PDA

View Full Version : Packfan - check this....

Phobia
07-12-2001, 01:26 PM
"It's one thing to ask fans to pay for a PSL if you're moving into a new stadium, but it's another to ask them to pay more for seats they already have a right to. We're looking at taking what we have and improving revenue and fan amenities."

This quote is from Jack Steadman.

How much was it that Packer season ticket holders had to pony up to retain their seats?

Who is it that says Peterson & Hunt are ONLY out to make a buck?

Complete Story:
http://www.kcstar.com/item/pages/chiefs.pat,sports/3accd09d.711,.html

Lightning Rod
07-12-2001, 01:34 PM
Doesn't sound too cool to me. I would be Majorly ticked off if that was me.

gh4chiefs
07-12-2001, 02:20 PM
Yeah I'm afraid if the Chiefs start that nonsense me and my season tickets will part company. It wouldn't be so bad if it was a reasonable amount but did you see what the PSL's at the new stadium in Philly are going to run?

Bend over Philly fans!

Packfan
07-12-2001, 02:39 PM
Just wait Kphobia. Its coming. You are ignorant if you think the Chiefs wont cash in on PSLs. Within five years, every team will be doing it. Peterson would do it now if he had a winner.

Phobia
07-12-2001, 02:42 PM
I'm a season ticket holder for the Texans and the PSL prices they wanted were ridiculous! That's PER SEAT. How many people do you know that only buy 1 seat. If it were $1-4k per block of seats, I would probably do that. But since it's so outrageous, I can't justify that cost in my mind for a team I don't even like. Therefore, I'll be in the nosebleeds.....

Phobia
07-12-2001, 02:44 PM
Hey, I guess we'll see. Those predictions that go out 5-10 years are always easier to put your *** on the line for - you probably won't even be a pack fan in 5 years.

gh4chiefs
07-12-2001, 02:59 PM
I have to admit I'm more that a little surprised they (the Chiefs)haven't tried something like this.

TEX
07-13-2001, 12:20 AM
KPhobia,
I hear ya on the TEXANS PSL thing. Looks like I'll be seeing ya in the nose bleeds at Reliant Stadium! I got together with some friends and we baught 12 seats total, 2 of which are mine. I hear there will be one heck of a Sports Bar on the first level so I'll be able to watch the CHIEFS during the TEXAN games if they start at the same time. Thr bar is supposed to remain open for the 3:00pm games which works nicely for the CHIEFS late starts! I'm sure I'll see ya there too!:D

Packfan
07-13-2001, 06:45 AM
If Carl had a 13-3 team that won a playoff game or two, this would have been done already. It pretty tough to sell PSLs when you dont win and have no direction.

The PSL will come within five years (yes, Phobia, I will still be a Chief and Packer fan five years from now). Either the Chiefs will start to win (unlikely with Carl) or they will rennovate Arrowhead and pass the cost onto the season ticket holders. Carl has to be careful. He needs to look at the media guide and see how "the NFL's greatest fans" respond to a loser.

California Injun
07-13-2001, 08:56 AM
"It's pretty tough to sell PSL's when you don't win and have no direction."

So how are the Packers going to pull this thing off?

BTW... How's Mike Sherman doing these days?

Cormac
07-13-2001, 09:37 AM
Packfan,

Cal Injun beat me to it, but I seriously would like to know what you expect of the Packers in the next couple of years? This is not a slam, I'm genuinely curious.......

ChiTown
07-13-2001, 12:51 PM
If the Chiefs are going to renovate the Stadium, what do you think the chances are of them adding an additional 10,000 seats?? I know that the obvious question is where do you put them, but is there any doubt that they could sell the tickets?

Just curious as to what everyone's thoughts would be.

Chi
~looking for any advantage possible to get a ticket for his favorite game and team

Luzap
07-14-2001, 03:24 PM
ChiTown,

Good to see you post!

Adding 10,000 seats would make us an 84,000 seat stadium ~ that's huge by NFL standards.

On that basis, I wouldn't hold my breath. The Chiefs can garner a much larger amount of revenue by adding luxery boxes ~ which is what I believe they plan to do.

Luz
it would be nice, but i'd be very surprised...

NaptownChief
07-14-2001, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Packfan
(yes, Phobia, I will still be a Chief and Packer fan five years from now

Holy $hit, you claim to be a Chief fan? That is the first I've known of it...You bash the Chiefs more than Raider and Bronco fans...

BTW, even though Lambeau field is right next to Kmart and the team is sinking fast, I do have a 16x20 Auto'd Brett Favre picture above my desk...Thought you might appreciate that...

Packfan
07-16-2001, 08:12 AM
Injun,

the Packers already "pulled it off". Even with PSLs, they have sold out their stadium once again.

