PDA

View Full Version : So I shot a music video with Carrie Underwood

Claynus
12-08-2007, 09:28 AM
It ended up pretty good. That's me in the vest. And Cartoon Carrie is HOT. :D

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-nRGC720Qak&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-nRGC720Qak&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

stevieray
12-08-2007, 09:33 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how average singers are considered major talents.

Claynus
12-08-2007, 09:36 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how average singers are considered major talents.

She's much better than average, dude.

stevieray
12-08-2007, 09:43 AM
She's much better than average, dude.

music is subjective my friend...she sounds just like all the other female singers that have oversaturated the music industry....

Claynus
12-08-2007, 09:46 AM
music is subjective my friend...she sounds just like all the other female singers that have oversaturated the music industry....

Britney Spears she ain't.

Demonpenz
12-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Well I think it depends on what material they are given. Most of the songs Carrie has to sing has to have a catchy hook, your normal 2 verses bridge and a final verse and hook higher or jazzier style to bring it home. I don't know if carrie has an above or ok voice because it is all canned and pushed out. It would give us an idea if she wrote her own song and just showed off alittle bit. Sort of the way you know John Mayer can play some bad ass blues even though his pop stuff sucks balls. One thing that drives me nuts later is there is some "Rock, alternative bands" That don't sound any more rock or alternative to some of the american idol people and they are sneaking them onto my alternative stations even on my satillite. At first I thought that I hate all women lead singers, but I can stomach some like Gwen stephani when she was with no doubt, Heart, Rush, but there are bands like paramore? (Sp) that are all over buzz stations. I asked my sister. "now what is different about this and kelly clarkson" My sister said slyly "Oh she has half a shaved head and *gasp*" it is pink.

Demonpenz
12-08-2007, 09:50 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6o-b99ujRzo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6o-b99ujRzo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ZepSinger
12-08-2007, 10:36 AM

Hey stevieray- I'm trying to reply to your PM, but your box is full.... :(

patteeu
12-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Well I think it depends on what material they are given. Most of the songs Carrie has to sing has to have a catchy hook, your normal 2 verses bridge and a final verse and hook higher or jazzier style to bring it home. I don't know if carrie has an above or ok voice because it is all canned and pushed out. It would give us an idea if she wrote her own song and just showed off alittle bit. Sort of the way you know John Mayer can play some bad ass blues even though his pop stuff sucks balls. One thing that drives me nuts later is there is some "Rock, alternative bands" That don't sound any more rock or alternative to some of the american idol people and they are sneaking them onto my alternative stations even on my satillite. At first I thought that I hate all women lead singers, but I can stomach some like Gwen stephani when she was with no doubt, Heart, Rush, but there are bands like paramore? (Sp) that are all over buzz stations.

LMAO

I asked my sister. "now what is different about this and kelly clarkson" My sister said slyly "Oh she has half a shaved head and *gasp*" it is pink.

I think both Kelly Clarkson and Pink have some decent songs.

ChiefsCountry
12-08-2007, 10:50 AM
She has one of hell of a voice. You have to see her live in concert to really get it. She did 2 Guns N Roses cover - Patience and Sweet Child of Mine, they were amazing. They were as good or better than the original, which is saying alot bc I love GNR.

Skip Towne
12-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Carrie must be able to sing because she's an ugly old skank.

Cochise
12-08-2007, 11:49 AM
She's an average talent for a singer in the music industry. Way above average for your local church choir.

Phobia
12-08-2007, 12:12 PM
This is another one of those "that chick is ugly, I hit way better threads".

The girl can sing, none of us can deny that. It's not like she's off-key, off-pitch, or just horrible. She has a functional singing voice. You may not like her. You may like other singers better but she CAN sing. Let's get that straight. Anybody who says otherwise loses credibility.

Now, for the average comments from other posters. Eh, debatable. Maybe she's average for a diva in the music industry, whatever that means but she has a pretty interesting voice. I mean, who is better? Mariah, Pink, Whitney, Aguillera, and probably a couple others.

I think she's a beautiful girl but I'm not blown away by her looks. She's a solid 9 by anybody's scale but she's not absolutely incredible.

I'm glad I could be of service in clearing up all these important issues. If there is any confusion please reference this post.

Thanks.

Claynus
12-08-2007, 12:18 PM
PINK? LOL!

Phobia
12-08-2007, 12:22 PM
LMAO

I think both Kelly Clarkson and Pink have some decent songs.

Kelly Clarkson used to have a really good voice but then she got fat.

Phobia
12-08-2007, 12:23 PM
PINK? LOL!

I'm not a fan but that woman has an amazing voice. In a previous life I'd imagine she was a 300 lbs black gospel singer. She's a very unique talent.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-08-2007, 12:28 PM
Well I think it depends on what material they are given. Most of the songs Carrie has to sing has to have a catchy hook, your normal 2 verses bridge and a final verse and hook higher or jazzier style to bring it home. I don't know if carrie has an above or ok voice because it is all canned and pushed out. It would give us an idea if she wrote her own song and just showed off alittle bit. Sort of the way you know John Mayer can play some bad ass blues even though his pop stuff sucks balls. One thing that drives me nuts later is there is some "Rock, alternative bands" That don't sound any more rock or alternative to some of the american idol people and they are sneaking them onto my alternative stations even on my satillite. At first I thought that I hate all women lead singers, but I can stomach some like Gwen stephani when she was with no doubt, Heart, Rush, but there are bands like paramore? (Sp) that are all over buzz stations. I asked my sister. "now what is different about this and kelly clarkson" My sister said slyly "Oh she has half a shaved head and *gasp*" it is pink.

asshole :D