PDA

View Full Version : Intelligent, non-emotional discussion please on this thread about this question:

Frankie
12-02-2007, 03:57 PM
This is about Herm. That's why I ask you only to participate if you can keep your emotion at bay.

Arguably the Chiefs have had two years of very good drafting. This has coinsided with Herm being here. Lost, though, is the fact that it also has been the time that Kuharich has been with the Chiefs. With all the talk about CP's possible relinquishing of the GM position would you think that the Chiefs would benefit from promoting Herm to GM and hiring a new HC (perhaps Dallas's OC)? In other words, who has had the important positive effect on our drafts, Herm or Kuharich?

Again, please let cooler heads prevail in this thread.

Rain Man
12-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Kill the ******* Son of a *****. Cut off his ***** and feed it jackals. Give him to the terrorists. *** ****** ******* piece of ****.

Sorry. That's the best I can do right now.

petegz28
12-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Herm has to quit being scared. But Carl is the reason this team is in the shapeit is in.

Frankie
12-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Kill the ******* Son of a *****. Cut off his ***** and feed it jackals. Give him to the terrorists. *** ****** ******* piece of ****.

Sorry. That's the best I can do right now.
Mr. Rain Man. Your opinion is always welcome. So wait until you cool off and then do participate.

OnTheWarpath58
12-02-2007, 04:03 PM
I don't know how anyone can answer that question, unless they are actually in the room on draft day, and in the meetings leading up to the draft.

Coach
It just hit me. We've lost all 3 of our AFC West home games.

How does that tell you about our head-coach?

Count Zarth
I think Herm would be a great GM. I don't think it will ever happen, though. I think he loves his job and has an inflated opinion of himself. He needs to be taken down a notch like Gunther was. Since the late 90's Herm has been fed the line that he was going to be a head coach and the Jets and Carl have done nothing to convince him otherwise.

KcMizzou
12-02-2007, 04:04 PM

Sorry. That's the best I can do right now.Best Rainman post ever.

Rain Man
12-02-2007, 04:05 PM
(Deep breath.)

I think Herman Edwards is a good talent evaluator. He's make a great scout. I don't know if he's got the business acumen to be a GM, but at this point we just need a new rear end in that chair. Winning the USFL Championship in 1983 or whatever just doesn't cut it any more.

I'd argue to have Herm lead scouting if possible, move Solari back to the o-line, and bring in Al Saunders as head coach or offensive coordinator.

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 04:06 PM
sell the farm and give Cowher anything he wants

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Pollard looks like a career ST player. Page seems like he could be an adequate safety. Bowe is really good, Hali has been a disappointment.

We know nothing of the ability of either Tank or Turk.

That seems like pretty average draft success to me.

Bowser
12-02-2007, 04:07 PM
(Deep breath.)

I think Herman Edwards is a good talent evaluator. He's make a great scout. I don't know if he's got the business acumen to be a GM, but at this point we just need a new rear end in that chair. Winning the USFL Championship in 1983 or whatever just doesn't cut it any more.

I'd argue to have Herm lead scouting if possible, move Solari back to the o-line, and bring in Al Saunders as head coach or offensive coordinator.

This is what SHOULD HAVE been done to begin with. There is no way Solari would accept a demotion, and there is NO way Saunders comes back to this team as anything less than a head coach, and he probably won't come back as long as Carl is still GM.

petegz28
12-02-2007, 04:08 PM

Cowher will out LJ in his place or trade him. And I think would be a very TG firendly coach.

That being said I don't see it happening.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Can't we just execute Carl and send his goatly, horned father a bill for the bullet?

OnTheWarpath58
12-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Pollard looks like a career ST player. Page seems like he could be an adequate safety. Bowe is really good, Hali has been a disappointment.

We know nothing of the ability of either Tank or Turk.

That seems like pretty average draft success to me.

Which is still eleventy-billion times better than the previous regimes.

Frankie
12-02-2007, 04:09 PM
I don't know how anyone can answer that question, unless they are actually in the room on draft day, and in the meetings leading up to the draft.
I know. But we have fairly informed posters here who might know something about a whisper or two that might shed some light on the question. Who is more important to our draft, Herm or Kuharic? If it's Herm I would hate to have him go outright.

pr_capone
12-02-2007, 04:12 PM
I am willing to give Herm one more year IF Peterson, Solari, & Curl are gone.

