PDA

View Full Version : **** Official Bowl Selection Thread ****

Pages : [1] 2

Coach
12-02-2007, 05:17 PM
BCS Selection Show on FOX at 7:00 Central Time. This show is 30 mins.

Bowl Selection Special on ESPN at 7:00 Central Time. This show is 3 hours long.

Sugar: Hawaii v. Georgia

Fiesta: West Virginia v. Oklahoma

Orange: Virginia Tech v. Kansas

Rose: USC v. Illinois

BCS National Championship: Ohio St. v. LSU

Cotton: Missouri v. Arkansas

For the rest of the Bowl selection
http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfb/schedule

BWillie
12-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Time to get screwed out of a BCS Bowl, and to watch a team who played the same type of schedule as Kansas, and lost to a worse team as their only loss get to play in the National Title. I can't wait.

BigMeatballDave
12-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Time to get screwed out of a BCS Bowl, and to watch a team who played the same type of schedule as Kansas, and lost to a worse team as their only loss get to play in the National Title. I can't wait.
:deevee:

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 05:21 PM
I still can't really see a scenario in which KU doesn't end up the Fiesta Bowl.

BWillie
12-02-2007, 05:22 PM
:deevee:

How does it make you feel that you need your name to propel you the championship game instead of your play?

What a joke. OSU and KU is virtually the same team as far as results, schedule, wins, and losses go. In fact, I'd actually have to give the edge to Kansas.

Better loss.

Better conference.

Same difficulty of schedule.

Can actually dominate a MAC opponent.

Etc.

Bowser
12-02-2007, 05:22 PM
HAWAII VS. KANSAS FOR TITLE

BigMeatballDave
12-02-2007, 05:23 PM
How does it make you feel that you need your name to propel you the championship game instead of your play?

What a joke. OSU and KU is virtually the same team as far as results, schedule, wins, and losses go. In fact, I'd actually have to give the edge to Kansas.

Better loss.

Better conference.

Etc.LMAO

BWillie
12-02-2007, 05:24 PM
I still can't really see a scenario in which KU doesn't end up the Fiesta Bowl.

I think it will happen. We are the #3 team in the Big 12 according to how everything played out, even though we have one loss and OU and MU have two. We are rated #8 in both polls used in the BCS picture, with both MU and OU ahead of us. I really don't think we are getting a BCS bowl. Three teams from the Big 12 ain't goin

BWillie
12-02-2007, 05:25 PM
HAWAII VS. KANSAS FOR TITLE

Might as well. It really doesn't matter. The title game is mythological. Nobody knows who the best team is from #1 to #11 team in the country. Nobody has any freaking clue. To just guess and pick one is completely asinine.

siberian khatru
I think it will happen. We are the #3 team in the Big 12 according to how everything played out, even though we have one loss and OU and MU have two. We are rated #8 in both polls used in the BCS picture, with both MU and OU. I really don't think we are getting a BCS bowl. Three teams from the Big 12 ain't goin

Three teams can't go. But unless OU gives up the Fiesta for, I guess the Orange, the Fiesta won't put MU in the Fiesta for Round 3. That's the only reason KU gets the Fiesta. MU will go to the non-BCS Cotton.

It's an absolute abomination, if you ask me. And this isn't about KU. It's about how ****ed up the BCS is.

Phobia
Which bowl is the Hawkeyes going to? Is it the Iowa City Bowl?

Bowser
12-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Do the top 6 or top 8 teams go to BCS games?

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 05:26 PM
I think it will happen. We are the #3 team in the Big 12 according to how everything played out, even though we have one loss and OU and MU have two. We are rated #8 in both polls used in the BCS picture, with both MU and OU. I really don't think we are getting a BCS bowl. Three teams from the Big 12 ain't goin
Dude, I read a lot of this stuff last night, and went over practically every scenario that could happen. The polls don't matter. Even our BCS ranking which could be below MU's won't matter. It is very unlikely that MU is going to a BCS bowl, mostly because the Fiesta Bowl reps won't want a repeat of the same matchup 3 times.

Bowser
12-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Which bowl is the Hawkeyes going to? Is it the Iowa City Bowl?

Do they have enough shoes there so the whole team can bowl?

BigMeatballDave
12-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Might as well. It really doesn't matter. The title game is mythological. Nobody knows who the best team is from #1 to #11 team in the country. Nobody has any freaking clue. To just guess and pick one is completely asinine.Could not agree more. The system is ****ed up, no doubt.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2007, 05:32 PM
I love the Beakers bitching in this thread when it's MU, the only team they played and consequently, the team who soundly defeated them, who is going to get f*cked out of the bowl.

DaKCMan AP
how I see it:

MNC: LSU vs OSU

Automatic bids: OU to Fiesta, USC to Rose, VT to Orange

1st pick: Rose for replacement (likely Illinois)
2nd pick: Sugar for replacement (likely Georgia)
3rd pick: Orange for at-large (MU? KU?)
4th pick: Fiesta for at-large (KU if MU doesn't go Orange? ASU?)
5th pick: Sugar for at-large (likely Hawaii)

chiefsfan987
Dude, I read a lot of this stuff last night, and went over practically every scenario that could happen. The polls don't matter. Even our BCS ranking which could be below MU's won't matter. It is very unlikely that MU is going to a BCS bowl, mostly because the Fiesta Bowl reps won't want a repeat of the same matchup 3 times.

I'm not going to be suprised when neither KU nor MU get a BCS game. I'll be shocked if the Fiesta Bowl takes KU over Arizona State considering the game will be played right in their backyard.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 05:33 PM
I love the Beakers bitching in this thread when it's MU, the only team they played and consequently, the team who soundly defeated them, who is going to get f*cked out of the bowl.
I don't see your point at all. Both of these teams deserve to be in one, and only one is going to get in.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm not going to be suprised when neither KU nor MU get a BCS game. I'll be shocked if the Fiesta Bowl takes KU over Arizona State considering the game will be played right in their backyard.
I just heard that Arizona State accepted a bowl bid at the Holiday, so if that's true...well that scenario isn't going to happen.

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 05:34 PM

It all depends whether the Orange Bowl wants MU or not. The Orange Bowl picks before Fiesta, so if they want MU they can get them. Otherwise, you are correct in that the Fiesta will not take MU.

Phobia
12-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Do they have enough shoes there so the whole team can bowl?

I sure hope so. That would be bad.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2007, 05:37 PM
I don't see your point at all. Both of these teams deserve to be in one, and only one is going to get in.

