CupidStunt
12-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Awful. Just awful.

DMAC
12-02-2007, 06:22 PM
What's new.

DaFace
12-02-2007, 06:22 PM
I agree, but have no sympathy for you. Sorry.

Bowser
12-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Where did Mizzou end up?

petegz28
12-02-2007, 06:24 PM
I agree, but have no sympathy for you. Sorry.

I'm sorry. Did I give you the impression I wanted your sympathy?

DMAC
12-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Where did Mizzou end up?
Cotton Bowl vs Arkansas

Bowser
12-02-2007, 06:25 PM
Cotton Bowl vs Arkansas

Thanks.

petegz28
12-02-2007, 06:26 PM
I am just trying to understand how KU goes ahead of MU when MU won the Big 12 and beat KU?

Tha's like telling the Chiefs they get to go to the playoffs even though San Diego won the division!

Braincase
12-02-2007, 06:27 PM
I am just trying to understand how KU goes ahead of MU when MU won the Big 12 and beat KU?

Tha's like telling the Chiefs they get to go to the playoffs even though San Diego won the division!

KU lost to #4. MU lost to #9.

dj56dt58
12-02-2007, 06:28 PM

eh..playing an extra game would just give the Chiefs another chance to lose..Herm would play it safe and humbly decline..

kstater
12-02-2007, 06:29 PM
I'm glad this didn't end up in the thread discussing the BCS games.

DaFace
Sometimes the geniuses at Wikipedia crack me up:

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6599/wikikb7.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotton_Bowl_%28game%29#2000s

ROFL

DMAC
KU lost to #4. MU lost to #9.Hawaii is undefeated...your point?

CupidStunt

KU lost to the Cotton Bowl team. MU lost to the Fiesta Bowl team.

KU LOST TO MU.

KU fans should just hide under a rock and jerk off to this abortion of a system, not defend it. There is NO defending it. MU got HOSED.

petegz28

but KU lost to MU and MU won the Big 12 North.

And all they got was ****ed in the ass and KU somehow gets rewarded for losing the Big 12 north.

Brock
12-02-2007, 06:32 PM
Didn't everybody know that was going to happen?

Bump
12-02-2007, 06:36 PM

KU LOST TO MU.

KU fans should just hide under a rock and jerk off to this abortion of a system, not defend it. There is NO defending it. MU got HOSED.

why so much hatred? after KU lost to MU I noticed a lot of KU fans admitting defeat and were classy about it. We lost to #4 while we were #2 by 6 points, you guys took the #1 spot and got blown out immediately after. We all know the BCS is BS. But we got the better bowl and we deserve it.

DMAC
12-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Oh well, as a Mizzou fan, I am happier with the Border War win than I would be a BCS bowl.

petegz28
12-02-2007, 06:38 PM
why so much hatred? after KU lost to MU I noticed a lot of KU fans admitting defeat and were classy about it. We lost to #4 while we were #2 by 6 points, you guys took the #1 spot and got blown out immediately after. We all know the BCS is BS. But we got the better bowl and we deserve it.

Why do you deserve it? You never even got to #1. MU beat Illinois and oh yea...KU too.

BigMeatballDave
12-02-2007, 06:39 PM
True, MU got hosed in this, but all they had to do was win last night. They have no one to blame but themselves.

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Let me get this straight, we beat KU and go to the conference championship and lose to OU while KU does nothing and gets rewarded

That sounds fair

Bump
12-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Why do you deserve it? You never even got to #1. MU beat Illinois and oh yea...KU too.

nevermind, it's just how it worked out and the only way to solve it is with a playoff. I can sit here and go on about how we deserve it and you will have your response each time and we'll get nowhere. It is what it is. MU fans....lol, there is no arguing with them unless you want to waste a lot of time.

Braincase

We only had one loss to GOD'S VERY OWN FOOTBALL TEAM! Mizzou lost to a bunch of probationed, one-balled, limping meth-heads TWICE. God hates you now.

Bump
Does it even matter, it's not like we're in the championship game.

Guru
The BCS has always been broken. MU is inheriting the KSU curse is all.

jjchieffan
12-02-2007, 06:42 PM
I just dont see how any idiot doing the selecting can justify leaving a team that was #1 in the nation just 24 hours ago out of the BCS games .Its bullshit!! Win and you are in the championship game, lose and you dont even get a BCS berth. F*CK the BCS!! :cuss: :banghead:

Spott
In case anyone is interested, here is some contact info for the President of the Orange Bowl Selection Committee.

THOMAS D. WOOD Jr.
tomjr@tdwood.com
Main Office: (305) 447-7820
Fax: (305) 447-7840

http://www.tdwood.com/coral_gables_office/thomas_wood_jr.html

petegz28
We only had one loss to GOD'S VERY OWN FOOTBALL TEAM! Mizzou lost to a bunch of probationed, one-balled, limping meth-heads TWICE. God hates you now.

You didn't earn the privledge to lose 2 games. :)

DomerNKC
12-02-2007, 06:43 PM
They were both phonies. What a horrible season of football. I don't know if any team deserves to be called national champion in this abortion of a season.

KevB
12-02-2007, 06:43 PM
But we got the better bowl and we deserve it.

I don't like either KU or MU, but this is laughable.

KevB
12-02-2007, 06:44 PM
I just dont see how any idiot doing the selecting can justify leaving a team that was #1 in the nation just 24 hours ago out of the BCS games .Its bullshit!! Win and you are in the championship game, lose and you dont even get a BCS berth. F*CK the BCS!! :cuss: :banghead:

Now how would you feel if you fell all the way to the Alamo Bowl?

Braincase
12-02-2007, 06:44 PM
You didn't earn the privledge to lose 2 games. :)

And you aren't fun enough to be invited to a BCS game. They wanted people that know how to party, not a bunch of brooding pouters.

Demonpenz
12-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Missouri still had a great year if you want the rainbow you have to withstand the santa clause
-unknown

BigMeatballDave
12-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Let me get this straight, we beat KU and go to the conference championship and lose to OU while KU does nothing and gets rewarded

That sounds fairIts punishment for getting your asses handed to you last night.
:)

ROYC75
12-02-2007, 06:48 PM
This is probally just a guess, MU lost to OU by 21 and by , what was it, 10, 2 losses instead of just 1 loss by 8 points ?

The whole BCS is wacked....... why try to explain it, Ohio State is not, Nor is LSU the 2 best teams in the country right now.

ROYC75
12-02-2007, 06:49 PM

ROFL Rep........

Demonpenz
12-02-2007, 06:49 PM
oddly sexy lady: I would like some Curly fries
yelling guy: GeT SOME gLASSES oUR FRIES DOn't CURL!

petegz28
12-02-2007, 06:50 PM
This is probally just a guess, MU lost to OU by 21 and by , what was it, 10, 2 losses instead of just 1 loss by 8 points ?

The whole BCS is wacked....... why try to explain it, Ohio State is not, Nor is LSU the 2 best teams in the country right now.

Cause KU wasn't good enough to get to play 13 games cause they lost to MU???

Spott
The bottom line is that we have scoreboard 2 years in a row and the better team has already been proven.

DomerNKC
MU definately got exposed as a fraud last night. OU isn't even that good this year and they took you to the woodshed. Take care of business, you sneak into the national championship game to be exposed. Since you proved who you really were, you got what you got. Deal with it.

Bump
12-02-2007, 06:51 PM
I don't like either KU or MU, but this is laughable.

not really. We went 10-1. I guess the Big 12 is the worst conference in the nation if that is laughable.

BigMeatballDave
12-02-2007, 06:51 PM
They were both phonies. What a horrible season of football. I don't know if any team deserves to be called national champion in this abortion of a season.Horrible season? Are you high? I'd say its been a great season. Even if OSU gets clocked, which is highly possible, it will still have been a great season of college football.

Brock
12-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Horrible season? Are you high? I'd say its been a great season. Even if OSU gets clocked, which is highly possible, it will still have been a great season of college football.

He's only saying that because the Golden Helmeted Homos are one of the suckiest college teams ever.

petegz28
12-02-2007, 06:52 PM
MU definately got exposed as a fraud last night. OU isn't even that good this year and they took you to the woodshed. Take care of business, you sneak into the national championship game to be exposed. Since you proved who you really were, you got what you got. Deal with it.

And they still beat KU.

DomerNKC
12-02-2007, 06:54 PM
bad season for us that is for sure. 13 national championships. whatcha got brock?

Braincase
12-02-2007, 06:55 PM
And they still beat KU.

Pride always cometh before the fall. KU knows that well.

Brock
12-02-2007, 06:55 PM
bad season for us that is for sure. 13 national championships. whatcha got brock?

I'm betting their last NC was before you were born. You're basically the Yankee fan of college football.

petegz28
12-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Pride always cometh before the fall. KU knows that well.

What does pride hae to do with the fact that MU beat KU, MU won the Big 12 north and is still ranked higher than KU?

I am not mad at KU I am really questioning the system and why MU got hosed for winning the Big 12 north and KU is getting rewarded for losing it?

DomerNKC
12-02-2007, 06:57 PM
And they still beat KU.I don't got a dog in the fight. All I am sayin is that ALL either team had to do was take care of business in their last game and they would be receiving the respect that they say they deserve. I really wanted to see a local team be in the game. Pisses me off that neither team is very good.

Sure-Oz
12-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Congrats to the Bullshit College System

petegz28
12-02-2007, 06:59 PM
I don't got a dog in the fight. All I am sayin is that ALL either team had to do was take care of business in their last game and they would be receiving the respect that they say they deserve. I really wanted to see a local team be in the game. Pisses me off that neither team is very good.

MU beat KU and Illinois and both got slotted higher than MU.

That is insane!

Dartgod
12-02-2007, 06:59 PM
ROFL

Well, if anyone knew anything about being a fraud, it would be a Notre Dame fan.

DomerNKC
12-02-2007, 07:00 PM
I'm betting their last NC was before you were born. You're basically the Yankee fan of college football.1967 is before 1988 genius. Somehow Notre Dame got brought into this. We suck this year. Absolutely. No doubt about it. We may not be any good for a long time either. That does not change the fact that KU and MU had one hell of a charade going on this year.

ROYC75
12-02-2007, 07:01 PM
Cause KU wasn't good enough to get to play 13 games cause they lost to MU???

OTOH, MU was bad enough to lose to the same team, worst the 2nd time......... So your point is ?

Sure it sucks for MU that they are over looked, losing twice had something to do with it, I'm sure, losing the 2nd game by 21 has some.

Since KU got placed in front of MU, you are even more pissed.......

I must admit, it sweet watching Tigger Nation melt down.

DomerNKC
12-02-2007, 07:02 PM
ROFL

Well, if anyone knew anything about being a fraud, it would be a Notre Dame fan....and if anyone knew what it took to win a national championship it would be a Notre Dame fan. Last time I checked we have 13 and KU and MU still have zero.

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 07:02 PM
OTOH, MU was bad enough to lose to the same team, worst the 2nd time......... So your point is ?

Sure it sucks for MU that they are over looked, losing twice had something to do with it, I'm sure, losing the 2nd game by 21 has some.

Of course it is for you, you gotta get us on the message board because you sure as **** can't get us on the football field

Spott
12-02-2007, 07:03 PM
In case anyone is interested, here is some contact info for the President of the Orange Bowl Selection Committee.

THOMAS D. WOOD Jr.
tomjr@tdwood.com
Main Office: (305) 447-7820
Fax: (305) 447-7840

http://www.tdwood.com/coral_gables_office/thomas_wood_jr.html

Forgot to add a picture of the tool.

KevB
not really. We went 10-1. I guess the Big 12 is the worst conference in the nation if that is laughable.

Please explain to me how KU gets in ahead of MU. Please, break it down for me.

Braincase
What does pride hae to do with the fact that MU beat KU, MU won the Big 12 north and is still ranked higher than KU?

I am not mad at KU I am really questioning the system and why MU got hosed for winning the Big 12 north and KU is getting rewarded for losing it?

Hey, I'm just yanking your chain. KU got the luck of the draw, and I think you have to blame the formulas. Like I pointed out earlier, KU's loss was #2 losing to #4. MU's latest loss to OU was #1 losing to #9. I don't know that it matters as much who, by name, you lost to as who, by ranking and when. OSU lost to Illinois, but their getting in to the championship was pretty fortuitous, as was KU's placement in the Orange. Don't know how to explain it, and MU did get screwed, but I'm not going to feel real bad about it.

Maybe we ought to get together for a beer and laugh it off.

DomerNKC
MU beat KU and Illinois and both got slotted higher than MU.

That is insane!I agree, the system is worthless.

Ceej
12-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Justice...I'm glad KU got a better bowl because Peter has been doing nothing but bitching and whining.

But, FTR, you guys did get hosed. HAH!

Mosbonian
12-02-2007, 07:04 PM

10 of those were before 1973....and 8 of those were before 1950. You need something better than ancient history.

If you want to play that game you're not much better than Yale....they have 11.

mmaddog

ROYC75
12-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Of course it is for you, you gotta get us on the message board because you sure as **** can't get us on the football field

On that night, MU was better. They took KU out of their game plan. Credit MU, How much better, enough that night , for sure. KU did make it interesting in the end....... That's something MU didn't do to OU last night.

petegz28
12-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Hey, I'm just yanking your chain. KU got the luck of the draw, and I think you have to blame the formulas. Like I pointed out earlier, KU's loss was #2 losing to #4. MU's latest loss to OU was #1 losing to #9. I don't know that it matters as much who, by name, you lost to as who, by ranking and when. OSU lost to Illinois, but their getting in to the championship was pretty fortuitous, as was KU's placement in the Orange. Don't know how to explain it, and MU did get screwed, but I'm not going to feel real bad about it.

Maybe we ought to get together for a beer and laugh it off.

Don't get me wrong I am not hating on KU. If I were a KU fan I woul dbe very happy right now but I also would know in the back of my head MU got hosed. It wasn't like KU made the decision or anything.

DomerNKC
12-02-2007, 07:07 PM
10 of those were before 1973....and 8 of those were before 1950. You need something better than ancient history.

If you want to play that game you're not much better than Yale....they have 11.

mmaddog
*******and your point is? At what point do you erase accomplishments? Does it not count after 10 years 15 years? When do you discredit it? Please let me know.

beer bacon
12-02-2007, 07:07 PM
MU beat both KU and Illinois, MU finished ahead of both teams in the BCS, and both of those teams are going to BCS Bowls while MU plays an 8-4 team. There is no justification.

beer bacon
12-02-2007, 07:08 PM
On that night, MU was better. They took KU out of their game plan. Credit MU, How much better, enough that night , for sure. KU did make it interesting in the end....... That's something MU didn't do to OU last night.

KU's best win was against 7-5 Texas A&M.

Braincase
12-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Don't get me wrong I am not hating on KU. If I were a KU fan I woul dbe very happy right now but I also would know in the back of my head MU got hosed. It wasn't like KU made the decision or anything.

It sucks to win the battle then lose the war. Yeah, Mizzou should've been awarded the second spot. KU got lucky, but we'll take the money and run. Takes alot of bucks to keep Mangino in spiral cut honey glazed hams and potatos au grautin. And desserts... christ you ought to see what he just goes through in freakin' cheesecake.

