PDA

View Full Version : Bishop fans.

chop
07-15-2001, 08:30 PM
I found this posted on KFFL

I know alot of you are big Bishop fans and have said in numerous posts that you would like him on our team.

:31 PT: Michael Felger reports for the Boston Herald there are some rumblings the New England Patriots may be looking to trade QB Michael Bishop. The Pats may have to settle for a late-round draft pick in exchange for Bishop.

Luzap
07-15-2001, 08:40 PM
I respect Bishop, but I do not think he would fit our style of offense.

Luz
wishing bishop luck...

DaWolf
07-15-2001, 08:42 PM
As long as we have this system I don't see Bishop being a part of it. This system stresses accuraccy and knowing the play and executing it. Bishop would seem to fit in better in a system where he is free to improvise and accuracy is not the premium thing...

DaWolf
07-15-2001, 08:42 PM
You beat me to it Luz!

:)

Cannibal
07-15-2001, 10:41 PM
Yeah I guess you guys are right.

We do have Bubby Brister. I think we'll be okay at the backup QB position. :rolleyes:

aturnis
07-16-2001, 01:36 AM
I think Michael Bishop is the real Steamin' Willy Beamin(Jamie Foxx - Any Given Sunday) of Pro Football. I think if you look at him in practice he will be an average player, but when you get him in the game, in a do or die big game situation he will just THRIVE! The kid has skills and I think he could fit in our offense if we regulate him a little and get the long-ball on his mind.

Rausch
07-16-2001, 01:41 AM
YOU seem to be misunderstanding what DV has said, about 10,000 times.

"You don't find players to fit an offense. You build that offense around the talent you have."

I think, and hope, he means this. Play to your strengths, whatever they are, and try to push past your shortcommings....

ANY player can fit this offense with talent, and so can he.

That said, I hear he's dumber than a sack of hammers...I'm not sure, if this is true, if he can master an extensive playbook full of motions and audibles. Who knows, but on talent alone the guy has it. And if for nothing else we can use him in a "slash" type of role just to create even MOORE confusion.....

Why not? Bubby is a scrub......and NO ONE here has faith in Collins....

Skip Towne
07-16-2001, 02:39 AM
Is this the Michael Bishop from Kansas State? It seems like about 5 years ago I thought we should draft this guy. His completion rate was incredible!! But the reason for that could have been was that he was throwing to great receivers like Lockett. If I remember right, he is a big, immobile guy who also had a great offensive line. I don't think he would fit the current system. I can't wait to SEE the "current system"

mcan
07-16-2001, 02:46 AM
You're right, it is the Bishop from K State, but he is (very) mobile. Without looking it up, I'ld guess 6'2" 220 and fast as... He wasn't drafted when he came out and was picked up by New England as a rookie FA. He played well in Pre Season, and I believe he saw a little action while Drew was hurt. I could be wrong though. I know he was in NFL Europe and was pretty disappointing, but O lines really suck there, and it's tough for all QBs.

mcan
07-16-2001, 02:51 AM
I just looked it up, and I was close, he's 6'2" 215, and he WAS drafted in the seventh in '99. Not a rookie FA. I wonder how I got that into my head. Anyway, if he is let go, I think he may start a minor bidding war, and although I would love to have him on my team, he won't come at the minimum. Is he worth it?

aturnis
07-16-2001, 03:00 AM
SkipeTown,
Big....no, Michael Bishop is 6'2" 215lbs.?

IMMOBILE?!?!?!......NUH UH! He rushed for almost 200 yds. against Nebraska last yr., I loved that, seeing my Nebraska-loving relatives watch the Huskers get pumbled by Michael.

To say the least the kid is amazing and I think just needs his time to develop in the NFL.....he did play in like 6 or maybe 7 games last year but only threw a few times. His numbers weren't good but they would improve with time and experience.

Rausch
07-16-2001, 03:01 AM
Yes....

Brister is a boob and Collins is a clod.....

mcan
07-16-2001, 03:01 AM
Wow, I'm wrong again, it's good it's late, and nobody is here to contridict me. We would have to trade for Bishop, so his salary is already set. No bidding war, just a fair trade value. But, I'm really tired so I'm cutting myself some slack.

aturnis
07-16-2001, 03:02 AM
I do think that he is worth it, he could be a great project QB. When Green is gone, he would probably be ready to lead a team and I'm sure he would do it considerably well.