If Herm cannot cut it next year, I would be willing to have him move into the GM or Asst GM spot and like kcpasco said..... do anything we have to in order to get Cowher, or the Dallas OC in here.

Bowser
12-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Wasn't Kuharich the GM for the Saints when they gave up their entire draft for Ricky Williams?

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Cowher will out LJ in his place or trade him. And I think would be a very TG firendly coach.

That being said I don't see it happening.

Good

LJ needs a good drop kick in the nuts

Frankie
12-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Actually at this point I'm more intrigued about the Dallas OC. But IMO the best scenario for the Chiefs is that CP is actually a dictator and with him gone Herm becomes a little less conservative offensively. I wasn't a great fan of hiring Herm, but I have been impressed with the defensive turn around and our drafts since he's been here. So I'm not as ready as a lot of you to discard him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Which is still eleventy-billion times better than the previous regimes.

>bad does not = good.

Frankie
12-02-2007, 04:19 PM
I am willing to give Herm one more year IF Peterson, Solari, & Curl are gone.

If Herm cannot cut it next year, I would be willing to have him move into the GM or Asst GM spot and like kcpasco said..... do anything we have to in order to get Cowher, or the Dallas OC in here.
I bet both will be HCs next year. So the Chiefs have to move fast and agressive if they want either. But I do think Herm deserves one more year. So I'm pretty conflicted on this subject.

OnTheWarpath58
12-02-2007, 04:23 PM
>bad does not = good.

I agree, but if you have the choice between a B- or C grade every year, and a F grade 4/5 years, with a C mixed in on the 5th year, which would you take?

Bottom line is we're getting better players than we have in the past.

dirk digler
12-02-2007, 04:24 PM
This is about Herm. That's why I ask you only to participate if you can keep your emotion at bay.

Arguably the Chiefs have had two years of very good drafting. This has coinsided with Herm being here. Lost, though, is the fact that it also has been the time that Kaharic (sp? Please provide the correct spelling so I can edit this) has been with the Chiefs. With all the talk about CP's possible relinquishing of the GM position would you think that the Chiefs would benefit from promoting Herm to GM and hiring a new HC (perhaps Dallas's OC)? In other words, who has had the important positive effect on our drafts, Herm or Kuharic?

Again, please let cooler heads prevail in this thread.

To answer your question Frankie it would be best to flush the whole front office and coaching staff down the toilet

FAX
12-02-2007, 04:25 PM
I think Herm would be a great GM. I don't think it will ever happen, though. I think he loves his job and has an inflated opinion of himself. He needs to be taken down a notch like Gunther was. Since the late 90's Herm has been fed the line that he was going to be a head coach and the Jets and Carl have done nothing to convince him otherwise.

Wise words, Mr. GoChiefs.

FAX

FAX
12-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Doubts are creeping into my mind about the "Herm's great at evaluating talent" mantra, Mr. Frankie. He seems to have done better than many of our previous coaches have in the draft ... but when you think about it, that's not saying much ... not much at all. Then, when you add in the decisions to start Drummond, Terry, Turley, Welbourne, and Downfield, you have to say that his successes in that area have been nullified by his grevious errors.

No matter what hs says publicly, Carl appears to care more about generating profits for the Hunts than he does about winning a Super Bowl - but the Chiefs have never been in real cap trouble. Given his background and history, Herm would care more about winning, probably, but I wouldn't want him balancing my checkbook - let alone an NFL franchise's cap.

If I were Clark Hunt, I'd find a football man for GM, hire a young coach who can grow with the franchise, and start over. What's to lose at this point? It doesn't really get any worse than this.

FAX

blueballs
12-02-2007, 06:01 PM
It took Cowher forever and a day to get to the SB
don't go near that overpriced piece of conservative SOB

Otter
12-02-2007, 06:12 PM
How does Herm drafting well make him GM material?

If I'm not mistaken there's a small division in every NFL team called the scouting department that takes care of evaluating talent at the sub NFL level.

Let me get this straight, this is what you're saying:

"He can draft well, so maybe he should be the general manager". Is that correct?

Frankie
12-02-2007, 09:37 PM
We have 2 drafts of "Herm" players. If we get a new coach, they might want a new system (thus drafting their type of players) and we will be starting from scratch again.
We will have a ton of cap room to make some FA moves in 2008, and draft picks. If we are not succesful fire him after 2008 season.
Words of wisdom.

