5. Va Tech
6. USC
7. MU
8. KU

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/usatpoll.htm

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 11:30 AM
It's such crap that you have top-10 teams (Florida and KU/MU) that have no shot at a BCS bowl.

siberian khatru
12-02-2007, 11:31 AM
It's such crap that you have top-10 teams (Florida and KU/MU) that have no shot at a BCS bowl.

In part because the Rose Bowl wants their widdle Big 11 team.

But I'm not bitter. ;)

88TG88
12-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Florida is in the top 10 ?

edit: didn't look at the espn link

Ultra Peanut
12-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Florida's #12 in the Coaches poll, actually.

Surprised the pollsters paid attention long enough to see Hawai'i lay the wood to Washington in the second half.

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 11:34 AM
In part because the Rose Bowl wants their widdle Big 11 team.

But I'm not bitter. ;)

It has nothing to do with that. It's all because of the max 2 teams per conference rule. No matter what the Rose Bowl chooses one of KU or MU would be left out.

siberian khatru
12-02-2007, 11:34 AM

Surprised the pollsters paid attention long enough to see Hawai'i lay the wood to Washington in the second half.

Heh, they got 1 first-place vote in each poll.

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 11:35 AM

We were #10 in the BCS last week.

siberian khatru
12-02-2007, 11:37 AM
It has nothing to do with that. It's all because of the max 2 teams per conference rule. No matter what the Rose Bowl chooses one of KU or MU would be left out.

Sure, if you're just talking about MU and KU.

But wouldn't getting Ill. out of the mix open a spot somewhere in the BCS potentially for Florida? I thought in your post you meant Florida and one of MU/KU.

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 11:38 AM

But wouldn't getting Ill. out of the mix open a spot somewhere in the BCS potentially for Florida? I thought in your post you meant Florida and one of MU/KU.

No. LSU and Georgia will fill the the max. 2-SEC BCS games.

kstater
12-02-2007, 11:39 AM

No way Florida gets in ahead of Georgia.

siberian khatru
12-02-2007, 11:39 AM
No. LSU and Georgia will fill the the max. 2-SEC BCS games.

:doh!:

Obviously.

Uh, yeah that 2-team rule SUCKS!

:)

siberian khatru
12-02-2007, 11:43 AM
Fug it, just take the top 8 teams and have a playoff. I'd watch that.

siberian khatru
12-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Wait, there are 5 BCS bowls, right?

Better make it top 10.

Spott
12-02-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm surprised that UF is behind ASU. UF would blow them out by 3 TD's if they played them.

I think the new coaches poll guarantees that LSU will play Ohio St.

HolmeZz
12-02-2007, 11:48 AM

Florida finished 3rd in their own f*cking DIVISION and basically 5th in the whole conference.

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Florida finished 3rd in their own f*cking DIVISION and basically 5th in the whole conference.

Top 10 team (as of last week), thanks though. :thumb:

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Sagarin:

1. VT LMAO
2. LSU
3. Oklahoma
4. Ohio State
5. Kansas
6. Mizzou
7. Georgia
8. Hawaii
9. USC
10. BC LMAO
11. WVU
12. Florida

HolmeZz
12-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Yup. Enjoy the Capital One Bowl. ROFL

siberian khatru
12-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Sagarin:

1. VT LMAO
2. LSU
3. Oklahoma
4. Ohio State
5. Kansas
6. Mizzou
7. Georgia
8. Hawaii
9. USC
10. BC LMAO
11. WVU
12. Florida

Not used in the BCS, though. Right?

Spott
12-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Sagarin:

1. VT LMAO
2. LSU
3. Oklahoma
4. Ohio State
5. Kansas
6. Mizzou
7. Georgia
8. Hawaii
9. USC
10. BC LMAO
11. WVU
12. Florida

Damn, that Sagarin system is horrible. Is that used in the BCS formula?

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Yup. Enjoy the Capital One Bowl. ROFL

You mean the bowl where we'll get the most amount of $$ of any bowl outside of the BCS, meanwhile getting a share of the BCS bowl money?? Will-do.

Love all you haters. ROFL

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Not used in the BCS, though. Right?

Sagarin is one of the 6 computer polls. They throw out a team's highest and lowest ranking and then average the remaining 4.

HolmeZz
12-02-2007, 12:01 PM
You mean the bowl where we'll get the most amount of $$ of any bowl outside of the BCS, meanwhile getting a share of the BCS bowl money?? Will-do.

Love all you haters. ROFL

Then why are you complaining about not getting a BCS bid when your team finished 5th in it's own conference?

siberian khatru
12-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Sagarin is one of the 6 computer polls. They throw out a team's highest and lowest ranking and then average the remaining 4.

Sagarin = ELO Chess. Got it.

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Then why are you complaining about not getting a BCS bid when your team finished 5th in it's own conference?

First, LSU 11-2, Georgia 10-2, Tenn 9-4, Fla 9-3, Auburn 8-4.

Second, because I think the 10 best teams regardless of conference should get the BCS games. I'm complaining about the rule and how we don't have ANY chance (and how one of the Big XII teams doesn't have any chance). If we're one of the 10 best (which as of last week we were), then we should at least have an opportunity to get selected.

CupidStunt
12-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Let me keep this brief: "I told you so."

Extra Point
12-02-2007, 12:07 PM
B00sh!t Championship System. Take the top 8 or top16 and make the playoff system work.

siberian khatru
12-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Let me keep this brief: "I told you so."

LMAO

nlm

chiefscafan
This is crap! Ohio state and LSu both don't deserve to bein the main game.

I don't know about ohio state but LSU give me a break .

MIles is a joke of a coach taking credit for playing nick saben's guys. They've lost two games and against Auburn and Alabama had to have some contreversal calls to win.

This proves we need a playoff the BCS is a JOke

Hawaii goes undefeated and has no chance at the national title???? give me a break.

Garcia Bronco
Sagarin:

1. VT LMAO
2. LSU
3. Oklahoma
4. Ohio State
5. Kansas
6. Mizzou
7. Georgia
8. Hawaii
9. USC
10. BC LMAO
11. WVU
12. Florida

That's very accurate

HolmeZz
12-02-2007, 12:11 PM
You finished 5th in your conference. Auburn shut you down on your own field.

You were 1-3 against the 4 teams ahead of you in the SEC. They aren't one of the top 10 teams in the country. Their defense is awful and they haven't beaten anyone outside of Tennessee all year.

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 12:12 PM
That's very accurate

No way in hell should VT be ranked ahead of LSU. They both have 2 losses. Both of LSU's have come in 3OT and they have played a tougher schedule. VT lost to LSU 48-7.

Additionally, BC should not be in the top-10.

Spott
12-02-2007, 12:12 PM
Every year it's the same thing with college football. There's supposedly all this passion for the sport, yet most of the time there is no "true" champion in the sport and everybody is just left bickering about who is better. The BCS is the reason that the NFL will always be supreme to college football.

Spott
12-02-2007, 12:13 PM
No way in hell should VT be ranked ahead of LSU. They both have 2 losses. Both of LSU's have come in 3OT and they have played a tougher schedule. VT lost to LSU 48-7.

I think he is a VT fan and wasn't really being serious about the Sagarin ratings.

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 12:17 PM
You finished 5th in your conference. Auburn shut you down on your own field.

You were 1-3 against the 4 teams ahead of you in the SEC. They aren't one of the top 10 teams in the country. Their defense is awful and they haven't beaten anyone outside of Tennessee all year.

Defense is awful, will be better next year. Beat-down Tennessee who beat-down Georgia who beat-down us and Auburn but lost to South Carolina who we destroyed. Beat Kentucky who beat LSU who beat Auburn who lost to Georgia and Miss State who got beat-down by LSU.

The SEC beat each other up. Facts are that we have the 3rd highest winning percentage out of all SEC teams and (as of last week) were #10 in the BCS.

Garcia Bronco
12-02-2007, 12:21 PM

Virginia Tech has only lost to the number 2 team in the nation period and techically have 1 loss because they beat one of the teams that beat them. LSU and Virginia Tech should play for the national title. And the ACC is just a hair under the SEC in terms of toughness. So if you would like to put LSU 1 and VT 2 that's fine by me.

Garcia Bronco
12-02-2007, 12:22 PM
I think he is a VT fan and wasn't really being serious about the Sagarin ratings.

I was being serious and I am not a VT fan. I am Alumni. I am a Hokie.

HolmeZz
12-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Defense is awful, will be better next year.

That's terrific. But they sucked this year.

The SEC beat each other up.

The top 4 SEC teams beat up on Florida.

Facts are that we have the 3rd highest winning percentage out of all SEC teams

Because your out of conference schedule was Troy, Florida Atlantic, and Western Kentucky.

You can't even make a case for Florida. I'm asking you. What did they do this year that warrants a BCS bid? Who've they beaten?

Cochise
12-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Those polls are just about right.

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 12:37 PM
That's terrific. But they sucked this year.

The top 4 SEC teams beat up on Florida.

Because your out of conference schedule was Troy, Florida Atlantic, and Western Kentucky.

You can't even make a case for Florida. I'm asking you. What did they do this year that warrants a BCS bid? Who've they beaten?