Demonpenz
12-02-2007, 07:11 PM
Notre dame is 10 times the acedemic prostatution the bcs teams are

irishjayhawk
12-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Don't lump me in the BCS defending squad.

My only thoughts are these:

1) Don't lose late.
2) Conference championships should be mandatory or done away with.

ROYC75
12-02-2007, 07:14 PM
KU's best win was against 7-5 Texas A&M.

More like KU's best win was MU getting punked by 21 from OU....... ;)

DomerNKC
12-02-2007, 07:14 PM
Notre dame is 10 times the acedemic prostatution the bcs teams arewhat do you mean by that?

Mosbonian
12-02-2007, 07:16 PM
and your point is? At what point do you erase accomplishments? Does it not count after 10 years 15 years? When do you discredit it? Please let me know.

My point was this.....that is very ancient history and a totally different game.

Living with titles you have in the past is just an excuse for not accepting that your team has stunk for the past few years.

I'm not going to whine about our placement....we had our own destiny in our hands and we blew it big time. We have no one to blame but ourselves. What's worse is that we lost so bad...if it had been close we would probably still be in the BCS.

Our only consolation....beat the crap out of Arkansas and wait for the teams ahead of us to lose. Then maybe when it is all over with we can get back into the Top 5 in the final Poll.

mmaddog

KCFalcon59
12-02-2007, 07:18 PM
It sucks to win the battle then lose the war. Yeah, Mizzou should've been awarded the second spot. KU got lucky, but we'll take the money and run. Takes alot of bucks to keep Mangino in spiral cut honey glazed hams and potatos au grautin. And desserts... christ you ought to see what he just goes through in freakin' cheesecake.

Not to mention all the extra betting lines in Vegas!!!!

Terribilis
12-02-2007, 07:19 PM
He's only saying that because the Golden Helmeted Homos are one of the suckiest college teams ever.
ROFL

Mosbonian
12-02-2007, 07:19 PM

Ok.....now that's funny.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

mmaddog

duncan_idaho
12-02-2007, 07:23 PM
This sucks - Missouri got hosed, but there are plenty of reasons for Tiger fans to be happy:

1) Missouri gets the same amount of money from the BCS as it would had it made the game - BCS payout x 2, divided by 12.
2) The Cotton Bowl probably is the most prestigious non-BCS bowl
3) Dallas is in the heart of Missouri's secondary recruiting country (and kansas', too)
4) Two of the Heisman finalists will be playing in the Cotton Bowl, which will attract a ton of national attention. What's the national storyline for Va Tech/kansas?
5) Missouri will have a great presence at the bowl game.

Tactical Funky
12-02-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm happy my Jayhawks are in the Orange Bowl and, unfortunately for MU, having lost to a great OU team twice is what killed their chances due to BCS rules.

What a crazy season. I guess our only loss being to a highly ranked team is what kept us afloat despite the relatively weak schedule. Then again, is it KU's fault that the Big 12 was generally soft this year?

At least our non-con next year won't be so awful...

ROYC75
12-02-2007, 07:26 PM
This sucks - Missouri got hosed, but there are plenty of reasons for Tiger fans to be happy:

1) Missouri gets the same amount of money from the BCS as it would had it made the game - BCS payout x 2, divided by 12.
3) Dallas is in the heart of Missouri's secondary recruiting country (and kansas', too)
4) Two of the Heisman finalists will be playing in the Cotton Bowl, which will attract a ton of national attention. What's the national storyline for Va Tech/kansas?

Nice post....... This is reality folks, nothing to sneeze at. It would have been fine by me if KU was in the Cotton Bowl as well.

petegz28
12-02-2007, 07:28 PM

Yeah but you really have wonder about the system. This just makes 0 sense at all. OU a 2 team loss is ahead of both KU and MU. But MU is behind KU though MU beat KU and Illinois who is also ahead of MU but not KU though they beat OU.

All I can say is FU BCS!!!

Reerun_KC
12-02-2007, 07:29 PM

KU LOST TO MU.

This is making my day... Watching you whine is better than the Chiefs winning....

ROFL

Thanks for making my day!

irishjayhawk
12-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Yeah but you really have wonder about the system. This just makes 0 sense at all. OU a 2 team loss is ahead of both KU and MU. But MU is behind KU though MU beat KU and Illinois who is also ahead of MU but not KU though they beat OU.

The BCS rarely fails to out do itself.

HC_Chief
12-02-2007, 07:30 PM

Now THIS is the take of a thoughtful MU fan! MU is going to play in a bowl MUCH closer to home, meaning more fans can make the trek, AND they're playing their bowl in the middle of their prime recruiting grounds.

KU, on the other hand, has to travel to Miami FL and play an East coast team. The BCS basically did VT a favor: "Here you go, since you won your conference, you get to play a midwest team somewhat close to home (much closer than your opponent, that's for sure)".

I am actually kind of pissed... I was hoping for either the Fiesta Bowl -v- OU, or the Cotton Bowl: which is close / a relatively short drive.

duncan_idaho
12-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Nice post....... This is reality folks, nothing to sneeze at. It would have been fine by me if KU was in the Cotton Bowl as well.

I left out...

Missouri will have a great chance to win 12 games for the first time in school history and finish in the top 5 in the final poll. That should lead to AT worst a preseason top 10 ranking next year, possibly top 5.

siberian khatru
12-02-2007, 07:31 PM
More like KU's best win was MU getting punked by 21 from OU....... ;)

Heh, that's actually funny and probably accurate.

siberian khatru
12-02-2007, 07:32 PM

No. 3 is probably the most important. That's the thin reed I've been trying to hang onto this evening.

Brock
12-02-2007, 07:33 PM

Jesus Christ, did you just start paying attention to college football? This has been going on for a decade or more.

ROYC75
12-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Heh, that's actually funny and probably accurate.

I actually meant it, KU moved up to the Orange because of the poor showing against OU last night.

petegz28
12-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Jesus Christ, did you just start paying attention to college football? This has been going on for a decade or more.

Honestly when it comes to college football I am an MU fn and tht is it. When MU quits I quit. I am an NFL person but I like MU so I follow them in football and basketball. So some of this crap is new to me.

Ari ümlaüt
12-02-2007, 07:34 PM
I guess this is another arrow of hate in the quiver of the MU fan toward KU.

Ceej
12-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Alright Peter, we get it. You dislike the BCS.

Now move along retard.

Mosbonian
12-02-2007, 07:36 PM
I left out...

Missouri will have a great chance to win 12 games for the first time in school history and finish in the top 5 in the final poll. That should lead to AT worst a preseason top 10 ranking next year, possibly top 5.

Didn't I say that in one of my posts?

:harumph:

mmaddog

petegz28

Now move along retard.

Get lost before I tell your mom you are on the computer instead of brushing your teeth and going to bed for school tomorrow.

KC_Connection
Isn't this pete guy the douche that laughed at KU after beating them? He deserves this.

Mosbonian
12-02-2007, 07:37 PM

Now move along retard.

Could you maybe find a better word? :shake:

mmaddog

petegz28
12-02-2007, 07:37 PM
Isn't this pete guy the douche that laughed at KU after beating them? He deserves this.

Yes after MU beat KU.

That has not changed.

Ceej
12-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Alright, we get it.

You don't like the BCS Peter.

Now move along....uhh, hmm..bitch tits?

Mosbonian
12-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Alright, we get it.

You don't like the BCS Peter.

Now move along....uhh, hmm..bitch tits?

Thank you

Ceej
12-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Bitch tits was the best I could do, sorry, I was drawing a blank.

ROYC75
12-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Yes after MU beat KU.

