PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360 Madden 2008 question

Dicky McElephant
12-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Anyone know how to change people's positions?

I'm thinking it can't be done because I've looked everywhere. But I have been known to be retarded every now and again.

Huffman83
12-13-2007, 01:06 PM
I've been having that problem on the PS3, I was thinking you would have to wait until the off season to be able to change things but I was wrong.

I've released Jimmy Wilkerson thinking I could just move Turk over to fill in the open DE spot. But it wouldn't allow me to change from LE/RE. I'd also tried to draft a Rolb and turn him into a Lolb for when Donnie Edwards retires.....no luck.

kaplin42
12-13-2007, 01:46 PM
They removed that feature on Madden 2k8. So if you need a LOLB, you have to sign or draft a LOLB, no more subbing someone in there just for shits and giggles.

Personally, I think it sucks. You should be able to put whoever you want in any position.

Dicky McElephant
12-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Hell yeah because all of the good tackles in the draft are left tackles. I want to switch one of them over to the RT position but I can't. You can start them there in the depth chart....but I still have to sign two LTs for depth purposes. Freaking stupid...

Huffman83
12-13-2007, 02:30 PM
I kind of figure ...it's my team...I'll put who I want, where I want!

F*ck You MADDEN!

Dicky McElephant
12-13-2007, 02:43 PM
Exactly. I think they may have taken that out because of the ways you could skate around the salary cap and make players Gods. You could basically turn Peyton Manning into a kicker and resign him to a 7 year deal for chump change...and then go back and change him to a QB who's making jack. Plus you could take fast, strong LBs and make them Gods at DE.

Seriously though....who cares. If someone wants to cheat themselves like that....why stop everyone else from making it easy to manage the roster.

pr_capone
12-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Anyone have been able to continue training players after the 2nd season? Everything locks up in pause mode when I go to train.

kaplin42
12-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Exactly. I think they may have taken that out because of the ways you could skate around the salary cap and make players Gods. You could basically turn Peyton Manning into a kicker and resign him to a 7 year deal for chump change...and then go back and change him to a QB who's making jack. Plus you could take fast, strong LBs and make them Gods at DE.

Seriously though....who cares. If someone wants to cheat themselves like that....why stop everyone else from making it easy to manage the roster.

Agreed. People were really trying to manipulate their cap by doing this. But I don't understand why, if you play in francise mode, then after a season or two the cap is so high you can pay players their starting asking price and still have tons of room.

I happened to really like the flexibility to move players around if I liked. I didn't do the stuff you mentioned, but moving a LT to the RT spot or something worked for me quite a bit.

Edit for unintentional douchebaggery

Fishpicker
12-13-2007, 03:56 PM
i bought this for Wii when it came out (wanted to try some new mechanics) In the Wii version if you want to change positions you go to my madden -> roster management -> view roster -> select player -> edit info.

It's probably not the same for 360 though

Dicky McElephant
12-13-2007, 05:19 PM
i bought this for Wii when it came out (wanted to try some new mechanics) In the Wii version if you want to change positions you go to my madden -> roster management -> view roster -> select player -> edit info.

It's probably not the same for 360 though

You can edit the name and number but you can't edit the position. It's annoying as hell.