How did the top-4 SEC teams beat up on Florida when we have 3 losses?

We destroyed Tennessee and beat Kentucky when they were ranked #7 in the country. We have 3 losses by a combined 19pts. We have more quality wins than Kansas, Hawaii and OSU. Granted, we have more losses than all of those teams and they are and should be ranked higher.

I'm not saying we 'deserve' a BCS bid. I'm saying that I dislike the max. 2 team per conference rule. If we're ranked top 10 at the end of the year we should at least be in consideration of a BCS bowl and I'm complaining that the rule takes away any chance of consideration.

What teams outside of OSU, LSU, Georgia, Oklahoma, VT, USC, Hawaii 'warrant' a BCS bid?

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 12:51 PM
7 and 8, I would say thats fair for MU and KU

Now which one is gonna get screwed out of a BCS game

HolmeZz
12-02-2007, 12:53 PM
How did the top-4 SEC teams beat up on Florida when we have 3 losses?

1-3 is beaten up on. Not individually, but as a whole.

We destroyed Tennessee

And congrats on beating a team who accomplished nothing outside of one game against Georgia.

and beat Kentucky when they were ranked #7 in the country.

Kentucky is 7-5 and 3-5 in the conference. This is exactly why I wanted you to tell me what Florida has done this year. It's because I knew you'd have to reach for something and look silly in doing so.

We have 3 losses by a combined 19pts.

I didn't know the BCS formula had a variable for moral victories.

We have more quality wins than Kansas, Hawaii and OSU.

Granted, we have more losses than all of those teams and they are and should be ranked higher.

Arguing with you isn't as fun when you start arguing against your own points.

I'm not saying we 'deserve' a BCS bid.

Really?

"It's such crap that you have top-10 teams (Florida...) that have no shot at a BCS bowl."

I'm saying that I dislike the max. 2 team per conference rule.

Then perhaps you should've finished in the top 2 and not 5th in your conference.

What teams outside of OSU, LSU, Georgia, Oklahoma, VT, USC, Hawaii 'warrant' a BCS bid?

Dunno. But none of them will be in a position to complain that they didn't.

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 12:55 PM
I do find it disturbing that Ohio St can benefit from not playing a game while Kansas actually drops.

The BCS is a bunch of ****ing bs

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Arguing with you isn't as fun when you start arguing against your own points.

Really?

"It's such crap that you have top-10 teams (Florida...) that have no shot at a BCS bowl."

You have a difficult time with reading comprehension, huh? Never did I say "FLORIDA DESERVES A BCS BID". I said it's shit that top-10 teams (Florida and one of KU/MU) have NO SHOT at a BCS bid due to the max 2-teams per conference rule. There's a difference. Whether you understand or not.. I have no control over that.

Spott
12-02-2007, 12:57 PM
7 and 8, I would say thats fair for MU and KU

Now which one is gonna get screwed out of a BCS game

Probably the team that the bowls think will "travel" better. I don't know which one that would be. I know MU brought a lot of people to San Antonio, but I don't know which team that the BCS thinks will bring more fans.

HolmeZz
12-02-2007, 01:00 PM
You have a difficult time with reading comprehension, huh? Never did I say "FLORIDA DESERVES A BCS BID". I said it's shit that top-10 teams (Florida and one of KU/MU) have NO SHOT at a BCS bid due to the max 2-teams per conference rule. There's a difference. Whether you understand or not.. I have no control over that.

I don't even care about the max rule. No 5th place team should be in the BCS.

Spott
12-02-2007, 01:01 PM
I do find it disturbing that Ohio St can benefit from not playing a game while Kansas actually drops.

The BCS is a bunch of ****ing bs

Yeah, that is some definite BS. KU got jumped by VT(whom they were tied with in the coaches poll), USC, LSU and OU when they didn't play. Meanwhile, OSU goes straight to #1.

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Yeah, that is some definite BS. KU got jumped by VT(whom they were tied with in the coaches poll), USC, LSU and OU when they didn't play. Meanwhile, OSU goes straight to #1.

Yep, thats what is wrong with college football

OSU gets sucked off by the voters because of their tradition

Ultra Peanut
12-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Because your out of conference schedule was Troy, Florida Atlantic, and Western Kentucky.Hey, FAU is a powerhouse and I'll not have you besmirching their name.

(Also powerhouses: Mississippi, Ark. State, MTSU, Tulane, Rice, and SMU)

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 01:04 PM
I don't even care about the max rule. No 5th place team should be in the BCS.

No matter what you say we have the 3rd highest win % in the SEC and we're (as of last week) ranked #10. Nothing you say can change those facts.