Cormac,

The Packers should be improved this year. They had a ton of injuries last year and had to throw rookie tackles, linebacker, and tight end into the mix. This year, they get back a healthy Levens and Earl Dotson which should help depth. Unfortunately, they lost one of their tight ends (tyronne Davis) for the year. Also, the Packers are suspect on the defensive line and at wide reciever. I see a 9-7 or 10-6 year. With Favre, anything can happen.

Down the road, I think the Packers need to draft and begin to develop a replacement for Favre. He wont play forever. Also, they need a stud wide reciever. Freeman was supposed to be the guy, but greed and stupidity make him a below average player.

The Packers have a short window of opportunity. And by opportunity, I mean super bowl opportunity. Yes, they have a shot at the bowl. Favre gives them that shot. Without Favre, they have zero chance.

Cormac
07-16-2001, 09:41 AM
Packfan,

Did they eventually sign Flanigan? With Reynolds and Holliday, I think the D-line should be improved. I can't believe they re-signed Gilbert Brown though :eek:. IMO Favre's stubborness and arrogance about his consecutive start streak has really made the team suffer the last couple of years. In fact, in the last 2 years, he has lost more games for them than he has won IMO. Too often he throws 4th quarter INTs etc. He has had a lot of injuries, and losing Chmura, Levens every year, and essentially losing Freeman has made life tough...but he should have allowed himself to be taken out of some games instead of trying to force plays to suspect receivers with a thumb as big as his leg. If Favre stays healthy and Ferguson's arrival wakes Freeman up, I can see them going 9-7. But IMO that's probably their best case scenario.

Packfan
07-17-2001, 07:26 AM
flanigan signed

Brown signed too, but at the league minimum with no bonus. No risk here

I think you are wrong about Favre. He had two rookie tackles protecting him, a rookie tight end that was overwhelmed, no receivers, and a lost his #1 running back the 2nd game of the year. Still, Favre and the Packers finished 9-7. Give Grbac those circumstances and the Chiefs have a top five draft pick (unless of course they peddle it to St. Louis for a journeyman QB).
IMO, Favre is still a top ten player in the league. He plays injured which shows his heart and character. He has always played injured, dating back to college.

The Packers should think about drafting and developing another QB. Favre wont last forever and right now, his backups are Billy Bob Tolliver and Doug Peterson. Sounds like the Chiefs backups. The Packers have a short window. At least they have a window. If Favre plays every game, they go 10-6.

htismaqe
07-17-2001, 07:39 AM
It's Doug Pederson...not Peterson...do you still have Carl on the brain, Pack?

bkkcoh
07-17-2001, 07:46 AM
He plays injured which shows his heart and character. He has always played injured, dating back to college.

No, he just gets pain killers from his offensive lineman.... :D

Mark M
07-17-2001, 08:10 AM
Tolliver? Where is he on the Green Bay depth chart? They aren't showing it on their website. Did they sign him today or something?

Between that and the fact Packfool can't get his backup QB's name right, I feel better ... after a month on ignore, the guy still spouts his stupidity all over the board.

BTW, Pack, if Green Bay and it's fans are so great, why did they have to borrow $13 million from the rest of the league to do work on their stadium? Nothing like a little NFwelfare for such a great team. :rolleyes:

MM
~~Once again looking for that ignore button ...

Cormac
07-17-2001, 08:11 AM
Packfan,

I'm not doubting Favre's ball$ for playing injured like that. What I don't agree with is that it was a wise move for him to continue. I think, at this stage, he is more concerned with his start streak and his own stats and should have made way for Hasselbeck in some games the last couple of seasons. His faux-pas are reflected in his QB rating. Say what you will about what that doesn't mean, but he shouldn't be posting a 70-something QB rating no matter what his team-mates are like. I think he should have sat out a few games to recover and for the benefit of the team. I know he had a weak surrounding cast. That doesn't change the fact that he made a bad decision.

This was just supposed to be a friendly debate on a football topic. Don't go getting all defensive on me......."sounds like the Chiefs back-ups.......peddling a top-5 draft pick" (who did that :confused: ).

One more ? by the way. Now that Favre has all these things going better for him this year than last year: 1) should be healthier, 2) Green has stepped up at RB, 3) Levens should be healthy (at least for a couple of carries), 4) the rookie tackles and TE are rookies no more, 5) he now has a legit receiver opposite Freeman, 6) good D-line drafting/signings........why do you think GB will only improve by 1 game???

Packfan
07-17-2001, 09:24 AM
Cormac,

I will take a one to two game improvement. When you go from 9-7 to 10-6 or 11-5, to me, thats solid improvement. There arent many games in the NFL and little room for error. If the Chiefs go 8-8 or 9-7, I think most people in KC will be pretty pleased.

