PDA

View Full Version : A question for the old timer BB members

Lightning Rod
07-12-2001, 01:20 PM
Who will be this pre-season superman? AKA Mike Peterson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phobia
07-12-2001, 01:24 PM
I dunno, Rod.

Peterson was an automatic nominee based on someone's absolute love for him.... They wanted us to take him in the first round and he went in the 2nd or 3rd. Beside's Proctor's love for the LB from Oklahoma, I don't recall any players that fit that criteria.

NaptownChief
07-12-2001, 01:28 PM
Peterson went early 2nd round to the Colts...Like the 4th or 5th pick in the 2nd round...

Lightning Rod
07-12-2001, 01:29 PM
We don't even have the next Walter Payton ( Brian Shay) or the Next John Elway ( Ted White) to kick around this year.

NaptownChief
07-12-2001, 01:31 PM
Someone will pop up soon enough...Probably be Derrick Blaylock, he is liable to be the next Marshall Faulk...:D

Phobia
07-12-2001, 01:32 PM
Hey, I happen to think Blaylock has a LOT of potential....

KCTitus
07-12-2001, 01:34 PM
Over the years, we've had Peterson, Shay, White and Cloud. I dont think we've had a front runner this year.

The Mike Peterson stuff was hilarious. I still crack up to this day by a line that was posted as to Mike's 'superhuman' ability:

Mike Peterson can balance a football on his pickle while high stepping down the sidelines for TD's.

I dont remeber the original poster, but that had me rolling.

Lightning Rod
07-12-2001, 01:35 PM
yeah but did he save Kosovo?
LOL

phillfree
07-12-2001, 01:40 PM
Don't forget Snoop! He could be the steal of the draft. With the injury to Morris he's gonna get his chance. One mans nightmere is another mans dream come true. With our new offense Blaylock and Minnis could both have an impact. My fingers are crossed double! Have these guys saved anybodys life like it was reported Mike Peterson did?

PhilFree :cool:

KCJohnny
07-12-2001, 02:45 PM
Since my love for Torrance Marshall was mentioned, I'll bite.
Here's my preseason sleepers:

1. Jabbar Threats: giant physical DLman who showed excellence in NFLE. Longshot to make the team by conventional wisdom.

2. Gary Stills: NFLE star sack-man.

3. Dave Klemic: how much more obscure can you be than a white guy named 'Klemic' playing WR????

4. Chiefs #1 pick (DT, 3rd round) forgot his name.

5. Todd Collins: Don't laugh! He may surprise us all in the Saunders system.

6. Derrick Blaylock: no risk in picking Blaylock to turn heads...so I'll say JJ Moses (how can you not love an NFL prospect who stands 5'6"?????)

7. Frank Ganz, Jr.: hey! coaches are in preseason workout too!

No Mike Petersens here (we have our own: Maz) but plenty to get excited about should any of the above distinguish themselves.

KCJ
Underdog supporter

milkman
07-12-2001, 08:21 PM
I don't know about any Supermans, but we just might have the Incredible Hulk in Sands.

Big and strong, and quite possibly dumber than dirt.

alanm
07-12-2001, 10:10 PM
Ah the good ole Mike Peterson days... I miss em. My guess is he's still fighting crime and saving the world from International terrorists while singlehandedly taking on Mother Theresa's charity work. Either that or balancing QB's on the end of his pickle.. Nah won't go there. :D Thanks for bringing the subject back RCGChief. No ones stood out this year along that subject line. Probably someone playing for the donks this year will do.:rolleyes: