PDA

View Full Version : One house, Two TVs

Archie F. Swin
12-13-2007, 07:12 AM
Earlier in the year my daughter caused our primary TV to fall out of the armoire. This opened up the opportunity to for us to by a flat screen HDTV. Well probably being using analog cable for a while, but eventually I may seek out an HD provider.

Are there services out there where you can get "split definition" programing... where I can get the same channel line up for both my standard definition set and my HD set from one provider?

Baby Lee
12-13-2007, 08:34 AM
Earlier in the year my daughter caused our primary TV to fall out of the armoire. This opened up the opportunity to for us to by a flat screen HDTV. Well probably being using analog cable for a while, but eventually I may seek out an HD provider.

Are there services out there where you can get "split definition" programing... where I can get the same channel line up for both my standard definition set and my HD set from one provider?
On Dish, HD channels are duplicates of the SD channels. MoF, they're replicated all over the place. That is, using an OTA antenna, for CBS alone I have a SD channel 4 from antenna, an HD channel 4 from antenna, an SD channel 4 from Satellite, an HD channel 4 from Satellite, an SD channel 8591 from satellite, and an HD channel 6454 from satellite.