybe your MU boys should of manned up last night, but no, they got throttled....

As a KU fan, I can sit here and honestly say they dont deserve a shot at a NC game... But they should go to a BCS game.

Saulbadguy
12-02-2007, 07:18 AM

I'd agree they are highly overrated, but an 11-1 season is nothing to scoff at. They may have not beaten anyone, but they didn't lose to anyone they were supposed to beat.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2007, 07:30 AM
I'd agree they are highly overrated, but an 11-1 season is nothing to scoff at. They may have not beaten anyone, but they didn't lose to anyone they were supposed to beat.
Good Point Saul, But they still dont deserve a spot in the NC game...

I would like to see them at a BCS game... But not the NC game...

petegz28
12-02-2007, 07:38 AM
OU > MU

MU> KU

KU = No title game

wazu
12-02-2007, 07:39 AM
how come ohio state automatically gets a bid? their non conf schedule isnt any better than kus, they play in a weaker conference, and ku has a better loss. it doesnt make any sense

I've been saying this since before KU lost. If they finished their season with one loss and it was to Missouri, they should be ranked ahead of Ohio State.

petegz28
12-02-2007, 07:39 AM

Neither is 11-2. Considering KU didn't even play 13 games CAUSE THEY LOST THE BIG 12 NORTH they should be no where near a Title game.

Braincase
12-02-2007, 07:40 AM
Hawaii has earned the shot moreso than many.

petegz28
12-02-2007, 07:41 AM

That I will agree with. KU fans need to stop whining. KU lost the Big 12 North so how they hell should they get anything above MU?

chagrin
12-02-2007, 07:44 AM

I found this quote pretty funny:

"If I run into one more Kool-Aid drinking nut who thinks that the team that barely put away a Nevada-Reno Wolfpack squad that may as well have had Lieutenant Dangle calling the plays on Friday night should be playing in New Orleans in January, my head might explode."

wazu
OU > MU

MU> KU

KU = No title game

KU > Ohio State

Ohio State = #1 in the country!

Silock
1 thing OSU did that KU didn't....

Well they won their conference for starters, which Kansas didn't even play for....LSU, OSU and USC all have that over KU.

OSU may not have won their conference title game if they actually had one.

Silock
12-02-2007, 07:45 AM
BAYLOR had a tougher schedule.

Of course they did. Baylor didn't have to play Baylor.

petegz28
12-02-2007, 07:45 AM
KU > Ohio State

Ohio State = #1 in the country!

Oh tne MU > OU

Why can't you KU peeps figure out you lost? You lost the Big 12 North?

If anyone is getting ****ed here it is MU who beat KU and won the Big 12 North.

Silock
12-02-2007, 07:46 AM
Neither is 11-2. Considering KU didn't even play 13 games CAUSE THEY LOST THE BIG 12 NORTH they should be no where near a Title game.

I agree. KU doesn't deserve to be in the National Title game. However, if we were invited, I wouldn't complain. It won't happen, though.

Braincase
12-02-2007, 07:46 AM
That I will agree with. KU fans need to stop whining. KU lost the Big 12 North so how they hell should they get anything above MU?

I want KU to get into the best bowl game they can get into, as that is what is best for KU. I'm not lobbying for KU to get into the National Championship, and won't anytime soon (well, maybe the end of March). A BCS shot would be nice, but the chances of that happening are way up in the air. I just hope KU ends on a positive note against a good opponent. If not, oh well. KU's has surpassed my expectations this year and make me proud to be a fan and a season ticket holder.

petegz28
12-02-2007, 07:50 AM
I want KU to get into the best bowl game they can get into, as that is what is best for KU. I'm not lobbying for KU to get into the National Championship, and won't anytime soon (well, maybe the end of March). A BCS shot would be nice, but the chances of that happening are way up in the air. I just hope KU ends on a positive note against a good opponent. If not, oh well. KU's has surpassed my expectations this year and make me proud to be a fan and a season ticket holder.

Ok but can we agree that in a real playoff-type system MU would be in a better bowl than KU since KU essentially los tthier divioson and MU won it?

How can people say since MU lost twice that KU is better? KU played 1 less game than MU.

This whole thing is why I sour on college football at times.

