PDA

View Full Version : Carl Peterson's Entire Body of Work

cdcox
12-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Carl has opened the door. Let's kick it down.

Fact: since he has been in the league 22 different franchises have been to the Super Bowl. That's way more than half. Carl is a below average GM.

Let's roll.

FAX
12-11-2007, 11:25 PM
I got a headache last Sunday.

FAX

BigChiefFan
12-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Fourteen years straight with one single playoff victory and he's still in charge of running the team? That's shameful.

cdcox
12-11-2007, 11:29 PM
I got a headache last Sunday.

FAX

C'mon FAX, I left the whole "hasn't won a playoff game since 1993" pinata there for you to go all Barry Bonds on, and all you can come up with is that he gave you a headache?

Mecca
12-11-2007, 11:32 PM
He thinks just getting in the playoffs is good enough...like the last seed has the same chance as the 1 seed.....

That has got to be the dumbest shit ever.

irishjayhawk
12-11-2007, 11:34 PM
His drafts speak for themselves. He's hit the jackpot, say, 5 times? Other than that, mostly busts. And high busts.

12-11-2007, 11:34 PM
He thinks just getting in the playoffs is good enough...like the last seed has the same chance as the 1 seed.....

That has got to be the dumbest shit ever.
But it has happened.

suds79
12-11-2007, 11:35 PM
Fact: Carl Peterson has hired 4 coaches. Marty Schottenheimer, Gunther Cunningham, Dick Vermeil and Herman Edwards.

While I think Herm deserves one more year to show something, right now you'd have to say Carl is batting 1 for 4.

That very poor to say the least.

Mecca
12-11-2007, 11:35 PM
But it has happened.

You know how many teams have won a Superbowl without playing a home game?

1.......that's it 1. It's much harder now since use to the top wildcard got a home game, now wildcards get no home games.

12-11-2007, 11:37 PM
You know how many teams have won a Superbowl without playing a home game?

1.......that's it 1. It's much harder now since use to the top wildcard got a home game, now wildcards get no home games.
Don't over react to my statement. Just stating that it HAS been done. That is all Carl needs.

FAX
12-12-2007, 12:09 AM
C'mon FAX, I left the whole "hasn't won a playoff game since 1993" pinata there for you to go all Barry Bonds on, and all you can come up with is that he gave you a headache?

Okay, okay. How about this, Mr. cdcox?

Three playoff wins in the last 18 years.

FAX

cdcox
12-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Okay, okay. How about this, Mr. cdcox?

Three playoff wins in the last 18 years.

FAX

Much better! If everyone would do as much as you, we'd be having a new GM any day now.

Bugeater
12-12-2007, 01:09 AM
The Arizona Cardinals have won a playoff game more recently than we have.

Thig Lyfe
12-12-2007, 01:15 AM
The Arizona Cardinals have won a playoff game more recently than we have.

I know I'm not supposed to kill the messenger, but I'm tempted to shoot an arrow through your heart. :doh!:

FAX
12-12-2007, 01:49 AM
How many Brand Spankin' New Expansion Teams have won a playoff game since us? The Jags? The Panthers?

FAX

12-12-2007, 02:00 AM
How many Brand Spankin' New Expansion Teams have won a playoff game since us? The Jags? The Panthers?

FAX
Hell Fax, those two both went to their respective conference championship games in only their second year if memory serves.

FAX
12-12-2007, 02:54 AM
Hell Fax, those two both went to their respective conference championship games in only their second year if memory serves.

Well, that's bad then. Let's see .... Carl proved that we could be shown up by everybody in the entire league including all the teams in our division plus teams that didn't even exist when DJ was in high school.

FAX

Mr. Flopnuts
12-12-2007, 04:17 AM
Carl has opened the door. Let's kick it down.

Fact: since he has been in the league 22 different franchises have been to the Super Bowl. That's way more than half. Carl is a below average GM.

Let's roll.

We are sooooooooooooo due. :cuss:

HemiEd
12-12-2007, 06:55 AM
The worst part of Carl Petersons tenure: The team has returned to the laughing stock it was the day he came aboard.

TEX
12-12-2007, 07:15 AM
The worst part of Carl Petersons tenure: The team has returned to the laughing stock it was the day he came aboard.

Yep. With an idiot for a coach as well. :shake:

Skip Towne
12-12-2007, 07:26 AM
Yep. We have come full circle. I'm losing interest.

doomy3
12-12-2007, 07:31 AM
Yep. With an idiot for a coach as well. :shake:

Did Herm screw your wife or something?

Hammock Parties
12-12-2007, 09:24 AM

I don't think it's quite that bad.