I just find it a little telling that no MU fans are in here lamenting our chances, meanwhile KU fans are bitching up a storm. Don't worry, you will get your chance to celebrate when the Manginos get their bowl.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 05:40 PM
I just find it a little telling that no MU fans are in here lamenting our chances, meanwhile KU fans are bitching up a storm. Don't worry, you will get your chance to celebrate when the Manginos get their bowl.
Are you saying there isn't any point to be made here about how there really isn't much difference between Ohio State and Kansas?

BWillie
12-02-2007, 05:41 PM

My main complaint isn't if KU gets a BCS bowl or not, but how Ohio State gets to play in the National Title game for doing nothing all year, the same nothing Kansas did. If I was Hawaii, I'd be real pissed if they get a BCS and beat the hell out of Va Tech or something,...and get no Championship.

Ultra Peanut
12-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Schedule strength:
Ohio State (#60)
Kansas (#68)

Interesting.

Other teams:
VPI, WVU, LSU, etc. (#20-40 range)
Oklahoma (#59)
Hawaii (#137)

BWillie
12-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Schedule strength:
Ohio State (#60)
Kansas (#68)

Interesting.

Other teams:
Oklahoma (#59)
Hawaii (#137)

Ohio State lost to Illinois.

Kansas lost to Missouri.

I think theres no question who had a better loss, or which conference is better here.

It's just amazing to me how OSU gets to be #1, while KU is #8 when they virtually did the same thing. I wouldn't have as much of a problem if OU or Virginia Tech was in there. Hell, didn't Va Tech beat 4 ranked teams?

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Schedule strength:
Ohio State (#60)
Kansas (#68)

Interesting.

Other teams:
Oklahoma (#59)
Hawaii (#137)

Sagarin has the following:

OSU (60)
Kansas (88)
LSU (21)
MU (24)
OU (59)
VT (36)
Georgia (30)
Hawaii (137)

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Ohio State lost to Illinois.

Kansas lost to Missouri.

I think theres no question who had a better loss, or which conference is better here.

It's just amazing to me how OSU gets to be #1, while KU is #8 when they virtually did the same thing. I wouldn't have as much of a problem if OU or Virginia Tech was in there. Hell, didn't Va Tech beat 4 ranked teams?

If you take Texas and Oklahoma out of the Big XII (since KU didn't play either) then I'd give the nod in schedule to OSU.

Ultra Peanut
12-02-2007, 05:53 PM
But Kansas lost a week later than Ohio State! That makes them clearly less deserving!

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2007, 05:54 PM
My main complaint isn't if KU gets a BCS bowl or not, but how Ohio State gets to play in the National Title game for doing nothing all year, the same nothing Kansas did. If I was Hawaii, I'd be real pissed if they get a BCS and beat the hell out of Va Tech or something,...and get no Championship.

What did you expect? You are talking about the most corrupt institution in all of American sports.

Did you really think that KU would have a chance if it did the same thing as OSU?? You are bitching about a game with a stacked deck that you knew was rigged beforehand.

Lzen
12-02-2007, 05:57 PM

Better loss.

Better conference.

Etc.

C'mon, dude. Just be happy that KU had a amazing season. Sure, OSU wasn't exactly spectacular. But what team was great this year? I can't really think of any that were great every game. I think OSU deserves it by default. They will probably get smashed again by an SEC team.

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 05:57 PM
What did you expect? You are talking about the most corrupt institution in all of American sports.

Did you really think that KU would have a chance if it did the same thing as OSU?? You are bitching about a game with a stacked deck that you knew was rigged beforehand.

As much as you want to compare schedules and qualities of victories/losses the one thing that OSU did that KU did not do was win its conference. No matter how strong/weak the Big 10 is, OSU won the conference. If KU won their conference with 1 loss they would be in the title game.

Lzen
12-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Three teams can't go. But unless OU gives up the Fiesta for, I guess the Orange, the Fiesta won't put MU in the Fiesta for Round 3. That's the only reason KU gets the Fiesta. MU will go to the non-BCS Cotton.

It's an absolute abomination, if you ask me. And this isn't about KU. It's about how ****ed up the BCS is.

I agree. The BCS is really screwed up. We need a playoff system.

Bearcat
12-02-2007, 06:00 PM
I love the Beakers bitching in this thread

By my count it's 1.

Lzen
12-02-2007, 06:00 PM

Gotta love MU fans. A one touchdown final is a sound defeat.

Lzen
12-02-2007, 06:03 PM

I read something about the Fiesta would not want ASU because there would be much less tourism $$ for the week. Don't know if there is any truth to that view, but I think it makes sense.

BWillie
I read something about the Fiesta would not want ASU because there would be much less tourism $$ for the week. Don't know if there is any truth to that view, but I think it makes sense.

Ha. ASU in a BCS game? Man I hope not. That would be sad.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Gotta love MU fans. A one touchdown final is a sound defeat.

You were down 28-7 in the fourth quarter despite us having nearly 1/3 of all our penalties for one season called against us in one game.

BWillie
12-02-2007, 06:05 PM
You were down 28-7 in the fourth quarter despite us having nearly 1/3 of all our penalties for one season called against us in one game.

The same could be said about KU's red zone turnovers.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Right...so we should throw out the 4th quarter and all the stupid, deserving penalties MU made?

That makes complete sense.

chiefqueen
12-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Star is reporting MU is going Cotton:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/386454.html

Lzen
12-02-2007, 06:08 PM

Last I checked, a football game is 60 minutes. Whining about the refs won't change that. I'll give MU credit. They came to play and held on. But don't act like it was some amazing blowout. They didn't use the 21 point 4th quarter rule and just stop the game after 3 quarters.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Right...so we should throw out the 4th quarter and all the stupid, deserving penalties MU made?

That makes complete sense.

You must share the same glasses prescription as John Bible.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 06:27 PM
You must share the same glasses prescription as John Bible.
Or I'm not a completely biased MU fan who refuses to believe the obvious.

I don't see why you are angry, though. It makes it all the more depressing that KU lost a game in which the other team kept making mistakes.

siberian khatru
12-02-2007, 06:29 PM
It's official: MU to Cotton.

Best bowl in 38 years, but ... well, you know my pissing and moaning.

CupidStunt
12-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Arkansas to face MU. Should be a good one. Be interested to see if some of you talk down Arkansas as you did when they went through a tough SEC schedule.

That's a damn good football team with one ridiculously good player.

MU got screwed, though. Someone in the BCS will be less deserving than them.

siberian khatru
12-02-2007, 06:32 PM
Someone in the BCS will be less deserving than them.