Ultra Peanut
12-02-2007, 01:04 PM

The BCS is a bunch of ****ing bsWhat's funny is that, had OSU's last two games been pushed back a week each, they probably would have gotten bumped back too far after the Illinois game to capitalize on the Mizzou loss and WVU chokejob.

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 01:05 PM

OSU gets sucked off by the voters because of their tradition

Like it or not, it's because they won their conference. All teams that won their conference moved up (VT, LSU, OSU) and teams that didn't stayed the same or dropped (MU, KU, Georgia).

HolmeZz
12-02-2007, 01:08 PM
No matter what you say we have the 3rd highest win % in the SEC

Yes, and those wins against Florida Atlantic and Western Kentucky are what should put you over the top.

The 2007 Florida Gators were the 5th place team in the SEC. Get over it.

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 01:11 PM
If Hawaii wins their bowl game they are National Champs in my mind, just like Boise St. last year

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Yes, and those wins against Florida Atlantic and Western Kentucky are what should put you over the top.

The 2007 Florida Gators were the 5th place team in the SEC. Get over it.

I guess Tennessee's wins against So Miss, Arky St and Louisiana Lafayette, Georgia's against Western Carolina and Troy, LSU's against Middle Tenn St, Tulane and La Tech and Auburn's against New Mexico St and Tenn Tech shouldn't count either.

Ultra Peanut
12-02-2007, 01:26 PM
I guess Tennessee's wins against So Miss, Arky St and Louisiana Lafayette, Georgia's against Western Carolina and Troy, LSU's against Middle Tenn St, Tulane and La Tech and Auburn's against New Mexico St and Tenn Tech shouldn't count either.One of these things (Southern Miss) is not like the others. I mean, yeah, they were mediocre as **** this year and fired Jeff Bower (WTFWTFWTFWTFWTF), but they're not a buy game like the rest of those teams.

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 01:29 PM
One of these things (Southern Miss) is not like the others. I mean, yeah, they were mediocre as **** this year and fired Jeff Bower (WTFWTFWTFWTFWTF), but they're not a buy game like the rest of those teams.

Fla State hasn't been Fla State the last few years, but they're still the toughest 'regularly scheduled' non-con game than any other team in the SEC plays.

Ultra Peanut
12-02-2007, 01:32 PM
All that really says is that the SEC is usually unbelievably incestuous in terms of "tough opposition." They usually have a few high-profile OOC games spread among them, and then spend the rest of their time beating up on each other.

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 01:33 PM
All that really says is that the SEC is usually unbelievably incestuous in terms of "tough opposition." They usually have a few high-profile OOC games spread among them, and then spend the rest of their time beating up on each other.

That's pretty accurate. What makes it legit is their general success in the bowl games.

Gonzo
12-02-2007, 01:44 PM
Pollsters got the game they wanted.

Garcia Bronco
12-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Like it or not, it's because they won their conference. All teams that won their conference moved up (VT, LSU, OSU) and teams that didn't stayed the same or dropped (MU, KU, Georgia).

VT didn't move up at all in any significant fashion.

irishjayhawk
12-02-2007, 02:29 PM
VT in the Orange Bowl

BigMeatballDave
12-02-2007, 02:34 PM

OSU gets sucked off by the voters because of their traditionKeep making excuses. All MU had to do last night is win. Its a lousy system. Everyone knows this. OSU lost and fell to 7th. Teams kept losing. Its not Ohio St. fault that the teams above them cannot take care of their business.

irishjayhawk
12-02-2007, 02:41 PM
Keep making excuses. All MU had to do last night is win. Its a lousy system. Everyone knows this. OSU lost and fell to 7th. Teams kept losing. Its not Ohio St. fault that the teams above them cannot take care of their business.

And yet Mizzou wouldn't move if they had no Championship game like OSU.

Either all have it or all don't. That's it. The Bottomline.

OSU deserves it as much as KU.

siberian khatru
12-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Keep making excuses. All MU had to do last night is win. Its a lousy system. Everyone knows this. OSU lost and fell to 7th. Teams kept losing. Its not Ohio St. fault that the teams above them cannot take care of their business.

That's not a fair comparison. It's not an even playing field -- all the other conferences have more business to take care of than Ohio St. Yes, that's not Ohio State's fault.

But still, taking your argument to the extreme, OSU should play 3 games, go 3-0, then watch every other team play 12, lose 1 or 2, then you sit there and say "Hey, we took care of our business, you didn't take care of yours."

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 02:46 PM

I'm not saying we deserve a shot, but why do you think OSU is anymore deserving then a lot of other teams

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 02:49 PM
I doubt OSU would beat Oklahoma, but we will never know. Because even though they beat the number 1 team they don't get a chance.