Reerun_KC
12-12-2007, 09:26 AM

Herm is too conservative for that...

crazycoffey
12-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Herm is too conservative for that...

yup, he only got one finger in....

hawkchief
12-12-2007, 10:38 AM

You're getting Herm mixed up with Tony Pena.

siberian khatru
12-12-2007, 10:40 AM
Here's Carl's body of work:

http://www.sacred-destinations.com/mexico/images/guanajuato/mummy-cc-ehecatzin-400.jpg

FAX
12-12-2007, 02:13 PM

ROFL

ROFL ROFL ROFL

FAX

Chief Faithful
12-12-2007, 02:16 PM

Its worse, the team Carl inherited had more talent.

ChiefsCountry
12-12-2007, 02:22 PM

Yep that is the truth. Marty & Carl added DT & Dan Salameua to the defense and that was basically it for a while. They actually did most of their work on the OL with Grunhard & Szott.

siberian khatru
12-12-2007, 02:29 PM

That might be worth a separate thread. Be an interesting comparison.

It would be nice to have Albert Lewis, Cherry, Ross and Burruss in the secondary.

I'll take Alt at LT. Hell I'd probably take Rich Baldinger and David Lutz.

Lowery at K for sure. Maas at DT. Jayice Pearson at nickel. Dino Hackett at LB.

Does Stephone Paige beat Bowe? Okoye over LJ or Kolby?

underEJ
12-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Ever had one of those bosses that take credit for everyone's success, just because they hired them? Or in Carl's case, picked/hired them? I swear a boss I once had gave a speech at my goodbye lunch when I left the company that might as well have said he found me in a prehistoric ice block, thawed me out, taught me all about fire and wheels and everything else I know, and how proud he was of HIS accomplishment, as if I had nothing to do with it, or wouldn't have done all that wherever I ended up.

I can just see Peterson taking credit for all Jared Allen has accomplished, plus Priest Holmes, Dante Hall, Trent Green, the whole ex-offensive line, anybody who ever made a play on special teams. Heck, he might even take credit for guys he drafted that made it elsewhere.

bowener
12-12-2007, 03:13 PM
he does do that.

Otis99
12-12-2007, 09:59 PM
wildcards get no home games.

I don't mean to nitpick, but it is possible for a wildcard to get a home game. If the #5 and #6 seeds both advance to the championship game, neither of whom won their division, the 5 seed would host the game. So it's possible for a wildcard team to get ONE home game.

And by God they deserve it if the stars align and that unlikely scenario happens. I'd have to check, but off the top of my head my guess is that has never happened.

ChiefsCountry
12-12-2007, 10:23 PM
That might be worth a separate thread. Be an interesting comparison.

It would be nice to have Albert Lewis, Cherry, Ross and Burruss in the secondary.

I'll take Alt at LT. Hell I'd probably take Rich Baldinger and David Lutz.

Lowery at K for sure. Maas at DT. Jayice Pearson at nickel. Dino Hackett at LB.

Does Stephone Paige beat Bowe? Okoye over LJ or Kolby?

Don't forget about Neil Smith.

cjp27
12-12-2007, 10:42 PM
The Arizona Cardinals have more playoff wins in the past ten years than the Chiefs.

End of story.

doomy3
12-12-2007, 10:49 PM
This brings up an interesting question for those of you that have brought up playoff wins.

Would you rather have the Chiefs, who are at least contenders and fighting for the playoffs most years, or these teams who have more playoff appearences in the last 20 years?

Cardinals
Rams
Falcons
Dolphins
etc.

Mecca
12-12-2007, 10:53 PM
This brings up an interesting question for those of you that have brought up playoff wins.

Would you rather have the Chiefs, who are at least contenders and fighting for the playoffs most years, or these teams who have more playoff appearences in the last 20 years?

Cardinals
Rams
Falcons
Dolphins
etc.

2 of those teams made a Bowl.....one made it twice and won 1.....winning a bowl>than anything Carl has done.

CanadaKC
12-12-2007, 10:54 PM
to me...it's all about the drafting. And Carl sucks at it big time. For every winner..there are 4 times the amount of misfires. And Keeping Grbac rather than Gannon put a curse on this franchise ever since.

doomy3
12-12-2007, 10:55 PM
2 of those teams made a Bowl.....one made it twice and won 1.....winning a bowl>than anything Carl has done.

So, you would rather have the Rams as an organization over the last decade than the Chiefs? That's fair, but that is what I am asking.

banyon
12-12-2007, 10:55 PM

Cardinals
Rams
Falcons
Dolphins
etc.

Really? Are you allergic to Super Bowls or something?