I'm not gonna name any names.

It will be interesting to see how they do vs. McFadden.

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Arkansas to face MU. Should be a good one. Be interested to see if some of you talk down Arkansas as you did when they went through a tough SEC schedule.

Great, so if/when the #2 team in the Big XII beats the #6 team in the SEC everyone on here will declare the Big XII superior.

kstater
12-02-2007, 06:34 PM
I'm not gonna name any names.

It will be interesting to see how they do vs. McFadden.

Word is McFadden might not play the bowl game.

dirk digler
12-02-2007, 06:35 PM

why?

Protecting his NFL career?

Demonpenz
12-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Sweet I am glad to see missouri in the cotton bowl. Go tigers! We get to play one of the toughest SEC teams and a great player. Time to see where we stand Go tigers! I am excited

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Wisconsin to Outback

CupidStunt
Great, so if/when the #2 team in the Big XII beats the #6 team in the SEC everyone on here will declare the Big XII superior.

Always been the way.

Generally people don't know how to judge bowl matchups. MU vs. Arkansas is about as worthwhile as UGA vs. Colorado.

Bearcat

Yeah, it's an interesting matchup, since it's the 3rd best team in the SEC West vs the best team in the Big 12 North.

It's a good bowl, but I'd understand Mizzou fans being a little angry about not getting a BCS bowl.

DaKCMan AP
Kentucky vs FSU in the Music City Bowl

Lzen
It's official: MU to Cotton.

Best bowl in 38 years, but ... well, you know my pissing and moaning.

Yeah, it sucks knowing that you could have been in a BCS bowl. Still, I would be happy with that. KU and MU had their best seasons in years/ever(in KU's case). While neither of us got to play in the title game, it still was an amazing run. I can't be too demanding as a KU fan. Hell, my team didn't even get selected for a bowl game last year.

JBucc
12-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Tis not true.

Bearcat

lol

kstater
why?

Protecting his NFL career?

Yup, Heisman voting over with, the coach he played for left. No reason to play. If he played the only outcome might be dropping his stock. His stock isn't going to rise on that game, but it could fall.

Lzen

I never understood why they had those kind of match ups. I remember when KU went 9-2 in the 1995 season and only got to play in the Aloha Bowl. They played a UCLA team that only won 7 games. Needless to say, KU whooped them pretty badly.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Yeah, it sucks knowing that you could have been in a BCS bowl. Still, I would be happy with that. KU and MU had their best seasons in years/ever(in KU's case). While neither of us got to play in the title game, it still was an amazing run. I can't be too demanding as a KU fan. Hell, my team didn't even get selected for a bowl game last year.
I did tell you most of the scenarios ended up with KU in a BCS bowl and MU gettng screwed out of one.

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 06:40 PM
I never understood why they had those kind of match ups. I remember when KU went 9-2 in the 1995 season and only got to play in the Aloha Bowl. They played a UCLA team that only won 7 games. Needless to say, KU whooped them pretty badly.

I expect MU's offense to be too much for Arky.

KCinNY
12-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Who's gonna be Arkansas interim coach for the Cotton Bowl?

Should be a good game. Mcfadden is a beast.

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 06:41 PM

Should be a good game. Mcfadden is a beast.

Felix Jones is pretty good too.

Lzen
12-02-2007, 06:41 PM
I expect MU's offense to be too much for Arky.

Yes, I think so, as well.

Halfcan
12-02-2007, 06:42 PM
after yesterday-I don't care anymore

Lzen
So where are you guys getting these bowl announcements?

JBucc

Should be a good game. Mcfadden is a beast.Reggie Herring. How is Mizzou's run D?

kstater
12-02-2007, 06:43 PM

I seem to remember a team in 1998 that went 11-1 and only got to play in the Alamo bowl.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Okay, I've just been told that KU might be going to the Orange bowl, we'll see.

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Holiday: ASU vs Texas
Peach: Auburn vs Clemson
Outback: Wisconsin vs Tennessee
Gator: Texas Tech vs Virginia
Insight: Indiana vs Okie St
Alamo: Penn St. vs A&M

KCinNY
12-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Reggie Herring. How is Mizzou's run D?

Not great...not terrible either. They shut down Colorado and Kansas' running game pretty well. But A&M, K-State and Oklahoma ran over them pretty well.

How's Arkansas done against pass-happy spread teams? Are they deep in the secondary? How's their pass rush?

I only saw the Hogs once this year against LSU and they looked very good with the exception of their sorry QB.

JBucc
12-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Not great...not terrible either. They shut down Colorado and Kansas' running game pretty well. But A&M, K-State and Oklahoma ran over them pretty well.

How's Arkansas done against pass-happy spread teams? Are they deep in the secondary? How's their pass rush?

I only saw the Hogs once this year against LSU and they looked very good with the exception of their sorry QB.Our secondary is our weak point on D. Usually they come out strong but they wear out by the second half. We play ultra aggressive Man D usually but I hope Reggie will change things up for this one.

kstater
12-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Pretty funny intro.

Boyceofsummer
12-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Mizzou-Ra fans still whining about LAST WEEK'S VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cochise
12-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Once again Boyceofdumber with a quality contribution

Ultra Peanut
12-02-2007, 06:57 PM
1 Ohio State 2813 0.9870 1469 0.9793 0.910 0.9588
2 LSU 2630 0.9228 1418 0.9453 0.950 0.9394
3 Va Tech 2345 0.8228 1242 0.8280 0.960 0.8703
4 Oklahoma 2520 0.8842 1331 0.8873 0.800 0.8572
5 Georgia 2469 0.8663 1277 0.8513 0.800 0.8392
6 Missouri 2117 0.7428 1104 0.7360 0.850 0.7763
7 USC 2346 0.8232 1227 0.8180 0.650 0.7637
8 Kansas 2092 0.7340 1099 0.7327 0.810 0.7589
9 West Va 1924 0.6751 1010 0.6733 0.640 0.6628
10 Hawaii 1903 0.6677 994 0.6627 0.610 0.6468
11 Arizona St 1628 0.5712 900 0.6000 0.690 0.6204
12 Florida 1786 0.6267 890 0.5933 0.620 0.6133

Woooo, Hawaii is locked in! More money for us non-BCS peasants!

CupidStunt
12-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Told ya MU would be above KU and that KU would drop.

Cochise
12-02-2007, 07:04 PM

Uh oh. I take it there's whining incoming...?

Bearcat
TFO, give us the entire schedule already, or at least one matchup at a time...

Coach
Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl.