Cochise
12-02-2007, 07:56 AM
LMAO Kansas has no case, they didn't even win the Big 12 north. I don't know who's going to play for it, but they certainly won't be the third best team in their conference.

If Kansas is unhappy about being left out, they could have alleviated all of this by scheduling a good team or two. Or beating the one they did play. Right now they are Hawaii plus a loss. (Hawaii's schedule might have been tougher actually :hmmm: )

wazu
12-02-2007, 07:57 AM
Oh tne MU > OU

Why can't you KU peeps figure out you lost? You lost the Big 12 North?

If anyone is getting ****ed here it is MU who beat KU and won the Big 12 North.

I'm not a KU fan. I'm not even saying they belong in the championship game. But they clearly should be ranked ahead of Ohio State.

Ari ümlaüt
12-02-2007, 07:58 AM
Mizzou kicked KU's ass. Period. Im an OU guy, but I like KU, as my wife went there. But seriously.

petegz28
12-02-2007, 07:59 AM
LMAO Kansas has no case, they didn't even win the Big 12 north. I don't know who's going to play for it, but they certainly won't be the third best team in their conference.

If Kansas is unhappy about being left out, they could have alleviated all of this by scheduling a good team or two. Or beating the one they did play. Right now they are Hawaii plus a loss. (Hawaii's schedule might have been tougher actually :hmmm:)

Or by beating MU.

Braincase
12-02-2007, 08:00 AM
Ok but can we agree that in a real playoff-type system MU would be in a better bowl than KU since KU essentially los tthier divioson and MU won it?

How can people say since MU lost twice that KU is better? KU played 1 less game than MU.

This whole thing is why I sour on college football at times.

In a real playoff system, MU might not play KU, so it's just wild speculation. Texas Tech beat OU, Colorado beat OU, OU beat Texas, which got beat by K-State and A&M. KU got beat by MU. Facts are facts, and the only thing you can take away from this season is that on any given Saturday, the team that shows up is going to win. Right now, if KU were to end up with a ranking higher than Mizzou, I would agree that it's unfortunate for Mizzou, but I'd smile while I said it.

KU ran a lot of smaque before the Mizzou game, reinforcing the belief that pride cometh before the fall. We fell to the team that became the number one team in the country. The number one team in the country fell to the number nine team in the country. Just goes to show you that rankings are fraught with missteps and mathematical anomolies. Somewhere a formula is out there that shows KU's loss to MU as better in the rankings than Mizzou's two losses to a lower ranked team. Not saying KU is better, but in the world of statistics, crazy shit happens.

Cochise
12-02-2007, 08:02 AM
Or by beating MU.

I said that... "or beating the one they did play"

It just boggles the mind that there are people out there who think Kansas deserves to play for the national title... they didn't beat anyone all season who got a single vote for the top 25 poll last week.

chagrin
12-02-2007, 08:03 AM
I'm not a KU fan. I'm not even saying they belong in the championship game. But they clearly should be ranked ahead of Ohio State.

Why clearly? Let's hear the logic

petegz28
12-02-2007, 08:04 AM
I said that... "or beating the one they did play"

It just boggles the mind that there are people out there who think Kansas deserves to play for the national title... they didn't beat anyone who got a single vote for the top 25 poll last week.

Yest somehow they will come out ahead of MU.

That is the part that gets me the most.

KU didn't earn the privledge to lose 2 games in this case like MU did.

chagrin
12-02-2007, 08:04 AM
(Hawaii's schedule might have been tougher actually :hmmm: )

Hawaii is unranked in five of the six computer polls that complete the BCS formula

Cochise
12-02-2007, 08:07 AM
Yest somehow they will come out ahead of MU.

That is the part that gets me the most.

KU didn't earn the privledge to lose 2 games in this case like MU did.

Losing twice to the best team in the conference, but beating the third best means that second place is where you belong. Nobody who knows beans about anything is going to say otherwise.

petegz28
12-02-2007, 08:09 AM
Losing twice to the best team in the conference, but beating the third best means that second place is where you belong. Nobody who knows beans about anything is going to say otherwise.

Yes but still #1 in the Big 12 North, where KU is #2.