Rausch
07-16-2001, 03:02 AM
I'd give a 7-5th round pick for him....

mcan
07-16-2001, 03:07 AM
Hey wow, people are here. By the way, He had one game against the Colts where he had a 150 rating. 1 for 1/ 44 yards/ touchdown. Nothing much else though.

mcan
07-16-2001, 03:10 AM
Why would we give up a 5 when we could have gotten him as a rookie for a 6th? Not saying it's a bad idea, just playing Devil's Advocate.

Rausch
07-16-2001, 04:02 AM
Because we can get a better 3rd string qb than we have now for minimal expense.....:D

ck_IN
07-16-2001, 11:01 AM
Pardon me, but someone please riddle me this:

Bledsoe's career is winding down. Bishop's is still quite young. The Pats will need a QBOTF in short order to suceede Drew. They've already invested time and training in Bishop. Yet we read here how they're wanting to dump him. Why is this?

Answer:

Could it be because he's dumb as a doorknob, can't handle an NFL level offense and simply doesn't have the tools to play NFL QB? Not to mention there's been reports that his big mouth has PO'd most of his teammates.

If we want him so bad, wait a little while. He'll probably be cut and we can pick him up for free. Then we can retrain him as a RB.

Clint in Wichita
07-16-2001, 11:10 AM
Grbac was dumb as s___ AND lacked the physical tools to truly excel.

At least Bishop has the physical tools, and he couldn't be any dumber than Bubby "I didn't bother to learn more than 50% of Denver's playbook" Brister.

ck_IN
07-16-2001, 12:17 PM
Let's see would that be the same Bubby Brister that came into Arrowhead and kicked our a$$ a few years ago?

If we had any front office forsight we'd have drafted J. Palmer or McMahon this past year, but instead, the fans anyway, are discussing someone elses castoff. Typical.

Cannibal
07-16-2001, 01:05 PM
Hmmm...

Brister or Bishop

Brister or Bishop

Brister or Bishop

Gee, that's a tough decision. :rolleyes:

Clint in Wichita
07-16-2001, 01:09 PM
Palmer or McMahon?! Neither of those guys will ever amount to anything but NFLE fodder.

Clint in Wichita
07-16-2001, 01:11 PM
"Cloud is of the Marshal Faulk mold and if used correctly could be a tremendous offensive weapon. Hopefully Gun and Raye realize this and will design plays accordingly."

htismaqe
07-16-2001, 01:12 PM
Physical tools don't always equate to success. Just ask Kordell Stewart. The reason the Pats want to get rid of Bishop is because he can't learn the playbook. I wish I could find his Wunderlich score, reportedly it was one of the lowest ever...

Clint in Wichita
07-16-2001, 01:15 PM
Brister never learned more than half of Denver's playbook AND he's pathetically weak AND he's going to be one of the oldest players in the NFL!!

If we're going to have a dummy as a backup QB, he could AT LEAST be phyically talented. IMO Brister has no redeeming qualities.

alanm
07-16-2001, 01:18 PM
It seems to me that the new Chiefs offense needs to have a QB think on his feet and be able to make the quick reads. Have heard stories that Bishop has the IQ of a door knob. Not a good fit.

Skip Towne
07-16-2001, 01:32 PM
I was thinking of the wrong guy. The guy who Bishop replaced. Can't remember his name. But Bishop is a frustrated running back. And a very good one. We should go get him if he is as cheap as they say.

aturnis
07-16-2001, 03:07 PM
Bishop DOES think on his feet. Have you seen the kid make the split second decision.......one Grbac could never make. Get sacked for a few yard loss, or run for a few yard pick-up? Bishop picks the latter and the kid makes it work. He was a steal for the Pats IMO, but now i'm guessing that they just don't believe in him and wanna put the time into him. I'm sure he will pan-out if given the chance and time.

Cannibal
07-16-2001, 08:30 PM
Bishop is instant offense. He is capable of igniting the scoreboard almost by himself.

He needs a good coach to teach him to play the QB position at the NFL level.

I am utterly amazed that there are actually people on here that would take Brister at 39, [or any age for that matter] over Bishop.

Bristers lack of intelligence and talent aside, the way this scumbag acted after that Monday Night Meltdown made me want to puke. The fact that we signed this ball of festering feces also makes me want to puke!!!!!

I am so sick of these has-been-never-ever-will-be signings! Especially when these aholes have come into Arrowhead as opposing players and deficated all over the field and fans, then talked smack about it afterwards. I hope that greasy son of a b1tch gets cut before the season starts.

*F* Bubby "slack jawed yokel, i fuk my sister" Brister
*F* Ray "my career was over 5 years ago" Crockett
and *F* Glenn "how have I lasted in the NFL 10 years" Cadrez

Excuse me, I've gotta go barf up my dinner, I'll be back.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-16-2001, 08:36 PM
Tell us how you really feel, Cannibal?

:D

Cannibal
07-16-2001, 08:41 PM
I will when I'm done barfing all over my keyboard:D

Skip Towne
07-16-2001, 10:21 PM
I had my wires crossed on an earlier post. I was thinking of Chad May, the guy Bishop replaced. Bishop is one stud duck.Like someone said before he is "instant offense". Always a threat to run and is damn good at it. Makes Gannon look like an old man. ( Sorry Denise). Yeah, he is dumb. So teach him five plays. The defense doesn't know this.Put himin for a series in the first half and again in the second. If he does well, leave him in. At the very least that would cause the opponent to prepare for two different attacks. Since they normally don't have to do that, it will split their practice time and disrupt their routine. That can only help us. Get him. (He might be able to learn 10 plays)!!!

htismaqe
07-17-2001, 08:24 AM
Please don't confuse my lack of endorsement for Bishop as an endorsement for Bubby...

**** Bubby...

But there's a reason that the Pats don't want Bishop and it's the same reason we don't want him...it's in the dictionary...

Michael Bishop: see Kordell Stewart

Luzap
07-17-2001, 09:24 AM
I watched Bishop in his last college Bowl Game (I can't remember which Bowl it was) and one regular season game, and I wasn't impressed.

"He gets up for the big games... " ~ not the Bowl Game.

"He is an instant offensive threat..." ~ only to scramble.

I'm sure I didn't see him at his best, but his passing accuracy was Terrible compared to other NFL bound QBs.

Also it should be understood that making a quick decision on an option pitch is far different from making a quick read on a defense and selecting the correct receiver.

I, personally, do not want to see the QB starved fans of KC place their hopes on this guy. If we would sign him, however, I can guarantee you that the media would get behind him. The media always sets-up the maleable KC fans for a fall.

Luz
just say no to bishop...

Phobia
07-17-2001, 11:02 AM
If Bishop weren't KSU alum, this wouldn't even be a blip on the radar, IMHO.

That said, I don't care if we sign the guy if he's CUT. What would it hurt? He either makes the team or he doesn't. If he makes it, he could be a special situation weapon but I don't think he'd EVER be a full time starter.

Hell, with his athletic ability, convert him to a full time Special Teamer.

Iowanian
07-17-2001, 11:11 AM
Iowania Boy Ryan Helming can do it.

If we wanted an Ignorant strong armed QB the Notorious Ted "I suck" White would still be on the roster.

Clint in Wichita
07-17-2001, 11:52 AM
Bishop would destroy Brister and Collins in training camp.

We're not talking about starting Bishop, just having him as a backup.

Luzap, did you see Bishop DESTROY Donovan McNabb's Syracuse team in the Fiesta Bowl a few years back? How about "The victory" over Nebraska?

Bishop almost always came through under pressure. He's only lost 2 or 3 games as a starter since he entered puberty, for Pete's sake!

Cannibal
07-17-2001, 12:10 PM
Bishop is not just a "threat to scramble". Obviously Luz hasn't watched much of Bishop. He has one of the strongest arms in the entire league. He also has one of the quickest releases in the league.

He does need to work on his accuracy. But that can be taught. His physical tools however, cannot ever be taught.

Cannibal
07-17-2001, 12:12 PM
He is not one of those RB's that play QB BTW.

