PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else's wife taking him to see Ozzy/Zombie?

pikesome
12-03-2007, 09:35 PM
She told me tonight even though it's a Christmas present so we have time to get my kids cared for. Yep, leaving the kids at home to go see a man who's first album was 5 years before I was born. I've done a little looking around and reviews have been positive, both Ozzy's and Zombie's sets. Makes me wish we were both 12 years younger and stupid again. :) A lot of mayhem could be done before and after if I didn't have two children who've never seen mom or dad act crazy.

RibKing67
12-05-2007, 09:50 PM
:evil: Zombie is GREAT!! On the other hand I went to see Ozzy about 6 yrs ago and left half way thru his set. Its bad when I know the words to the songs he is singing but he did not!! He was more interested that people were cheering for him than he was about singing the f ing songs. Enjoy the Zombie Show. I have not seen Rob solo but I did see White Zombie about 12-14 yrs ago they were awsome.....what I remember of it anyway. That was a night b4 two littleones also......enjoy it!

KcMizzou
12-05-2007, 09:51 PM
I too, would go for Zombie...

I love Ozzy, but he seems like a shell of what he once was.

KcMizzou
12-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Anyway... congrats, man. Your wife clearly kicks ass.

Phobia
12-05-2007, 10:01 PM
I gave a client 3 tix today. I have more I plan to give to my next contract. Heh, I had to get Halfcan out of his Rush box.

morphius
12-05-2007, 10:11 PM
I'd love to see Zombie again, as it is, isn't gonna happen anytime soon.

Count Alex's Wins
12-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Unfortunately my wife is out of town.

patteeu
12-06-2007, 01:22 AM
I've seen Ozzy several times and I doubt I'll ever go see him again as it's not the same anymore.

I'd love to see Rob Zombie, but not as Ozzy's opening act. I almost saw him a few years ago, but my plane got in late and I didn't get a chance to go to the show. I missed Motley Crue for a similar reason long ago and never got around to seeing them. Coincidentally, they were an opening act for Ozzy that time around.

BigRedChief
12-06-2007, 08:04 AM
I saw Ozzy Ozbourne in 1982 during the Blizzard of OZ tour. Met the dude backstage.

Seemed way too dull for me. Doing crossword puzzles and trying to find something to watch on TV. Thought his GF was way overprotective of him. She had to be there when you were having a conversation. He really liked the Springfield Cashew chicken. Thats all I got.

Saw Judas Priest a couple of months later. Met them backstage also. Disappointment again. All those dudes wanted to do was talk about golf.:sulk:

But, to see those bands back at the height of their talent levels was a great experience.

shakesthecat
12-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Mrs Shakes and I caught this tour last month here in Des Moines.

Ozzy was surprisingly coherant. We both agreed his playlist sucked( no Flyin' High Again), but all in all, it wasn't bad.

Zombie rocked.

If In This Moment is the opening band, do yourself a favor and show up a little late. Possibly the worst band I've ever seen.

morphius
12-06-2007, 01:07 PM

Ozzy was surprisingly coherant. We both agreed his playlist sucked( no Flyin' High Again), but all in all, it wasn't bad.

Zombie rocked.

If In This Moment is the opening band, do yourself a favor and show up a little late. Possibly the worst band I've ever seen.
Are they worse then Slaughter? Dear God they were 1000x's more atrocious live then anything I have heard.

Pestilence
12-06-2007, 01:29 PM

Zombie rocked.

I happen to think that In This Moment is decent. Notice I said decent...and not great.

Try seeing Corrosion of Conformity live....THEY SUCK.

patteeu
12-06-2007, 01:43 PM
I'm regularly unimpressed with opening acts. I think that in my case a lot of it has to do with the fact that I enjoy shows more when I'm familiar with the songs being played. Ozzy usually has some terrific opening acts though. I saw him once with Metallica opening. At the time I wasn't familiar with Metallica at all, but they definitely wow'ed me.

BIG_DADDY
12-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Sounds like fun

BigRedChief
12-06-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm regularly unimpressed with opening acts. I think that in my case a lot of it has to do with the fact that I enjoy shows more when I'm familiar with the songs being played. Ozzy usually has some terrific opening acts though. I saw him once with Metallica opening. At the time I wasn't familiar with Metallica at all, but they definitely wow'ed me.
Van Halen had Bob Marley's son open for him. He was awful. They should have just got a local band to open.