So no matter how you slice it MU should come out with a better bowl game than KU. But they won't.

chubychecker
12-02-2007, 08:10 AM
KU beat 2 teams with winning records, they both are 7-5 and one is named central michigan. Sorry, I know it sucks KU didn't choose to play the weakest big 12 opponents it just worked out that way. We will see what the hawks are made of next year when they play OU UT and Tech as their south opponents. They go through that season with one loss and then they be in the game.

Cochise
12-02-2007, 08:11 AM
Hawaii is unranked in five of the six computer polls that complete the BCS formula

A few weeks ago I think I read their SOS in the 90s, but according to CBS it's 119 now.

Updated SOS:

Missouri 13
WV 29
Ohio State 43
Georgia 9
Hawaii 119
LSU 27
Virginia Tech 11
Oklahoma 59
Kansas 75
USC 74

chubychecker
12-02-2007, 08:11 AM
Yes but still #1 in the Big 12 North, where KU is #2.

So no matter how you slice it MU should come out with a better bowl game than KU. But they won't.

yes they will

petegz28
12-02-2007, 08:12 AM
yes they will

You think MU will get a better bowl game than KU?

Cochise
12-02-2007, 08:13 AM
You think MU will get a better bowl game than KU?

Why wouldn't they?

Simplex3
12-02-2007, 08:13 AM
This season is the perfect reason why it needs to be settled on the field in a playoff. There's a never-ending circle of "A beat B, B beat C, C beat A, so who's better?".

I heard a plan on the radio that I though made a lot of sense. All six BCS conferences are forced to have title games. The six winners go to the playoffs. The other two playoff spots in the eight team playoff go to the two highest-ranked teams not already in, regardless of conference.

Lzen
12-02-2007, 08:14 AM
It's pretty simple, really. Kansas had their chance last week and they failed. I don't think they deserve it. A BCS game? Yes. National Championship? No.

Cochise
12-02-2007, 08:15 AM
This season is the perfect reason why it needs to be settled on the field in a playoff. There's a never-ending circle of "A beat B, B beat C, C beat A, so who's better?".

I heard a plan on the radio that I though made a lot of sense. All six BCS conferences are forced to have title games. The six winners go to the playoffs. The other two playoff spots in the eight team playoff go to the two highest-ranked teams not already in, regardless of conference.

That's a lot of games... 3 more games for teams that don't have conference title games. Teams could end up having to play 15 or 16 if they hoped to win the title.

petegz28
12-02-2007, 08:15 AM
Why wouldn't they?

They should I agree. But all the talk is KU will get a better bowl game than MU cause MU has 2 losses vs. KU's 1.

Cochise
12-02-2007, 08:18 AM
They should I agree. But all the talk is KU will get a better bowl game than MU cause MU has 2 losses vs. KU's 1.

First of all, if they go to a BCS bowl and play one of the other BCS teams, they're going to get curbstomped.

Wait until the rankings come out today. I don't think either team is going to get a BCS game and neither team deserves it.

pikesome
12-02-2007, 08:19 AM
That's a lot of games... 3 more games for teams that don't have conference title games. Teams could end up having to play 15 or 16 if they hoped to win the title.

For the millions that NCAA Football brings in you think they could work a bit more for it. Hell, extra games = extra money.

And no, I don't want to hear about "school work". It doesn't seem to be a big concern any other time.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2007, 08:20 AM
It's pretty simple, really. Kansas had their chance last week and they failed. I don't think they deserve it. A BCS game? Yes. National Championship? No.

:bravo:

finally someone on here with some sense... God MU fan get over it... You beat KU, then got humiliated by OU...

I want as many BIG12 teams in the BCS, more $$$ for the conference.

Stop whining this morning.. KU deserves no shot at the NC, any logical KU fan knows that, BCS game? Sure why not? they are 11-1 and have about the same non-con schedule as tOSU.

Cochise
12-02-2007, 08:21 AM
:bravo:

finally someone on here with some sense... God MU fan get over it... You beat KU, then got humiliated by OU...

There's only one of us whining and paranoid about it, for the record. No one will be proud of being picked for a BCS game if they get run off the field.

BCS game? Sure why not? they are 11-1 and have about the same non-con schedule as tOSU.

