PDA

View Full Version : Is Vista the new ME?

Dinny Blues
12-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Will Vista survive as-is?

Does Micro$oft have a savior in the wings?

Or is it the new Microsoft Error?

Dinny

Mr. Flopnuts
12-08-2007, 06:05 PM
I love Vista. It was different and took some getting used too.

BigMeatballDave
12-08-2007, 06:09 PM
I have no issues with Vista.

pr_capone
12-08-2007, 06:11 PM
Other than being a system hog, buggy as hell, slower than any other OS in MS history.... yeah, there is nothing wrong with Vista at all. lol

I'll take my SP3 XP Pro and run with it for the next few years.

Mr. Laz
12-08-2007, 06:13 PM
never buy any M$ software until at least 6 months have past ...... preferably a year.

Guru
12-08-2007, 06:19 PM
It is amazing how many resources M$ can eat up and do the same thing Linux can do with 70% less resources.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Other than being a system hog, buggy as hell, slower than any other OS in MS history.... yeah, there is nothing wrong with Vista at all. lol

I'll take my SP3 XP Pro and run with it for the next few years.

If vista is too slow for you double your memory. It is 1gb minimum, but really needs 2gb to run optimally. I'm a computer idiot, so I have nothing else to add, other than I don't have any problems with speed. Mine is quick as a whip. Asthetically, vista is far superior.

BigMeatballDave
12-08-2007, 07:18 PM
never buy any M$ software until at least 6 months have past ...... preferably a year.I didn't buy Vista, it just happened to come with the machine I bought...

meStevo
12-08-2007, 07:22 PM
Not even close, ME was horrible. Vista is just not as needed of an upgrade so there's been that resistance in addition to the driver problems that come with a new iteration of an OS.

XP was so solid that it's hard to improve on that, Visa is certainly more bloated but I really don't have a problem with it.

listopencil
12-08-2007, 11:19 PM
My last upgrade was from a Compaq Presario with WIN 98 SE to an E Machine with WIN XP Media Center. Now that was a worthwhile upgrade.

Fruit Ninja
12-09-2007, 12:16 AM
i just got it on my laptop (came with it) it was a major pain in the ass to get some games to run. **** windows defender and the UAC. Shit took me a while until i figured out that Uac was the problems. Disabled it and fine now.

Vista will not be the new ME becuase of directx10. For gamers eventually they will be forced to move to Vista. Which doesnt bother me much anymore as i got a Vista CD with this laptop. heh. Now to buy a damned 8800 GT soon.

Adept Havelock
12-09-2007, 09:58 AM
It's not Windows ME, but I've got zero reason to install the most recent of Microsofts bloated OS's. DX10? Games are why I have an Xbox and Xbox 360.

When I need a Windows environment, 2K and XP fill that need. I've worked with Vista, and wouldn't install it on my own systems on a bet. JMO.

HC_Chief
12-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Yes.

JBucc
12-09-2007, 10:15 AM
I don't know much about you so I really can't say.

StcChief
12-09-2007, 10:51 AM
I wouldn't run it.

Braincase
12-09-2007, 10:59 AM
I've got three boxes running Vista, one dual booting between 32-bit and 64-bit, another desktop running 32, and a notebook running 32. All running Ultimate edition.

I like it. Have had some issue early on with drivers, but they're bring resolved.

I am a fan of Microsoft, so I am biased. I earn a living teaching people how to set up, admin and trouble-shoot MS networks, but I do have Mac and Unix in my background.

Today, I prefer Vista.

pr_capone
12-09-2007, 12:42 PM
If vista is too slow for you double your memory. It is 1gb minimum, but really needs 2gb to run optimally. I'm a computer idiot, so I have nothing else to add, other than I don't have any problems with speed. Mine is quick as a whip. Asthetically, vista is far superior.

I am running on 2GB..... it still was crap.

Each to his own tho. :D

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-09-2007, 12:51 PM
I think part of the probs w/ Vista and bloat stem from the fact that MS had to try and idiot-proof the OS so that dumbasses couldn't f*ck something up through dipshittery.

Fruit Ninja
12-09-2007, 06:57 PM
It's not Windows ME, but I've got zero reason to install the most recent of Microsofts bloated OS's. DX10? Games are why I have an Xbox and Xbox 360.

When I need a Windows environment, 2K and XP fill that need. I've worked with Vista, and wouldn't install it on my own systems on a bet. JMO.
I have a 360 as well, but there is still some games i like that are not on consoles. So eventually i am ****ed and i need to upgrade my main pc to vista for dx10.