That has not changed.

That's why it is killing Pete so much...... He hates KU and was mocking KU , even after MU bout gave it away.

Braincase
12-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Yes after MU beat KU.

That has not changed.

Neither has the BCS rankings in the last few hours. See chain, yank chain. :)

luv
12-02-2007, 07:45 PM

Didn't OU also lose twice?

petegz28
12-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Bitch tits was the best I could do, sorry, I was drawing a blank.

There's a ****ing suprise :)

Skip Towne
12-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Watching the MUrons whine is great sport. When the refs aren't screwing them the bowls are.

petegz28
12-02-2007, 07:49 PM
Watching the MUrons whine is great sport. When the refs aren't screwing them the bowls are.

WTF do you mean? Did the tv in your trailer not show you the 14 penalties called on MU and KU still lost?

Ceej
12-02-2007, 07:49 PM
Oh, God. Peter still pissing and moaning about the KU/MU game.

Man, you're worse than a woman.

Frazod
12-02-2007, 07:50 PM
We can continue to mock you all we want. A bunch of Floriduh retards picking you over us doesn't change anything between us. Remember, these are the same idiots who can't even punch holes correctly.

We are the superior team. We won. You know it. Every squawking Gayhawk who posts here knows it.

SCOREBOARD.

One single, undeniable, untouchable word. No matter what undeserved accolades KU is handed by BCS scumbags, you can't touch it, or deny it, or hide from it behind a BCS smokescreen.

WE. OWN. YOU. PERIOD. THE END.

luv
12-02-2007, 07:51 PM

:spock:

Mosbonian

Nah...this time we screwed ourselves.

But don't worry.....there's time for the Officials to screw us over in the Cotton Bowl game. :)

mmaddog

petegz28

wtf would you know about women? :)

Ceej
ZING!!!!!!

Skip Towne
12-02-2007, 07:52 PM
WTF do you mean? Did the tv in your trailer not show you the 14 penalties called on MU and KU still lost?
:deevee:

Mosbonian
12-02-2007, 07:53 PM
We can continue to mock you all we want. A bunch of Floriduh retards picking you over us doesn't change anything between us. Remember, these are the same idiots who can't even punch holes correctly.

We are the superior team. We won. You know it. Every squawking Gayhawk who posts here knows it.

SCOREBOARD.

One single, undeniable, untouchable word. No matter what undeserved accolades KU is handed by BCS scumbags, you can't touch it, or deny it, or hide from it behind a BCS smokescreen.

Fraz.....

I just got all over someone else for that word :doh!:

mmaddog
being PC

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 07:54 PM
I love that we got picked over Missouri. It's just so illogical it's funny. I'll take it, though.

petegz28
12-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Fraz.....

I just got all over someone else for that word :doh!:

mmaddog
being PC

Hey I am sorry but in his defense with Florida and all that really is an accurate assesment.

Skip Towne
12-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Nah...this time we screwed ourselves.

But don't worry.....there's time for the Officials to screw us over in the Cotton Bowl game. :)

mmaddog
Good one! Rep

ROYC75
12-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Didn't OU also lose twice?

Not to the same team and by double the points in the 2nd loss....... That has alot to do with it.

Had MU lost to KU and KU got drilled by OU, Chances are that MU would be in the Orange Bowl instead of KU. That 21 point loss last night was a telling blow. MU had a bad game and got manhandled..... KU had a bad game and only lost by 8 points....... Had KU gotten that onside kick, KU would have beat MU.

Most MU fans fail to see this, it's the 21 point loss to the same team that is keeping them from the Orange Bowl.

For me, I'm thrilled MU lost last night........ The prestige of playing for a NC and the free press, the recruiting on the national picture was a plus for KU's ability to keep up with MU on a more local recruiting scene.

MU has had a fantastic year, alot to be proud of, they will have a very good game with Arkansas, right in the heart of the Texas recruiting trail, where KU, MU, Arkansas, OU, Tx,TT,aTm, and the likes to see........

Props to MU on a fine season........ Thanks for taking a whooping last night even more.

;)

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 07:58 PM
I love that we got picked over Missouri. It's just so illogical it's funny. I'll take it, though.

You still don't understand that the Orange means as much as the brown stain on your underwear

luv
12-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Not to the same team and by double the points in the 2nd loss....... That has alot to do with it.

Had MU lost to KU and KU got drilled by OU, Chances are that MU would be in the Orange Bowl instead of KU. That 21 point loss last night was a telling blow. MU had a bad game and got manhandled..... KU had a bad game and only lost by 8 points....... Had KU gotten that onside kick, KU would have beat MU.

Most MU fans fail to see this, it's the 21 point loss to the same team that is keeping them from the Orange Bowl.

For me, I'm thrilled MU lost last night........ The prestige of playing for a NC and the free press, the recruiting on the national picture was a plus for KU's ability to keep up with MU on a more local recruiting scene.

MU has had a fantastic year, alot to be proud of, they will have a very good game with Arkansas, right in the heart of the Texas recruiting trail, where KU, MU, Arkansas, OU, Tx,TT,aTm, and the likes to see........

Props to MU on a fine season........ Thanks for taking a whooping last night even more.

;)
So strength of schedule and beating KU had nothing to do with the decision? Hmmm...I guess not...lol.

Frazod
12-02-2007, 07:59 PM

It would have been fun to watch you sob like a little girl when Mighty Mouse got sacked in the endzone to seal the deal last Saturday. That game thread was a great read, Skippy. You vanished faster than a t-bone in a wolf cage after that. I guess not everybody's cut out to stick around and take their lumps like a man, though. Maybe next year.

HC_Chief
12-02-2007, 08:00 PM

SCOREBOARD.

You don't "own" shit.
You've been "that" guy... the one Big XII fans point to when they say "You know, MU fans sure are a bunch of whiny, annoying f*cksticks". You want to know WHY MU is continually f*cked over by the sporting gods? KARMA.

Scoreboard, cosmos.... beeeeeeeeeyotch! :D

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 08:00 PM
10 years from now no one will give a **** about who was in the Orange bowl, but we all will remember who whipped whose ass at Arrowhead

Reerun_KC
12-02-2007, 08:01 PM

SCOREBOARD.

Posts like this are making it all the better....

Thanks Frazod. Besides, we dont need validating, MU fans are doing enough for us...

I cant wait to listen to all the phone calls in the morning to either 610 or 810...

What a beautiful day.

petegz28
12-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Mizzou #6, KU #8, Illinois #13.

Those are the BCS rankings. Go figure that shit out!

Reerun_KC
12-02-2007, 08:02 PM
10 years from now no one will give a **** about who was in the Orange bowl, but we all will remember who whipped whose ass at Arrowhead
We will?

I guess you have to hang your hat on something...

Thanks for playing...

Ceej
12-02-2007, 08:03 PM
:(

ROYC75
12-02-2007, 08:04 PM
So strength of schedule and beating KU had nothing to do with the decision? Hmmm...I guess not...lol.

FTR, Nope, it didn't ........ someday you will understand dear.

Skip Towne
12-02-2007, 08:05 PM
It would have been fun to watch you sob like a little girl when Mighty Mouse got sacked in the endzone to seal the deal last Saturday. That game thread was a great read, Skippy. You vanished faster than a t-bone in a wolf cage after that. I guess not everybody's cut out to stick around and take their lumps like a man, though. Maybe next year.
You can't deny this is great comedy. OU asspounds MU until late into the night yesterday then they get up this morning and the BCS kicks them in the nuts. It doesn't get much better than that. :LOL:

Pierce
12-02-2007, 08:06 PM
You can't deny this is great comedy. OU asspounds MU until late into the night yesterday then they get up this morning and the BCS kicks them in the nuts. It doesn't get much better than that. :LOL:

It's sad, but true. Sucks for MU.