1. Their SOS is better
2. They beat 4 ranked teams.
3. They won their conference

ChiTown
12-02-2007, 08:24 AM
I REALLY think KU v OU in the Fiesta should happen. Do they deserve it? Yes. But, in the BCS system, you don't always get what you deserve.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2007, 08:29 AM
There's only one of us whining and paranoid about it, for the record. No one will be proud of being picked for a BCS game if they get run off the field.
Thanks for the clairfication....

Well that is why the play the games....

But if you take a objective look at it, BCS games pay $17 Mill per team.. That is an extra Mill plus for each conference school..

Put aside the school pride, if the Big 12 wants to be considered elite, we need as many teams as possible in the BCS regardless of who it is or if you hate that school. Big 12 needs money to compete with the SEC, Big 11 and so forth..

Dont hate, but be happy that we actually have a shot to secure some more funds for the conference....

Besides, I am pissed that MU no showed last night.. I was the only KU fan at an OU christmas party last night rooting for MU... Apparently I have no pride or shame...

Spott
12-02-2007, 08:37 AM
I REALLY think KU v OU in the Fiesta should happen. Do they deserve it? Yes. But, in the BCS system, you don't always get what you deserve.

Can teams in the same conference play each other in a BCS game?

Lzen
12-02-2007, 08:53 AM
The beat a team with a winning record. Actually, they beat 5 of them and 1 of them was ranked.

At least get your facts straight before talking smack. KU beat:

Central Michigan 8-5
Texas A&M 7-5
Plus 2 bowl bound teams.

BTW, nice choke job last night by MU. :shake:

Spott
12-02-2007, 08:55 AM

Central Michigan 8-5
Texas A&M 7-5
Plus 2 bowl bound teams.

Nice choke job last week when you finally played a ranked team for the first time all season. Oh, and congrats on beating Central Michigan.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Nice choke job last week when you finally played a ranked team for the first time all season. Oh, and congrats on beating Central Michigan.

Well we didnt lose to Appalachian State...

CupidStunt
12-02-2007, 08:56 AM
KU does NOT deserve a BCS Bowl based on the rules. You all know them - only two teams per conference. Those two teams are OU and MU.

You can NOT put KU in above MU, and I'm hoping that they won't.

KU deserves a New Year bowl, perhaps the Gator Bowl or even the Cotton if MU makes a BCS. They don't deserve to represent the Big XII in the BCS.

CupidStunt
12-02-2007, 08:58 AM

Central Michigan 8-5
Texas A&M 7-5
Plus 2 bowl bound teams.

:LOL:

Central Michigan and TAMU! Wooooooh!

Dude, please. Please don't hang your hat on that. Promise me, mm'kay?

RedNeckRaider
12-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Off the subject but I think it would be cool to see MU and KU get it on again, wont happen but I would like to see it. KU and OU would be interesting. It sucks for KU fans but I dont think a title game will or should happen for them.

Lzen
12-02-2007, 09:01 AM

I would possibly agree with you except for the fact that MU shit down their legs in the 2nd half. If the final score was close, MU would probably deserve to at least remain in the top 5. As it is, I don't know that the voters are gonna cut MU much slack. I guess we will see later today.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2007, 09:01 AM
KU does NOT deserve a BCS Bowl based on the rules. You all know them - only two teams per conference. Those two teams are OU and MU.

KU deserves a New Year bowl, perhaps the Gator Bowl or even the Cotton if MU makes a BCS. They don't deserve to represent the Big XII in the BCS.

I hope they put KU in now, just to watch you meltdown....

That would be priceless....

CupidStunt
12-02-2007, 09:04 AM
I hope they put KU in now, just to watch you meltdown....

That would be priceless....

ROFL

You've gotta be kidding, right weewun?

It'd be a shambles, but I wouldn't mind seeing KU get destroyed by Va. Tech, USC or Georgia.

The football fan in me would want a better game, though, which MU would give them.

Stewie
12-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Can teams in the same conference play each other in a BCS game?

Yes they can, and the talk is that will happen. OU/KU in the Fiesta Bowl. MU probably to the Cotton. Of course with the BCS who knows?

siberian khatru
12-02-2007, 09:08 AM
I would possibly agree with you except for the fact that MU shit down their legs in the 2nd half. If the final score was close, MU would probably deserve to at least remain in the top 5. As it is, I don't know that the voters are gonna cut MU much slack. I guess we will see later today.

