PDA

View Full Version : ****Official Fire Herm Thread!!****

Halfcan
12-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Thanks for cutting the nuts off the Offense, losing to the Faders at Home, and losing 5 in a row for the first time in 27 years!

Cya Herm-You suck!

FringeNC
12-02-2007, 03:02 PM
It was obvious Herm was a bad coach before Carl hired the loser -- and we gave up a draft pick to get him. Carl has to go, too -- in fact, that is the only way Herm gets fired -- no way Carl admits Herm has been a disaster.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-02-2007, 03:03 PM
We don't know if Herm is a mistake yet or not. We're still trying to recover from the Vermeil mistake. You can only coach what you have, and Herm doesn't have shit.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Well in his last 3 years he is 17-26... What do you expect?

Reerun_KC
12-02-2007, 03:04 PM
We don't know if Herm is a mistake yet or not. We're still trying to recover from the Vermeil mistake. You can only coach what you have, and Herm doesn't have shit.

So maybe Herm will blame the players again today and you will be happy.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Repost from last Sunday.

Pablo
12-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Yeah..Herm should get out there and play offensive line..and QB for that matter. Let's put this loss on him completely. He should have caught that pass to Bowe a second ago too.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Yeah..Herm should get out there and play offensive line..and QB for that matter. Let's put this loss on him completely. He should have caught that pass to Bowe a second ago too.

You tell'em GonzoRox88...

Wilson
12-02-2007, 03:09 PM
This is what happens when you hire friends over ability.

blueballs
Carl must go

FAX
For the first time in the Herm era, I am worried about the future, Mr. Halfcan. Youth movement notwithstanding, we have deteriorated so far that I'm not sure we can recover in less than 5 years.

And, I shall go to my grave believing that the loss of our Willies does not totally explain the offense's demise.

These are sad, sad days.

FAX

Halfcan
Repost from last Sunday.

And the Sunday before that .. and the Sunday before that... and

Mr. Flopnuts
12-02-2007, 03:10 PM
So maybe Herm will blame the players again today and you will be happy.

It is the players. They're trash. It's not hard to see. Let's not pretend you have an unbiased perspective either, you've been bitching about this hire since it happened. Honestly, I think you're more interested in validation than results. JMHO.

FAX
12-02-2007, 03:11 PM

You are one of the brighest posters in the firmament of the interweb, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts. I have seen enough and I guarantee you that this opinion will change over time.

FAX

Halfcan
For the first time in the Herm era, I am worried about the future, Mr. Halfcan. Youth movement notwithstanding, we have deteriorated so far that I'm not sure we can recover in less than 5 years.

And, I shall go to my grave believing that the loss of our Willies does not totally explain the offense's demise.

These are sad, sad days.

FAX

Yep Herm has lost complete control. We can't stop the run now, which is just compounding the problems with a Weak Offense.

Mr. Flopnuts
Carl must go

This is the REAL answer. Maybe Herm too, but we just don't know that yet. Let him put HIS team together before you crucify him for being surrounded by shit.

a1na2
12-02-2007, 03:13 PM

You can only use one year to blame Vermeil. The rest of this is all on the Hermit'.

He calls some of the most stupid plays I've ever seen in an NFL game.

IMO Thigpen needs to start if Croyle is not available. Huard needs to be #3 or lower. I think Kennison would be better than Huard.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-02-2007, 03:13 PM
You are one of the brighest posters in the firmament of the interweb, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts. I have seen enough and I guarantee you that this opinion will change over time.

FAX

I am hoping with all hope that is not the case Mr. Fax, but I am very very aware that it is more than a possibility. I'm not happy with Herm, I'm just not going to participate in the public stoning of him until the end of next year at the earliest. He has not impressed me, but this team is truly garbage. I don't blame him for that in the slightest.

jjjayb
12-02-2007, 03:14 PM

Heh. Blame this on Vermeil? Really? The team that Herm took was 10-6 the year before he got here. Herm has had 2 seasons now to figure something out. He's going backwards.

I'm still trying to figure out why we even got Herm after the way his team looked when they played us the year before we got him. He brought his jets into arrowhead looking dazed and confused and we thought "yeah, that'll be a good coach to bring in". I've seen that dazed and confused look for 5 weeks straight now except it's on the Chiefs. Coincedence?

Mr. Flopnuts
12-02-2007, 03:15 PM
You can only use one year to blame Vermeil. The rest of this is all on the Hermit'.

IMO Thigpen needs to start if Croyle is not available. Huard needs to be #3 or lower. I think Kennison would be better than Huard.

So basically, this year? Herm made the playoffs with a deteriorating team last year. This year, the REAL fallout from the Vermeil era is apparent. You can't blame a head coach for shit that happens in the first 2 years of his tenure. He's still cleaning up. His style is a major concern, but we knew that going in, no?

Halfcan

Excellent post! ;)

Gonzo

I would like to take a moment and reiterate the following:

"In no way do any comments made by GonzoRox88 represent the views of Gonzo. Nor does any dumbassery or douchebaggery that spews from GonzoRox88's keyboard represent the opinions of Gonzo."

