PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Pages : 1 2 [3]

10-15-2008, 09:52 PM
It's invite only, and I don't have an invite. Sorry.Just giving ya crap.:D

Hammock Parties
10-25-2008, 11:51 PM
This had more suspense and danger than Crystal Lite.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-tIq4ICREkE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-tIq4ICREkE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2008, 03:08 PM
I finally watched Crystal Skull last night.

I wish I hadn't.

I've seen better student films.

Un-freakin'-believable.

Frazod
11-09-2008, 03:11 PM

I wish I hadn't.

Un-freakin'-believable.

I believe my IT NEVER HAPPENED approach to this film will be very successful. :thumb:

Deberg_1990
11-09-2008, 03:14 PM

I wish I hadn't.

Un-freakin'-believable.

Oh come on...It was a lazy effort overall.

But it wasnt quite that bad.

Ive watched it a few times on DVD with my son, and it does offer some sporadic fun.

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Oh come on...It was a lazy effort overall.

But it wasnt quite that bad.

Ive watched it a few times on DVD with my son, and it does offer some sporadic fun.

It was stunningly awful.

From the incredibly bad CGI to a borderline ridiculous dialog to poor acting performances (Cate Blanchette's baddie was laughable), this was an atrocious effort by all involved. And that's not to mention the ludicrous story.

If those were unknown actors, no one and I mean NO ONE would have ever heard of this movie.

irishjayhawk
11-09-2008, 03:31 PM
It was stunningly awful.

From the incredibly bad CGI to a borderline ridiculous dialog to poor acting performances (Cate Blanchette's baddie was laughable), this was an atrocious effort by all involved. And that's not to mention the ludicrous story.

If those were unknown actors, no one and I mean NO ONE would have ever heard of this movie.

Yep. It was as bad as South Park led on.

Deberg_1990
11-09-2008, 03:35 PM
It was stunningly awful.

Im probably wanting it to be more than it really is in my mind.

But it was fun to see Indy in action again.

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Im probably wanting it to be more than it really is in my mind.

But it was fun to see Indy in action again.

It wasn't even fun when the opening credits began.

The gopher hill was a sign that the movie would suck and a clear nod to a money grab.

And I'm a sucker because I bought the DVD.

irishjayhawk
11-09-2008, 04:37 PM

The gopher hill was a sign that the movie would suck and a clear nod to a money grab.

Return it for store credit. ;)

Frazod
11-09-2008, 04:41 PM

I feel the same way about the last Eagles CD.

Deberg_1990
11-09-2008, 04:44 PM

I liked it in bits and pieces.

Mainly:

The hot rod opening nod to Lucas's American Graffeti days.

The opening in the warehouse.

The malt shop greaser scene with Motocycle chase (No noticable CGI!)

The snake joke in the quicksand.

Parts of the truck chase and killer ant scene were good. Would have been alot better without the CGI and monkey swinging.

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Return it for store credit. ;)

Who am I, pr_capone?

:D

Deberg_1990
11-09-2008, 04:47 PM
oh.and John Williams score absolutely sucked. Especially when compared to the other 3 films.

Or it was toned down for some reason? Whatever, but it was nearly invisible in spots.

Stryker
11-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Movie was completely predictable. It had it's moments but a far cry from any of the other 3. Yes, I bought the DVD as well.

chop
11-10-2008, 09:54 AM
I rented the dvd last weekend. It was a major disappointment for me. It could have been a good movie if the producers were more creative. I lost interest part of the way through the movie. I guess I expected more than it delivered.

Deberg_1990
05-16-2010, 07:35 PM
Cannes 2010: Shia LaBeouf: We botched the last Indiana Jones

Shia thinks he was the one who messed it up.....ROFL

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2010/05/shia-labeouf-wall-street-2-indiana-jones-steven-spielberg.html

The last time Shia LaBeouf came to Cannes, in 2008, it was to promote "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," the revival of the swashbuckling adventure franchise that went on to earn a whopping $787 million around the world. LaBeouf is back on the Croisette this weekend to flog "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps," another revival of a classic from several decades ago. But he's not willing to forget about what he says were rampant problems with Indy 4 -- and he doesn't expect fans to, either.

"I feel like I dropped the ball on the legacy that people loved and cherished," LaBeouf said, explaining that this upped the ante for him before he began shooting the "Wall Street" sequel. "If I was going to do it twice, my career was over. So this was fight-or-flight for me."

Meeting with reporters Saturday on a terrace at the Hotel du Cap, he had some strong, confessional words about his acting in the film, which he said he felt didn't convince anyone that he was the action hero the movie claimed him to be. "You get to monkey-swinging and things like that and you can blame it on the writer and you can blame it on Steven [Spielberg, who directed]. But the actor's job is to make it come alive and make it work, and I couldn't do it. So that's my fault. Simple."

LaBeouf said that he could have kept quiet, especially given the movie's blockbuster status, but didn't think the film had fooled anyone. "I think the audience is pretty intelligent. I think they know when you've made ... . And I think if you don't acknowledge it, then why do they trust you the next time you're promoting a movie." LaBeouf went on to say he wasn't the only star on the film who felt that way. "We [Harrison Ford and LaBeouf] had major discussions. He wasn't happy with it either. Look, the movie could have been updated. There was a reason it wasn't universally accepted."

LaBeouf added, "We need to be able to satiate the appetite," he said. "I think we just misinterpreted what we were trying to satiate."

Asked whether this was difficult to say, given his deep relationship with Spielberg, LaBeouf continued with the directness.

"I'll probably get a call. But he needs to hear this. I love him. I love Steven. I have a relationship with Steven that supersedes our business work. And believe me, I talk to him often enough to know that I'm not out of line. And I would never disrespect the man. I think he's a genius, and he's given me my whole life. He's done so much great work that there's no need for him to feel vulnerable about one film. But when you drop the ball you drop the ball."

Interviewing LaBeouf is a unique experience. It's nearly impossible not to like the 23-year-old, who carries an honesty and a winning sincerity that endears him to you despite, or because of, his mispronunciation of words such as "schoolastic" and "hyperboil" (as though the word for exaggeration connotes a manic skin blemish). He's refreshingly honest, apparently engaged with subjects far beyond movies and willing to throw out whatever playbook his publicists no doubt beg him to use.

He's also relentlessly intense and unfailingly earnest, taking every question hyper-seriously. When asked whether shooting "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps" gave him some insight on what was wrong with our financial system, he said this, with exactly no interruptions:

"You can make the marketplace more transparent. If people had known who was paying for the mortgages instead of having to rely on Moody's triple-A (bull) rating -- transparency would have helped. The triple A rating thing is ridiculous. That's like Oliver [Stone] paying you for a review. The people who were bundling this toxic crap were paying Moody's for the review of their crap. That's ridiculous. You can't have bank holding companies acting as hedge funds. You can't have them taking a million-dollar pension plan for Joe Schmo the bus driver and treat it with the same risk appetite that you treat George Soros' pocket money. It's fundamentally ridiculous. And it hasn't gotten better very recently, actually. They went from bundling mortgages that were crap to bundling life insurance policies and betting on people's deaths. And you can't blame it all on the Street.... People's mentality needs to change. If the Greece contagion thing takes off and it goes from Spain to Ireland to Portugal things are going to change drastically for the world. Soup kitchens, it won't be that type of change. You won't get a depression that way. But it'll be very difficult. I think, my generation, it's hard to have hope when you got a $700-trillion derivatives debt to pay and a bubble about to explode and $500 trillion worth of GDP. You took all the money in the world and put it in a pot, you're $200 trillion short. It's scary, man. You know the average person born today owes $8,000? The average person getting out of college owes $75,000 with no job. I mean it's scary. My generation, it's a scary situation."

If only some of that energy had come through in the last Indiana Jones.

Ebolapox
05-16-2010, 07:45 PM
gaaaaah, what a putrid movie.

Hammock Parties
05-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Shia shouldn't be so hard on himself. There was no reason to have him racked in the nuts.

KcMizzou
05-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Wow, that raised my opinion of him quite a few notches.

And he could still turn out to be a pretty good actor some day... he's young.

05-16-2010, 08:06 PM
I still can't stand him

KcMizzou
05-16-2010, 08:09 PM
I still can't stand himYeah, my first reaction to hearing his name is still, "Ugh". But you've gotta respect that kinda honesty and just... candid talk.

Even though it made tons of money, he's saying, "Yeah, I realize it sucked. That's my bad." (And there were WAY more problems with the movie than just him.)

