PDA

View Full Version : Rison faces suspension...

58Forever
07-17-2001, 08:16 AM
On the wire:

One reason Andre Rison is not on an NFL roster is that he faces a possible suspension from the NFL due to allegedly failing to adhere to all of the prescribed aftercare conditions that are required for a repeat offender in the NFL's substance, alcohol and steroid abuse programs.

Nice to see he remains an upstanding citizen and member of the NFL no matter where he goes...:rolleyes:

seclark
07-17-2001, 08:24 AM
wasn't brock supposed to be getting married to old left eye?
sec

58Forever
07-17-2001, 08:30 AM
Maybe they celebrated too much at the reception and Rison accidently stuck his nose in some coke, or his arm got in the way of a steroid injection...

I'm just hoping I don't have to watch him for the first half of the season...

seclark
07-17-2001, 08:33 AM
oh i dont know...i could always watch him getting hit.
sec

Phobia
07-17-2001, 08:56 AM
That wedding never happened. I don't think Lisa could bear marrying a guy without a paycheck....

Rison will always be a rich guy - he'll be in the music industry (not as a performer) long after football is over. It's a shame but true.

Stryker
07-17-2001, 09:04 AM
Yea, ole "Left Eye" said (sang)...

"Ya gotta have a J-O-B if ya wanna be with me!"

seclark
07-17-2001, 09:10 AM
kphobia...well, brock might have a little more cash if left eye wouldn't have torched his place...

58Forever
07-17-2001, 10:06 AM
I'm sure the insurance paid him well...that is if he didn't pay his premium with a bad check...

I like to see him get hit too, but I can wait till November before I see that...

TEX
07-17-2001, 01:02 PM
The guy is simply an idiot.:cool:

Packfan
07-17-2001, 03:34 PM
nobody thought he was an "idiot" or "malcontent" when he was catching balls for the Chiefs.

Typical. Support the players, coaches, GM while they are with the Chiefs, bash the hell out of them once they leave. Rison has been a malcontent his entire career, but you couldnt convince anyone of that when he played for the Chiefs. Why?

Phobia
07-17-2001, 04:16 PM
That's BS and you know it.

I knew he was an idiot as did most of "us".

He behaved reasonably well during his time in KC until the bad checks & "stolen" rental equipment just before he was shipped out.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-17-2001, 04:31 PM
I'm familar with Left Eye and TLC, but I never really questioned why her freakin stupid name is left eye?

What's she going to name her kid, right eye?:rolleyes:

or Retina Lopez, Lens Lopez, Laser Surgery Lopez,...

I like the last one, "everyone, please give a nice warm welcome to Laser Surgery Lopez, he's new at our school."

geez... sorry, I'm rambling

CG

wonders what she (Lopez) was smokin (or burning) when she thought of that name (left eye)

Phobia
07-17-2001, 04:41 PM
Didn't she used to wear a condom package over her left eye when the group first started?

Chiefs Pantalones
07-17-2001, 04:56 PM
Kphobia,

I think so.

I can't think of whats more gross? The condom package, was just that, a condom package, or its a condom package that she found on the street...:eek: or its her and brocs.

CG

dude, thats some pretty ****ed up **** right there

Chiefs Pantalones
07-17-2001, 05:00 PM
Whoa, this is pretty neat!

I didn't now this BB had "bleeps"...

better check to be for sure...

****, ****head, ****brain, *******

Chiefs Pantalones
07-17-2001, 05:01 PM
whoops,

better take those two out:eek:

TEX
07-17-2001, 05:53 PM
Packfan,
You're DEAD WRONG to put me in that category that "supported Rison while he was a Chief." I HATED the deal from day 1 and thought he was an IDIOT when he was with the Falcons. I went on record as stating that many times. Don't let your blind hatred for Carl and Chief Homers get in the way here.

Gaz
07-18-2001, 06:21 AM
nobody thought he was an "idiot" or "malcontent" when he was catching balls for the Chiefs.

Typical. Support the players, coaches, GM while they are with the Chiefs, bash the hell out of them once they leave. Rison has been a malcontent his entire career, but you couldnt convince anyone of that when he played for the Chiefs. Why?

