Pages : 1 [2]

Tits McGee
12-03-2007, 12:30 AM
I can feel the deserved disrespect coming from miles away

They squeal like a stuck pig.

KC_Connection
12-03-2007, 12:31 AM
Well, as long as your happy.

I don't base my happiness on a bunch of old men playing the Brent Musburger drinking game and then selecting teams to play for a mythical championship.
I seemingly do.

Tits McGee
12-03-2007, 12:33 AM
I seemingly do.

It's late , it's past your bedtime.

KC_Connection
12-03-2007, 12:43 AM
It's late , it's past your bedtime.
Right. Well I'll probably be still awake long after you've gone to sleep, so once again, I rule.

Tactical Funky
12-03-2007, 01:20 AM
All the smack going back in forth in this thread is getting ridiculous.

Look, I don't like the way the BCS is set up and it's unfortunate for MU that KU got the BCS nod over them, but I'm still going to support my team on January 3rd, just as I do every single time they play. Win or lose, it's good for the program in the end.

I'm glad KU's playing a tougher non-con schedule next year because this year's was a joke, but then again, Mangino followed the Bill Snyder formula to perfection. He was trying to save his job and get Kansas to a decent bowl after last season's late-game meltdowns, but little did he know that the cards would fall into place for his team. Another caveat is the overall weakness of the Big 12 this year outside of three teams, but teams like CU and possibly NU will improve quite a bit next season while KU, MU, and OU should have good seasons (although KU is unlikely to get 11 wins next year, IMO).

Is KU a great team? Probably not. Are they a good team? Yes. Should MU be in a BCS bowl? I think so. Should tOSU be playing in the National Championship? Hell no.

The above simply demonstrates the craziness of the current system - and we're all just along for the ride.

Short Leash Hootie
12-03-2007, 04:31 AM
Illinois got the Rose Bowl LMAO

Braincase
12-03-2007, 05:39 AM
Pull for whoever you like. I'm biased but I'm also experienced with jayhawk mind set, and it's delusional.

Winning 50% of your conference championships will do that to you.

El Jefe
12-03-2007, 06:12 AM
I don't like MU but they did get hosed. That sucks for MU fans.

Saulbadguy
12-03-2007, 06:27 AM
MU got K-Stated. Grats.

bkkcoh
12-03-2007, 06:37 AM
What bullshit.

Oh well.

It really sucks that there is a limit of 2 teams per conference in the BCS bowls. That is what screwed MU. If a conference is deserving of 3 teams being in BCS bowl games, they should be allowed to. There could be a situation in which there could be an undefeated team and 2 1 loss teams and one of the 1 loass teams would get screwed out of a BCS bowl.

Granted that didn't happen because the Big 12 has 2 teams with 2 losses in the top 10. All you have to do is win the f'n games and things will taken care of.

eazyb81
12-03-2007, 06:44 AM
It really isn't that big of a deal. Every bowl game, outside of the NC, is just for fun and to set the team up for the following year.

Plus, the national media is laughing at Kansas right now. Mike & Mike just did a segment where they said Kansas over Mizzou in the Orange Bowl is "such a complete joke I don't even know where to begin".

This whole issue is overshadowing Kansas actually making the bowl game. It could be argued that they are getting the shaft.

Anyways, with a win over Arkansas, Mizzou will finish the season with 12 wins and is guaranteed for a top 5 finish. I'll take that in a second.

Stewie
12-03-2007, 06:48 AM
There's always one team that gets screwed every year. Almost everyone predicted that KU would get a BCS bid instead of MU if they lost in San Antonio. Herbstreit even said at the end of the game that MU was out of the BCS bowl picture. It's just how the screwy BCS works.

Braincase
12-03-2007, 07:22 AM
MU got K-Stated. Grats.

And I didn't even hear the sheep bleat.

BigRedChief
12-03-2007, 07:26 AM
It really isn't that big of a deal. Every bowl game, outside of the NC, is just for fun and to set the team up for the following year.