Let it be known.

blueballs
12-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Carl must go

Dave Lane
12-02-2007, 03:17 PM

Yeah right we couldn't score a lick before Herm got here. Dumbest comment in some time from Mr Flopnuts

Mr. Flopnuts
12-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Heh. Blame this on Vermeil? Really? The team that Herm took was 10-6 the year before he got here. Herm has had 2 seasons now to figure something out. He's going backwards.

I'm still trying to figure out why we even got Herm after the way his team looked when they played us the year before we got him. He brought his jets into arrowhead looking dazed and confused and we thought "yeah, that'll be a good coach to bring in".

So Herm would have this record with Willie Roaf, and Will Sheilds playing at the level they played at for Vermeil? How about the rest of the offense? That's absurd. Are people really still making this argument? I don't love Herm, I'm not defending his philosophy, or anything else. I'm defending the fact that he inherited GARBAGE. Alas, players win, and coaches lose. Both statements are false, but most people can't distinguish the difference.

Halfcan

I'm still trying to figure out why we even got Herm after the way his team looked when they played us the year before we got him. He brought his jets into arrowhead looking dazed and confused and we thought "yeah, that'll be a good coach to bring in". I've seen that dazed and confused look for 5 weeks straight now except it's on the Chiefs. Coincedence?

Herm was a mistake from the start. Its time to end the suffering.

FringeNC
So basically, this year? Herm made the playoffs with a deteriorating team last year. This year, the REAL fallout from the Vermeil era is apparent. You can't blame a head coach for shit that happens in the first 2 years of his tenure. He's still cleaning up. His style is a major concern, but we knew that going in, no?

That's simply not true. In this era, teams can be re-tooled very quickly, and good coaches often make IMMEDIATE impacts.

Mr. Flopnuts
Yeah right we couldn't score a lick before Herm got here. Dumbest comment in some time from Mr Flopnuts

Do we still have those players? Dumbest assessment from Dave Lane in quite some time.

a1na2
12-02-2007, 03:19 PM

No, this year is totally on the Hermit.

If you want to use this year as Vermeil's legacy you have to admit that the Hermit got into the playoffs last year because of what Vermeil had left behind. Dude, you can't have it both ways.

'the Hermit' is the biggest disaster in KC since Bettis, Wiggins and Gansz.

The downward spiral will continue.

Halfcan
12-02-2007, 03:19 PM
Carl must go

I agree but Clark does not have the balls to do it. Carl will grow old and die in that position.

Zouk
12-02-2007, 03:20 PM

Kennison, Parker, Dunn, Wiegmann, Welbourn, Terry, Turley.

All will be out of football next year. These are no longer NFL caliber players.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-02-2007, 03:20 PM
No, this year is totally on the Hermit.

If you want to use this year as Vermeil's legacy you have to admit that the Hermit got into the playoffs last year because of what Vermeil had left behind. Dude, you can't have it both ways.

'the Hermit' is the biggest disaster in KC since Bettis, Wiggins and Gansz.

The downward spiral will continue.

I'm not saying Herm is a good coach. I'm not saying he's not contributing to this shithole of a season. What I'm saying, is he doesn't have HIS team on the field. Until he has ample time to get the personnel he needs to perform his scheme, it's moot.

a1na2
12-02-2007, 03:21 PM
That's simply not true. In this era, teams can be re-tooled very quickly, and good coaches often make IMMEDIATE impacts.

Exactly, good coaches. It is very obvious that we do not have a good coach. Great coaches can go further in their first year. (Chucky in Tampa Bay tends to come to mind.)

FAX
12-02-2007, 03:21 PM
So Herm would have this record with Willie Roaf, and Will Sheilds playing at the level they played at for Vermeil? How about the rest of the offense? That's absurd. Are people really still making this argument? I don't love Herm, I'm not defending his philosophy, or anything else. I'm defending the fact that he inherited GARBAGE. Alas, players win, and coaches lose. Both statements are false, but most people can't distinguish the difference.

Our Willie amputations are a factor. A major factor, in fact. But it does not, cannot, and will not explain what has happened to this offense, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts. I'm sorry, but it's fallen so far so quickly, the loss of two linemen (albeit pro-bowlers) does not explain it.

FAX

CupidStunt
12-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Bump last week's.

And then next week bump it again.

a1na2
12-02-2007, 03:23 PM

I find it hard to believe that you can distinguish the difference between football and soccer.

'the Hermit' couldn't coach peewee football with any success.

BigRock
12-02-2007, 03:23 PM
You can only use one year to blame Vermeil.
We'll be lucky if the total mismanagement of the roster during Vermeil's era doesn't haunt us for the next TEN years. But he scored some points, so we'll let that all slide.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Our Willie amputations are a factor. A major factor, in fact. But it does not, cannot, and will not explain what has happened to this offense, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts. I'm sorry, but it's fallen so far so quickly, the loss of two linemen (albeit pro-bowlers) does not explain it.

FAX

I agree Mr. Fax. So my question is this, why did Vermeil not take all the shit for a worse defense, than this offense? We blamed GRob, not Dick. Why are we crucifying Herm, instead of Mike Sosorry? We gave Vermeil the benefit of the doubt, we aren't doing the same with Herm. That's fine, you're all probably right about him. I'm not denying it, I'm just saying, we're all uninformed at this point. The writing's on the wall? Ok, but no one KNOWS until he at least fields his team. He hasn't. He's had to clean up first.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-02-2007, 03:25 PM
I find it hard to believe that you can distinguish the difference between football and soccer.

'the Hermit' couldn't coach peewee football with any success.

I won't even respond to any more of your posts. That was worthless. You can't argue with the points I'm making, so we go to personal attacks? You should be a politician Tom, oh wait, Phil stole your thunder right?

Zouk
12-02-2007, 03:25 PM
We'll be lucky if the total mismanagement of the roster during Vermeil's era doesn't haunt us for the next TEN years. But he scored some points, so we'll let that all slide.

I think we're set up very well this offseason to have a very good team next year. We have loads of cap room, high draft picks, and the natural maturation of Croyle and Bowe. All the remaining Vermeil relics will be kicked to the curb.

a1na2
12-02-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm not saying Herm is a good coach. I'm not saying he's not contributing to this shithole of a season. What I'm saying, is he doesn't have HIS team on the field. Until he has ample time to get the personnel he needs to perform his scheme, it's moot.

His team began the very first season he was in KC. You take what you get and if you are a good, or better, coach you make the best of what you have. You do not eviserate the offense then start complaining that the offense is just not good. There are plenty of free agents floating around that can be signed and those that are not doing their jobs can be cut.

Most of us are cut from our jobs if those in charge dont' think we can cut it. Football is no different and is more visible than what we all do for a living.

'the Hermit' must go and he must go now.

a1na2
12-02-2007, 03:27 PM
I won't even respond to any more of your posts. That was worthless. You can't argue with the points I'm making, so we go to personal attacks? You should be a politician Tom, oh wait, Phil stole your thunder right?

Pot meet kettle.

Your arguments are worthless and nothing more than uneducated speculation.

The facts with the Chiefs are out there for all to see. You are just blinded by your affection for 'the Hermit'.

FringeNC
12-02-2007, 03:28 PM

Yeah, Vermeil inherited that young, talented squad with tons of salary cap room.

Halfcan
12-02-2007, 03:28 PM

Well Dick did bring in PH and Trent. If we would have got anything out of our draft picks on the D side-we would have won a Championship.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Yeah, Vermeil inherited that young, talented squad with tons of salary cap room.

He didn't. Herm didn't either. Except for the salary cap room. Herm didn't inherit any talent. Vermeil didn't do shit with this team until year 3, why doesn't Herm get the same respect? I don't care, I'm not a fan of Herm's. The die was cast though, I'll save final judgment until the end of next season.

Halfcan
12-02-2007, 03:31 PM

FAX

Willie Amputations- hee hee ROFL

Herm sure cut the Willie off the O-thats for sure.

Halfcan
12-02-2007, 03:32 PM
He didn't. Herm didn't either. Except for the salary cap room. Herm didn't inherit any talent. Vermeil didn't do shit with this team until year 3, why doesn't Herm get the same respect? I don't care, I'm not a fan of Herm's. The die was cast though, I'll save final judgment until the end of next season.

Til the end of NEXT season???

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

a1na2
12-02-2007, 03:33 PM

By the end of next season we will have a year under a different HC.
'the Hermit' will not survive a 4-12 season in KC.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-02-2007, 03:35 PM
By the end of next season we will have a year under a different HC.
'the Hermit' will not survive a 4-12 season in KC.

If you have something to say to me, do it in public Tom. Quit leaving me PM's or I will hunt you down and eat your kids.

chasedude
12-02-2007, 03:35 PM
OMG another Fire Herm thread again :rolleyes: Didn't all this get figured out last week? and the week before?

Halfcan
12-02-2007, 03:37 PM
If you have something to say to me, do it in public Tom. Quit leaving me PM's or I will hunt you down and eat your kids.

ROFL What if he doesn't have any?

Mr. Flopnuts
12-02-2007, 03:40 PM
ROFL What if he doesn't have any?

He does. He's said as much, and the way he talks, they sound delicious!!!!

Simplex3
12-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Kennison, Parker, Dunn, Wiegmann, Welbourn, Terry, Turley.

All will be out of football next year. These are no longer NFL caliber players.
...yet Sperman keeps starting them over younger guys who could use the experience...

a1na2
12-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Mr. Flopnuts][/b]

Bring it on lady. You don't scare me. Besides, my kids can probably each kick your teeth down your throat.

The PM's are your problem. You seem to think that what you write is golden. Your PM's are garbage lady, not to mention your understanding of football.

a1na2
12-02-2007, 03:46 PM
He does. He's said as much, and the way he talks, they sound delicious!!!!

Both my kids are straight. I guess you gays need something to do your thing over. We don't allow gays in Tulsa dude.

a1na2
12-02-2007, 03:47 PM
OMG another Fire Herm thread again. Didn't all this get figured out last week? and the week before?