Bishop routinely threw for 300+ yards in college. He was one of the leaders in passing efficiency in college as well.

He led NFL Europe in QB rating until he was injured.

HC_Chief
07-17-2001, 02:56 PM
Physically, Bishop is gifted - the guy is probably the most athletic QB I have ever seen. He can run, fire the ball 70 yds in the air(!!), throw on the run, has accuracy and a quick release. There is no doubt, he is one hell of an athlete.

Bishop's weakness: NO BRAIN. Seriously, this guy is dumber than a bag of rocks. I don't think he even broke double-digits in the Wonderlick - now tht is sad! My fiance's bro went to KSU during Bishop's brief career there; he ran into him in Aggeville several times. Said the guy was so stupid, his team mates would talk for him - for fear he'd prove the old addage correct:

"''tis better to keep silent and have others think you a fool than to open your mouth and confirm it"

Still, I'd give up a draft pick (3rd round and lower) for him. The potential is there - he just needs a very smart tutor and the right opportunity.

Rausch
07-17-2001, 03:12 PM
Terry Bradshaw
Kerry Collins

Both are as dumb as a box of hammers. One is in the HOF and the other is a PB qb who saw super bowl action.

THIRD string. Bishop EASY over Brister. Bishop just might be too stupid to understand an NFL playbook, Brister is just TOO STUPID to BOTHER! He was in Denver 2 YEARS. 2 YEARS and didn't know 50% of the plays!

At least when Bishop gets confused he can sprint for five yards or more.

Biship is young, talented, cheap, and stupid.

Brister is Old, no talent, named Bubby, and stupid.

You make the call.....:D

Luzap
07-17-2001, 03:14 PM
Clint and Canabal,

You are right.

As I said, I have not seen much of him. What I did see, however, brought serious questions to my mind about his NFL ability.

Mainly passing accuracy and decision making.

Perhaps in the right offense he could do well. In KC's complicated offense he would suffer ~ IMO.

Luz
just calling it as i see it...

KCPHILLY
07-17-2001, 07:21 PM
Terry Bradshaw
Kerry Collins

Both are as dumb as a box of hammers. One is in the HOF and the other is a PB qb who saw super bowl action

COLLINS played College ball for JOEPA . PATERNO is known nationally for holding his athletes to a higher academic standard then what is required for eligibility.... No skating through Nittany.

I'm with LUZAP and others on this one. I'd rather see a smart QB with less ability running our O. No doubt BISHOP has great athletic ability. I just don't think he has the smarts. Obviously NE doesn't think so either.

I saw him play 4 or 5 times in College and I was never overly impressed. Again, obviously the NFL braintrust weren't either as he was a 6th or 7th {?} round pick. I also don't recall which game it was but it might have been his last as a WILDCAT when I watched him single handedly blow the game. Last drive, never looked for recievers just tuck and run, tuck and run, fumble. Lost alot of respect for him that day.

That being said, I would have no problem with us spending a 6th or 7th for him as our #3 and giving him a year or two to see if he can pick up the O but I wouldn't want to see him stand in the way of drafting a QBOTF.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-17-2001, 07:27 PM
Cannibal,

"one of those RB's that play QB"...

I can name one, his name is Rich Gannon.

CG

always thought Gannon was a RB that plays QB:D

aturnis
07-18-2001, 02:01 AM
Didn't one of the best QB's in NFL history score one of the lowest scores ever on that test thing? I can't remember who is was, but I know I heard or read it somewhere..........

Also, the boy not be school smart, and it may take him awhile to learn the Offense, but I'm sure he would know at least 80% by midway the season, and it don't matter how smart he is as long as he is football smart....game smart.....confident.

Aturnis
-Bishop?.......Better he.......than Bubby!

mcan
07-18-2001, 02:15 AM
When I went to the mini camp, Bubby was sharp and Collins looked like a fool. I know that a mini camp is a far cry from an actual game, but I think you guys may be going a little hard on the old guy. It has to say something for him to have lasted this long in the league. Also, I recall him playing quite well for the Doncs untill Shany screwed him out of his starting role. Wasn't there a controversy about that a couple years ago?