That still doesn't make sense to me. KU is gonna benefit because the difference between MU and OU is greater than the difference between KU and MU, when KU didn't even play OU? To me, you can't square that circle without having the benefit of knowing how KU would play OU.

MU has one more loss than KU because it played one more game -- and it earned that extra game by beating KU. And both those losses were to the same team. If MU had lost to Texas A&M in the regular season, beaten KU to win the North and then got punked by OU in the title game, KU would have a much better argument, IMO.

Stewie
12-02-2007, 09:08 AM
ROFL

It'd be a shambles, but I wouldn't mind seeing KU get destroyed by Va. Tech, USC or Georgia.

The football fan in me would want a better game, though, which MU would give them.

Get a grip. You'd think MU beat KU like the humiliation OU dropped on MU. KU had a chance to win the game in the 4th quarter after an atrocious first half. MU's spread offense was exposed last night and now all smart coaches will do what OU did.

Lzen
12-02-2007, 09:09 AM

I would be fine with that.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2007, 09:09 AM
ROFL

Nope.. Your hate for KU is priceless, kind of like mine for Herm.

I thought MU would of given OU a better game last night. So with that being said, I dont thing I would sit here and tell anyone that MU will give someone a better game than KU....

Regardless of W/L record of the BCS games.. the thought of KU in a BCS game is, well a dream....

so heres to that dream :toast:

Bearcat
12-02-2007, 09:11 AM
I don't want Kansas to play Oklahoma... it was pretty obvious that Kansas couldn't keep up with Mizzou, and Mizzou couldn't keep up with Oklahoma. There's usually not much point in saying "team A beat team B, C beat A, so C > B", because any given day blah blah blah... but after watching the last two games, I think the Jayhawks would get slaughtered.

Plus, I like bowls for the matchups you'll never see in the regular season, and to see how the SEC's best plays against the Big 12's best or Pac10's best. Let's get slaughtered by Florida instead LMAO

Lzen
12-02-2007, 09:13 AM
:LOL:

Central Michigan and TAMU! Wooooooh!

Dude, please. Please don't hang your hat on that. Promise me, mm'kay?

Anyone with half a brain can see that winning 11 games is not easy. Look at OU's 2 losses. Don't give me any BS about that when your team could have easily beaten two teams to which they were clearly superior (talent wise). This is especially true in a year where many top ranked teams lost to unranked teams. I hate to break it to you, but parity is finally here in college football. The old days of powerhouses always dominating are over. Get used to it.

CupidStunt
12-02-2007, 09:19 AM
I don't hate KU. They're so irrelevant, I couldn't give a shit about them.

I just don't give credit to teams when they lose to the only good teams they face. MU stepped up when it played KU and OU stepped up when it played OU.

KU will be in a decent New Year bowl with a chance to prove itself. IF it can win, that'd be great for the Big XII and KU's program.

Lzen
12-02-2007, 09:22 AM
That still doesn't make sense to me. KU is gonna benefit because the difference between MU and OU is greater than the difference between KU and MU, when KU didn't even play OU? To me, you can't square that circle without having the benefit of knowing how KU would play OU.

MU has one more loss than KU because it played one more game -- and it earned that extra game by beating KU. And both those losses were to the same team. If MU had lost to Texas A&M in the regular season, beaten KU to win the North and then got punked by OU in the title game, KU would have a much better argument, IMO.

I wasn't talking about KU in that post. But let me explain the reasoning for KU over MU in the Fiesta (if that happens, which may not....who knows?) The thing that I have heard/read is that the Fiesta is left with a choice. I think the only possibility for KU would be the Fiesta.

Between the best remaining teams MU, KU, Hawaii, ASU, KU may be the most attractive team. They don't want MU since they have already played OU twice. ASU is a home team and that equals no tourist $$$ for the Fiesta city that week. Hawaii is an interesting story, but they have not played anybody. That doesn't mean that they won't be in one of the BCS bowls, though. Hell, it may end up being OU/Hawaii. A one loss KU team appears to be the most attractive team for them. Another factor is that the Fiesta has been to just about every KU game this season. They know very well what KU has to offer.

pikesome
12-02-2007, 09:22 AM
I don't hate KU. They're so irrelevant, I couldn't give a shit about them.