CupidStunt
12-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Nevermind...

DaKCMan AP
Hawaii's gonna get crushed.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Woooo, Hawaii is locked in! More money for us non-BCS peasants!

God knows they looked great when they beat the Chocolate Unicorn Elves.

Coach
Based on that...

MNC- OSU vs. LSU
Sugar- UGA vs. Arizona State
Orange- Va. Tech vs. West Va.?
Rose- USC vs. Illinois
Fiesta- Oklahoma vs. Hawaii

If it's SOMETHING like that, MU got hosed. Absolutely boned.

Scratch that. Hawaii is in the Sugar.

Coach
12-02-2007, 07:06 PM

That's what everybody said about Boise St. v. Oklahoma.

Woodrow Call
12-02-2007, 07:06 PM
So KU gets the Orange, Ill gets the Rose and the team that beat both of them on a neutral field and finished ranked higher gets the Cotton.

Perfect.

CupidStunt
12-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Scratch that. Hawaii is in the Sugar.

It's not worth me speculating at this point anyway but my point would still stand.

The point is based on which teams get in (Hawaii, Illinois and ASU). That is a screwjob and a half, doesn't matter which bowls.

DaKCMan AP
I will enjoy watching Jaw-ja crush Hawaii.

the Talking Can
so they're announcing it one team at a time, which commercials between each

awesome

CupidStunt
12-02-2007, 07:08 PM

BSU was better than this Hawaii trash and that Oklahoma team was only decent. UGA is a better team than OU was.

Assuming it's UGA, Hawaii will get crushed.

DaKCMan AP
It's not worth me speculating at this point anyway but my point would still stand.

The point is based on which teams get in (Hawaii, Illinois and ASU). That is a screwjob and a half, doesn't matter which bowls.

ASU is going to the Holiday bowl vs Texas, not a BCS game.

kstater
So KU gets the Orange, Ill gets the Rose and the team that beat both of them on a neutral field and finished ranked higher gets the Cotton.

Perfect.

College football has ALWAYS been don't lose late. Well except for Oklahoma in 03.

Bearcat

Yeah, because after BSU barely beat SJSU last year... :spock:

siberian khatru

Yeah, but it doesn't mean a damn thing.

I think I should make this :deevee: my full-time avatar. God, this BCS shit pisses me off far more than the OU loss. OU was a straight-up ass-kicking. This is convoluted, no-logic, corrupt bullshit.

Ultra Peanut
12-02-2007, 07:09 PM
OU vs. KU in the Fiesta is almost a certainty.

Well except for Oklahoma in 03.And Nebraska in 2001...

Boyceofsummer
Once again Boyceofdumber with a quality contribution

Oh, I forgot you don't like penalties. It's not fair. :deevee:

[YOU WON!]

http://www.kansascity.com/467/story/375862.html

DaKCMan AP
Yeah, because after BSU barely beat SJSU last year... :spock:

That Boise St team is better than this Hawaii team and Georgia this year is MUCH better than Oklahoma last year.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Yeah...it looks like KU is going to the Orange. They were the first picked of the at large teams. They could have picked MU if they wanted to, but they chose us. LMAO.

HolmeZz

No. And Oklahoma/Boise State is insanely overrated as far as upsets go. It was just one of the greatest bowl games of all time. There was an underdog theme to the game, but it was definitely not a major all-time upset. Not even close. Oklahoma wasn't that great.

the Talking Can
so, could they delay this shit any longer?

irishjayhawk
12-02-2007, 07:11 PM
A backup on KU is saying Orange.

Ultra Peanut
12-02-2007, 07:11 PM
That's what everybody said about Boise St. v. Oklahoma.They're a fraud if they lose to a Top 5 team, and a win over a top five team will simply be a fluke.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Yeah...it looks like KU is going to the Orange. They were the first picked of the at large teams. They could have picked MU if they wanted to, but they chose us. LMAO.

What the f*ck did I tell your stupid KUnt asses not one hour ago?

CupidStunt
ASU is going to the Holiday bowl vs Texas, not a BCS game.

LMAO

They took KU over ASU and MU?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

HolmeZz

Don't they have to take the highest rated team in terms of the BCS? Pretty sure that's why Illinois is going in ahead of Michigan. Obviously the Rose Bowl would've taken Michigan over Illinois if that was a choice.

Spott
12-02-2007, 07:13 PM
With the expectations that MU/KU had at the beginning of the season, all fans should be pretty pleased with whatever New Year's Day bowl we end up in.

Pierce
12-02-2007, 07:14 PM
With the expectations that MU/KU had at the beginning of the season, all fans should be pretty pleased with whatever New Year's Day bowl we end up in.

Spott on.

Mecca
Let's see if SC gets a lamb to rape...

DaKCMan AP
Don't they have to take the highest rated team in terms of the BCS? Pretty sure that's why Illinois is going in ahead of Michigan. Obviously the Rose Bowl would've taken Michigan over Illinois if that was a choice.

No they don't have to take the highest rated team. They can choose any team from a major conference that has at least 9 wins and is in the top-14 BCS Rankings.

siberian khatru
I'm gonna car bomb the Fox studios for this atrocious show.

Coach
USC in the Rose.

HolmeZz
Let's see if SC gets a lamb to rape...

It's Illinois.

Cochise
LMAO

They took KU over ASU and MU?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ROFL This is so retarded as to be comical.

Bearcat
12-02-2007, 07:15 PM
That Boise St team is better than this Hawaii team and Georgia this year is MUCH better than Oklahoma last year.

I haven't watched Hawaii this year, but that type of offense is the neutralizer in college football. I agree, Georgia would beat Hawaii 9 out of every 10 times. It only takes once :shrug:

'Hamas' Jenkins

Illinois gets a BCS bowl?? F*cking hogshit.

banyon
SC v. ILL? That's awful. That'll be a god awful blowout to watch.

Mecca
USC is going to kill Illinois...

kstater
fighting Illini to Rose

JBucc
LMAO USC against Illinois LMAO

kstater
WVU to Fiesta vs OU

the Talking Can
OU vs WVU

great matchup

Spott
OU will kill WVU.

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 07:16 PM
I like the OU/WVU matchup if White is healthy.

Mecca
Illinois gets a BCS bowl?? F*cking hogshit.

The Rose Bowl people think tradition is important, they'll take a Pac and Big 10 team every time if they can.

'Hamas' Jenkins
F*cking West Virginia :shake:

DaKCMan AP
I will be rooting for Illinois and the Zookers to take down SC. Not optimistic, however.