Your zeal to bash Chiefs fans makes you type foolish things, Packfan. There were plenty of Chiefs fans who did not want Rison. There were many Chiefs fans that called him an idiot, a malcontent and worse.

Your statement is wrong and designed solely to insult Chiefs fans.

Typical.

That fact that you are so desperate to bash Chiefs fans that you will fabricate opinions from whole cloth is a perfect illustration as to why some members have put you on "ignore."

xoxo~
Gaz
Eyeing the IGNORE button, too.

KCTitus
07-18-2001, 06:47 AM
Just another fine Packfan example. Nice one Ken.

Packfan
07-18-2001, 04:13 PM
Titus,

What happened to the "this is absolutely the last time I talk to Packfan....."

How many times have we heard that now?

Go away already ya dork!

Gaz,

I dont remember anyone bashing Rison at all including you. C'mon, the guy catches 80 + passes and you think you and other were bashing him??? Who the hell are you trying to kid? We both know what really happened. You loved him. So did most Chief fans.

Now, as typical with MOST ex-Chiefs, once a player/coach leaves, its open season for MOST Chief fans to bash him.

Dont argue with me on this one guys, its true and MOST of you know it.

Gaz
07-19-2001, 06:53 AM
You loved him.

Packfan-

You are wrong.

Not only are you wrong, but you put words in my mouth that were never there. In your obsessive need to bash Chiefs fans, you have insulted one of the few people who will bother to respond to the merit of your posts. That is rude and offensive, not to mention being a fairly stupid thing to do if you really want to discuss football.

I will not have conversations with anyone who does that. You wailed about respect being reciprocal. You have offended me.

I await your apology.

xoxo~
Gaz
Understands why some folks do not even bother.

Packfan
07-19-2001, 07:41 AM
Gaz,

You mean to tell me that while Rison was having his pro bowl year with the 13-3 Chiefs, you were complaining about what a bad pickup he was?????

C'mon, most of us werent born yesterday.

Gaz, admit you fool! You loved Rison. What Chief fan wouldnt have loved him?

But as typical with MOST Chief fans, love him while he is here, bash the hell out of him (and deny that you ever loved him) when he is gone. Very, very typical of MOST Chief fans.

Gaz, think about what I am saying, take a deep breath, and then respond. But be careful, your posts are beginning to resemble Titus' posts.

Gaz
07-19-2001, 08:08 AM
Packfan-

I told you that you had put false words in my mouth and told you that I found that offensive. I offered you a chance to retract your false statement. You refused.

Instead, you simply repeat the same false statements you made before.

As I said in my previous post, I will not have conversations with someone who does that.

So be it. You made your choice and I respect your right to do so.

xoxo~
Gaz
Finished.

Packfan
07-19-2001, 08:17 AM
Gaz,

You REALLY expect me and others to believe that you were totally against the Andre Rison signing while he was having his pro-bowl year for the 13-3 Chiefs????

OK Gaz. Whatever you say.

Dont feel bad Gaz. I have busted many of you guys. Remember how we used to have the
Grbackers and Grbashers? Does anyone support Grbac now that he is gone?? Hell no. A guy takes advantage of free agency and goes on to play for a winner and suddenly he is the most worthless piece of dung to ALL Chief fans. Its the same with Rison, shottenheimer, Cunningham, ect.

You seem like a very bright guy, Gaz. Dont stoop to Titus' level.

Phobia
07-19-2001, 08:17 AM
Of course we enjoyed Rison's production. Who wouldn't? But, if Rison weren't catching those balls, someone else would have, IMO. Just because we appreciate someone's production, doesn't mean we WANT that player representing our favorite team. How many Rison jerseys did you see around even when he was with the team? I know I never bought one and I even have an Elvis jersey.

BTW, Rison NEVER caught 80 balls with the Chiefs. He hasn't caught 80 for any other team but the Falcons.

Packfan
07-19-2001, 08:24 AM
I will tell you who didnt enjoy that production was GAZ!
He was totally against that signing. Didnt matter if Rison caught 100 passes!