DomerNKC
12-02-2007, 08:10 PM
My point was this.....that is very ancient history and a totally different game.

Living with titles you have in the past is just an excuse for not accepting that your team has stunk for the past few years.

I'm not going to whine about our placement....we had our own destiny in our hands and we blew it big time. We have no one to blame but ourselves. What's worse is that we lost so bad...if it had been close we would probably still be in the BCS.

Our only consolation....beat the crap out of Arkansas and wait for the teams ahead of us to lose. Then maybe when it is all over with we can get back into the Top 5 in the final Poll.

mmaddog
*******You must admit that it is quite predictable that a team that never won a title thinks that titles mean nothing. This year our team stunk. It was a laughable attempt at football. Our last few seasons have been respectable but not top ten worthy. A few of our last ten seasons would have been the best season ever for MU. Notice I didn't include undefeated national championship teams coached by Knute Rockne, i said a few of our teams in the last 10 seasons. Not ancient history at all. It is easy to live with Titles we have in the past because we at least HAVE titles in the past. Our last football championship was the same year KU won the basketball championship last. Why would you wish to be where you have never belonged anyway (top 5)?

Tits McGee
12-02-2007, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=kcpasco]10 years from now no one will give a **** about who was in the Orange bowl, but we all will remember who whipped whose ass at Arrowhead

Thank god we didn't in up in the f#ck'in Holiday Bowl!
I kind of like the match up anyway, I think both Mizzou and Arkansas were overlooked all year. And as a bonus we can watch kU get it ass handed to them again in the Orange Bowl.

Frazod
12-02-2007, 08:11 PM
You don't "own" shit.
You've been "that" guy... the one Big XII fans point to when they say "You know, MU fans sure are a bunch of whiny, annoying f*cksticks". You want to know WHY MU is continually f*cked over by the sporting gods? KARMA.

Scoreboard, cosmos.... beeeeeeeeeyotch! :D

Skip is that guy.
Kc_connected is that guy.
AriChi3fs is that guy.
ArrowheadHawk is that guy.
And guess what - YOU are that guy.

As for karma, that will come when you get killed by Virginia Tech. National embarrassment, Take 2.

Frazod
12-02-2007, 08:12 PM

I'm happy you enjoyed the asspounding that your frauds were unable to deliver themselves. That's gotta sting.

Jayhawkerman2001
12-02-2007, 08:13 PM
you guys twice lost to the team that lost to texas tech and colorado. I can definitely see where that would have persuaded the voters.

HC_Chief
12-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Skip is that guy.
Kc_connected is that guy.
AriChi3fs is that guy.
ArrowheadHawk is that guy.
And guess what - YOU are that guy.

As for karma, that will come when you get killed by Virginia Tech. National embarrassment, Take 2.

ROFL
poor widdle tigger :D

Tits McGee
12-02-2007, 08:18 PM
When the dust settles from the bowl games Missouri will finish in front of Kansas, don't kid yourself, really.

Jayhawkerman2001
12-02-2007, 08:18 PM
fraz, just take a chill pill man. i love ya when your tigers are winning, but god damn you're hard to deal with when they lose.

Frazod
12-02-2007, 08:19 PM
ROFL
poor widdle tigger :D

We won, idiot. Missouri isn't in charge of undeserved bowl gifts; we can't control that. Missouri is in charge of kicking Jayhoax ass. Mission accomplished. And you know it.

Scoreboard.

Such a lovely word.

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 08:20 PM
When the dust settles from the bowl games Missouri will finish in front of Kansas, don't kid yourself, really.

LOL no kidding

Even though KU goes to a BCS Mizzou could still finish ahead of them in the polls

college football FTL

ROFL

RickObie
If Denkinger doesn't blow that call at first, Missouri is a BCS game, you can bet your ass on that.

Bill S Preston
MU shouldn't get too pissed. The whole bowl system is incredibly flawed. Just rest assured that KU will lose by 17+ points to a good VT team.

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm salivating over the Arkansas D

And Virginia Tech is gonna bring the pain against you jayhawks

|Zach|
No worries, they know they can't beat a good team. They are just enjoying their ride. And why wouldn't they? They will be mediocre next year.

Frazod
fraz, just take a chill pill man. i love ya when your tigers are winning, but god damn you're hard to deal with when they lose.

We didn't lose anything to KU. That fact is seemingly lost on some of you. Perhaps I should bump the gamethread.

Sure-Oz
12-02-2007, 08:22 PM
No worries, they know they can't beat a good team. They are just enjoying their ride. And why wouldn't they? They will be mediocre next year.
So true, i am just depressed about the loss last night. wtf can you do the boston can suck it, sucks

DJJasonp
12-02-2007, 08:23 PM
If Denkinger doesn't blow that call at first, Missouri is a BCS game, you can bet your ass on that.

rep ROFL

|Zach|
12-02-2007, 08:23 PM
So true, i am just depressed about the loss last night. wtf can you do the boston can suck it, sucks
Everyone knows what the deal is...

Jayhawkerman2001
12-02-2007, 08:24 PM
We didn't lose anything to KU. That fact is seemingly lost on some of you. Perhaps I should bump the gamethread.

i didnt say they you lost to us, im talking about last night and losing out on the BCS

KCinNY
12-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Mizzou guys:

Don't let the KU trolls get under your skin. Mizzou has the best non-BCS bowl in prime recruiting country against a team with next years #1 overall draft choice. KU has the BCS Orange Bowl which very few people outside of Virginia and Kansas will watch.

And of course, Mizzou has scoreboard.

Jayhawkerman2001
12-02-2007, 08:30 PM
im not one to poke fun at all, but every single MU fan is way too ****ing arrogant

Tits McGee
12-02-2007, 08:32 PM
i didnt say they you lost to us, im talking about last night and losing out on the BCS

So what, Missouri loses out on a few bucks. We go yo the Cotton Bowl (Texas) play a good game steal a few recruits and go home a winner.

On the other hand Kansas gets exposed for what they are on national TV.

|Zach|
12-02-2007, 08:32 PM
im not one to poke fun at all, but every single MU fan is way too ****ing arrogant
We have a win over a top 40 team.

Do you?

Jayhawkerman2001
12-02-2007, 08:34 PM

Do you?

see, there you go again... be ****ing humble or something...

Cochise
12-02-2007, 08:35 PM

Beakers are calling MU fans arrogant. This is like Hitler calling Churchill a nazi.

Tits McGee
12-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Don't even think about Florida International as a top anything team.

DJJasonp
12-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Beakers are calling MU fans arrogant. This is like Hitler calling Churchill a nazi.

I'm a KU fan....and that's still damn funny!

DenverDanChiefsFan
12-02-2007, 08:37 PM
:deevee::deevee::deevee:

ROFL

Frazod
12-02-2007, 08:37 PM

I was fine last night. I never predicted victory over OU - I said I thought we had a 50/50 shot at best. Clearly that was wrong. I stuck around after the game was over and I gave props to OU and the two OU fans on here who weren't acting like asses.

IMO, we didn't lose out on the BCS - there are ten berths, and we are 6th ranked team. For whatever reason, the Orange Bowl scumbags picked a lesser team for their game. Doesn't change anything.

Regardless of what some here think.

|Zach|
12-02-2007, 08:38 PM
I was just giving you perspective. And I asked a question.

Tits McGee
12-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Hell, I might even go to the game. In Big D should be a lot of fun.

http://www.attcottonbowl.com/main/

crazycoffey
12-02-2007, 08:44 PM

Do you?