It did but 'the Hermit' lost his pink slip and showed up again today.

chiefsfan1963
12-02-2007, 03:49 PM
DV is hands down better! ;)

Freakin Idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pablo
12-02-2007, 03:52 PM
I would like to take a moment and reiterate the following:

"In no way do any comments made by GonzoRox88 represent the views of Gonzo. Nor does any dumbassery or douchebaggery that spews from GonzoRox88's keyboard represent the opinions of Gonzo."

Let it be known.Sure. You're obviously way more intelligent than I am and a more prolific poster. I suppose it's easier to hop on the Fire Herm bandwagon, than to accept the fact that our offense is full of garbage, especially the line, and no amount of coaching can overcome the horror that is Damon Huard. If you made Bill Belichick work with this kind of talent and he's maybe got a .500 team.

Herm is no coaching mastermind, but anyone who puts the demise of this organization this year squarely on his shoulders is a blind idiot.

No amount of coaching can overcome this lack of talent/injuries.

Herm is not a good coach, but firing him only sets the next guy up with garbage to work with. At least let him get young guys worked into the system and draft another year. If nothing else he sets the next sacrificial lamb up with a decent group of young guys to play.

Halfcan
12-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Sure. You're obviously way more intelligent than I am and a more prolific poster. I suppose it's easier to hop on the Fire Herm bandwagon, than to accept the fact that our offense is full of garbage, especially the line, and no amount of coaching can overcome the horror that is Damon Huard. If you made Bill Belichick work with this kind of talent and he's maybe got a .500 team.

Herm is no coaching mastermind, but anyone who puts the demise of this organization this year squarely on his shoulders is a blind idiot.

No amount of coaching can overcome this lack of talent/injuries.

Herm is not a good coach, but firing him only sets the next guy up with garbage to work with. At least let him get young guys worked into the system and draft another year. If nothing else he sets the next sacrificial lamb up with a decent group of young guys to play.

Herm has done Nothing to show he deserves another year. Between his game day descisions and the Post game ramblings of a Madman-Herm's time has come.

Pablo
12-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Herm has done Nothing to show he deserves another year. Between his game day descisions and the Post game ramblings of a Madman-Herm's time has come.DV did nothing his first two years. Nothing. Not a thing.

But DV won a superbowl!!! Big Deal. He didn't do it with this organization so it doesn't matter. I'm not about to dive into another thread where I try to explain why Herm deserves three years again because I've done it before. I'm no Herm enthusiast, I'm just a realist. If he totally blows it again next year, get him out of here, but we have a ton of needs to fill in the off-season, and if Herm can have another good draft, and brings in a couple decent FA's, we can have a winning team next year.

chiefsfan1963
12-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Didn't any one have a clue what the future held for us with Herm as our HC after last year's performance in the playoffs?

Halfcan
12-02-2007, 04:06 PM
DV did nothing his first two years. Nothing. Not a thing.

But DV won a superbowl!!! Big Deal. He didn't do it with this organization so it doesn't matter. I'm not about to dive into another thread where I try to explain why Herm deserves three years again because I've done it before. I'm no Herm enthusiast, I'm just a realist. If he totally blows it again next year, get him out of here, but we have a ton of needs to fill in the off-season, and if Herm can have another good draft, and brings in a couple decent FA's, we can have a winning team next year.

So we pass on a Jason Garret-just to give Herm another year of bungling games??

BigRock
12-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Where did I say that happened? Vermeil did a great job when he got here of adding some pieces to the team by trading away first-day draft picks for guys with 5 years left in their careers. We got a great offense out of it. Of course, that, bad drafting, and bad FA signings too numerous to mention have left us in the giant hole we see on a weekly basis.

But we sure did score some points.

Halfcan
12-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Didn't any one have a clue what the future held for us with Herm as our HC after last year's performance in the playoffs?

After having a average year, backing into the playoffs, and then getting creamed by the Colts.....

I think we knew what was coming.

a1na2
12-02-2007, 04:10 PM
After having a average year, backing into the playoffs, and then getting creamed by the Colts.....

I think we knew what was coming.

I had reservations from day one.

Now I guess we have to start a pool to see who wins for the date he is fired. (I hope I win - I picked today.)

Halfcan
12-02-2007, 04:15 PM
We could start a Grass Roots campaign-Hate Letters and threatening Emails. Maybe fire bomb Herms car??

Pablo
12-02-2007, 04:22 PM
So we pass on a Jason Garret-just to give Herm another year of bungling games??Jerry Jones hasn't started smoking crack yet. If some great prospect is on the market, consider it. If Cowher wants to come out of retirement to coach, do it. :rolleyes:

Garrett is gonna have a long, prosperous career with Dallas, Phillips is an old man.

FAX
12-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Lenny just said that, if you're a player on this football team, you should be embarrassed.

FAX

FAX
12-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Lenny just said that Downfield doesn't have feeling in a couple of his fingers.

FAX

FAX
12-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Lenny just said that Herm may not be able to keep from losing the team.

FAX

FAX
12-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Lenny just said he'd never seen a fourth quarter exodus from the stadium like today.