I dont know how many Packer games you saw last year, but if you watched, you would have been amazed at the amount of dropped passes and QB pressure the team had last year. Yes, Favre does take some risks. Many are unecessary, but thats what got him where he is now. He is a gambler and wins most of the time. He is still a great player - regardless of rating. Ask every GM in the league who they would rather have: Trent Green (100 QB rating) or Brett Favre (78 QB rating) and it would be unanimous: Brett Favre.

Mark M
07-17-2001, 10:04 AM
What's the matter Pack? Not willing to answer me? If it makes you feel better I agree with your assessment of Favre. :eek:

Maybe he has me on ignore ... anyone feel like quoting me so the little whipper-snapper can respond?

MM
~~Looking for some help in questioning Packfan.

Cormac
07-17-2001, 11:08 AM
Packfan,

I'd be happy with 8-8 or 9-7 for the Chiefs (and then a 3 game improvement the following year ;)). I wasn't comparing Green to Favre.....I just meant that the red zone INTs Favre has thrown the last couple of seasons have really hurt the team a lot, and that is reflected in his poor QB ratings the last 2 years. FWIW, I wouldn't be surprised if his QB rating is better than Green's this season, assuming he stays healthy.

Packfan
07-17-2001, 12:45 PM
Mark M,

Even though you are such a jerk sometimes, I dont have you on my "ignore button". It should be called the "coward button". You ought to tone down your comments a bit. There is no reason to speak to anyone like you speak to me. The more I look at your posts, the more I believe that you werent raised right.

Only wussies ignore others on this board ie Luzap, Titus, Bliss, ect. Those guys lack NFL savvy to have a good conversation so they p uss out and "ignore" comments that are somewhat negative but completely accurate. Whoever designed this board went a bit to far by putting that cowardly feature on it.

Now, to answer your question. The Packers signed one of the Billy Joes. Either Hobert or Tolliver. To me, they are one in the same.

As far as the loan from the NFL, who cares how they get their stadium rennovated or where they get the money from?? Business' borrow money all the time.

***********Edited for content due to direct name calling - sorry Ken.

Iowanian
07-17-2001, 01:00 PM
Quote from Packfan

"Only wussies ignore others on this board ie Luzap, Titus, Bliss, ect. Those guys lack NFL savvy to have a good conversation so they p uss out and "ignore" comments that are somewhat negative but completely accurate. Whoever designed this board went a bit to far by putting that cowardly feature on it. "......you too MarkM.

~Thinks pack picked a fight.

***** "p" word edited

KCTitus
07-17-2001, 01:20 PM
Thanks, Iowa, but I dont need to respond. I've made Ken look the fool so much it has become boring. I'm pretty sure everyone on this BB knows the smell of his sh!t and realizes it's only meant to provoke responses--it's not meant for discussion.

The name calling is a nice touch as well. It really proves that Ken can have a 'real NFL conversation', doesnt it?

bottom line with Ken is everything the franchise does is bad.

Sign Elvis: bad, Let Elvis go: bad
Sign Glock: bad, cut Glock: bad
Sign Gun: bad, Sign Vermeil: bad
Cut Dale Carter: bad, Lose Tounge to FA: bad

the list goes on and on and can verified by posts on this BB.

It's not about discussion, it's about Ken dropping his pants and showing his starfish to everyone.

Luzap
07-17-2001, 02:07 PM
I'm honored to know I'm still on Pacfan's All Star list!

Luz
made it again this year!!!...

Mark M
07-17-2001, 02:17 PM
Pack--

1. Calling people wu$$ies just for ignoring you leads me to believe that it's you that weren't raised right. You obviously need the attention you didn't get from your mommy while growing up. Using the ignore can be a beautiful thing. It keeps the board civil, allowing people who hate you (the majority) from littering this board with attacks on your intelligence, your football knowledge (or lack thereof ... figured out where a HB lines up yet?) and general rabble rousing. I think Kyle had you in mind when he installed it.

2. Show me a post that displays my improper upbringing, please. I'm interested to see what you're typing about.

3. You are correct ... they signed Billy Joe Tolliver. GB's webpage just posted the update (he wasn't on the depth chart this morning). I was mistaken ... my bad (see, unlike you I'm man enough to admit it when I make a mistake).

4. If the Packers are ran so well, if their fans are so great, if their fans are so willing to pony up a few hundred dollars for Packer stock, if they sell PSLs with no problem (all things which you have posted on this board ... don't make me go Titus on your a$$ and find them, because you, as well as I, know that they're there), why do they need charity from the rest of the league? Sure, businesses get loans all of the time ... when they aren't able to manage their finances, don't have enough revenue due to inferior product or market position or haven't got a solid enough customer base. Which one of these do the Packer's fall under?