ROFL

Jayhawkerman2001
12-02-2007, 08:52 PM
I was fine last night. I never predicted victory over OU - I said I thought we had a 50/50 shot at best. Clearly that was wrong. I stuck around after the game was over and I gave props to OU and the two OU fans on here who weren't acting like asses.

IMO, we didn't lose out on the BCS - there are ten berths, and we are 6th ranked team. For whatever reason, the Orange Bowl scumbags picked a lesser team for their game. Doesn't change anything.

Regardless of what some here think.

in your defense, i was actually saying that if OU beat you guys, then we would/should be left out of the BCS, so yes, i was really surprised as well. I don't really feel like fighting or arguing about the subject but I really want to say this.

MU fans, you guys had an insanely kick ass season this year when nobody even came close to expecting you guys to even have a slight chance at a BCS championship birth. there isn't any need for you guys to make fun of anybody but the BCS for looking past you guys. Why not talk about Hawaii? they played nobody whatsoever, because they are in a lesser conference. Be humble and happy at the great season you had and don't think of this season with a bitter taste in your mouth.

Fellow KU fans. Again, we also had an insanely kick ass season when people predicted us to finish no better than 5th or 6th in the north. Be humble about our successes and don't **** with the MU guys, because truthfully, we got the luck of the draw on this one. they beat us fair and square. I truly believe that the only reason that we got ahead of them was because they lost twice to a team that lost to Colorado and Texas Tech.

everybody just be flippin happy, because this type of season doesn't come around very often for the both of our programs.

Frazod
12-02-2007, 08:55 PM
in your defense, i was actually saying that if OU beat you guys, then we would/should be left out of the BCS, so yes, i was really surprised as well. I don't really feel like fighting or arguing about the subject but I really want to say this.

MU fans, you guys had an insanely kick ass season this year when nobody even came close to expecting you guys to even have a slight chance at a BCS championship birth. there isn't any need for you guys to make fun of anybody but the BCS for looking past you guys. Why not talk about Hawaii? they played nobody whatsoever, because they are in a lesser conference. Be humble and happy at the great season you had and don't think of this season with a bitter taste in your mouth.

Fellow KU fans. Again, we also had an insanely kick ass season when people predicted us to finish no better than 5th or 6th in the north. Be humble about our successes and don't **** with the MU guys, because truthfully, we got the luck of the draw on this one. they beat us fair and square. I truly believe that the only reason that we got ahead of them was because they lost twice to a team that lost to Colorado and Texas Tech.

everybody just be flippin happy, because this type of season doesn't come around very often for the both of our programs.

Good post. Unfortunately, the usual suspects aren't taking this position.

Gravedigger
12-02-2007, 08:57 PM

KU LOST TO MU.

Meh you could also say that with such a staunt victory over #1 KU that MU losing to a #9 seed is really embarrassing. Either or maybe you shouldnt lose two games to the same team that you shouldve at least won one to.

petegz28
12-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Meh you could also say that with such a staunt victory over #2 KU that MU losing to a #9 seed is really embarrassing. Either or maybe you shouldnt lose two games to the same team that you shouldve at least won one to.

fixed your post

Tits McGee
12-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Meh you could also say that with such a staunt victory over #1 KU that MU losing to a #9 seed is really embarrassing. Either or maybe you shouldnt lose two games to the same team that you shouldve at least won one to.

Huh? When was kU #1?

crazycoffey
12-02-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm happily surprised for both programs, good season.

petegz28
Huh? When was kU #1?

In the words of Ron Burgundy...."I don't believe you"

Frazod
Huh? When was kU #1?

That would be NEVER.

Jayhawkerman2001
12-02-2007, 09:02 PM
a couple years ago? oh wait, that was basketball... crap...

Tits McGee
12-02-2007, 09:06 PM
I like the fact the Big XII has a championship game.
You win you get a shot for fame and glory. You lose, take what can get. It beats being a pussy on the sidelines watching everyone else play.

veist
12-02-2007, 09:31 PM
The whole system is a popularity contest, its never going to be "fair" in handing out BCS bids. Its not worth getting apoplectic over it though.

crazycoffey
12-02-2007, 09:37 PM
I like the fact the Big XII has a championship game.
You win you get a shot for fame and glory. You lose, take what can get. It beats being a pussy on the sidelines watching everyone else play.

I've always thought the same, but this year, Mizzou could only hurt itself by playing and losing. Without the championship game, they're playing in the title game.

Still happy with the program's success, hope for even more next year.

dirk digler
12-02-2007, 09:47 PM
First the BCS is a crock of shit. They need to have a playoff system then we wouldn't be arguing about stupid shit.

Second the BCS bowls should take the top 8 teams regardless of how many goes in a conference. It is absolutely mind boggling that a 11th ranked Illini team gets a BCS bowl but the 6th ranked team doesn't.

Third the Big 12 is stupid for having a conference championship game. They have screwed 3 teams now from getting to the NC game because they want to make some more money

Cochise
12-02-2007, 09:57 PM
I've always thought the same, but this year, Mizzou could only hurt itself by playing and losing. Without the championship game, they're playing in the title game.

Yeah, but we didn't deserve to be in it. Sure it would have been nice, and anything can happen, but we lost to OU twice, one of them was convincing. We aren't a national championship team yet.

Tits McGee
12-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Yeah, but we didn't deserve to be in it. Sure it would have been nice, and anything can happen, but we lost to OU twice, one of them was convincing. We aren't a national championship team yet.

But we're good enough to kick some jayhawk ass when we need to.

Frazod
12-02-2007, 09:59 PM

Not deserving certainly doesn't stop beat-nobody frauds like KU and OSU from getting in.

Tits McGee
12-02-2007, 10:03 PM
After last nights loss, I was more pissed about osu sneaking NC game in than Missouri being out of it.
Do I need help?

Cochise
12-02-2007, 10:06 PM
But we're good enough to kick some jayhawk ass when we need to.

Yeah, we don't suck. We're a good team in a good conference. But not an upper echelon team yet. The offensive line needs to get better, and the defense in general needs to improve. Neither unit is bad, but they aren't great. We were buoyed this year by amazing talent at skill positions and leadership by some very extraordinary talents. And the team is definitely on the way up. But we're not there yet. We've still got work to do and everyone associated with Missouri football would tell you that as well.

The only problem is that we did well enough to find out where we were. If Kansas were better than us and would have made the title game, OU would have hammered them as well. But since they didn't have to take that test, they didn't get graded on it.

Skip Towne
12-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Didn't the Orange Bowl Committee get to choose between KU and MU? They picked us. I wonder why.

Bump
12-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Not deserving certainly doesn't stop beat-nobody frauds like KU and OSU from getting in.

Both of our programs had a great run Mr. Frazod, one of which nobody could have predicted. We just have to take it for what it is, ya sure KU got lucky with the selection and without a playoff every year in college football teams are gonna get screwed! and we'll never know who the real champions could have been. I think it will happen in our lifetime, I just hope it's sooner rather than later! Hell, we threw some words back and forth and I hardly know you, I'd buy ya a beer if we were at a bar discussing this because KU definately did get lucky. But I have to be happy about it at the same time, ya know?

dirk digler
12-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Didn't the Orange Bowl Committee get to choose between KU and MU? They picked us. I wonder why.

"A two-loss team compared to a one-loss team was probably the most pressing thing that we looked at," Orange Bowl CEO Eric Poms said.

Never mind that both of Missouri's losses were to Oklahoma, that the Tigers were two slots ahead of Kansas in the final BCS standings and beat the Jayhawks head-to-head on Nov. 24 to doom Kansas' national-title hopes.

The Orange Bowl simply didn't like what it saw Saturday night, and Kansas reaped the benefits.