Coach
Illinois. Jesus, that game is over.

kstater
KU to Orange vs
VT

siberian khatru
So why did the Orange pick KU over MU? Because it has one loss, despite the fact MU has a higher BCS ranking?

banyon
KU!!!

CupidStunt
Va. Tech/USC vs. KU/Illinois - a combined 100 to 30, I'd say.

'Hamas' Jenkins
F*ck this shit.

Lzen
Sweet!!! Orange Bowl here we come!!

DaKCMan AP
I think Orange picking KU over MU is the biggest surprise.

banyon
12-02-2007, 07:17 PM
We could actually beat Va Tech. Mizzou out. LMAO LMAO

siberian khatru
Yeah, JJ, the reason MU lost last night was because they beat KU last week.

HolmeZz
Missouri's beaten two teams going to BCS bowls. Kansas has beaten none.

DaKCMan AP
109/119 LMAO

siberian khatru
12-02-2007, 07:18 PM
F*ck this shit.

I'm locked and loaded. Wanna go do some crimes?

Spott
It's all a moot point now, because the better team between MU/KU was already proven 8 days ago.

Bearcat
Wow... picking Illinois over Mizzou for 'tradition' is bad enough, but Kansas is so undeserving... and they could actually beat VTech.

Mecca
12-02-2007, 07:19 PM
KU has no shot against VT........VT will probably hold them to about 7 points.

Coach
Mizzou got scrizzoued.

DaKCMan AP
The KU over MU pick is just bewildering.

Cochise
So why did the Orange pick KU over MU? Because it has one loss, despite the fact MU has a higher BCS ranking?

Probably something ghey like they feel their fans will travel better.

Maybe they will, but that's an incredibly lame reason to screw a better football team.

kstater
109/119 LMAO

It gets better. The only ranked team they beat is KSU. KSU finished 5-7

siberian khatru
12-02-2007, 07:20 PM
It's all a moot point now, because the better team between MU/KU was already proven 8 days ago.

Doesn't mean shit when the loser gets a better bowl.

I mean, seriously, why have BCS rankings if you take the lower-ranked team?

'Hamas' Jenkins
And *that* is why I hate college football. I'm going to go watch some WWE, at least there is a pretense of objectivity there.

Spott

To be more specific, Kansas hasn't beat a single team this year that recieved a single vote in the last AP poll.

King_Chief_Fan
Va Tech will kill KU. Gayhawks don't stand a chance

HolmeZz

Virginia Tech is not any good. Kansas can compete.

Al Bundy
Not surprising.. thats what Mizzou gets for playing in a championship game and not showing up.

Cochise
12-02-2007, 07:21 PM

They didn't beat a team all season that got a single vote in the polls last week. And they get picked over the Big 12 north champion, who beat them head to head.

Coach

Disagree. The ACC as a whole, isn't very good. Other than VT, who is the other ACC team that is a top 10?

That's right, none.

kstater
Sugar Bowl

Georgia vs Hawaii

HolmeZz
I think the sad part is that the big KU/MU game meant absolutely nothing in the scheme of things. Nothing at all.

kstater
12-02-2007, 07:22 PM
And to top off all the other snoozers.

The mother of all snoozers, OSU V LSU

banyon

When did Va Tech get so good?

DJJasonp
bwah ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

Rock chalk baby!!!

(in all seriousness, I'm shocked actually....)

Cochise
I wonder if this will have any effect on how teams schedule?

If Kansas can get into the BCS by scheduling high school teams and coming in third in their conference, and losing when they have a chance to prove they are an upper tier team... why would anyone play any good teams?

banyon
OSU v. LSU, I hope LSU obliterates them.

Bearcat

If, at the beginning of the year, you told me Kansas was going to lose by 35 in the Orange Bowl, I'd think it's a lot better than sitting at home :shrug:

kstater
OSU is far and away the best team in the country.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2007, 07:23 PM
F*ck the f*cking BCS and all of the rat c*nt college administrators who allowes this feral mutant hog shit to happen.

Boyceofsummer
Probably something ghey like they feel their fans will travel better.

Maybe they will, but that's an incredibly lame reason to screw a better football team.

Missu-Ra would be called for excessive penalties?

banyon
The production quality of this selection show is awful. You can tell this is their 1st time doing this.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2007, 07:24 PM

Retarded.

OSU isn't the fifth best team in the country.

BigVE
Not surprising.. thats what Mizzou gets for playing in a championship game and not showing up.

The bottom line is that MU did have 2 losses and a weak strength of schedule. KU ranked slightly higher in the final polls and had only one loss AND travels well. Life is good in KU land right now after all the whining crying tiger fans have going on and on and on....karma is good.

Cochise
LMAO

I'm just sitting here laughing, this is so ridiculously dumb. It's too dumb to even be angry about it, it's just... hilaritardation.

Coach

LMAO until they play a PAC 10 team or a SEC team.

They'll get blown out of the water aganist LSU.

FACT: Ohio State is 0-8 vs the SEC in bowl games.

HolmeZz
If Kansas had to play Oklahoma twice, they'd probably lose 3 times.

Lzen
12-02-2007, 07:25 PM

Wait. The Orange Bowl had first pick of the at large teams? How does that work? So, if the Orange had not picked KU (or MU), do you think the Jayhawks would have gone to the Fiesta?

banyon
Well, this is the seaon I've waited for for about 10 years. There's no good argument that any of these teams are #1 or #2, there's no good argument that the winner of that game should be #1, basically it shows that this is just a bunch of crap and they need to play it off on the field.

'Hamas' Jenkins
I think the sad part is that the big KU/MU game meant absolutely nothing in the scheme of things. Nothing at all.

Oh it did, it allowed an inferior team to fall ass over teakettle into a Bowl they have no business being in.

kstater
Retarded.

OSU isn't the fifth best team in the country.

no, no, you got it all wrong. They beat Michigan. Their only loss is to a team that is playing in a BCS game.

ICTAlphaChief
12-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Doesn't mean shit when the loser gets a better bowl.

I mean, seriously, why have BCS rankings if you take the lower-ranked team?

Cause you just got the crap beat out of you by Oklahoma. Get over it. Don't forget to trash those number one in the nation shirts I saw this weekend.

CupidStunt
12-02-2007, 07:26 PM
If Kansas had to play Oklahoma twice, they'd probably lose 3 times.

:LOL:

Spott
12-02-2007, 07:27 PM
The bottom line is that MU did have 2 losses and a weak strength of schedule. KU ranked slightly higher in the final polls and had only one loss AND travels well. Life is good in KU land right now after all the whining crying tiger fans have going on and on and on....karma is good.

Actually, Missouri was ranked higher in all the polls and the BCS than KU and had a much higher strength of schedule.

Cochise

You got a gift. Congrats, it's found money - enjoy it. But don't kid yourself and think Kansas deserves that. At least be honest.

Al Bundy

Missouri beat KU that is in itself should put KU out, end of story.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 07:28 PM
Because we're so much better...LMAO.

'Hamas' Jenkins

Karma?? Try a hopeless, dickless, two running cards to a straight flush suck out.

Missouri had the 26th SOS, beat two teams going to a BCS bowl.

Kansas was 109th in SOS, and their best win was against Ok St.

Missouri beat KU head to head, and their two losses were to 1 team.

Spott
The BCS is why NFL will always be supreme.

Mecca

How many teams in the top 10 could OSU beat......maybe 2?

KCinNY
12-02-2007, 07:29 PM
I really don't care that KU got the Orange over Mizzou. KU had a nice year and Mizzou looked like crap in a game that's fresh in everyone's minds.

Personally as far as KU is concerned, I'll take the Cotton Bowl and Scoreboard over backing in to the Orange Bowl.

Frazod

That's OK. We all know how well KU does against ranked teams at neutral sites. I don't think they make t-shirts that say "We Got Killed At The Orange Bowl."

At the end of the day, you will have won nothing. This is just more of the same empty squawking we've heard all year long.

And you are still our bitches, and everybody knows it.

Al Bundy
Ohh boy the Chicken fans are going to be obnoxious for weeks to come...

KC_Connection
Are you serious?

KU can easily beat VTech, they have a far better chance at winning than they would have in the Fiesta.

Bearcat
Cause you just got the crap beat out of you by Oklahoma. Get over it. Don't forget to trash those number one in the nation shirts I saw this weekend.
Because they had the chance to get the crap beat out of them... if it was the other way around, and Kansas beat Mizzou and then lost by 30 to OU, and then got passed over for Mizzou? Come on, people...

Lzen
12-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Va. Tech/USC vs. KU/Illinois - a combined 100 to 30, I'd say.

ROFL

You're retarded.

banyon
12-02-2007, 07:31 PM
I wonder if this will have any effect on how teams schedule?

If Kansas can get into the BCS by scheduling high school teams and coming in third in their conference, and losing when they have a chance to prove they are an upper tier team... why would anyone play any good teams?

KU can't hide their lousy schedule.

But is it really much different than what Ohio State did to get in the Title game?

Lzen

Don't know. I thought that was strange, as well. But I'm not complaining. :)

CupidStunt
ROFL

You're retarded.

Grow the f**k up, zen. You pulled the same grade school insults when I predicted the BCS top-ten... and whaddya know, I f'ing NAILED IT.

It's a pity I couldn't nail the REAL retarded people -- those who picked KU over MU.

chagrin
12-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Karma?? Try a hopeless, dickless, two running cards to a straight flush suck out.

Missouri had the 26th SOS, beat two teams going to a BCS bowl.

Kansas was 109th in SOS, and their best win was against Ok St.

Missouri beat KU head to head, and their two losses were to 1 team.

Haha, you totally just parroted the TV guy

Bearcat
12-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Ohh boy the Chicken fans are going to be obnoxious for weeks to come...

I'm annoyed, and I'm one of them.

Mizzou got royally screwed, people. If the tables were turned, Jayhawk fans would be sh*tting their pants.

HolmeZz
12-02-2007, 07:33 PM
But is it really much different than what Ohio State did to get in the Title game?

Ohio State has beaten a few legitimate teams and won their conference outright. Kansas isn't a viable comparison at all.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Haha, you totally just parroted the TV guy

I need to find the sports channel that allows that first sentence on air.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Wait. The Orange Bowl had first pick of the at large teams? How does that work? So, if the Orange had not picked KU (or MU), do you think the Jayhawks would have gone to the Fiesta?
If the Orange had picked MU, we would have been in the Cotton. If they had picked another team that wasn't MU, we likely would have been in the Fiesta.

But they ended up choosing KU over all of them....we rule.

BigVE
I love it. Keep it coming MU whiners. The fact that you want to trash the Hawks so badly yet you are SO insanely jealous right now is classic. NO matter how you want to look at it and NO matter how it was the KU made it to the Orange bowl this is summed up in one way: Ku won and MU wishes it were in KU's spot right now. All the crying about strength of schedule and head to head means NOTHING now. Thank you very much.

Woodrow Call
KU's selection was a joke and everyone in America knows it. I hope Chase and the boys remember the screw job they received this year and tear Big 12 apart in 08.

All that matters to me is that MU won the North and beat Ill and KU on neutral fields. What bowl these teams are in changes nothing.

Bearcat
12-02-2007, 07:35 PM

It's exactly like Tennesse... They lose in their conference championship, and it's Georgia, a team Tennessee beat, that's going to a BCS game.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 07:35 PM
I love it. Keep it coming MU whiners. The fact that you want to trash the Hawks so badly yet you are SO insanely jealous right now is classic. NO matter how you want to look at it and NO matter how it was the KU made it to the Orange bowl this is summed up in one way: Ku won and MU wishes it were in KU's spot right now. All the crying about strength of schedule and head to head means NOTHING now. Thank you very much.
There's really no need to rub in the evident failings of the BCS system.

Cochise
12-02-2007, 07:36 PM

Ohio State beat four ranked teams this year. And their only loss was to a BCS team. You can see that. I couldn't make an argument that KU deserves the Orange Bowl to save my life.

Hey, whatever, I think the Arkansas game is going to be good for us, probably a better matchup. But this is what it is, a gift and nothing but.

Lzen

:stupid:

Woodrow Call

We beat you and won the North that is all that matters. Everyone knows MU is better its been proven.

KC_Connection
KU's selection was a joke and everyone in America knows it. I hope Chase and the boys remember the screw job they received this year and tear Big 12 apart in 08.

All that matters to me is that MU won the North and beat Ill and KU on neutral fields. What bowl these teams are in changes nothing.
I don't think it's a joke at all. KU deserved to be in a BCS bowl after the season they had. The joke is that MU, the #1 ranked team yesterday, didn't make one.

Frazod

Scoreboard, cocksucker.

Nothing else matters. The end.

HolmeZz
12-02-2007, 07:37 PM
It's exactly like Tennesse... They lose in their conference championship, and it's Georgia, a team Tennessee beat, that's going to a BCS game.

Nah. Georgia's resume is much much much better. Tennessee's whole resume is the one game against Georgia. Not remotely close to the KU/MU situation.

Cochise
12-02-2007, 07:38 PM
I don't think it's a joke at all. KU deserved to be in a BCS bowl after the season they had.

Third best team in the conference.

banyon
12-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Ohio State has beaten a few legitimate teams and won their conference outright. Kansas isn't a viable comparison at all.

I'm not really trying to Compare OSU to the Jayhawks. I'm comparing their schedule to the rest of the top 10.

They beat probably the worst Michigan team of the last 15 years and an Illinois team that didn't beat anybody.

If I were Missouri, notwithstanding history, I'd be just as pissed that an Illinois team that I beat got in too.

ROYC75
12-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Bottom line, the way this year unfolded, there are many college football fans upset with the selections, period......

BigVE
There's really no need to rub in the evident failings of the BCS system.
Your right. I honestly did not think KU would make it into a BCS bowl. I honestly felt like the better team won when KU/MU met. But I have bee n silently taking in all the KU bashing by the mooo fans and today was enough. I feel sorry for MU but not THAt sorry.

Cochise
We beat you and won the North that is all that matters. Everyone knows MU is better its been proven.

It doesn't matter, I think the Arkansas matchup is good for us and will be a great game.

The only reason it irritates me is because beakers take this as some kind of vindication that they are better than Mizzou, even though they lost head to head at a neutral site.

It doesn't matter even when you beat them on the field, deep down, they never think anyone is better than them. Even after it's been proven.

This happened because the BCS does not exist to be fair, it exists to make the most money for the member bowl games. That's ok with me. Let's just be honest about that.

That's the only explanation, because no one can make a rational argument that this was the right call.

KC_Connection
Third best team in the conference.
And that makes them undeserving of being in a BCS bowl because?
IMO, rules shouldn't prevent 3 teams in one conference from playing in them. Florida and MU got screwed out for that reason..

You're coming off as a bit jealous, I must say, though, but I don't blame you.

ArrowheadHawk
12-02-2007, 07:40 PM

except that you are being a winy bitch

chiefsfan987
12-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Well I know a lot of Missouri fans are probably mad right now but I don't think they should be mad at KU.

Personally I feel both teams should be playing in BCS games. If you're mad about anything it should be that there is a rule that only allows 2 teams from the same conference to get in. That rule should go out the window. I don't think teams should be penalized for being in the same conference.

rageeumr
12-02-2007, 07:41 PM

How exactly did KU "win"? By playing a cupcake schedule and backing into a bowl game? KU Played three... THREE teams with winning records: Central Michigan (doesn't even count), aTm, and Mizzou... and we all know how that Mizzou game went.

I concede that I wish Mizzou was in a BCS game, but I'm not the least bit jealous of your fraud football team.

ROYC75
12-02-2007, 07:42 PM
IMHO, USC, OU and Georgia all deserved to be called the best team playing right now in the ship' game. But that didn't happen.........

MU did get shafted, but that's the way this stupid system works..........

banyon
Ohio State beat four ranked teams this year. And their only loss was to a BCS team. You can see that. I couldn't make an argument that KU deserves the Orange Bowl to save my life.

Hey, whatever, I think the Arkansas game is going to be good for us, probably a better matchup. But this is what it is, a gift and nothing but.

Four teams that were barely ranked and aren't anymore.

Again, I'm not comparing OSU to KU, I think OSU is the better team. What I'm saying is that there really isn't a good argument why OSU is there and not Georgia or USC except that they played a weaker schedule, didn't have to play a conference championship game, and have 1 less L to show for it.

NO ONE really "deserves" to be in this title game, and I couldn't be happier.

Let's get the playoff momentum going finally.

HolmeZz
They beat probably the worst Michigan team of the last 15 years and an Illinois team that didn't beat anybody.

Wasn't one of the worst Michigan teams in the last 15 years and Illinois holds wins over Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State, and Indiana. They're more deserving of a BCS bid than Kansas was.

ArrowheadHawk
Well I know a lot of Missouri fans are probably mad right now but I don't think they should be mad at KU.

Personally I feel both teams should be playing in BCS games. If you're mad about anything it should be that there is a rule that only allows 2 teams from the same conference to get in. That rule should go out the window. I don't think teams should be penalized for being in the same conference.
definitely Mizzou should be in Illinois spot and Florida should be in Hawaii's

Cochise
And that makes them undeserving of being in a BCS bowl because?
IMO, rules shouldn't prevent 3 teams in one conference from playing in them. Florida and MU got screwed out for that reason..

You're coming off as a bit jealous, I must say, though, but I don't blame you.

Why does a third place team deserve it instead of a second place team? Why does a team who lost to the other deserve to get picked over them?

There's no argument. It's just business, that's fine. But there's no argument.

banyon
12-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Wasn't one of the worst Michigan teams in the last 15 years and Illinois holds wins over Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State, and Indiana. They're more deserving of a BCS bid than Kansas was.

Yeah the Big Ten sucked this year. The only teams they beat were each other. Look at the Out of conference.

And Michigan did suck this year. It's why they lost to Appalachian State and Llyod Carr got fired, er retired.

HolmeZz

Missouri wasn't the 3rd best team in their conference and Florida finished 5th in the SEC.

ROYC75
The only reason it irritates me is because beakers take this as some kind of vindication that they are better than Mizzou, even though they lost head to head at a neutral site.

It doesn't matter even when you beat them on the field, deep down, they never think anyone is better than them. Even after it's been proven.

Hush you, MU was better that night, OK.
;)

rageeumr
12-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Why does a third place team deserve it instead of a second place team? Why does a team who lost to the other deserve to get picked over them?

If it was Nebraska, I could see it. I wouldn't like it, but I would at least understand it with Nebraska's tradition. With KU football being a tradition since September (stolen from a Gameday sign) I seriously don't understand how you can put KU ahead.

ArrowheadHawk
12-02-2007, 07:45 PM

sorry buddy it's not about who deserves it. It's about who the Orange Bowl Picked as an "AT LARGE" team. Obviously they wanted Kansas not Mizzery, get over it and don't let Arkansas bite down on that ass.

ArrowheadHawk
12-02-2007, 07:46 PM
If it was Nebraska, I could see it. I wouldn't like it, but I would at least understand it with Nebraska's tradition. With KU football being a tradition since September (stolen from a Gameday sign) I seriously don't understand how you can put KU ahead.
and misouri has tradition? Please...

banyon
12-02-2007, 07:46 PM
BTW this "great" Ohio State team is not as talented as last years and will probably get blown out even worse against another SEC School.

Lzen
12-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Grow the f**k up, zen. You pulled the same grade school insults when I predicted the BCS top-ten... and whaddya know, I f'ing NAILED IT.

It's a pity I couldn't nail the REAL retarded people -- those who picked KU over MU.

Wow, congrats. You are a good poll watcher. Doesn't mean you have a future in Vegas. I'm not saying KU will win. But I can't wait until I get to pull up some of these ridiculous predictions and shove back in your retarded face. :p

ArrowheadHawk
12-02-2007, 07:48 PM
I think everyone can agree that the BCS is STUPID KU, Mizzery, and ZeroU should all be in playoff with the other top ten teams in the country.

siberian khatru
12-02-2007, 07:49 PM

:thumb:

I'm not mad at KU, as I've stated in other posts/threads. Although I won't accept KU fans using this to argue that it proves their superiority more than a head-to-head game on a neutral field does. :)

I am raging against the BCS and particularly the Orange Bowl cocksuckers. AFAIK, KU didn't put a gun to their head or blackmail them to pick them.

rageeumr
12-02-2007, 07:50 PM

Not the point I was making. The point I was making is that, aside from one less loss, there are absoltely no reasons that you can justify a KU berth over MU. MU was better in the polls, played a MUCH tougher schedule and won head-to-head. All I was saying is that if there was a tradition/travelling fan factor it would be easier to swallow, but that's not the case here.

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 07:50 PM
I can't wait to watch LSU beat up OSU and Georgia take Hawaii behind the woodshed.

My big disappointment is that Florida has to play Michigan. I'd prefer greater competition.

Bearcat
12-02-2007, 07:51 PM

In a world of midgets, the dwarf is king...... or something like that.

KCinNY
Good point. Personally, I'm not mad at KU at all.

The BCS system is criminally unfair. Sad thing is that a true playoff is a complete and total pipe dream. Ain't gonna happen. There's too much money being made with the current system and no amount of sportswriter or fan bitching will change it.

ArrowheadHawk
Not the point I was making. The point I was making is that, aside from one less loss, there are absoltely no reasons that you can justify a KU berth over MU. MU was better in the polls, played a MUCH tougher schedule and won head-to-head. All I was saying is that if there was a tradition/travelling fan factor it would be easier to swallow, but that's not the case here.
I think you guys should be playing USC in the Rose bowl. If you wanna talk about stupid, how the **** is Illinois in the BCS

banyon
12-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Mark May: Both these teams backed into the Championship game

:clap:

Just like the 06 Chiefs.

siberian khatru
12-02-2007, 07:53 PM
sorry buddy it's not about who deserves it.

Little Bill Daggett: I don't deserve this... to die like this. I was building a house.

Will Munny: Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
[aims gun]

Little Bill Daggett: I'll see you in hell, William Munny.

Will Munny: Yeah.
[fires]

Cochise
12-02-2007, 07:54 PM
sorry buddy it's not about who deserves it. It's about who the Orange Bowl Picked as an "AT LARGE" team. Obviously they wanted Kansas not Mizzery, get over it and don't let Arkansas bite down on that ass.

I totally agree. They picked who they wanted, and not who was more deserving. That's cool.

To Kansas: Prove it. You've said all year that you weren't a scheduling creation. Even after you lost to the first good team you played, and didn't look particularly good doing it. Even after you failed to win your conference or even your half of your conference. Without a win against a ranked team all year, still, you say you are a BCS team.

You got a gift. Now Virginia Tech is waiting. Prove it.

Lzen
It doesn't matter, I think the Arkansas matchup is good for us and will be a great game.

This happened because the BCS does not exist to be fair, it exists to make the most money for the member bowl games. That's ok with me. Let's just be honest about that.

That's the only explanation, because no one can make a rational argument that this was the right call.

I agree. The BCS is all about the money. But I'm not sure what that has to do with the Orange picking KU over MU. Are you saying that somehow KU will produce more $$ than MU would? Why? I think you would have to ask the Orange selection committee to truly know.

banyon
Good point. Personally, I'm not mad at KU at all.

The BCS system is criminally unfair. Sad thing is that a true playoff is a complete and total pipe dream. Ain't gonna happen. There's too much money being made with the current system and no amount of sportswriter or fan bitching will change it.

I disagree with this too. There's even more money to be made in a playoff. More games, higher ratings, and you can still have sponsors like "Poulan Weed Eater" or whatever.

KCinNY
I think you guys should be playing USC in the Rose bowl. If you wanna talk about stupid, how the **** is Illinois in the BCS

The Rose Bowl will grab the traditional Big10/Pac10 matchup 100 times out of 100.

Bearcat
12-02-2007, 07:57 PM
I can't wait to watch LSU beat up OSU and Georgia take Hawaii behind the woodshed.

My big disappointment is that Florida has to play Michigan. I'd prefer greater competition.

All of them are disappointing, IMO... I'd much rather see Oklahoma or USC vs. one of the best SEC teams.

KCinNY
12-02-2007, 07:58 PM
I disagree with this too. There's even more money to be made in a playoff. More games, higher ratings, and you can still have sponsors like "Poulan Weed Eater" or whatever.

Too many college presidents of mediocre 7-5 football teams love the current system. They can tell their alumni and fanbase "Hey, we had a great season and topped it off with a trip to the Papajohns.com Bowl."

If there's a playoff, all of those teams not involved don't have their sweet (and lucrative) December vacation/football game for their alumni.

banyon
I wonder if USC absolutely demolished Illnois and OSU/LSU had a close, ugly game that OSU lost, if we'd have another split title?

BWillie
Missouri did get screwed. But so did all the other top 10 teams that didn't get to play for the National Title. Everybody on here acts like they know which team is better than who. Let's be honest, none of you all have any idea. That's why they play the games..but you can only play one game for the title....and leave the rest out to play in some meaningless games. College Football really has some explaining to do.

Bump
I totally agree. They picked who they wanted, and not who was more deserving. That's cool.

To Kansas: Prove it. You've said all year that you weren't a scheduling creation. Even after you lost to the first good team you played, and didn't look particularly good doing it. Even after you failed to win your conference or even your half of your conference. Without a win against a ranked team all year, still, you say you are a BCS team.

You got a gift. Now Virginia Tech is waiting. Prove it.

actually K-State was ranked when we beat them in Manhatten off of their win against Texas. If you go by your justification MU sucks for only beating a crappy KU team by 6 points.