Cochise
12-02-2007, 10:02 PM
For all Herm's mistakes, you can't say "Herm is the reason we suck". He turned the defense around, brought in some talent, etc.

He just inherited an offense with nothing. You can't fix everything at once.

BigRock
12-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Kuharich has been with KC for 6-7 years, it's just the last two that he's taken over Lynn Styles' job. How much influence he had with the draft before getting to that spot, I have no idea.

So was he completely out of the loop the previous 4-5 years he was here, or does he just not make that much difference?

Either way, I think Herm is pretty hands-on. Not necessarily doing a lot of the scouting and such himself, but from what people have said during the last two drafts, the coaching staff and the personnel department seem to be gelling together much better. Everyone seems to know exactly what kind of players they're looking for, and that surely comes from Herm.

Frankie
12-02-2007, 10:11 PM
For all Herm's mistakes, you can't say "Herm is the reason we suck". He turned the defense around, brought in some talent, etc.

He just inherited an offense with nothing. You can't fix everything at once.
I agree.

DaneMcCloud
12-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Doubts are creeping into my mind about the "Herm's great at evaluating talent" mantra, Mr. Frankie. He seems to have done better than many of our previous coaches have in the draft ... but when you think about it, that's not saying much ... not much at all. Then, when you add in the decisions to start Drummond, Terry, Turley, Welbourne, and Downfield, you have to say that his successes in that area have been nullified by his grevious errors.FAX

Mr. Fax,

The Chiefs didn't go out and spend serious cap room on Drummond Terry, Turley, et al. They were "stop gap" players that are all playing on NFL minimum contracts. I don't recall any better offensive lineman available through free agency and with all the positions that needed to be addressed due to complete draft failure during the Vermeil "era", these moves were necessary.

D-Mac OTOH was a bad signing and I'm still perplexed over this decision. He was nothing more than a "body" with the Chargers and Dolphins.

But I don't think that any of those free-agency moves blemished his draft record.

The free-agency moves reek of Carl Peterson and company.

Cochise
12-02-2007, 10:12 PM
I think Herm ought to get this offseason and next year. Just like players should be able to show they can evolve and improve, he should too. He needs to show that he can improve this offense and make this team a balanced one.

If we find a solution at quarterback, and fill some holes on the offensive line, we could be middle of the road. Going from bad to middle of the road isn't that hard. Going from mediocre to good is what's hard.

So I think that for him to meet expectations, the defense needs to go from OK to good next year, and the offense from bad to OK. And he needs to improve at putting his team in a position to win football games.

I blame him for individual mistakes like the timeout debacle last week, but in terms of blaming him for the whole team's record... there's only so much he can do here. You can't make cherry pie with poo.

You can't change head coaches like underwear. It's a huge change and sets a team back most of the time. If we fired him now, we'd get another guy who'd want to do things another way and set back the process.

Count Zarth
12-02-2007, 10:17 PM
I don't recall any better offensive lineman available through free agency

We should have gone after Derrick Dockery and Leonard Davis. I think Dockery would have been an excellent right guard. Davis could have played left tackle. I think McIntosh has been much better than I-65 - when he left the game yesterday the blindside pass protection bottomed out.

The Chiefs tried to bargain-basement their way to improving the OL this offseason by signing McIntosh on the cheap and hoping Welbourn and Terry/Turley would pan out. It blew up in their faces.

This offseason they better shell out some ****ing cash.

Bill S Preston
12-02-2007, 10:19 PM
The Chargers have had success drafting the last few years, and AJ Smith is part of it. However, he has a secret weapon who I think would make an excellent GM. I really hope that nobody takes him from us.

BigRock
12-02-2007, 10:23 PM
D-Mac OTOH was a bad signing and I'm still perplexed over this decision. He was nothing more than a "body" with the Chargers and Dolphins.
McIntosh is hardly Roaf, but Sunday's game should have done a little something for the guy's stock. The Chargers racked up 3-4 sacks the minute he left the game. If that's a glimpse of where we'd have been all year without him, I'd chalk him up as a fine signing.