Here's the deal, Pack ... I'm sure you're an okay guy in person (well, not sure, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt .. for some reason). But all you do on this board is spew on and on about how bad Carl Peterson is, how long it's been since the Chiefs made the playoffs and won, and how you are some kind of football genius. You are improving, however, and managing to actually contribute to some discussions, rather than just copying and pasting your usual drivel.

The thing is, Carl isn't great but not as bad as you make him out to be (I'm not a big fan of his either, but he's done well with what he's got to work with, IMO, and I'm not totally obsessed with it), very few teams have had much playoff success year after year in today's NFL and, while you may know more about football than I and others give you credit for, you still know less than you think you do. Hell, there are people on this board that have forgotten more football knowledge than you will ever possess.

Was that "toned down" enough for you?

MM
~~Waiting to see the spin.

"P" word edited.

BTW, an “All-Idiot” training camp update is coming in the next few weeks ... watch for it!

Iowanian
07-17-2001, 02:19 PM
Titus said:

"It's not about discussion, it's about Ken dropping his pants and showing his starfish to everyone."

Thats pretty funny...however I don't think the pants have to drop...pretty much everything under the pecker hat would do the job.

~enjoying the football 101 education from the Great and all knowing Newman!

Phobia
07-17-2001, 02:59 PM
I edited all the "P" words appearing in this topic. We have women participating and we know how they HATE that word. Additionally and more importantly, we've tried to be consistent about direct name calling. I've allowed some of the more mild stuff like "jerk" or stuff like that but the line has to be drawn somewhere.

Sorry guys.....

Mark M
07-17-2001, 03:03 PM
Kphobia--
You pus—... er ... um ... I mean wussy! ;)

No problem. Just responding tit for tat. I will refrain from using that one.

MM
~~Wondering if use of the word "tit" is okay in the situation above. ;)

Lightning Rod
07-17-2001, 03:05 PM
Ah Phil don't be such a pu,,,, uh I mean kitty cat. :):D

Lightning Rod
07-17-2001, 03:05 PM
LOL Mark

Packfan
07-17-2001, 03:10 PM
Mark,

You need to tone down your comments when talking directly to me. We dont have bad history on this board. Titus and Co., its a different story. Just look at there responses here. How much guts does it take to have a one sided conversation? Titus and Luzap cant read what I write about them, but they know I will get their comments. How cowardly. But I think you, me and most of the people on here have very little respect for those guys even though fellow Chief fans probably wouldnt admit it. I didnt call you a p ussy. I called Titus and Luzap p ussies because instead of debating, they chose to ignore my posts. That only shows that they are out of their league when it comes to talking NFL. Especially Luzap. Watch his posts for a month or so. Just once, I would like to see a prediction, observation, accusation, ect from this guy.

Mark, Lets stick to things between you and I.

As far as toning it down: "packfool" and "the guy still spouts his stupidity all over the board.." Thats what I want toned down. There is no reason for that. Lets talk football.

You said in your last post that all I do is "spew on and on about how bad Carl Peterson is...."
Not true Mark. In this thread until now, I dont think I have talked about Peterson at all. And I have never called myself a football genius. I have been wrong MANY times. I was wrong about Dale Carter, Derrick Alexander, Marvcus Patton (his first year), ect. But the ONE thing I have been dead on accurate about is Carl Peterson and the Chiefs chances of contending with him.

And yes, I am an "OK guy" outside this board. I am an OK guy inside it too. You just have to get to know me.

Packfan
07-17-2001, 03:13 PM
kphobia,

Good point about the P word. I will not use it anymore when describing Titus and Luzap. There are many other words that will do: Wimp, Wuss, Coward, Simpletons, Dorks, Mullet Cuts, ect.

Packfan
07-17-2001, 03:18 PM
Kphobia,

One other thing. You guys need to get rid of the "ignore" feature. I told a friend (who is a Chief fan and used to be on this board) about that and he thought that was the dumbest thing you could have done on a discussion board about football. Think about it. It really is cowardly for certain people to be "ignored" because they dont like what you have to say. Just think if radio stations "ignored" certain callers because their opinion wasnt the most popular.

The cowards that have used the ignore feature here arent really fans at all. As soon as the chiefs post a 4-12 season, the will use the "ignore" button and stop following the team entirely.

Phobia
07-17-2001, 03:22 PM
Ken,

The "ignore" feature is only for Private Messages. Someone mistakenly thinks that if they put someone on "iggy", it also applies to their posts on the board. That is incorrect.