Anyways, with a win over Arkansas, Mizzou will finish the season with 12 wins and is guaranteed for a top 5 finish. I'll take that in a second.Welllll where is does matter is in recruiting. If they want to reguarly compete with the big boys they have to get recruits like the big boys. The top flight recruits want to play in BCS games, on national TV and have "romanesque" spalike facilities.

Sure-Oz
12-03-2007, 07:27 AM
jack harry was even going off how mu got jobbed, he talked maybe 2 seconds on KU getting in and he is the biggest KU homer on tv. Well goodluck jayhawks. MU will learn from this year, sucks on a disapointing end.

kepp
12-03-2007, 07:39 AM
bad season for us that is for sure. 13 national championships. whatcha got brock?
I used to be a ND fan when I was a little boy too. I liked their apparel.

BigRedChief
12-03-2007, 07:42 AM
Fun fact for DomerNKC

Notre Dame has a longer winning streak going than both the BCS National Championship teams.

kepp
12-03-2007, 07:44 AM
Forgot to add a picture of the tool.
They cropped out Reesing kneeling in front of his chair.

kepp
12-03-2007, 08:00 AM
Mizzou #6, KU #8, Illinois #13.

Those are the BCS rankings. Go figure that shit out!
I thought only the top 12 in the BCS were BCS bowl eligible. ??

kepp
12-03-2007, 08:23 AM
Lou Holtz said you can make an argument why teams that are in the BCS deserve it but you can't make an argument why teams who are left out deserve it

:spock:
And the whole time he was talking he was thinking in the back of his mind, "Did I take my medication today?"

kepp
12-03-2007, 08:30 AM
I don't like MU but they did get hosed. That sucks for MU fans.
Hey, I was "giving you the business" in a thread last week talking about wanting to play OSU in the NC. Well, the perverbial "other shoe" fell on us (Mizzou). Congrats on getting to the 'ship. Don't expect me to root for OSU though :p

El Jefe
12-03-2007, 08:32 AM
Hey, I was "giving you the business" in a thread last week talking about wanting to play OSU in the NC. Well, the perverbial "other shoe" fell on us (Mizzou). Congrats on getting to the 'ship. Don't expect me to root for OSU though :p

That's ok Lol. I would of liked to see the MU VS tOSU game, it would of been fun.

El Jefe
12-03-2007, 08:34 AM
Fun fact for DomerNKC

Notre Dame has a longer winning streak going than both the BCS National Championship teams.

Ahh somebody watched the BCS selection show.

eazyb81
12-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Welllll where is does matter is in recruiting. If they want to reguarly compete with the big boys they have to get recruits like the big boys. The top flight recruits want to play in BCS games, on national TV and have "romanesque" spalike facilities.

Are you serious? Mizzou is going to play a bowl game in the heart of the biggest recruiting area in the nation - Dallas, TX.

And most likely, Mizzou will win, which will impress recruits.

How many recruits are going to be impressed by watching Kansas get humiliated on national television for the 2nd straight week?

Mizzou hardly got screwed in this deal.

KC_Connection
12-03-2007, 10:40 AM

Plus, the national media is laughing at Kansas right now. Mike & Mike just did a segment where they said Kansas over Mizzou in the Orange Bowl is "such a complete joke I don't even know where to begin".

This whole issue is overshadowing Kansas actually making the bowl game. It could be argued that they are getting the shaft.

Anyways, with a win over Arkansas, Mizzou will finish the season with 12 wins and is guaranteed for a top 5 finish. I'll take that in a second.
Yeah...I'll still take the Orange Bowl.

Prometheus
12-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Both teams had great seasons. Neither is playing for the national championship. Both teams are playing in high profile bowls. No one cares about the BCS anyway--and no one is going to be convinced the number one team at the end of the season is indisputably number one. So I don't see the problem here, really.

KC_Connection
12-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Are you serious? Mizzou is going to play a bowl game in the heart of the biggest recruiting area in the nation - Dallas, TX.

And most likely, Mizzou will win, which will impress recruits.

How many recruits are going to be impressed by watching Kansas get humiliated on national television for the 2nd straight week?

Mizzou hardly got screwed in this deal.
Again, I'll take the Orange Bowl, and the money that goes with it. Even if the team loses (which isn't a foregone conclusion at all), KU is the one that comes out ahead here.

And really...who wants to wake up on New Year's morning to watch a football game? Not me.

beer bacon
12-03-2007, 01:07 PM
The money from the Orange Bowl is put in a communal pot and split among all the schools in the Big 12.

Also, it took Missouri all of 30 minutes this morning to sell out their allotment of tickets for the Cotton Bowl.

kcpasco
12-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Again, I'll take the Orange Bowl, and the money that goes with it. Even if the team loses (which isn't a foregone conclusion at all), KU is the one that comes out ahead here.

And really...who wants to wake up on New Year's morning to watch a football game? Not me.

You just don't get it do you

Grats on your technicality

Stewie
12-03-2007, 01:17 PM
The money for the Orange Bowl is put in a communal pot and split among all the schools in the Big 12.

After expenses. Non-BCS bowl games are hit or miss when it comes to making any money for the league.

Lzen
12-03-2007, 01:42 PM
We can continue to mock you all we want. A bunch of Floriduh retards picking you over us doesn't change anything between us. Remember, these are the same idiots who can't even punch holes correctly.

We are the superior team. We won. You know it. Every squawking Gayhawk who posts here knows it.

SCOREBOARD.

One single, undeniable, untouchable word. No matter what undeserved accolades KU is handed by BCS scumbags, you can't touch it, or deny it, or hide from it behind a BCS smokescreen.

WE. OWN. YOU. PERIOD. THE END.

Perhaps we should do like MU fans and go buy a OU beat MU Big 12 Championship t-shirt. :p

kcpasco
12-03-2007, 01:44 PM
I think we should have just declined the Cotton Bowl

Because you seem to benefit from not playing in this current system

After all the Bowl games we would probably move up a spot

Lzen
12-03-2007, 01:45 PM
You still don't understand that the Orange means as much as the brown stain on your underwear

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ROFL

If it means so little, why are MU fans bitching non-stop about not being selected by the Orange?

Lzen
12-03-2007, 01:51 PM
No worries, they know they can't beat a good team. They are just enjoying their ride. And why wouldn't they? They will be mediocre next year.

You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

|Zach|
12-03-2007, 01:54 PM
You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.
I am just wondering about a season where the peak is beating Texas A&M.

Lzen
12-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Beakers are calling MU fans arrogant. This is like Hitler calling Churchill a nazi.

There go those damn KU fans. Changing a football topic to basketball. :rolleyes:

Lzen
12-03-2007, 02:04 PM
Not deserving certainly doesn't stop beat-nobody frauds like KU and OSU from getting in.

Wait....KU is in the national title game?

Que Card QB
12-03-2007, 02:05 PM
We don't deserve it over MU, we do over Illinois. I'm happy KU is in the Orange Bowl but it's definitely not fair MU is not in a BCS bowl. There's no argument MU vs. KU. KU should be arguing against Illinois.

Lzen
12-03-2007, 02:09 PM
VT doesn't really need to be that great to beat KU

I guess that explains why MU bet KU.
;)

kcpasco
12-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Lew promised to buy 30,000 tickets, and they have done so.

Now there just needs to be an audit to make sure he doesn't right those off as travel expenses. Try not to make it shady KU, your suppose to have an honest program.

Lzen
12-03-2007, 02:11 PM
And yes on other boards and people say that Mizzou destroyed KU and the score wasn't as close as it appeared.

We gave VT a blue print on how overrated your D is

On other boards? What boards? MU fan boards? ROFL Yeah, that is objective.

About the blueprint. Do you think VT has the type of offense that can do what MU did? I doubt it.

Lzen
12-03-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm kind of getting that arrogant vibe from the KU fans. I have no ties to either school. I root for KU basketball, so I decided to root for MU football. I'm starting to rethink the basketball thing.

KU fans are only dishing it back at MU fans. It goes both ways. Nobody is innocent here.

Lzen
12-03-2007, 02:15 PM
You are going to get destroyed against VT.