I just don't give credit to teams when they lose to the only good teams they face. MU stepped up when it played KU and OU stepped up when it played OU.

KU will be in a decent New Year bowl with a chance to prove itself. IF it can win, that'd be great for the Big XII and KU's program.

What do we call their loses then? Stepping down? You can't give credit for the MU win without taking some for the Colorado and TT loses.

irishjayhawk
12-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Should we get a BCS bid? Yes.
Should we get a NC bid? No.

Who should?

Well, I think OSU (they're the team that proves the BCS is flawed as they lose early to a worse team, have no conference championship, and still manage to climb back to #1) will play, sadly, LSU. I think the media is there and dumbass college football fans want it. Name means everything....

Lzen
12-02-2007, 09:25 AM
What do we call their loses then? Stepping down? You can't give credit for the MU win without taking some for the Colorado and TT loses.

Lol. He tries really hard to ignore those. Notice he never specifically addressed my post.

wazu
12-02-2007, 09:27 AM
Why clearly? Let's hear the logic

KU and Ohio State have identical records, and similar strength of schedules. KU lost to MU, a top 5 team. Ohio State lost to Illinois, an unranked team.

KU > Ohio State

pikesome
12-02-2007, 09:27 AM
Should we get a BCS bid? Yes.
Should we get a NC bid? No.

Who should?

Well, I think OSU (they're the team that proves the BCS is flawed as they lose early to a worse team, have no conference championship, and still manage to climb back to #1) will play, sadly, LSU. I think the media is there and dumbass college football fans want it. Name means everything....

Sums up my feelings as well.

irishjayhawk
12-02-2007, 09:28 AM
KU and Ohio State have identical records, and similar strength of schedules. KU lost to MU, a top 5 team. Ohio State lost to Illinois, an unranked team.

KU > Ohio State

No, you forget.

OSU adds 100000000 points for name alone.

OSU > KU

Frazod
12-02-2007, 09:30 AM
Kansas has just as much right to be there as OSU. I guess if the BCS wants to perpetrate a fraud against the entire country, they might as well double their pleasure.

Cochise
12-02-2007, 09:30 AM

It wasn't a "choke job". We lost to a better team. OU is the best team in the Big 12, and it's probably not close. They have been all year. They aren't Johnny-come-lately. That roster is loaded with talent all the way up and down it. It's not a bad loss.

Like I was saying, neither Missouri nor Kansas deserves to be in the BCS. They played well, had fine seasons, but neither has an argument. Missouri because they've got two losses, even though they are quality losses, and Kansas because they had their chance, and because they don't have any quality wins.

CupidStunt
12-02-2007, 09:31 AM
The BCS permits only TWO teams from one conference in BCS Bowl games.

OU is in.

Answer me one question: why does KU deserve the spot above MU?

irishjayhawk
12-02-2007, 09:38 AM

OU is in.

That question undermines the entire BCS system.

irishjayhawk
12-02-2007, 09:39 AM
Kansas has just as much right to be there as OSU. I guess if the BCS wants to perpetrate a fraud against the entire country, they might as well double their pleasure.

Yep. :evil: :)

HC_Chief
12-02-2007, 09:40 AM

OU is in.

MU is probably going to the Cotton Bowl... one of the two slots in that game is reserved for the BigXII #2. If you go by the Big XII CG, that would be MU.

Cochise
12-02-2007, 09:42 AM
MU is probably going to the Cotton Bowl... one of the two slots in that game is reserved for the BigXII #2. If you go by the Big XII CG, that would be MU.

They get second choice is what that means, it doesn't automatically mean the second place team.

Frazod
12-02-2007, 09:45 AM

As I said last night, the Cotton Bowl works just fine for me. Especially this year, it's not like getting a BCS bid matters that much, when you consider that a fraud like OSU will play for the championship. It's kind of like some n00b getting all excited about reaching icon level.

CupidStunt
12-02-2007, 09:46 AM
They get second choice is what that means, it doesn't automatically mean the second place team.

Correct. The Cotton Bowl will take the KU/MU reject.