DaneMcCloud
12-02-2007, 10:24 PM
We should have gone after Derrick Dockery and Leonard Davis. I think Dockery would have been an excellent right guard. Davis could have played left tackle. I think McIntosh has been much better than I-65 - when he left the game yesterday the blindside pass protection bottomed out.

That's conjecture on your part. Leonard Davis was horrible in Arizona as a left tackle and he's currently playing right guard for the Cowboys. That would have been a bad move for the Chiefs, especially given his contract demands.

Signing Dockery to $49 million dollar contract to play left guard when the Chiefs already HAVE a Pro-Bowl left guard in Waters would have been foolish as well.

You DON'T sign players then move them to another position. Sign and draft players to play their best position. PERIOD.

Or better yet, DRAFT WELL.

DaneMcCloud
12-02-2007, 10:26 PM
McIntosh is hardly Roaf, but Sunday's game should have done a little something for the guy's stock. The Chargers racked up 3-4 sacks the minute he left the game. If that's a glimpse of where we'd have been all year without him, I'd chalk him up as a fine signing.

IMO, D-Mac is a back up. Especially at his age.

Svitek, OTOH, shouldn't even be on an NFL roster.

I'm betting that come 2008, he'll be sitting at home.

Count Zarth
12-02-2007, 10:26 PM
That's conjecture on your part. Leonard Davis was horrible in Arizona as a left tackle and he's currently playing right guard for the Cowboys. That would have been a bad move for the Chiefs, especially given his contract demands.

Please. Leonard Davis would be such an enormous upgrade from ANYONE on the right side of our line it's not even funny.

Signing Dockery to $49 million dollar contract to play left guard when the Chiefs already HAVE a Pro-Bowl left guard in Waters would have been foolish as well.

The dude could have played right guard. After all that's what the Chiefs are doing now with Welbourn.

DaneMcCloud
12-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Please. Leonard Davis would be such an enormous upgrade from ANYONE on the right side of our line it's not even funny.

SO? That doesn't it make it a sound decision financially or otherwise. That's like saying "Well, I'm fat but I'm not as fat as all of my friends!!".

The dude could have played right guard. After all that's what the Chiefs are doing now with Welbourn.

So you're advocating that the Chiefs sign a LEFT guard to a $49 million dollar contract (equal to what Buffalo gave him) but move him to RIGHT guard?

Or you serious?

If so, you know LESS about football than I previously thought.

Do you work for Carl Peterson?

Count Zarth
12-02-2007, 10:33 PM
SO? That doesn't it make it a sound decision financially or otherwise. That's like saying "Well, I'm fat but I'm not as fat as all of my friends!!".

Uh, why not? Davis has been a kickass RG for the Cowboys. Their offense just happens to be near the top of the league.

So you're advocating that the Chiefs sign a LEFT guard to a $49 million dollar contract (equal to what Buffalo gave him) but move him to RIGHT guard?

Or you serious?

Yes. Davis played left TACKLE and moved to guard, and it's worked out well. I don't believe moving a guy from LG to RG is such a big deal. Maybe if it happened in a game, but not making the switch in an offseason.

Anyway, we screwed up bigtime trusting Welbourn and Terry to pan out. Biggest reason our offense sucks, IMO.

Cochise
12-02-2007, 10:34 PM
One thing that really pisses me off around here is the idea that we should sign people just to be signing people. Like if there aren't any quality players out there in a given year at position X, we should just sign whoever there is.

10 crappy offensive linemen isn't any better than 5.

It's like, the Chiefs would say "There wasn't much available this offseason" and people would say "Well at least TRY! Throw money at someone!"

That's retarted.

Count Zarth
12-02-2007, 10:36 PM
One thing that really pisses me off around here is the idea that we should sign people just to be signing people. Like if there aren't any quality players out there in a given year at position X, we should just sign whoever there is.

It's like, the Chiefs would say "There wasn't much available this offseason" and people would say "Well at least TRY! Throw money at someone!"

That's retarted.

But there WERE quality linemen to be had. We just decided we could get by on the cheap. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Ask Cowboys fans what they think of Leonard Davis. God, we could run on anyone if we lined Davis up at left tackle next to Waters and Dunn playing TE. That would be a DOMINATING force off the left side.