FAX

FringeNC
12-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Jerry Jones hasn't started smoking crack yet. If some great prospect is on the market, consider it. If Cowher wants to come out of retirement to coach, do it. :rolleyes:

Garrett is gonna have a long, prosperous career with Dallas, Phillips is an old man.

Happens all the time. The young up and comer doesn't want to wait around until the old guy retires -- which is always uncertain.

I'd put money with even odds on Garrett accepting a head coaching job next year.

a1na2
12-02-2007, 04:35 PM
We could start a Grass Roots campaign-Hate Letters and threatening Emails. Maybe fire bomb Herms car??

Naw, we'd all have to watch from jail next year. New HC and we need to be there.

Letters and calls to the KC Star might get noticed.

Count Alex's Losses
12-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Heh. I actually have the e-mail address of a certain high-ranking member of the Chiefs' brass. Not going to give it to anyone, but I do have it. :evil:

Rain Man
12-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Wait a minute. Time out here. My "Fire Herm and Carl" thread predates this one by several weeks. Why is this the official thread? Who's in charge of making that designation?

FAX
12-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Gretz just said that the Chiefs were dominated today on the line. On both sides of the ball. He said the Chiefs got their "asses kicked" on the line.

FAX

FAX
12-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Gretz just said that all the young guys are learning now is how not to win.

FAX

Coach
12-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Gretz just said that the Chiefs were dominated today on the line. On both sides of the ball. He said the Chiefs got their "asses kicked" on the line.

FAX

Gee, that's obvious. I just wish Gretz would also say that the Chiefs got outcoached as usual.

FAX
12-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Nap Harris just said that "as a professional football player, our job is to play football".

FAX

RedThat
12-02-2007, 04:55 PM
DV did nothing his first two years. Nothing. Not a thing.

Honestly though, as a fan, I could toerate and accept what Vermeil was trying to do. His first 2 seasons here: he had a 6-10 record, then to 8-8, and then 13-3. His brand of football was exciting just unfortunate he had a bad defense? That's what seperated us from the best of them, or else this team woulda probably been in a SB?

What we're witnessing now and no offense to Herm is boring football, and seeing a downslide. First year, 9-7, now second year heading to 4-8 and counting. That is something most fans won't tolerate.

And that is a BIG BIG difference. Losing credibility with your fans.

Thig Lyfe
12-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Nap Harris just said that "as a professional football player, our job is to play football".

FAX

That's awesome.

Halfcan
12-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Wait a minute. Time out here. My "Fire Herm and Carl" thread predates this one by several weeks. Why is this the official thread? Who's in charge of making that designation?

Once the ***** goes on the title of the thread-it is ***OFFICIAL****

FAX
12-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Kolby just said that he doesn't have as much experience as LJ or Priest and when you don't have experience, you have to make up for it with effort.

FAX

Halfcan
12-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Kolby just said that he doesn't have as much experience as LJ or Priest and when you don't have experience, you have to make up for it with effort.

FAX

ROFL

I don't think anyone wants LJ and his 2 yard fall down runs around here anymore.

Pablo
12-02-2007, 05:27 PM

FAXThe key is maintaining that effort long after you've acquired an adequate amount of experience. That's why runners like LT fight for every yard..plenty of experience, but just as much effort.

Maybe Kolby playing this way will inspire LJ to put forth a little more effort next season.

ROYC75
12-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Herm is tearing it all down to start over, I know it,I just know that this is his approach. It's all by design folks, ask him, he will tell ya...........:rolleyes:

Dylan
12-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Jerry Jones hasn't started smoking crack yet. If some great prospect is on the market, consider it. If Cowher wants to come out of retirement to coach, do it. :rolleyes:

Unfortunetely, Tom Coughlin may be available. He was given one year extension to make Eli Manning better and his career hinges on it.

The owners believe in Manning, but concerned about how he takes a step backward in the second half of the season.

Coughlin is too good of a head coach to be on the hot seat. He is an excellent game-day preparation coach. But right now, the Giants are playing Chicago and - Eleanor just threw another pick.

Damn

Pablo
12-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Coughlin?

No thanks.

I'd rather take my chances with Herm again next year, and wait until the end of the '08 season and hope for better coaches.

Isn't Gruden available after this season?

Dylan
12-02-2007, 05:42 PM
I don't think you want Gruden.

And I don't want to see Coughlin fired

I can't tell you about Eli. He's in this third year and still confused reading the defense. Then I think of Romo, he was on the bench for six years.

Eli folds like his brother under pressure. Is he worth $60 MM. 6 INT in the last two games. He's so inconsistent --

Halfcan
12-02-2007, 05:48 PM
I say we sign Mike Ditka. Bring him out of retirement. Ricky Williams is available too-so we could re live history.

Dylan
12-02-2007, 05:56 PM
I would sign Ditka too.

Tits McGee
12-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Unfortunetely, Tom Coughlin may be available. He was given one year extension to make Eli Manning better and his career hinges on it.

The owners believe in Manning, but concerned about how he takes a step backward in the second half of the season.