Here's one thing I know: MU beat Illinois which is a better win than any of KUs, and it also beat KU head-to-head. MU does have the extra loss, but BOTH came at the hands of one of the top-five teams in the country, which KU avoided.

KU may get it. Good for them if they do. But I wouldn't wanna be an MU fan if it happens

HC_Chief
12-02-2007, 09:47 AM
As I said last night, the Cotton Bowl works just fine for me. Especially this year, it's not like getting a BCS bid matters that much, when you consider that a fraud like OSU will play for the championship. It's kind of like some n00b getting all excited about reaching icon level.

Yep. KU (insert MU for you tigger fans) in AZ or in TX, no matter: 11-1 (11-2 for the tiggers) and a "good" bowl :thumb:

siberian khatru
12-02-2007, 10:36 AM
I wasn't talking about KU in that post. But let me explain the reasoning for KU over MU in the Fiesta (if that happens, which may not....who knows?) The thing that I have heard/read is that the Fiesta is left with a choice. I think the only possibility for KU would be the Fiesta.

Between the best remaining teams MU, KU, Hawaii, ASU, KU may be the most attractive team. They don't want MU since they have already played OU twice. ASU is a home team and that equals no tourist $$$ for the Fiesta city that week. Hawaii is an interesting story, but they have not played anybody. That doesn't mean that they won't be in one of the BCS bowls, though. Hell, it may end up being OU/Hawaii. A one loss KU team appears to be the most attractive team for them. Another factor is that the Fiesta has been to just about every KU game this season. They know very well what KU has to offer.

I understand that, if we're just talking about the Fiesta Bowl. I'm not saying KU getting the Fiesta would somehow be illegal. But it still shows how the system is fugged up if KU gets a BCS bowl over MU. MU gets jobbed because 1) Big 12 gets only 2 teams and 2) MU gets penalized for playing OU twice while KU gets rewarded for not playing them. As I said, the only reason MU played OU twice is because they beat KU. Beat KU = better bowl for KU, worse bowl for MU. That's nuts.

Chocolate Hog
12-02-2007, 10:39 AM
How bout KU plays someone for once then you can complain about not being in the title game

ArrowheadHawk
12-02-2007, 10:51 AM
i know at this point that KU doesn't deserve a shot at the NC but I sure would love to be in a playoff with a chance to see what happens instead of stupid polls and and a pc deciding who should go

ArrowheadHawk
12-02-2007, 10:52 AM
How bout KU plays someone for once then you can complain about not being in the title gamethe same can be said about OSU

siberian khatru
12-02-2007, 10:52 AM
i know at this point that KU doesn't deserve a shot at the NC but I sure would love to be in a playoff with a chance to see what happens instead of stupid polls and and a pc deciding who should go

:thumb:

Frazod
12-02-2007, 10:53 AM
the same can be said about OSU

Absolutely.

siberian khatru
12-02-2007, 11:04 AM
BTW, the thing that really chaps my ass is if Illinois gets the Rose Bowl. Yes, I understand all the Europe circa 1914 agreements and entanglements that make that possible, but that's just total bullshit that Illinois would get a better bowl than MU.

Silock
12-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Mizzou kicked KU's ass. Period. Im an OU guy, but I like KU, as my wife went there. But seriously.

Yes, clearly 8 points is an "ass kicking" when the two missed field goals would have had it a tie ballgame in the 4th quarter. KU lost because they got outplayed, but they didn't get their asses kicked. Mizzou got their asses kicked by Oklahoma last night. That was an asskicking. 8 points does not an asskicking make.

Silock
12-02-2007, 11:26 AM

A&M and K-State were both ranked when KU played them.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-02-2007, 11:34 AM
2 times in history a team in the National championship game didn't win their own conference. Both times they were from the Big XII. I don't think OU fans complained about losing the conference to Kansas St. and then playing in the big game. Cornhusker fans, I'm sure you remember that you were the other team.

Frazod
12-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Yes, clearly 8 points is an "ass kicking" when the two missed field goals would have had it a tie ballgame in the 4th quarter. KU lost because they got outplayed, but they didn't get their asses kicked. Mizzou got their asses kicked by Oklahoma last night. That was an asskicking. 8 points does not an asskicking make.

I was sweating bullets right up until the end of the game. Definitely not an asskicking.