The ignore for PM is a standard feature for most PM software and is actually quite necessary due to potential harassment....

Packfan
07-17-2001, 03:31 PM
kphobia,

It seems that some guys that have activated the "ignore" feature dont get to see my work. Yet they can respond to me, but I cant say anything to them. If thats the case, there is no room for that on a sports board. Next thing you know, we will be removing all posts with negative comments about the Chiefs. Or removing all posts that support other teams. Lets be men about this and show ALL comments.

Phobia
07-17-2001, 04:12 PM
But, they DO see your posts, Ken. How else are they responding to you?

The ignore feature is for Private Messaging ONLY.

Luzap
07-17-2001, 05:30 PM
Gee Ken, maybe you're being ignored because of the content (or lack thereof) in your comments?

A man that resorts to name calling and personal, crude insults is a man bereft of ideas.

If you're going to insult someone, do it with some class.

There have been several regulars over the years that one day woke up and realized that their arrogant, demeaning style of posting ~ their total disrespect for others ~ had lowered their respectability to the point that it was worthless to post.

Some of these people have gone away.

A few, however, were big enough men to post a general apology to the BB and ask for a fresh start. The good people of the BB allowed them that, and they became respected members of this community.

None, to my knowledge, have ever changed their well earned reputations by denying their mistakes and claiming that it was the fault of others, or that we 'just didn't know him'.

Luz
we all create our own destiny...

California Injun
07-17-2001, 06:32 PM
I'm still waiting to find out how Mike Sherman is doing these days in Packerland.

It's been two years and I can't get an answer!!!:confused:

milkman
07-17-2001, 06:35 PM
Dam,
I didn't get to say pu....err that word once.:mad:

Mark M
07-18-2001, 05:59 AM
Pack--
In this thread until now, I dont think I have talked about Peterson at all.

Really ... so what was this:

Just wait Kphobia. Its coming. You are ignorant if you think the Chiefs wont cash in on PSLs. Within five years, every team will be doing it. Peterson would do it now if he had a winner.

And this:

Either the Chiefs will start to win (unlikely with Carl) ...

Ken, it's things like this that make people so upset with you. Do we all love Carl? Hell no. But none of here (well, besides maybe cannibal) go on and on and on and on and on and on about how bad Carl is, nor do we go out of our way to insult him the way you do.

I do know you on this board ... I've been reading your posts for nearly a year now, and can count on one hand the number of times you've contributed something meaningful, insightful and intelligent about football without making a backhanded remark towards Carl or Chiefs fans in general.

It's like you have Peterson Turrets Syndrome or something ... no matter what you do, you just can't help but take a swipe at the guy.

One other thing: I will be more than happy to tone down my rhetoric towards you as soon as you show the same courtesy to others. Otherwise, your are simply the pot calling the kettle black.

MM
~~Doesn't like Carl, but not obsessed with him.

kcred
07-18-2001, 06:36 AM
According to Sportsline the Pack signed Billy Jo Tolliver, to compete with Doug Pedersen for backup QB. Now that should strike fear into the hearts of the NFC Central. Any comment on that Packfan?

KCTitus
07-18-2001, 06:42 AM
Mark: it's a waste of time. Ken will not change.

How can anyone take seriously someone who talks out of both sides of their mouths:

On Chiefs Fans: Ken insults all chiefs fans for following/purchasing tickets for a team run by Carl Peterson by stating they are all idiots. In other posts he will insult all fans by stating that all fans will abandon the team if it goes 4-12. -- he says this to Chiefs fans who are on a Chiefs BB all year round So we're damned if we do, damned if we dont.

On Elvis: All last season, Ken posted a ton of times about how bad Elvis was and how stupid he was and what an idiot Carl was for signing EG. Now that he is gone, Carl Peterson is an idiot for letting a 'PB' Quarterback get away-- He sucked while on the team and CP was an idiot as were fans for supporting him. Now that he's gone CP is an idiot for letting him go--not one single Chiefs fan is making this statement, only Ken.

Ken: this will absolutely be my last post to you, Im actually sorry Im doing this right now.

Please ignore my posts or put me on your ignore list . They obviously trouble you to the point of mentioning me in almost every single one of your posts. Im glad you take pleasure in name calling and non football foolishness, but I have decided to move on. I do not care to 'debate' with you anymore, because YOU have demonstrated an unwillingness to debate or discuss without insulting those who disagree w/you.

It's odd that my ignoring you upsets you so much--news flash to Ken, I dont come on this BB to read your BS. Obviously, you cannot comprehend the fact that there are people out there that realize you have ZERO to contribute on this board and do not wish to engage in kindergarten type antics with you.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
07-18-2001, 08:23 AM
Kphobia,

I hate to break it to you, but the ignore feature works just fine on the BB also.