Coughlin is too good of a head coach to be on the hot seat. He is an excellent game-day preparation coach. But right now, the Giants are playing Chicago and - Eleanor just threw another pick.

Damn

Coughlin is the worst coach in the NFL! He and Norv and Herm all suck for different reasons.

Halfcan
12-02-2007, 06:08 PM
I would sign Ditka too.

He was a helluva coach, but doing a commercial with Elgay-disqulifies him forever.

Bad karma!

Bowser
12-02-2007, 06:10 PM
In.

Tits McGee
12-02-2007, 06:11 PM
When Herm was hired, I had guarded optimism and after "Hard Knocks" it confirmed my worst fears. The guy is over his head in the NFL.

Halfcan
12-02-2007, 06:18 PM
When Herm was hired, I had guarded optimism and after "Hard Knocks" it confirmed my worst fears. The guy is over his head in the NFL.

Herm always has that "Deer in the Headlights look,"
he looks completely lost out there.

EM31
12-02-2007, 06:19 PM
I am surprised Bill Parcells has not made an appearance in this thread.

How much talent Herm inherited with the Jets is still a debate but even amongst his most ardent supporters, it is acknowledged that Herm left the team with a lot less talent than when he arrived. For some people, that was never Herm's fault somehow.

His personnel decisions were horrible for the Jets. The worst was the systematic way he ignored the offensive line year after year despite people crying out for some kind of O-Line help. That one got a few quarterbacks on the quick trip to the hospital. Is he any better in this regard? By the way.... Psst... That one isn't his fault either ;) The laundry list of over the hill secondary talent we got on the free agent market wasn't much better personnel-wise. Hey if you are a vet and you could once play the Tampa-two then Herm is your guy. Then there was the list of YOUNG and talented (we found out later) players who sat on the bench while some aging veterans were permitted to stink up the joint.

Herm is a vet-friendly coach.

I never understood how anyone thought that Herm has an eye for talent or is somehow the developer of young talent. How does that work exactly when all the evidnce from his first head coaching job pointed to the exact opposite? See Jericho Cotchery for a prime example of an all too common pattern with Herm. Apparenlty he had been lighting it up in practice ever since he was with the Jets but did not even get a sniff in a game under Herm. Nope... Herm left the Jets worse than he found us... But somehow he has a good eye for talent.

Here's hoping you get a 4th in compensation for Herm when he finally does leave.

Halfcan
12-02-2007, 06:28 PM
I am surprised Bill Parcells has not made an appearance in this thread.

How much talent Herm inherited with the Jets is still a debate but even amongst his most ardent supporters, it is acknowledged that Herm left the team with a lot less talent than when he arrived. For some people, that was never Herm's fault somehow.

His personnel decisions were horrible for the Jets. The worst was the systematic way he ignored the offensive line year after year despite people crying out for some kind of O-Line help. That one got a few quarterbacks on the quick trip to the hospital. Is he any better in this regard? By the way.... Psst... That one isn't his fault either ;) The laundry list of over the hill secondary talent we got on the free agent market wasn't much better personnel-wise. Hey if you are a vet and you could once play the Tampa-two then Herm is your guy. Then there was the list of YOUNG and talented (we found out later) players who sat on the bench while some aging veterans were permitted to stink up the joint.

Herm is a vet-friendly coach.

I never understood how anyone thought that Herm has an eye for talent or is somehow the developer of young talent. How does that work exactly when all the evidnce from his first head coaching job pointed to the exact opposite? See Jericho Cotchery for a prime example of an all too common pattern with Herm. Apparenlty he had been lighting it up in practice ever since he was with the Jets but did not even get a sniff in a game under Herm. Nope... Herm left the Jets worse than he found us... But somehow he has a good eye for talent.

Here's hoping you get a 4th in compensation for Herm when he finally does leave.

Excellent Post! ;)

blueballs
12-02-2007, 06:34 PM
If Herm is fired
what worthless HC will Carl give up a pick for next
CARL MUST GO FIRST

Halfcan
12-02-2007, 06:36 PM
It has been 30 years since we lost to the entire division at home.

Pathetic.

Halfcan
12-02-2007, 06:38 PM
If Herm is fired
what worthless HC will Carl give up a pick for next
CARL MUST GO FIRST

They can take the Entire coaching staff with them too.

blueballs
12-02-2007, 06:40 PM
They can take the Entire coaching staff with them too.

Carl will give up a third for Belick

Halfcan
12-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Add Losing 6 in a row and getting swept by the Cheatin Donks to your resume-Herm!

Halfcan
12-16-2007, 02:56 PM
7 Losses in a row- 5 straight losses at Home. ZERO points in the 4th quarter in 6 straight games.

Herm has killed the Arrowhead home field advantage.

This is the worst season in decades-and he tells the fans to "GET OVER IT!!"

How is this ****head keeping his job????

FIRE HERM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halfcan
12-16-2007, 03:00 PM
2-6 at HOME?? That is PATHETIC!!!

DIE HERM DIE!!!

Coach
12-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Or how about this? Making Drummond inactive for 3 weeks, and yet, he fumbled the ball on one time, and slipped a lost yardage on another, yet still SENDS him back on the field?