Let another round of BCS debate begin.

crazycoffey
12-02-2007, 10:16 PM

we shouldn't have played OU a second time, is what I was saying....

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 10:17 PM

Mangino promised to bring pie

Tits McGee
12-02-2007, 10:18 PM

Smoke and mirrors.
PT Barnum..........

Cochise
12-02-2007, 10:19 PM
We'll see if they like the matchup once it's over. I have a feeling it's not going to look so attractive.

Skip Towne
12-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Mangino promised to bring pie
Would you trust Mangino to actually deliver the pie? I mean all of it? Like putting the fox in charge of the henhouse.

Frazod
12-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Nice. So these Orange Bowl douchebags just looked at the records of two teams they never heard of before and picked Kansas because they only have one loss (regardless of the circumstances).

And the BCS let them do it.

Shameful. Absolutely shameful.

:shake:

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Would you trust Mangino to actually deliver the pie? I mean all of it? Like putting the fox in charge of the henhouse.
ROFL good point

Bump
12-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Nice. So these Orange Bowl douchebags just looked at the records of two teams they never heard of before and picked Kansas because they only have one loss (regardless of the circumstances).

And the BCS let them do it.

Shameful. Absolutely shameful.

I have no problem agreeing with that. The BCS needs to go! I would much rather KU earning their right to go to the Orange Bowl (probably would be like the divisional round or the championship round like in the NFL) then it being selected for them by some older rich men that make money off of this $hit. I hate the BCS as much as the next guy, I don't really know their system and how they pick teams, but it is total BS.

Frazod
12-02-2007, 10:30 PM
I have no problem agreeing with that. The BCS needs to go! I would much rather KU earning their right to go to the Orange Bowl (probably would be like the divisional round or the championship round like in the NFL) then it being selected for them by some older rich men that make money off of this $hit. I hate the BCS as much as the next guy, I don't really know their system and how they pick teams, but it is total BS.

Nice to hear one of you admit it. :thumb:

luv
12-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Weren't you saying earlier that KU deserved it over MU anyway?

I agree with this post though, and this is he first year I've followed it.

Cochise
12-02-2007, 10:38 PM

One pie?

I don't think a pie would make Mangino very happy. He'd probably just tell them he'd already taken communion this morning.

crazycoffey
12-02-2007, 10:43 PM
We'll see if they like the matchup once it's over. I have a feeling it's not going to look so attractive.

I bet Oklahoma beats KU by more than 30, like a final score of 55 to 21, and I feel I'm being very nice to KU's offense.

Bump
12-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Weren't you saying earlier that KU deserved it over MU anyway?

I agree with this post though, and this is he first year I've followed it.

I didn't say we deserved it over anybody, now that I've thought about it some more we got a little lucky. BUT I still am happy about it, it's not the way I want my team to get into any big game but that's the BCS for ya!

luv
12-02-2007, 10:57 PM
I didn't say we deserved it over anybody, now that I've thought about it some more we got a little lucky. BUT I still am happy about it, it's not the way I want my team to get into any big game but that's the BCS for ya!
Cool.

HolyHandgernade
12-02-2007, 10:57 PM
MU beat both KU and Illinois, MU finished ahead of both teams in the BCS, and both of those teams are going to BCS Bowls while MU plays an 8-4 team. There is no justification.

Sorry, I couldn't make it through the whole thread, but this quote seemed as good as any to offer my two cents.

There is no justification for it, but there doesn't have to be beyond the national championship game (whichitself is debateable this year about the participants).

Here is why KU is in and MU is out. Forget the "travels better" argument, the "number of losses" argument or the "head to head" objections. Its about perception. Its not about the perception of who is the better football team. Its the perception of who will appear to really be excited about being there. It goes like this:

MU had a chance to play for the national championship if they won. They got beat....badly. So now, any BCS game other than the national championship looks like a consolation prize. So, you say, what about West Virginia? They were in the same boat. The difference, of course, is that their game was not a conference championship game. They already won their conference and were guaranteed a BCS spot, regardless. If WVU hadn't had that guarantee, I bet you anything they would have been Gator Bowl bound.

All this, because after the MNC gets the top two, the BCS games are not comitted to anything but their tie-ins. Illinois only benefits because OSU backed into a better offer. KU goes because the Orange Bowl is something to get thrilled about, not because its something they have to "settle for".

Now, I'm not saying MU wouldn't have preferred going to a BCS game rather than the Cotton Bowl. But its hard to overcome the perception that MU would regard an Orange Bowl invitation as much more than:

"Well, it takes the sting out of not being in the National Championship game a bit."

This as opposed to KU going:

"YES! YES! YES! ORANGE BOOOOOWWWWWLLLLLLL!"

That's why. Its got nothing to do with your accomplishments, it has to do with your perceived gratitude. Again, I'm not saying this would have been MU's reaction, but I'm sure that's what Orange Bowl officials guessed it would be, and that is all that matters in this system.

-HH

Bump
12-02-2007, 11:02 PM
Sorry, I couldn't make it through the whole thread, but this quote seemed as good as any to offer my two cents.

There is no justification for it, but there doesn't have to be beyond the national championship game (whichitself is debateable this year about the participants).

Here is why KU is in and MU is out. Forget the "travels better" argument, the "number of losses" argument or the "head to head" objections. Its about perception. Its not about the perception of who is the better football team. Its the perception of who will appear to really be excited about being there. It goes like this:

MU had a chance to play for the national championship if they won. They got beat....badly. So now, any BCS game other than the national championship looks like a consolation prize. So, you say, what about West Virginia? They were in the same boat. The difference, of course, is that their game was not a conference championship game. They already won their conference and were guaranteed a BCS spot, regardless. If WVU hadn't had that guarantee, I bet you anything they would have been Gator Bowl bound.

All this, because after the MNC gets the top two, the BCS games are not comitted to anything but their tie-ins. Illinois only benefits because OSU backed into a better offer. KU goes because the Orange Bowl is something to get thrilled about, not because its something they have to "settle for".

Now, I'm not saying MU wouldn't have preferred going to a BCS game rather than the Cotton Bowl. But its hard to overcome the perception that MU would regard an Orange Bowl invitation as much more than:

"Well, it takes the sting out of not being in the National Championship game a bit."

This as opposed to KU going:

"YES! YES! YES! ORANGE BOOOOOWWWWWLLLLLLL!"

That's why. Its got nothing to do with your accomplishments, it has to do with your perceived gratitude. Again, I'm not saying this would have been MU's reaction, but I'm sure that's what Orange Bowl officials guessed it would be, and that is all that matters in this system.

-HH

interesting take, I never thought of it that way.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 11:04 PM
Good post. Unfortunately, the usual suspects aren't taking this position.
Have you actually read any of my posts today?

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 11:05 PM
It's because we rule.

A lot of jealous MU fans in this thread I just noticed.

Frazod
12-02-2007, 11:06 PM

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 11:07 PM
Lou Holtz said you can make an argument why teams that are in the BCS deserve it but you can't make an argument why teams who are left out deserve it

:spock:

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 11:08 PM
It's because we rule, I tell you. It's the perfect explanation for our Orange Bowl bid.

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 11:09 PM
It's because we rule.

A lot of jealous MU fans in this thread I just noticed.

Jealous of what?

Your not playing for a NC

Tits McGee
12-02-2007, 11:10 PM
It's because we rule, I tell you. It's the perfect explanation for our Orange Bowl bid.

Get over yourselves.

Frazod
12-02-2007, 11:10 PM

Yeah, the 109s have just impressed the hell out of me. Especially after they beat us at Arrowhead and won the Big XII North.

Oh wait......

:rolleyes:

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 11:11 PM
I'd rather win the Cotton then be totally ass raped in the Orange

Tits McGee
12-02-2007, 11:12 PM

There is something to be said for that.

