PDA

View Full Version : Saving Bookmarks

Mile High Mania
12-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Hey guys ... how do you save Bookmarks in IE and Firefox to cd in order to move them to another computer?

thanks

chasedude
12-05-2007, 09:33 AM
You "export" them. It creates an html file and then you import it into the new system.

SLAG
12-05-2007, 09:34 AM
I just switched to using google bookmarks because of this exact reason. Alot easier

Saulbadguy
12-05-2007, 09:37 AM
I just switched to using google bookmarks because of this exact reason. Alot easier
:rolleyes:

SLAG
12-05-2007, 09:44 AM
:rolleyes:

your just Jealous that you didn't think of it first

Simplex3
12-05-2007, 10:04 AM
I like the *idea* of Internet-based bookmark storage, but I hate the reality of it. I have yet to find one that is secure. I would host it on my own server but all of the plugins want to use ftp, and I simply don't run ftp daemons on any of my servers. If anyone knows of a service where I don't have to share my bookmarks with the world I'd love to know about it.

SLAG
12-05-2007, 10:20 AM
I like the *idea* of Internet-based bookmark storage, but I hate the reality of it. I have yet to find one that is secure. I would host it on my own server but all of the plugins want to use ftp, and I simply don't run ftp daemons on any of my servers. If anyone knows of a service where I don't have to share my bookmarks with the world I'd love to know about it.

whats wrong with sharing your bookmarks with the world

and if you have a google account i think only your accoutn can access them

chasedude
12-05-2007, 11:19 AM

I just export them to my flash drive. I always have them available then and they arn't floating around on the internet to hack into.

DaFace
12-05-2007, 11:42 AM
whats wrong with sharing your bookmarks with the world

1) I have a number of bookmarks that are work-related, and I'd prefer not to give out the resources I've compiled for our specific purpose to the world. It's small, but a company's bookmarks can be a competitive advantage.

2) I have quite a few bookmarks that go directly to administrative login pages. I'd rather not give any hackers a head start on where to go to try and crack my password.

chasedude
12-05-2007, 11:58 AM
1) I have a number of bookmarks that are work-related, and I'd prefer not to give out the resources I've compiled for our specific purpose to the world. It's small, but a company's bookmarks can be a competitive advantage.

2) I have quite a few bookmarks that go directly to administrative login pages. I'd rather not give any hackers a head start on where to go to try and crack my password.

Ding Ding Ding!!! I have tons of bookmarks to my VPN connections. I'd be screwed if someone got ahold of them.

Mr. Laz
12-05-2007, 12:14 PM
firefox - Bookmarks < organize bookmarks < file < export

IE - File < import/export < popup < next < export favorites

copy files to new location

reverse process