As far as someone else catching those passes, who might that be? Lake Dawson? Chris Penn? Both guys are out of the league!

Phobia
07-19-2001, 08:29 AM
Packfan,

You wouldn't understand this, but most the former Chiefs that are bashed have BURNED THEIR BRIDGES in KC through the media. THAT is the common thread for players that we bash, not the fact that they left.

Have you seen ONE bad word posted about Glenn Parker? Joe Horn? Kevin Lockett? I could continue to list names, but these are some more recent departures.

You and I know that we've hoed this row before - why do you generalize so much? You are wrong about this and you know it. But, you also know that when you post it, you are able to piss people off. Congratulations - you've managed to piss the most laid back member of this board.

milkman
07-19-2001, 08:31 AM
Pac,
You see, you just generalize and stereotype.
You assume that every Chief fan is going to bash players that are no longer Chiefs.

You use Grbac as an example.

Let me tell you, I considered myself neutral when it came to Grbac, but supported him as a Chief.
But I always believed that the primary reason he never achieved the potential he had was the lack of quality coaching, and still believe that.
I don't support him, nor will I root for him, or bash him. but I'm betting now that he's with a coach that actually has a grasp of offense, he'll really develop.
I also think he might have learned to keep his mouth shut when it comes to pointing fingers.

Also, there are a couple of Chiefs fans on the Ravens board proping him up against some of the Grbashers that are over there.

Phobia
07-19-2001, 08:34 AM
Another player or multiple players would have caught those balls. Rison didn't dictate how much the Chiefs pass and if a situation calls for a pass, then the ball will be thrown to someone, right?

"Lake Dawson? Chris Penn?"
Oh - thanks for pointing out more players that we've never bashed.

Packfan
07-19-2001, 08:38 AM
Kphobia,

Calm down. Nobody needs to take anything personal.

You are right and make a good point. I havent heard anything bad about Parker, Horn, ect.
But I have heard a ton of bad stuff about marty, Bono, Elvis, Rison, Gannon, ect. The one that really irks me is Marty. The guy won with crap talent (especially on offense) but people want to focus more on the missed opportunities in the playoffs. I submit that the Chiefs dont even MAKE the playoffs with most other head coaches. In fact, they havent made the playoffs since his departure. What does that tell you? Instead of praising his accomplishments (most wins in decade, AFC championship, several division titles) many Chief fans rip the guy. Wouldnt it be nice to have him back? (yea, I know, you and other fans dont want him back. He is a loser!)

The same thing goes with Rison. How he burned his bridge with the Chief fans is a mystery to me. He behaved the same way before he got here, while he was here and after he left. He may have said some things, but the guy was CUT! Listen, I think he is a jerk too, but I am not going to say that I was ripping the Packers while Rison was catching a touchdown pass in the Super Bowl.

Baby Lee
07-19-2001, 10:45 AM
Does anyone support Grbac now that he is gone?? Hell no.

I am simply gonna say, that is not entirely accurate and leave it at that.

KCTitus
07-19-2001, 10:48 AM
JC: LOL! I know of one person that does. I believe it would be the author of that statement.

milkman
07-19-2001, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Packfan
Now, as typical with MOST ex-Chiefs, once a player/coach leaves, its open season for MOST Chief fans to bash him.

Excuse me Pac, but Phil cited far more examples of ex-Chiefs that we (MOST Chiefs fans) have not bashed than you can cite that have been bashed.

When you use Marty as an example, you are way off base, because I a in the minority that does bash him.
Gun is a poor example as well, because most were calling for his head and bashing him long before he was canned.

As far as I'm concerned you just continue to lose credibility, and it was already shakey.

Packfan
07-19-2001, 10:58 AM
Milk,

What about Grbac? Remember the debate on Grbackers and Grbashers? Are there ANY Grbackers now? I dont see any.

Ditto for Marty. I havent seen anyone support that guy.

gunter, while he was here, especially his first year, was the next coming of Vince Lombardi to MOST of you guys. I was ripping the fact that his defenses had stunk in Oakland, he was a yes man to Carl, and that with his 2nd lowest salary in the NFL, the Chiefs would get what they paid for (and they did). I was the ONLY one ripping the decision to hire that joke. Nobody else did. Now that he is gone, he is being called, among other things, the worst coach in the history of the NFL.

Maybe you dont see it, but as an outsider looking it, it is clear that Chief fans TYPICALLY support a player/coach (regardless of abilty) while they are here, then tear them to shreads when they depart. With Joe Horn, you really cant say anything bad about him because he was cut and he went on to have a pro bowl year. What should be said is something about the guy (Carl) who cut him. I have not read ONE item on that decision. I am sure once Carl is fired, then you guys will come out of the woodwork and talk about that assinine decison to let him go. But not until Carl gets fired. That decision to give up on Horn, cost the Chiefs a #1 pick (Morris). They already had a bonafide 2nd receiver. They didnt need to draft one. Parker is an offensive lineman. Not exactly a high profile or flashy position (like QB, Head Coach, WR).

You guys know I am correct. Just look at Gaz, Kphobia, ect. When they know I am correct, instead of acting like men and admitting it, they decide that they dont want to talk to me anymore. Remember doing that when we were in grade school?

Saggysack
07-19-2001, 11:04 AM
Any Tony Mandarich fans in GB?

milkman
07-19-2001, 11:17 AM
Pac,
You confuse fan's hopes with fan's perception.

I am on record as saying that DV was a bad hire.
I am on record as saying I wanted CP replaced.
I am on record as saying that I have little faith in Robinson.

In fact the only coach that was hired that I fully endorse is Joiner.

But I refuse to dwell on the negative.
I choose to hope that I'm wrong, and to concentrate on the positive.

I think many of the fans here are the same.

Negativity sucks, which is why so many have a low opinion of you.

DaWolf
07-19-2001, 12:28 PM
You think we're bad, come take a look at Raiderfan. Everyone on their team is a hall of famer while here. Well, with the exception of James Jett and Marquez Pope. But once they are gone, they get ripped. I think it's just a natural reaction of the hard core football fan. When a guy is here, you support them because their success means the success of your football team, and it is counterproductive to continuously rip them and hope for their faliure. This is not to say they shouldn't be critisized when deserved, and in general they are, along with times that aren't deserved. And of course when they are gone, they are the enemy, so screw them.

Now I rooted hard for Gunther Cunningham to become a successful NFL coach, and I looked at him like this ordinary Joe guy who actually cared about the fans and the city, etc. I was willing to give him a chance. However, I did raise concerns after he was hired to his inability to adapt, and pointed out that his defense in '95 was excellent, but it sucked in '96 when teams figured it out and started throwing short crossing patterns, and Gun couldn't adjust. '97, good d. '98, the Falcon was a faliure when they figured it out. There were also a lot of concerns raised about the coaching staff he hired. I lost a lot of respect for the guy when in year 2 he did not fire at least Schottenheimer and Stock. He signed his own death warrant.

Now Carl, he has made mistakes, no doubt. Most GM's do, and if you are in one place long enough, those will be magnified. But it could be argued that during his tenure here, we've had 3 teams in position to get to the Super Bowl ('93, '95, '97), and due to coaching mistakes or bad breaks, the team on the field did not get it done. Now we could argue that it is Carl's fault for not putting enough playmakers out there, but then we could turn around and say a lot of that was because he was bringing in the Marty profile guys and that had a lot to do with it, etc. That is a whole other thread.

Looking back, the biggest mistake Carl has made while here was hiring Gunther. I said at the time Marty resigned that I wish he had resigned two weeks earlier so we could have jumped in the Billick sweepstakes. I did not want another defensive minded head coach. Big mistake going with one. However, IMO, he's done enough good things here that he deserves one more shot with this new regime. If he and his buddy Vermiel can't get it done, then he will probably never get it done here....

tommykat
07-19-2001, 12:40 PM
In a NUTSHELL........the worst about having Rison as a Chief is that the number he wore was a discredit to the great OTIS TAYLOR who wore the number before the fool. It should have been retired! :confused: