PDA

View Full Version : A video for the fathers out there...

Taco John
12-12-2007, 02:21 AM
This one touched my heart...

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t_zDnBe6R5g&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed>

BucEyedPea
12-12-2007, 07:29 AM
Awe! Makes me cry.

Radar Chief
12-12-2007, 08:05 AM
Thatís pretty sad even for Teej.
Iíve seen this video before and itís a good one. Too bad the Ron Paullianas had to pervert it with their political tripe.

stevieray
12-12-2007, 08:07 AM
spend more time with your son...

thehead
12-12-2007, 08:30 AM
Unconditional love of a child is a beautiful thing . It's a privilege to be a parent :clap:

Taco John
12-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Iíve seen this video before and itís a good one. Too bad the Ron Paullianas had to pervert it with their political tripe.

NOthing perverted about bringing our noble troops home to raise their sons and daughters.

Radar Chief
12-12-2007, 10:06 AM
NOthing perverted about bringing our noble troops home to raise their sons and daughters.

Donít know why Iíd have expected anything better than deflection from you. :shake:

Taco John
12-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Deflection? *shrug*

Do you know what this word means? Because you're using it in a very odd way.

Radar Chief
12-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Deflection? *shrug*

Do you know what this word means? Because you're using it in a very odd way.

Yes, though I'm sure you need to believe otherwise.

Mr. Kotter
12-12-2007, 10:21 AM

At least our troop's reason for not spending as much time with their kids is that they are serving their country with honor and distinction, in protecting the national security interests of our nation (whether or not you or I agree with it)...unlike the lame excuses many parents offer, to rationalize the personal time they waste in truly useless pursuits....

:hmmm:

patteeu
12-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Demagoguery?

Taco John
12-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Demagoguery?

Not any moreso than the demagoguery that exists to scare us into the idea that Iran is going to kill us all sometime soon if we don't nuclear strike them before Bush leaves office...

patteeu
12-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Not any moreso than the demagoguery that exists to scare us into the idea that Iran is going to kill us all sometime soon if we don't nuclear strike them before Bush leaves office...

Have you seen any videos with kids in them selling that idea? To be honest, I haven't seen any heart-tugging videos selling that idea at all.

Taco John
12-12-2007, 02:07 PM
Have you seen any videos with kids in them selling that idea? To be honest, I haven't seen any heart-tugging videos selling that idea at all.

Your point?

I think your personal definition of demagoguery does not encompass the full actual definition.

Taco John
12-12-2007, 02:09 PM

By the way, even under your limited, incorrect definition, you're wrong anyway...

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LWA052-Bl48&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed>

patteeu
12-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Your point?

I think your personal definition of demagoguery does not encompass the full definition.

No, I realize that "heart tugging" and "kid centered" are not the exclusive definition of demagoguery. But you said it was no more demagogic than that which has taken place in support of attacking Iran with nukes. First of all, I don't know of much of an effort to get the nation behind a *nuclear* attack on Iran at all, but leaving that aside, I don't think the security appeals that may rely to some extent on fear are nearly as demagogic as what's in this video about the poor children. That's JMO, I guess.

patteeu
12-12-2007, 02:11 PM
By the way, even under your limited, incorrect definition, you're wrong anyway...

How does that make me wrong? I just asked the question and said I hadn't seen any, which is true.

Taco John
12-12-2007, 02:37 PM
I don't think the security appeals that may rely to some extent on fear are nearly as demagogic as what's in this video about the poor children.

I already acknowledged that you had a limited definition from the actual one. I'm not sure what more I can give you at this point...

patteeu
12-12-2007, 02:38 PM
I already acknowledged that you had a limited definition from the actual one. I'm not sure what more I can give you at this point...

I'm not really sure what's confusing you, unless it's an inability to judge the relative emotionalism involved in the different arguments.

Saulbadguy
12-12-2007, 02:39 PM
That kid is going to get his ass kicked after school for crying like a little girl in front of everyone. JMO.

trndobrd
12-12-2007, 03:10 PM
That would be horribly pathetic if it were anything more than a some loser in his basement playing around with an outdated version of Microsoft Movie Maker.

Taco John
12-12-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm not really sure what's confusing you, unless it's an inability to judge the relative emotionalism involved in the different arguments.

I have expressed no confusion. I understand that you don't feel that fear mongering equates to demagouging. I defer to the actual definition, and not your re-spinning of it.

patteeu
12-12-2007, 05:49 PM
I have expressed no confusion. I understand that you don't feel that fear mongering equates to demagouging. I defer to the actual definition, and not your re-spinning of it.

You're expressing confusion right now as you misrepresent (misunderstand?) my position.