PDA

View Full Version : Programmer testifies on computerized election tampering

Taco John
12-11-2007, 09:02 PM
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ky-YXvxYbck&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed>

noa
12-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Wow, great find. When/where was this?

I can't remember which thread it was, but I posted a video of an MIT guy hacking a diebold machine and rigging an election in under a minute.

wazu
12-11-2007, 10:25 PM
My first six years in the career world were as a software developer. Introducing computerized voting is an absolutely asinine idea, and a threat to our democracy. Unlike most areas of IT, with voting the conveniences it is perceived to offer are minimal compared to the risks. The old way worked fine, there is no compelling reason to "technologimafy" voting. (Unless you are looking for a way to cheat.)

Pitt Gorilla
12-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Is anyone surprised?

KILLER_CLOWN
12-11-2007, 11:08 PM
Is anyone surprised?

No, nothing would surprise me these days. Better question is will anything be done about electronic forms of voting? Paper ballots only please.

BucEyedPea
12-12-2007, 06:44 AM
WoW! I was involved in the election debacle here in 2000 but I never liked the idea of computerized voting like we had now as a replacement. I preferred the optical scanner of those paper ballots where people checked off by hand who they wanted. This left a paper trail, was easier for most and even then these had some mistakes. They had these in Volusia-County and each time there was a recount they had theirs done the fastest. I could never understand why the Diebold machines were used as a replacement.