PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs sign CB

chop
07-16-2001, 04:04 PM
Anyone have any information on this guy?

13:17 PT: KCChiefs.com reports the Kansas City Chiefs have signed CB Corey Harris to a two-year contract. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Joe Seahawk
07-16-2001, 04:06 PM
I think he was cut by Holmgren after the 2000 training camp..

Not positive, but I do think I remember him last pre-season.

chop
07-16-2001, 04:14 PM
I found this stat sheet on him. In one column it has him listed as playing for the Saints and in this stat sheet it has him playing for Baltimore.

Int Int Fum FR FFL
Previous Years Tack Asst Sack Int TD Yds Rec TD Pts
1993 Totals: 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
1995 Totals: 6 1 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 13
1996 Totals: 69 6 1.0 1 0 0 3 0 154
1997 Totals: 34 17 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 85
1998 Totals: 45 12 1.0 0 0 0 0 0 104
1999 Totals: 31 6 1.0 1 1 24 0 0 77
2000 Totals: 32 3 0.0 2 0 44 0 0 71

Packfan
07-16-2001, 04:15 PM
I have some info on him. He is a former Packer. Kind of a jack of all trades player. Good on special teams, decent cover guy, but more of a backup. He is a good athlete as the Packers had him play some wide reciever as well. His main contribution will probably come on special teams.

Lightning Rod
07-16-2001, 04:17 PM
Corey Harris of N. O or Balt???????????

Joe Seahawk
07-16-2001, 04:17 PM
There are 2 Corey Harris's..One is a nine year vet, another is a 2 year player for the Saints.. They are both cornerbacks

The veteran started a couple years for the Seahawks 96,97 and was steady, yet unspectacular....Joe

Chiefs Pantalones
07-16-2001, 04:21 PM
So who is it? The one from NO or the Chickens?

Rick Stephens
07-16-2001, 05:17 PM
Corey Harris is entering his third season and appeared in 6 games over the last two seasons for the New Orleans Saints. He played for the Rhein Fire of NFL Europe this spring.

I got this information from Yahoo Sports.

DaWolf
07-16-2001, 05:20 PM
It's the Saints one...

http://www.nfl.com/images/players/120x80/135077.jpg

old_geezer
07-16-2001, 05:20 PM
It's also on www.kcchiefs.com

Chiefs Pantalones
07-16-2001, 06:18 PM
Thanks guys:)

blu
07-16-2001, 07:34 PM
he played in only 6 games for the saints in two seasons....1 tackle and i think it was on the specialty team ...and he played in europe this last season...i have no clue ,,they picked this guy up..besides being a bargain...a bargain here,,,,a bargain there,,,,that crap adds up...???????????????

DaWolf
07-16-2001, 07:38 PM
He was signed to provide depth. I highly doubt we're going to see a corner signed that is supposed to come in and challenge for the starter's position on the other side of Crockett, unless everyone totally sucks during training camp...

Chiefs Pantalones
07-16-2001, 08:21 PM
Now when it comes to being a homer, you can count me in, but is it me, or are our CBs gonna get burned quite often? Please tell me I'm over-reacting? I now it all depends on our Dline and how we can get a good rush on the QB, but what about the slants and crosses? Our LBs have a tendency to over purse, IMO. I hope Greg R. can correct all of this. Can he?

Bob Dole
07-16-2001, 08:29 PM
You can find his NFLE stats at http://www.nfleurope.com/fire/stats/2001/fire_stats.html

Looks like he had 2 INT with 1 returned for a TD. 40 tackles (35 unassisted), 7 passes defensed and 4 special teams tackles. All in all, nothing incredibly amazing.

Saggysack
07-17-2001, 12:59 AM
Is this guy the same Corey Harris that was in Baltimore....check link

http://nfl.kffl.com/teams/players/HARRISCOREYBALDB.shtml

kcred
07-17-2001, 06:16 AM
While I guess I thought it was the vet that we had in for a tryout, I thought the pickup would add seasoning to the unit. It turns out, we signed a guy with less starts than Dennis. I guess youth is served, however, our secondary probably has a lot to do with the dire predictions made by the preseason pundits. To say it is unproven, would be the highest ranking I could give it now.

milkman
07-17-2001, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Cody Goldizen
Our LBs have a tendency to over purse, IMO. I hope Greg R. can correct all of this. Can he?