Mecca
12-12-2007, 10:56 PM
So, you would rather have the Rams as an organization over the last decade than the Chiefs? That's fair, but that is what I am asking.

If it means 2 Bowl appearances and 1 win, then yes.

doomy3
12-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Really? Are you allergic to Super Bowls or something?

Not at all Banyon. I didn't say I would rather have the Chiefs success over any of these teams. It was a question, not anything more.

doomy3
12-12-2007, 10:59 PM
If it means 2 Bowl appearances and 1 win, then yes.

Hypothetically, how many bad years would you still follow that team for then before they were relevant again after that Super Bowl? The reason I am asking is because these 4-5 win seasons really suck and really take away the interest. Most of those teams I listed routinely go through these, but have had playoff success more recently/more often than we have.

Mecca
12-12-2007, 11:00 PM
The only one of those teams that I think is currently as bad and as a whole organizationally since Carl has been here done as many stupid things is the Dolphins.

They compare pretty much with us in their approach of just getting there and now bottoming out.

Mecca
12-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Hypothetically, how many bad years would you still follow that team for then before they were relevant again after that Super Bowl? The reason I am asking is because these 4-5 win seasons really suck and really take away the interest. Most of those teams I listed routinely go through these, but have had playoff success more recently/more often than we have.

If the Chiefs had the exact same history as the Rams do since 99 I don't think anyone here would be nearly as upset.

doomy3
12-12-2007, 11:05 PM
The only one of those teams that I think is currently as bad and as a whole organizationally since Carl has been here done as many stupid things is the Dolphins.

They compare pretty much with us in their approach of just getting there and now bottoming out.

I would have to say the Falcons would be in at least as bad of a state. Those were just 4 teams off the top of my head. You could throw many other teams in the discussion too if you wanted like the Raiders, Lions, Bengals, etc.

KCWolfe
12-13-2007, 12:48 AM
In the past 13 years, the old AFC West has been represented in the Super Bowl 5 times. Denver twice, Oakland, San Diego and Seattle. Strangely, I don't see the Chiefs name listed here. It seems odd that the only team out of the AFC West who hasn't played for a Super Bowl in my lifetime is the Chiefs. Odd, that is, until you consider they are the only team with a GM who has no desire to make it to the Super Bowl. I'd rather have 5 years of Glory, followed by 6 years of Hell. Carl has given me 19 years of mediocrity and heartbreak.

Ari ümlaüt
12-13-2007, 01:06 AM
remember that one time when the Chiefs made it to the AFC Conference Championship? Wow. Those were the day.

Ari ümlaüt
12-13-2007, 01:07 AM
In the past 13 years, the old AFC West has been represented in the Super Bowl 5 times. Denver twice, Oakland, San Diego and Seattle. Strangely, I don't see the Chiefs name listed here. It seems odd that the only team out of the AFC West who hasn't played for a Super Bowl in my lifetime is the Chiefs. Odd, that is, until you consider they are the only team with a GM who has no desire to make it to the Super Bowl. I'd rather have 5 years of Glory, followed by 6 years of Hell. Carl has given me 19 years of mediocrity and heartbreak.

great first post.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-13-2007, 01:16 AM

Are you f*cking retarded??

They have the hardware and a place in NFL history. Everyone will remember The Greatest Show on Turf, and all their players and fans have the Super Bowl to remember, which might just be the best SB, ever (I preferred XXIII).

The Chiefs offense was actually as good for a longer period, but no one will remember those teams in 10 years save for us, and the players and fans have nothing to show for the last 20, other than bitterness.

Bugeater
12-13-2007, 01:20 AM

Cardinals
Rams
Falcons
Dolphins
etc.
I wouldn't want to be a fan of any of those teams, but the lack of playoff wins is a valid criticism. The fact that those loser franchises have managed to come up with playoff wins shows that it's not asking all that much to see one at least once a friggin' decade.

DaWolf
12-13-2007, 03:54 AM
Carl needs to go. Right now the only positive I can find is that he's had a pretty good run against the Faiders, who I despise.

I remember back in the 90's the Faiders still referred to themselves as the "Team of the Decades" and the "Winningest franchise in professional sports." Funny how 15 years of crap football flushes all that down the toilet...

12-13-2007, 04:49 AM
Carl needs to go. Right now the only positive I can find is that he's had a pretty good run against the Faiders, who I despise.

I remember back in the 90's the Faiders still referred to themselves as the "Team of the Decades" and the "Winningest franchise in professional sports." Funny how 15 years of crap football flushes all that down the toilet...
"Just win baby."

MahiMike
12-13-2007, 08:13 AM
Yeah, but he's in the top 10 for "Butts in Seats".

You have no one to blame but yourself.