Frazod
12-02-2007, 11:12 PM

Yeah, there is that.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Yeah, the 109s have just impressed the hell out of me. Especially after they beat us at Arrowhead and won the Big XII North.

Oh wait......

:rolleyes:
We rule. You drool.

And that's all there is to it.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 11:14 PM
And I'm again wondering...since when did VT become so good in the eyes of MU fans?

Frazod
12-02-2007, 11:16 PM
Great. Another month of Gayhawk squawking before their next beatdown.

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 11:17 PM
And I'm again wondering...since when did VT become so good in the eyes of MU fans?

About as long as it took KU fans to realize they have a football program.

VT doesn't really need to be that great to beat KU

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Great. Another month of Gayhawk squawking before their next beatdown.
I don't anticipate any beatdown, and I'm not sure why I should. They gave MU a competitive game, and they were one of the top teams in the country this year (and IMO, better than VT).

Tits McGee
12-02-2007, 11:18 PM
We rule. You drool.

And you calling MU fans arrogant?

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 11:18 PM
About as long as it took KU fans to realize they have a football program.

VT doesn't really need to be that great to beat KU
Have fun waking up New Year's morning.

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 11:19 PM
I don't anticipate any beatdown, and I'm not sure why I should. They gave MU a competitive game, and they were one of the top teams in the country this year (and IMO, better than VT).

you played competitive in garbage time

Grats

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 11:19 PM
I don't believe I did. I called them jealous, though.

And what's your problem?

We rule, you drool...that isn't a sound enough argument for why the Orange Bowl did what they did?

Meh.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 11:20 PM
you played competitive in garbage time

Grats
Haha, garbage time. I'm sure you were sweating bullets by the time that game was over out of fear of giving it up.

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Haha, garbage time. I'm sure you were sweating bullets by the time that game was over out of fear of giving it up.
Not Really
Chase took his foot off the pedal

And the D was already thinking about getting ran over by OU

Tits McGee
12-02-2007, 11:22 PM
Have fun waking up New Year's morning.

Kickoff is 10:40am so tell your boyfriend you need to go to bed early.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 11:22 PM
Not Really
Chase took his foot off the pedal

And the D was already thinking about getting ran over by OU
Haha, do you actually expect anyone to believe that shit you are spewing?

As I said I'll take the Orange Bowl bid, and you can have your 10AM New Year's morning wake up call.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Kickoff is 10:40am so tell your boyfriend you need to go to bed early.
Rock Chalk.

beer bacon
12-02-2007, 11:24 PM

As I said I'll take the Orange Bowl bid, and you can have your 10AM New Year's morning wake up call.

It is really amazing that you are STILL talking trash. I would have thought you would be already be lubing up for next year's beatdown. I guess you realize you need to get it all in now since you actually have to play a real schedule next season.

kcpasco

Actually its 8, I live on the West Coast

And yes on other boards and people say that Mizzou destroyed KU and the score wasn't as close as it appeared.

We gave VT a blue print on how overrated your D is

luv
I'm kind of getting that arrogant vibe from the KU fans. I have no ties to either school. I root for KU basketball, so I decided to root for MU football. I'm starting to rethink the basketball thing.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Actually its 8, I live on the West Coast

And yes people look on other boards and people say that Mizzou destroyed KU and the score wasn't as close as it appeared.

We gave VT a blue print on how overrated your D is
VT is nowhere even CLOSE to as good a offensive team as MU is. If we can stop the run, VT will be shut down and our offense will be free to role to victory.

beer bacon
12-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Rock Chalk.

One of the nice things about the recent Border War was how much the MU side was much louder than the KU side . Those Rock Chalk chants sounded feeble next to M-I-Z...Z-O-U.

KC_Connection
I'm kind of getting that arrogant vibe from the KU fans. I have no ties to either school. I root for KU basketball, so I decided to root for MU football. I'm starting to rethink the basketball thing.
Suit yourself. KU basketball has another conference championship coming this year, and probably more after that.

beer bacon
VT is nowhere even CLOSE to as good a offensive team as MU is. If we can stop the run, VT will be shut down and our offense will be free to role to victory.

You won't be able to do shit against VT's defense.

kcpasco

Just wait, VT will be putting up season highs

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 11:27 PM
It is really amazing that you are STILL talking trash. I would have thought you would be already be lubing up for next year's beatdown. I guess you realize you need to get it all in now since you actually have to play a real schedule next season.
Talking trash? No, I'm bored, and playing around with these jealous MU whiners humors me.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 11:28 PM
You won't be able to do shit against VT's defense.
And you know this because?

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 11:28 PM
I didn't start this smack until tonight, I was very classy after MU smacked down KU. But after seeing the blatant arrogance of KU fans on this board tonight the gloves are off.

I hope VT shreds any self respect you have left

Tits McGee
12-02-2007, 11:29 PM

Pull for whoever you like. I'm biased but I'm also experienced with jayhawk mind set, and it's delusional.

beer bacon
12-02-2007, 11:31 PM
And you know this because?

You managed one good quarter against a solid MU defense, and you only managed 19 against average to pretty good A&M and Colorado defenses. VT has a great defense.

Your team played one good team all season, and your team got smacked around. Your marquee wins are against sub-.500 Nebraska team and a 7-5 Texas A&M squad. You are going to get destroyed against VT.

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 11:34 PM
KU
The greatest college football team that hasn't accomplished shit, couldn't even win the North.

I say crown their asses

Frazod
12-02-2007, 11:35 PM

The KU basketball team has a new deal with the NCAA. As soon as they get bounced from the tournament, they'll immediately be inserted in the next round at the expense of the team that beat them. The displaced winning team will be automatically be sent to the NIT. KU fans will claim that they deserve it because they have pretty blue uniforms.

:whackit:

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Screw the NC game

I say make KU #1 in the polls tomorrow and call it a season

Crown their asses

beer bacon
12-02-2007, 11:37 PM
KU
The greatest college football team that hasn't accomplished shit, couldn't even win the North.

I say crown their asses

Hey now. They beat two teams with winning records, and one of those teams was even in a BCS conference!

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Hey now. They beat two teams with winning records, and one of those teams was even in a BCS conference!
ROFL

Tits McGee
12-02-2007, 11:44 PM

Whoa whoa, slow down parter. They played a team in the BCS conference.
Note to kU AD, "no more Big XII games next year.

Tits McGee
12-02-2007, 11:47 PM
I think the people in charge of the BCS were playing the Brent Musburger drinking game last night.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2007, 11:54 PM
To be perfectly honest, I'd like to take a tire iron and crack the Orange Bowl commitee over their respective heads until their skulls open up like a cantaloupe, and then I'd like to crush their nuts and/or ovaries in a vice.

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 11:55 PM
To be perfectly honest, I'd like to take a tire iron and crack the Orange Bowl commitee over their respective heads until their skulls open up like a cantaloupe, and then I'd like to crush their nuts and/or ovaries in a vice.

I'll hold em down for ya

KC_Connection
12-03-2007, 12:22 AM
Bottomline: KU picked over MU for Orange Bowl.

I'm happy.

Tits McGee
12-03-2007, 12:26 AM
Bottomline: KU picked over MU for Orange Bowl.

I'm happy.

Well, as long as your happy.

I don't base my happiness on a bunch of old men playing the Brent Musburger drinking game and then selecting teams to play for a mythical championship.

kcpasco
12-03-2007, 12:27 AM
Just counting down the time before the numerous articles come out slamming KU about getting the nod over MU. And oh yes they are a coming.

kcpasco
12-03-2007, 12:28 AM
I can feel the deserved disrespect coming from miles away