Hmmmm....Didn't know about this purse thing.
And I thought Ks was responsible for the "soft" defense. :D

Chiefs Pantalones
07-17-2001, 06:32 PM
Oops! Sorry about the "purse" Milkman.:D

But seriously, we're gonna get burned often, IMO.

CG

trying to find my homer glasses, I lost them...

there they are...:cool:

Go Chiefs!!!!!

TEX
07-17-2001, 06:46 PM
I'm concerned about another ex-Saint with the team.:confused:

milkman
07-17-2001, 07:01 PM
Cody,
I've said this several times this offseason.

Anytime the Chiefs allowed Patrick Dennis to play tight aginst his receiver, he acquitted himself well.

He showed the potential to not only be a solid cover corner, but a very good cover corner.

Bartee had even fewer chances, yet also was able to show his potential.

With good coaching, our secondary will be covered for years to come.

If Robinson doesn't suffer from the same loyalty brain desease that Gun and Spurt did, these guys will be the starters by no later than mid- season, with Warfeild as the nickel.

Gun maynot have done anything else right, but we wll be praising him for the '00 draft in the coming years.

JM(not so)HO.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-17-2001, 07:01 PM
Speaking of the Saints, they are one of the reasons why I have hope for this team this year. Last year the Saints had a new coaching staff, new QB, new EVERYTHING; and made the playoffs (not mention, beat the defending champs to advance to the divisional playoffs) so I have hope for this season, the only worry(kinda) is the play of the CBs.

CG

lets go Chiefs...put yourselves on the map!!!!...

lets get it

Chiefs Pantalones
07-17-2001, 07:05 PM
Thanks Milkman!

But I warn you...you may have put my homer glasses on...permanently.:D

CG

likes Ms attitude!!!!...its contagious, especially for this guy, named Cody!!!:D

spread it around!!!

milkman
07-17-2001, 07:27 PM
No Cody,
I never wear my homer glasses.
If you have read my posts throughot the summer, you will remember that I am one of the few that is not convinced that hiring Vermeil, Saunders, Robinson (especially Robinson) and the rest of the gang is not the right group of coaches for this team.

I've said that the Chiefs will be better, because of the new coaches. But just about any change would have accomplished that.

I'm on record as saying that Vermeil and company, IMO, will not get us to the SB.

There's a lot of other questions I have about the players on this team.
But as for Dennis and Bartee, I saw the potential. They, as well as he rest of the defense, were put into a position where failure was the only result we could expect, most of the time.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-17-2001, 07:36 PM
Milkman,

Kind of a weird question, and excuse me for not knowing because you have probably explained, but I have not paid attention...but why?

Why don't you think Vermeil and co. can get us to the Super Bowl? I don't see why not, but thats just me.

CG

wants a good explanation, Milkman, if you may

milkman
07-17-2001, 08:09 PM
Cody,
Because I believe that Vermeil, like Gun, has a propensity to show to much loyalty to his staff and players.
I also believe that the rumours that some of the key changes that were made in the Rams staff and players that led to his SB season were forced on him have some validity.

I also believe that to much emphasis can be put on speed in KC, where the weather can have an adverse affect on the style of play that they are bringing in.

I like the idea of speed, and think it does need to be added, but when the weather changes, I think that power becomes an important and necessary ingredient, and I'm afraid that Vermeil and co. are deemphasizing that aspect to much.

Finally, I have very lttle faith in Robinson as DC, and Ganz Jr. as STC.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-17-2001, 08:25 PM
Milkman,

Don't worry about the speed thing, yet. I read that Vermeil thinks the Chiefs have more power than speed, so far.

but anyway...be positive, Milkman!!! I believe that this team IS going to surprise some people. Am I a little too positive? Nah!!!:D I believe in the moves that have been made. Call me a homer, but I really do.

CG

if I set myself up for a letdown, who cares! I'm not afraid (and I'm sure DV is stressing this too) of failing, I will still enjoy watching my favorite team play this great sport we call football!!!

sit back and enjoy the ride, M!!!:D