I haven't seen a message that Ken has posted, (nor a few select others), for nearly three months now.

Amazingly, it makes the day much more enjoyable not to have to listen to his drivel.

Imagine that. :D

Phobia
07-18-2001, 08:48 AM
Interesting - I did not know that. It may be a hack that Kyle put up, but most boards don't work that way and this one didn't use to either.

Well, at least I know that I'm not on your ignore list.... :D

Phobia
07-18-2001, 08:49 AM
Additionally, I was wrong and I'm fine with that.

Phil
teaching a lesson to the "admitting you're wrong" challenged.

Packfan
07-18-2001, 10:22 AM
titus,

How many times have you said to me "this will be absolutely the last time I talk to you....."

Blah, blah, blah. You just keep chirping. I DONT WANT to talk to you. You dont have anything football relatated to say! So quit talking out of both sides of YOUR mouth and stop telling me how "this will absolutely be the last time I talk to you....."

Mark,

You said that is Peterson is " all I talk about..." Not true. I talk about the Chiefs, Packers, individual players, ect.

Also, I respect people who respect me. You ask me to show respect to others THEN you will show respect to me!! C'mon, Mark, you have seen how some of these people talk to me. Funny how you jump on me when I am disrespectful to others, but dont give two s hits when someone else does it to me.

kcred,

The Packer backups suck. They have always done a good job of drafting QBs, so I am not worried. Aaron Brooks, Ty Detmer, Mark Brunnel, and Matt Hasselbeck were all draft picks and all either are or were capable QBs.

Injun,

I have no idea "how Mike Sherman is doing". Maybe if you ask a more specific question, I will answer you.

Kphobia,

I am going to log back in under an other name. The idea of blocking opinions on an open football chatroom is absolute assinine. You and the other guys ought to be embarrassed that you have to come up with a feature like this to protect the Bliss, Luzaps, misplaced chief fan, and the Titus' of the world that cant take a little jawing about their team.

Luzap
07-18-2001, 12:01 PM
Packfan,

Repeat after me…

“Woe is me. It’s not my fault. They’re all against me. It’s not fair.”

This will save you a lot of typing and will convey the same message.

Luz
He still doesn’t get it…

Gaz
07-18-2001, 12:23 PM
I am going to log back in under an other name.

Packfan-

I think that is an excellent idea. I mean no offense, nor am I talking smack to you. But it is clear that the waters are now so polluted that even if you did have a legitimate input on Chiefs football [as opposed to rants about Peterson and cheap insults to Chiefs fans in general], a large portion of the BB populace would pay you no heed.

A new name is probably your best [and possibly only] path to BB legitimacy.

xoxo~
Gaz
Comes not to praise Packfan, but to bury him.

seclark
07-18-2001, 01:11 PM
i dont think it would take too long to figure out who ken was if he logged in as a new user...
i also cant figure out why he keeps coming back if he feels he's so mistreated and we're all dolts...

i'm trying not to bash you pack...just understand where the heck you're coming from.
sec

Otter
07-18-2001, 02:12 PM
Step-2 to becoming respected:

Realize that you are NOT the all-knowing, beyond reproach, NFL fantastic, super fan.

You have been wrong on several occasions yet were unable to acknowledge the fact that you were in error after being bludgeoned with facts contradicting your statement(s). You conveniently disappear when you run out of counter-attacks then re-appear with a new topic coarse enough to take away from the attention of your last rant. A cowards way out, plain and simple.

Also, we ARE aware of the fact that Carl Peterson is the GM and that he is highly responsible for all decisions, good and bad.

Finally, the Chiefs are not the good-for-nothing team that you make them out to be. It’s true that their post-season leaves much to be desired (another one of your repetitive rants) and they made some poor personal decisions. But for every post-season heartbreaker and Steve Bono there was a 13-3 season and a Derrick Thomas and Tony Gonzolaz.

You act as if they don’t deserve to be in the NFL and your doing us a favor by coming here and pointing out their faults over and over. You have nothing positive to say. Ever!

Try being part of the conversation instead of trying to dictate it with degrading comments and repetitve blah, blah, blah.

Your like an old cranky mother in law that comes to visit all too often with nothing good to say about anyone or anything.

Phobia
07-18-2001, 02:19 PM
Packfan -

I just moderate this thing and happen to know a little about how 'puters work contrary to my recent mistaken belief regarding the ignore "feature".

Therefore, I deserve none of the credit for this place, but I believe you can send any comments regarding the layout & design to cpeterson@kcchiefs.com

Mark M
07-18-2001, 03:10 PM
Pack--
As much as I hate to continue this particular conversation with you, I feel as though I must show you a few things.