F**k off Herm.

Halfcan
12-16-2007, 03:30 PM
HERMY- is the CHiefs ALLTIME Worst coach!!!

Chan93lx50
12-16-2007, 03:32 PM
F*ck me I hope this ass face gets fired!

KC Tattoo
12-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Every time they show Herm on the sideline, he has his arms crossed and just has a dumbfound look on his face. Ya never see him over "coaching" up the players.

Call up Donald Trump for one day "Herm, YOUR FIRED!"

Halfcan
12-16-2007, 03:40 PM
Name ONE coach that Herm has out coached in stategy in his horrible tenure with the Cheaps??

But he has a PLAN!!!

Spott
12-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Herm is only 2 losses away from owning the all time consecutive loss record in KC history. We lost 9 in a row in 87, although 3 of those games were with scab players during the players strike.

Chan93lx50
12-16-2007, 04:40 PM
What are our chances that this monkey gets canned?

Halfcan
12-16-2007, 04:43 PM
What are our chances that this monkey gets canned?

Carl has said repeatedly that Both their jobs are safe.

Too bad we don't have an owner for this team.

Dave Lane
12-16-2007, 05:30 PM
God that the most depressing thing I've ever heard

shyguyms
12-16-2007, 06:24 PM
i hate this piece of sh*t Herm and Carl has overstayed his welcome, im bout to change teams after all these years, i loved Mr. Lamar Hunt but Clark has to take a stand and end this shit or all of the fans will be gone.
What i think needs to be done is everyone that goes to the home games just wear the other teams colors on opening day next year, and Boo Herm as loud and as much as possible

TEX
12-16-2007, 06:34 PM
Herm is only 2 losses away from owning the all time consecutive loss record in KC history. We lost 9 in a row in 87, although 3 of those games were with scab players during the players strike.

But...but...but...he made the playoffs 4 out of his first 6 seasons as a HC. :rolleyes:

supercoupe91
12-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Rot in hell Herman. You baby carrot.

Chan93lx50
12-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Carl has said repeatedly that Both their jobs are safe.

Too bad we don't have an owner for this team.

Well that just ruined my day!

stonedstooge
12-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Herm stated when he came here that defense was the most important aspect of the game. You can't tell me there is no talent on the defensive side of the ball. They even played very respectable for the first several weeks of the season. What happened to that. It was Herm's defense that was built and if fell apart before the season was half over. Another thing I never hear any of the players sticking up for the coaching staff. In fact Tony G. got after them. If this is the way Herm rebuilds a team, do you really want to give him another year to try and fix it? There is talent on this team. We just don't have the coaching staff with the knowledge on how to use it and develop it. And Herm's strength is defense? My God what will the offense look like if we give him another year. In two years he turned them from a scoring machine into a bunch of misfits who don't look like they could score against the local Pop Warner teams. And what makes me the most angry is he stands on the sidelines and acts like he could care less. I've even seen him laugh at some of his players after certain plays they mess up or look ignorant during. Herm is no coach. If you listen to him give one of his talks during the pre-game shows he appears to be someone who can spew a line of BS and not actually get anything done. We've all worked with these types before. Do you like working with them?

Simplex3
12-16-2007, 09:24 PM
Herm stated when he came here that defense was the most important aspect of the game.
...and if this was 10 years ago he'd be right. Now it's points, points, and more points.

ChiefsCountry
12-16-2007, 09:29 PM
...and if this was 10 years ago he'd be right. Now it's points, points, and more points.

Got to keep the other team from outscoring you.

a1na2
12-16-2007, 09:44 PM

That's Arena Football, I know that for a fact. Hermit said so!

a1na2
12-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Got to keep the other team from outscoring you.

Considering that has failed 10 times so far this season I'd say that his vision is corrupt. As someone said, it's a vision from the past. Modern day NFL is that you score enough points that the opposing team cannot come back on you.

whoman69
12-16-2007, 10:32 PM
With the rules set up as they are now, having a bad offense is inexcusable. The rules are set up for the offenses and the referees are only too happy to oblige with the most minor of ticky tack fouls on defenses.

Championship clubs now need a defense that is just good enough along with an offense that can outscore the other team. I know that Herm hasn't realized that yet.

EM31
12-16-2007, 11:16 PM
Sorry but five years is the absolute minimum that teams have to keep Herm under contract.

Unless you can find a way to have someone else lure him away and get yourself a draft pick in compensation for the tampering.

Only three more years bofore the parole hearing.

EM31
12-17-2007, 07:33 AM
One interesting side note is that when the posse is finally looking to have Herm cornered, don't be surprised if Herm plays the race card. The commissioner is different than the one who originally twisted the arm of a new owner, Woody Johnson to hire an obviously unqualified Black Head Coach, but... I think there is probably still a league imperative to increase the number of Black coaches (heheh I just fixed a typo. The earlier version had "lack" coaches... Perhaps it was not such a mistake at all). Look how long Denny Green lasted in Minnasota by the way and then in Arizona

Don't be surprised if you hear questions raised like.... "Would a white coach who has gone to the playoffs four out of six seasons be in jeopardy of losing his job?".... Herm wont raise the question himself, it will get planted the same way Hillary Clinton does at campaign whistle stops... "I can't worry about that kind of stuff..." says Herm... "It's your job to worry about that kind of stuff. I have a football team to worry about. I don't know the last white coach who went to the playoff four years out of six and then got fired. You tell me".... Herm is a master at this stuff and remember, much of the press is on his side. Herm makes the whole media circus bigger so is it any surprise that members of the media want to keep that gravey train going.