Seems like a guy who could learn from mistakes and be better for it.

05-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Yeah, my first reaction to hearing his name is still, "Ugh". But you've gotta respect that kinda honesty and just... candid talk.

Even though it made tons of money, he's saying, "Yeah, I realize it sucked. That's my bad." (And there were WAY more problems with the movie than just him.)

Seems like a guy who could learn from mistakes and be better for it.And then there is that mommy issue.

KcMizzou
05-16-2010, 08:23 PM
And then there is that mommy issue.LMAO

Yeah. That's pretty F'd up.

Tribal Warfare
05-16-2010, 08:49 PM
And then there is that mommy issue.

what mommy issue are you speaking of?

InChiefsHeaven
05-17-2010, 05:48 AM
Well, it's nice that somebody acknowledged what a piece of shit Crystal Skull was. I actually didn't even think he was the biggest problem in the movie. I think it starts with the plot, which was kinda dumb. I saw it in the theater and I think I wanted to like it so much that I just did...then I got the DVD and realized that no matter how much I wanted it to be good, it was just not.

Bane
05-17-2010, 05:51 AM
Well, it's nice that somebody acknowledged what a piece of shit Crystal Skull was. I actually didn't even think he was the biggest problem in the movie. I think it starts with the plot, which was kinda dumb. I saw it in the theater and I think I wanted to like it so much that I just did...then I got the DVD and realized that no matter how much I wanted it to be good, it was just not.

Agreed. I guess the next thing coming is the prequel.:doh!:

Red Brooklyn
05-17-2010, 10:14 AM
what mommy issue are you speaking of?
“Probably the sexiest woman I know is my mother. She’s an ethereal angel. Nobody looks like that woman. If I could meet my mother and marry her, I would. I would be with my mother now, if she weren’t my mother, as sick as that sounds.”
-Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen star Shia LaBeouf talking about his mom, Shayna, to Playboy magazine.

I think that's the "mommy issue" in reference.

morphius
05-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Agreed. I guess the next thing coming is the prequel.:doh!:
Nope, time for a reboot! ugh.

DMAC
05-17-2010, 12:22 PM
“Probably the sexiest woman I know is my mother. She’s an ethereal angel. Nobody looks like that woman. If I could meet my mother and marry her, I would. I would be with my mother now, if she weren’t my mother, as sick as that sounds.”
-Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen star Shia LaBeouf talking about his mom, Shayna, to Playboy magazine.

I think that's the "mommy issue" in reference.Uhhhhhhhh :spock:

Red Brooklyn
05-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Uhhhhhhhh :spock:
Exactly.

InChiefsHeaven
05-17-2010, 02:02 PM

I think that's the "mommy issue" in reference.

Post is worthless without...

DMAC
05-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Post is worthless without...No...trust me, dont do it. I looked. I advise you dont.

Red Brooklyn
05-17-2010, 03:19 PM
Post is worthless without...
Alright... but you asked for it...

http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/shia-labeouf-mothershia-labeouf-mothershia-labeouf-mother.jpg

InChiefsHeaven
05-17-2010, 08:20 PM
What...the... :spock:

Red Brooklyn
05-18-2010, 08:32 AM
Yeah.

Deberg_1990
06-29-2011, 01:48 PM
heh

Harrison Ford calls Shia LaBeouf a '****king idiot' for criticising Indiana Jones

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/harrison-ford-calls-shia-labeouf-a-fucking-idiot/220914

Harrison Ford has called his Indiana Jones co-star Shia LaBeouf a "fucking idiot" for publicly criticising the movie.

The pair appeared together in latter-day sequel Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull, but LaBeouf later spoke out against the film, saying he and director Steven Spielberg "dropped the ball".

Now Ford has lambasted his screen son for his comments. He told Details: "I think he was a fucking idiot. As an actor, I think it's my obligation to support the film without making a complete ass of myself. Shia is ambitious, attentive, and talented - and he’s learning how to deal with a situation which is very unique and difficult."

After poor critical reception to the film, LaBeouf said last May: "I feel like I dropped the ball on the legacy that people loved and cherished. I have a relationship with Steven that supersedes our business work. And believe me, I talk to him often enough to know that I'm not out of line. And I would never disrespect the man. But when you drop the ball you drop the ball."