Your very first post that I found on this board (from 9-4-00) was this:

Maybe if Peterson had gotten Morris in on time Grbac and Sly might have been in sync yesterday.

So, you started out on this board bashing Carl.

Less than 2 hours later you posted this:

The Packers have two QBs that are better than Elvis: Hasselbeck and Favre. Bliss, I know you think Elvis is better than Favre, regardless of how many MVPs and Super Bowls Favre has. Ignorance is Bliss.

Didn't take you long to insult someone, now did it? For more proof, just after that you posted this (your 8th post here):

Every time I see one of your stupid posts, I dont even have to look at the name. I know it is either from you or Bliss.

The only thing people did to you to cause that reaction was to disagree with your opinion. No personal attack, just disagreed. You're right, I don't jump on others for disrespecting you ... they are just responding in kind.

You are the one who came in here slinging sh!t, and now that others have responded in kind you whine and cry that you're not treated fairly. And I find it hysterical that you are ssoooo upset that people ignore you. Sounds like you need more attention to me.

Go ahead and change your user name ... everyone will know its you once you start insulting the fans, Carl and everything else about the Chiefs.

MM
~~Wonders why he even bothers.

Packfan
07-18-2001, 04:07 PM
Mark,

How can you just randomly pick at day (9/4) as say thats my first post????? Obviously, you have no idea of the history that Bliss and I have. Obviously, you dont know any of the conversation that we had prior to that day. I go back to the days three years ago on the KC Star board. Most everyone has since moved on this board. I hope its an honest error on your part to insinuate that I just came on this board 9/4 and insult people that I have never spoken to.

What you ought to do now is go back to 9/4 and track all the insults that I got. In fact, just go back to yesterday when you called me "packfool" and talked about my "stupidity". All of this without me making one reference to you.

Your bad on this one.

Luzap
07-18-2001, 04:24 PM
Packfan,

I have been around since your first days at the Star BB, as has Titus.

Hmmm... Bliss, Titus, and Luzap (the guys that have known you the longest.

Luz
i wonder what your bb deep background check would uncover about your character???...

KCTitus
07-19-2001, 05:47 AM
Luz: A dubious honor to be sure.

Mark M
07-19-2001, 05:55 AM
Pack--
I did not pick out 9/4/00 as a random day. It was your first day on this board. I was never on the Star board.

I was not saying that you came on here just to insult people ... you came on here and did insult people.

I will admit that I did not know that you guys had a prior history ... my bad. But from where I am sitting, all I have seen you do from day one is insult everything about the Chiefs ... their GM, coaches, players and fans. So you have to see it from my perspective as well.

Well, I think we've pretty much beaten this to death. So, I will try to be better towards you ... I sincerely hope that you try to do the same towards others. And if you don't, well ... then it's open season, IMO.

MM
~~Knows that it's never too late for a fresh start.

KCTitus
07-19-2001, 06:20 AM
Mark: Ken's game on the star BB was the same--insult everything Chiefs. If you were willing to take him to task for painting with a broad brush of insults, you were personally insulted. It just carried over.

Here's some classic star BB Ken:

"As long as the team has a chance and are somewhat competitive, the fans will come out. For some reason, Chief fans think that they have the weapons to win it all. Chief fans actually thought that Steve Bono was going to take them to the super bowl! The Chiefs need to have a 4-12 season before the fans abandon the team. And if that should occur, the fans will abandon the team in mass! It will be real ugly. " - this pretty much summarizes almost every post of Ken's on the old BB. How anyone can call this a 'football discussion' is laughable. It's just an insult to the posters on the BB (remember, this was during the offseason)

Warrior5
07-19-2001, 06:47 AM
Packfan:
http://www.room34.com/jerk/images/album/jerk12.jpg

Carl Peterson:
http://www.room34.com/jerk/images/album/jerk13.jpg

Packfan
07-19-2001, 07:21 AM
Mark,

You like to use the term "ALL you ever do.." "All" , "Always" and "Never" are words that should be used carefully. You say that "ALL I have seen from you is insults....."

Not True once again.

I have called Tony Gonzalez the best tight end in football many, many times. Is that an insult?

I have also called Arrowhead stadium the best home field in the NFL? Is that an insult?

I also called Donnie Edwards a pretty good player. Is that an insult?

And I think that Jon Tait and Victor Riley were pretty good draft choices.

Mark, dont stoop to Titus' level. As you see, he is hung up on things I said months ago. Its easy to repeat negative things I say, but its not fair when you use one quote and position it "this is the way Packfan is..."

Titus, go into your file and find some of my work that is positive. Have it posted this afternoon.