Cochise
12-02-2007, 10:42 PM
But there WERE quality linemen to be had. We just decided we could get by on the cheap. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Ask Cowboys fans what they think of Leonard Davis. God, we could run on anyone if we lined Davis up at left tackle next to Waters and Dunn playing TE. That would be a DOMINATING force off the left side.

Why does Leonard Davis looking good at guard on a team with talent all around him mean he could play left tackle here on a pretty untalented offense?

Count Zarth
12-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Why does Leonard Davis looking good at guard on a team with talent all around him mean he could play left tackle here on a pretty untalented offense?

I didn't say he could play left tackle. I said he could LINE UP at left tackle - you know, unbalanced line?

I think he could play right tackle. Maybe it would have to be guard, but whatever. We could have used Leonard Davis. We opted for a scab.

Cochise
12-02-2007, 10:49 PM
I didn't say he could play left tackle. I said he could LINE UP at left tackle - you know, unbalanced line?

I think he could play right tackle. Maybe it would have to be guard, but whatever. We could have used Leonard Davis. We opted for a scab.

I think we opted to not throw money at a guy we didn't think was a long-term at the position and decided to fix it when there was a good candidate in the future.

Count Zarth
12-02-2007, 10:50 PM
I think we opted to not throw money at a guy we didn't think was a long-term at the position and decided to fix it when there was a good candidate in the future.

Don't kid yourself. Carl and the Hunts got cheap and decided to pocket that extra 10 million we saved against the cap this year. WOO!

But we threw money at Ty Law's old ass! WOO!

talastan
12-02-2007, 10:51 PM
I personally would be for giving Herm one more year to fill some of the offensive holes, namely the O-line. I think that Carl needs to keep his damn hand out of the draft and scouting and FA decisions unless it involves $$$. Carl is a hell of a businessman but I think he still is the monkey that is hanging on Herm's back and sticking his nose in Herm's business. I again go back to the Hard Knocks episode where he basically states that Huard needs to start, despite the praise on Brodie from Curl, Solari, and Herm. I also hold Herm accountable for not coming out and calling Carl out for not letting him coach the team like he should. If Herm doesn't get a new OC this season though, I don't see any personel decisions this offseason making any kind of difference in the success of this offense.

Cochise
12-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Don't kid yourself. Carl and the Hunts got cheap and decided to pocket that extra 10 million we saved against the cap this year. WOO!

But we threw money at Ty Law's old ass! WOO!

You just caricature your side of the argument when you have to resort to the "Carl pocketed the money".

As if you hated the Ty Law signing when it was made.

SBK
12-03-2007, 02:26 AM
I think Herm is actually building the team the way it should be. He was left with nothing and somehow got us to the playoffs last year--thus we all thought we had something we didn't.

This team sucks, and the o-line is so bad that it doesn't matter what the gameplan is, we aren't going to be able to run or pass. Tough to move the ball when the d-line is in the backfield the whole game.

Herm has made some coaching mistakes, but I think he's far from a bad coach. He's got a horrible team he's trying to build through the draft, which takes time. Hopefully his 10 picks this year go a long way towards improving every area of this team for next year.

Mecca
12-03-2007, 02:48 AM
Ok here's the question.......

How good have the drafts really been..Bowe is good, Hali was good last year not so much this year, so I won't judge that one...

The Pollard pick doesn't look like a good pick right now...Croyle jury is out....McBride and Tyler...jury is out but it doesn't look great at this moment.

a1na2
12-03-2007, 04:15 AM
Intelligent, non-emotional discussion please on this thread about this question:

You are kidding, right? There are no responses that are anything but emotional responses. The blame game continues.

OnTheWarpath58
12-03-2007, 08:37 AM

How good have the drafts really been..Bowe is good, Hali was good last year not so much this year, so I won't judge that one...

The Pollard pick doesn't look like a good pick right now...Croyle jury is out....McBride and Tyler...jury is out but it doesn't look great at this moment.

Hali has been just fine, especially considering he's played injured most of the year.

8 sacks last year, 5 so far this year.

58 tackles last year, 34 so far this year.

He's a tackle per game and a tenth of a sack worse than last year.

This is Pollard's 1st year starting.

We won't know on McBride, Tyler and likely Croyle until at least late next year, at earliest.

The jury may still be out, but the situation isn't nearly as bad as in past drafts.

Chiefnj2
12-03-2007, 08:52 AM
The jury may still be out, but the situation isn't nearly as bad as in past drafts.

It still doesn't make it good.

OnTheWarpath58
12-03-2007, 09:00 AM
It still doesn't make it good.

I never said that it was good. We don't know yet.

But would you rather go to the 1998-2004 way of drafting?

Jared, LJ and John Tait.

3 solid players in SEVEN drafts.

We'll have more than that out of the last 2 drafts......

Chiefnj2
12-03-2007, 09:06 AM
But would you rather go to the 1998-2004 way of drafting?

Jared, LJ and John Tait.

3 solid players in SEVEN drafts.

And DJ and Colquitt and 1st day draft picks for Green and Surtain.

Why has the Peterson/Stiles/Vermeil triumverant become the gold standard by which drafts are judged? It isn't a case of would you rather have Herm or arguably the worst draft trio in modern history.

steelyeyed57
12-03-2007, 10:21 AM
For the people saying give Herm one more year: Do you really think the massive personnel problems will be solved with one off-season and one draft? IMO, it's either with Herm for the long haul or drop him now. Personally, I'm strongly opposed to Herm's football philosophy. However, it has been successful in the past, and probably still can be with the right personnel. I'm really not interested in going through another regime change that will set us even further back. Let him implement his system and his players, and see what he can do. I don't think this can be accomplished by the 2008 season though.

Frankie
12-03-2007, 12:02 PM
For the people saying give Herm one more year: Do you really think the massive personnel problems will be solved with one off-season and one draft? IMO, it's either with Herm for the long haul or drop him now. Personally, I'm strongly opposed to Herm's football philosophy. However, it has been successful in the past, and probably still can be with the right personnel. I'm really not interested in going through another regime change that will set us even further back. Let him implement his system and his players, and see what he can do. I don't think this can be accomplished by the 2008 season though.
Good post. But as for "the massive personnel problems " I don't share your pessimism. I think a team is a chain and as weak as its weakest links. Nowhere in a football team is this more true than in the O-line. I bet you one bad guard can make the tackle next to him terrible as well. We all want massive overhaul of the O-line for example. But we may not HAVE to. We have very good players on this team but a few weak ones that make the whole team look bad. Also the 'O' phylosophy sucks and contributes to the whole ugly pictutre.

Manila-Chief
12-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Good post. But as for "the massive personnel problems " I don't share your pessimism. I think a team is a chain and as weak as its weakest links. Nowhere in a football team is this more true than in the O-line. I bet you one bad guard can make the tackle next to him terrible as well. We all want massive overhaul of the O-line for example. But we may not HAVE to. We have very good players on this team but a few weak ones that make the whole team look bad. Also the 'O' phylosophy sucks and contributes to the whole ugly pictutre.

Well, it may not make "the tackle next to him terrible" ... but it does hinder him from doing his job. You are correct when they are all in synch they help each other. They do play as a unit.

It may be out there but I have not seen anyone mention that Herm's type of OL is different than DV's. Doesn't Herm desire a big bruising OL that can mow DL down and clear the way for RB's to get 4 yards at a clip? I believe DV wanted quick athletic OL? At least our center is under sized if a big mauler is desired. If this is true then it may be more size than talent that is needed??? Thus, we need to either draft or go FA for big guys.

I like DV's offense coz it is in line with the trend in the NFL. When a team gets a couple TD's ahead that puts pressure on the other team and helps your defense (if you have one ... granted DV didn't ... but, I believe it is possible to have both at the same time), plus, you at least have a chance when you need to score at the end of a game.

2bikemike
12-03-2007, 05:16 PM

I think Herm originally wanted to become a GM. (if you believe what you read on ESPN) It was Dungy that convinced Herm he was meant to coach. So I don't know if Herm would completely rule it out. After all he does have an inflated opinion of his capabilities.

And having an inflated opinion of oneself is exactly what the Majority of GM's in the NFL practice.

Frankie
12-04-2007, 10:39 AM

Hali, sophomore jinx or injury?

Wile_E_Coyote
12-04-2007, 12:04 PM
I guess the Chiefs knew they were going to suck. So they have been stock piling draft picks. I wonder if they are looking to trade down? That could be good. Two solid players on a bad team, instead of one really good one

BIG_DADDY
12-04-2007, 12:09 PM
Intelligent, non-emotional discussion please.

LMAO STFU