I can see it now... Racist elements in Kansas City try to "lynch" popular black head coach...

Getting rid of Herm may be harder than flickin' snot off a finger nail.

stonedstooge
12-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Why are all the local sportscasters supporting Herm. They play it like he's blameless for what has happened this season. It's all Vermeil's fault. If it were Vermeil's fault, perhaps we would have had an offense that scored more than 10 points a game. And that defense that Herm has built in two years is awesome. He's got the talent, but no coaching skills on how to use them properly. I think they have performed well in spite of his Einsteinian coaching. I wouldn't doubt that the race card will be played soon too so the pressure can be taken off Herm. Herm your race has nothing to do with you being ignorant. That Forrest Gump imitation is not an act Herm its real. And Herm, keep telling the fans to "Get over it" that will win you lots of friends.

Dave Lane
12-17-2007, 10:24 AM
Sorry but five years is the absolute minimum that teams have to keep Herm under contract.

Unless you can find a way to have someone else lure him away and get yourself a draft pick in compensation for the tampering.

Only three more years bofore the parole hearing.

I'd freak out and go ballistic if this were true!

Dave

Dave Lane
12-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Why are all the local sportscasters supporting Herm. They play it like he's blameless for what has happened this season. It's all Vermeil's fault. If it were Vermeil's fault, perhaps we would have had an offense that scored more than 10 points a game. And that defense that Herm has built in two years is awesome. He's got the talent, but no coaching skills on how to use them properly. I think they have performed well in spite of his Einsteinian coaching. I wouldn't doubt that the race card will be played soon too so the pressure can be taken off Herm. Herm your race has nothing to do with you being ignorant. That Forrest Gump imitation is not an act Herm its real. And Herm, keep telling the fans to "Get over it" that will win you lots of friends.

Rep for noticing the obvious, this team is loaded with talent, what it isn't loaded with is coaching.

Dave

HemiEd
12-17-2007, 10:32 AM
Why are all the local sportscasters supporting Herm.
Because he goes out of his way to make their job easier, he always gives them interviews and crazy shit to quote.

EM31
12-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Because he goes out of his way to make their job easier, he always gives them interviews and crazy shit to quote.
Precisely so! If you are a beat reporter or a local TV station interviewer, you are always just a heartbeat away from a Herm quote that is going to get you significant national exposure. "It's Okayeeee..." or "You play to win the game...."

Not only does Herm make it easier to be lazy if that is what is on your mind, it certainly true that Herm is swimming against the trend where coaches are battoning down the hatches on any kinds of quotes to the media.

Of course the media loves Herm. It stands to reason therefore that they are going to be less likely to call him on his crap. Killing the goose that lays the golden quote or some such...

Fish
12-17-2007, 10:43 AM
Rep for noticing the obvious, this team is loaded with talent, what it isn't loaded with is coaching.

Dave

This team is loaded with talent..... ROFL

Loaded with talent?? ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Ohh you were serious?? ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Sure-Oz
12-17-2007, 10:45 AM
This team is loaded with talent..... ROFL

Loaded with talent?? ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Ohh you were serious?? ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
That's what i was thinking, the only talented positions we have are RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, the defense has many holes as well. We need MORE talent if anything here esp on the DLINE and OLINE.

Dave Lane
12-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Seriously what did the Offense have for stars with Saunders here?

WR: Kennison, Parker ??

Now

WR Kennison, Bowe, Parker

TE: Gonzales, Wilson

QB: Green, Huard

QB: Croyle, Huard

OL: Roaf, Waters, Shields

OL: Waters

RB: LJ

RB: LJ, Smith

There isn't THAT much difference. I mean not enough to drop from 2nd to 31st! It is the coaching!

Defense is definitely better than 2 years ago. So whats the difference in a 10-6 team and a 4-10 team?

Dave

Sure-Oz
12-17-2007, 10:57 AM

Now

There isn't THAT much difference. I mean not enough to drop from 2nd to 31st! It is the coaching!

Defense is definitely better than 2 years ago. So whats the difference in a 10-6 team and a 4-10 team?

Dave

How about, execution, play calling, injuries and to mention a vastly inferior offensive line. Saunders era had the best line in football for it, currently not even close. Green had 5 seconds it seemed everytime to throw the ball, croyle gets 2 seconds if he is lucky. Our top WR is old as dirt now and we have a rookie carrying the load, there isnt any talent after that in the WR corp.

Fish
12-17-2007, 11:02 AM

Now

Dave

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Yeah.... there's only about a 22 pro-bowls worth of difference in talent there.... that's practically the same..... ROFL ROFL