(Mark, Titus is like a personal secretary. He has printed and filed all of my quotes. Why? I have no idea)

Mark M
07-19-2001, 09:49 AM
Pack--
As far as using "all" to describe you, and the fact that you say I quote you from months ago, check this out. This is from another thread ... posted within the last 24 hours:

A guy takes advantage of free agency and goes on to play for a winner and suddenly he is the most worthless piece of dung to ALL Chief fans. Its the same with Rison, shottenheimer, Cunningham, ect.

You're a f*cking hypocrite. And that is where I draw the line. You can bad mouth the Chiefs, Carl, the fans and even me directly. But as soon as you turn hypocritical (like you just did) then I’m through with you.

Good bye and good riddance, you piece of sh!t.

MM
~~Draws the line at hypocrisy.

Packfan
07-19-2001, 10:46 AM
Mark,

Quit being a crybaby already! Christ, I make a point to you some of you guys and all you can rebut with is name calling! Ten year old stuff. Like I said Mark, do not stoop to Titus' level.

When I said "all" refering to bashing marty and grbac, I mean "all". Show me someone that has said something positive about Grbac since he left. Ditto for Marty. Now instead of lobbing insults my way, comeback and prove me wrong on THIS ISSUE.

I think I have made my point about your use of the word "all" when refering to my posts. I dont ONLY talk about Carl Peterson and I dont ONLY talk negative about the Chiefs.

A simple apology would have been sufficient Mark, not this defensive BS that I expect from Titus or a ten year old.

Lets talk football already!

milkman
07-19-2001, 11:04 AM
Pac,
I am the premiere Marty basher on this BB, and elsewere. Just ask KCJohnny.
I've debated with most Chiefs the merits of Marty. Many have even said that they would love to have him back.
Only a small percentage agree with me.

As for Grbac. I don't have anthing negative to say about him.
I think most of his problems stem from poor coaching and a lack of maturity earlier in his days in KC, and many fans in KC will not forgive him for the things that led him to say.

He will flourish in BMore.
He will not make the same PR mistakes there that he did in KC.

Packfan
07-19-2001, 11:11 AM
Milkman,

Its amazing how often I get quoted, but when I ask for a quote from a Chief fan to prove my point, all I get is "I never do this, or I never do that". Nobody gives me proof that they supported Grbac, or Marty after their departure from KC.

Now back to football. I dont like Grbac either. Never have, never will. To stupid. Loser mentality, injury prone ect. He does have a great arm and a protype QB body. All that talent, its a shame that he lacks the mental toughness and smarts to be a top notch QB in the NFL.

As far as Baltimore, I predict that he wont win a playoff game there. To much pressure for him. To show how stupid I think he is, he left KC, in part, because the fans were on him to hard. Doesnt he realize that anything short of a super bowl win and he will be the scapegoat??

By the way, poor coaching isnt why he threw a five yard pass from the ten yard line on the last play of the game. Thats stupidity. He has had enough coaching. What is he, a 8 year veternan now? If he doesnt understand some of this stuff by now, he never will.

Baby Lee
07-19-2001, 11:15 AM
Show me someone that has said something positive about Grbac since he left. Ditto for Marty.

My opinion is that Marty and DT were and are the two best things to happen to the Chiefs [I know this dates me, as the SB stuff was before I was born].

Further, when I look over the last 3 years, Grbac's 'don't let the bastards get you down' approach is, for me, one of the few reliable sources of pride. I wish him well in B-More [wish his future successes wouldn't accrue to the glorification of Fart Modell, but that's another issue].

Packfan
07-19-2001, 11:17 AM
Johnny,

Thanks, but how about a quote prior to this week? I'll bet you cant find one that supports Grbac and/or Marty. I have asked Phobia and Mark, but the best they can do is throw insults back at me.

Mark M
07-19-2001, 11:17 AM
JC--
Thanks!

Well, lunch is over ... back to work!

MM
~~Grateful to have others to prove his point.

Phobia
07-19-2001, 11:47 PM
I have asked Phobia and Mark, but the best they can do is throw insults back at me.

Find an insult I have thrown at you in the last week, Ken. If you can find a LEGITIMATE insult, I'll eat my shorts. Unbelievable.

Just look at Gaz, Kphobia, ect. When they know I am correct, instead of acting like men and admitting it, they decide that they dont want to talk to me anymore.

1. I don't know you are correct, in fact, I believe I've made myself perfectly clear that I disagree with your opinion.
2. I am a man and I act like it.
3. Nothing to admit.
4. I have been unable to get on the board until just now, so you are mistaken once again.

Hmmmm, demand respect on one hand then trash the only person that has shown you any for the past week. Uhhh - does biting the hand that feeds you ring a bell?