He continued: "You get to monkey-swinging and things like that and you can blame it on the writer and you can blame it on Steven. But the actor's job is to make it come alive and make it work, and I couldn't do it. So that's my fault.”

LaBeouf recently claimed that the current Transformers: Dark Of The Moon would be his final outing in the monster robot franchise

Fire Me Boy!
06-29-2011, 01:57 PM
heh

Harrison Ford calls Shia LaBeouf a '****king idiot' for criticising Indiana Jones

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/harrison-ford-calls-shia-labeouf-a-****ing-idiot/220914

Harrison Ford has called his Indiana Jones co-star Shia LaBeouf a "****ing idiot" for publicly criticising the movie.

The pair appeared together in latter-day sequel Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull, but LaBeouf later spoke out against the film, saying he and director Steven Spielberg "dropped the ball".

Now Ford has lambasted his screen son for his comments. He told Details: "I think he was a ****ing idiot. As an actor, I think it's my obligation to support the film without making a complete ass of myself. Shia is ambitious, attentive, and talented - and he’s learning how to deal with a situation which is very unique and difficult."

After poor critical reception to the film, LaBeouf said last May: "I feel like I dropped the ball on the legacy that people loved and cherished. I have a relationship with Steven that supersedes our business work. And believe me, I talk to him often enough to know that I'm not out of line. And I would never disrespect the man. But when you drop the ball you drop the ball."

He continued: "You get to monkey-swinging and things like that and you can blame it on the writer and you can blame it on Steven. But the actor's job is to make it come alive and make it work, and I couldn't do it. So that's my fault.”

LaBeouf recently claimed that the current Transformers: Dark Of The Moon would be his final outing in the monster robot franchise

Yeah, well.... Harrison was a ****ing idiot for doing the film. At least LaBeouf, and I hate the guy as much as anyone, stood up and took the blame.

DMAC
06-29-2011, 02:13 PM
ROFL just so bad

JD10367
06-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Ford said, "As an actor, I think it's my obligation to support the film without making a complete ass of myself." In other words, you DO NOT BADMOUTH the film or the director or any part of it. Ford cashed his check, did his work, and did the dog-and-pony press junket without saying anything bad about the film. That's called being a professional. It's what kids like Shia and Megan Fox don't know yet. It's what Richard Dreyfuss did after "Jaws", which he now regrets. You do your job, you shut the fuck up, you don't burn bridges.

Fire Me Boy!
06-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Ford said, "As an actor, I think it's my obligation to support the film without making a complete ass of myself." In other words, you DO NOT BADMOUTH the film or the director or any part of it. Ford cashed his check, did his work, and did the dog-and-pony press junket without saying anything bad about the film. That's called being a professional. It's what kids like Shia and Megan Fox don't know yet. It's what Richard Dreyfuss did after "Jaws", which he now regrets. You do your job, you shut the **** up, you don't burn bridges.

Nah, I think you can acknowledge when something didn't go well. Shia has a personal relationship with Spielberg, so I don't think he burned any bridges there. He also didn't talk smack about Lucas or Ford, laid the blame at his own feet for not being able to pull it off. I certainly don't like the kid, but he didn't badmouth it until it was out of theaters, if I'm not mistaken, and well after it was universally panned as the POS that it was.

Frazod
06-30-2011, 09:12 AM
I guess LaBeouf needs a little more juice before he can get away with this stuff. One of my favorite movie star quotes, from Michael Caine regarding Jaws 4:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."

LMAO

JD10367
06-30-2011, 09:42 AM
I guess LaBeouf needs a little more juice before he can get away with this stuff. One of my favorite movie star quotes, from Michael Caine regarding Jaws 4:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."

LMAO

Ayup. And it's not like an actor has any real control over how a project turns out. I mean, unless he/she's got super juice with the studio, it's up to the producers, director, cinematographer, and editor. The actor can only act out their part as they think it needs to be. Hell, I think Ford said everyone on the "Star Wars" set thought the movie was going to be a joke and a flop. :shrug: Yeah, a lot of them start out to make "art", but they also like to make money, too. If someone offers them stupid-money to do something, they'll take it.

MarkDavis'Haircut
05-26-2023, 08:36 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

*NERDGASM*

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6845/indianajonescrystalskulhz2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

You never learn.