You guys keep hanging your hats on that. And when it doesn't happen, what will you say?

|Zach|
12-03-2007, 02:17 PM
You guys keep hanging your hats on that. And when it doesn't happen, what will you say?
We will respond the same way when you used this kind of post leading up to the MU\KU game.

Lzen
12-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Well, as long as your happy.

I don't base my happiness on a bunch of old men playing the Brent Musburger drinking game and then selecting teams to play for a mythical championship.

Well, in all reality KU was BCS eligible. There are only a few teams that are eligible every year. Obviously, the rest of the country doesn't see KU as a fraud. Now did MU deserve it over KU? Probably so. But if you are pissed at anyone, you should be pissed at your team and coaches for not making good adjustments in the 2nd half of the game Saturday. MU went into halftime with all the momentum. WTF happened?

Lzen
12-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Just counting down the time before the numerous articles come out slamming KU about getting the nod over MU. And oh yes they are a coming.

Good. I hope they do. That can only motivate the Jayhawks, IMO.

kcpasco
12-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Obviously, the rest of the country doesn't see KU as a fraud.

Another tard who can't tell the difference from fact and fiction

The Orange Bowl committee isn't the rest of the country

And if you watched ESPN, Fox sports or listened to anything related to sports you would see most agree we got hosed and we belong in your spot.

siberian khatru
12-03-2007, 02:23 PM
We will respond the same way when you used this kind of post leading up to the MU\KU game.

KU fans aren't even acknowledging that game anymore.

At best, MU "slipped by" KU. It's only a matter of time before they start arguing they actually won it.

The other line emerging is that was our national championship game -- meaning of course it meant so much more to MU than KU. KU didn't really need that game -- they have so much more going for them.

Scoreboard doesn't matter to these guys. It's pointless to engage them. They are Denver Bronco fans. It's all Taco John spin to them.

Whoever said that the winners write history never met a KU fan.

Lzen
12-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Another tard who can't tell the difference from fact and fiction

The Orange Bowl committee isn't the rest of the country

And if you watched ESPN, Fox sports or listened to anything related to sports you would see most agree we got hosed and we belong in your spot.

Another tard with lack of reading comprehension. I challenge you to go back and show me where I said MU does not deserve the Orange Bowl over KU.

Rausch
12-03-2007, 02:28 PM
What bullshit.

Oh well.

Lzen
12-03-2007, 02:30 PM

How did that blowout work for you? Congrats, you guys won the game. Your team was the better team that day. I never said otherwise. Still, you know the final score was only a 1 TD difference.

Lzen
12-03-2007, 02:34 PM

At best, MU "slipped by" KU. It's only a matter of time before they start arguing they actually won it.

The other line emerging is that was our national championship game -- meaning of course it meant so much more to MU than KU. KU didn't really need that game -- they have so much more going for them.

Scoreboard doesn't matter to these guys. It's pointless to engage them. They are Denver Bronco fans. It's all Taco John spin to them.

C'mon, sk. You know many KU fans, myself included, are only giving this BS back because we have had enough of the BS from MUs. All we heard leading up to the KU/MU game was how MU was gonna destroy us. Now all we're hearing is "waaaaaa, we got screwed. I can't wait until VT destroys KU". Hey, KU may very well lose to VT. I am not declaring this a victory by any means. But I doubt that VT will blow us out even if they do win.

And I been saying all along that MU deserved the Orange more than KU. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching some of the obnoxious MU fans whine. No, that doesn't include you.

Sure-Oz
12-03-2007, 02:34 PM
How did that blowout work for you? Congrats, you guys won the game. Your team was the better team that day. I never said otherwise. Still, you know the final score was only a 1 TD difference.
Doesnt matter MU had the lead ALL GAME and was dominating them, wow they closed the gap and got an exclamation safety wreath on their qb's forhead.

Saulbadguy
12-03-2007, 02:38 PM

I'll admit, it's kind of telling when people who have no interest in either team call KU fans arrogant. (The Iowa fans around here, or the people who don't even like college ball).

Lzen
12-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Yep, MU had over 500 yards of offense. But KU had nearly 400 themselves. MU 29 first downs to KU's 22. Congrats on the win. Your team proved to be better. But let's not kid ourselves into thinking that MU destroyed KU. MU destroyed CU. KU destroyed ISU. MU did not destroy KU.

Lzen
12-03-2007, 02:42 PM
I'll admit, it's kind of telling when people who have no interest in either team call KU fans arrogant. (The Iowa fans around here, or the people who don't even like college ball).

:rolleyes: Any fan base that follows a team that makes Final Fours or BCS games regularly is going to be considered arrogant. But I guess that would make the KU bashers' argument weak and therefore you guys ignore those facts.

Lzen
12-03-2007, 02:44 PM

And another thing, Saul. Your KSU fanbase was just as bad when you guys were really good in football in the late 90s/early 00s. But let's forget about that because it's more fun to whine about KU fans.

Saulbadguy
12-03-2007, 02:48 PM
:rolleyes: Any fan base that follows a team that makes Final Fours or BCS games regularly is going to be considered arrogant. But I guess that would make the KU bashers' argument weak and therefore you guys ignore those facts.
No, it has nothing to do with that. Nebraska fans are not nearly as arrogant as KU fans (although they are much more delusional, and weird).

LOL@ the "BCS games regularly" comment, too, btw. Well placed.

Saulbadguy
12-03-2007, 02:49 PM
And another thing, Saul. Your KSU fanbase was just as bad when you guys were really good in football in the late 90s/early 00s. But let's forget about that because it's more fun to whine about KU fans.
:deevee:

Hey, you aren't even one of the arrogant ones, really. Do you read your fellow fans posts? What's funny is they couldn't have named a player on the team last year and now all of a sudden they are the most arrogant, retarded posters on the internet.

Braincase
12-03-2007, 03:03 PM

Hey, you aren't even one of the arrogant ones, really. Do you read your fellow fans posts? What's funny is they couldn't have named a player on the team last year and now all of a sudden they are the most arrogant, retarded posters on the internet.

Sayeth the man who regards KSU's current crop as THE GREATEST RECRUITING CLASS OF ALL TIME...

How's that 2008 crop panning out? ROFL

BTW, we held the Mayo...

Lzen
12-03-2007, 03:05 PM
No, it has nothing to do with that. Nebraska fans are not nearly as arrogant as KU fans (although they are much more delusional, and weird).

LOL@ the "BCS games regularly" comment, too, btw. Well placed.

I wasn't talking about KU when I said BCS games regularly. C'mon, bro. I think you knew what I meant.

Saulbadguy
12-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Sayeth the man who regards KSU's current crop as THE GREATEST RECRUITING CLASS OF ALL TIME...

How's that 2008 crop panning out? ROFL

BTW, we held the Mayo...
:)

GRCOAT is alive and well!

Lzen
12-03-2007, 03:08 PM

Yes, I know there are some idiots. I know there are some arrogant ones. I also know there are some bandwagoners. We could argue why until we're blue in the face. It doesn't change the fact that every single fan base has them. Teams that tend to go to Final Fours in hoops or teams that go to BCS games often likely have more of those arrogant fans. It is just a matter of perception and on which side of that perception does your own team stand.

DJay23
12-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Yep, MU had over 500 yards of offense. But KU had nearly 400 themselves. MU 29 first downs to KU's 22. Congrats on the win. Your team proved to be better. But let's not kid ourselves into thinking that MU destroyed KU. MU destroyed CU. KU destroyed ISU. MU did not destroy KU.
Ding Ding! The Mizzou argument that they just, "let off the gas" is sheer bullshit. You mean to tell me they went through the season absolutely obliterating teams and then decide against their bitter rival on a national stage, with a chance to show off, in the 4th quarter, aww let's take it easy. I'm not buying it.

Now I don't have the game on tape or anything, but I seem to remember noticing a blocking adjustment that KU's offensive line made to deal with the pressure Mizzou was getting. I was getting pretty drunk by that point, and correct me if I'm wrong, but up until that safety it seemed like KU's line was redirecting a lot of Mizzou's pressure around the ends leaving the middle open for Reesing to scan the field. I could be wrong.

Missouri won fair and square. They came out like gangbusters on D and KU looked lost on offense in the first half.