PDA

View Full Version : Please....can you believe this garbage?

DaKCMan AP
07-19-2001, 12:01 PM
From BayArea.com

FOR THE FIRST TIME in seemingly forever, Raiders fans have a reason to be confident instead of hopeful on the eve of training camp.

Their team reached the AFC Championship game last season and would've advanced to the Super Bowl if it weren't for a cheap-shot belly flop by Baltimore Ravens fatso Tony Siragusa and a half-hearted tackle by Raiders safety Marquez Pope.

Really, would Rich "stiff-arm" Gannon have made a difference in that game? Did ONE tackle make a difference in that game? Please...the Faiduhs were man-handled. Spin, Spin, Spin.....

http://www.bayarea.com/c/category/sports_and_recreation/football/oakland_raiders/docs/contracostatimes/neil_20010719.htm

KCWolfman
07-19-2001, 07:38 PM
I believe that St. Rich was something like 1-11 before the hit by Pizza the Hut Siragusa.

What makes anyone think he would have been any better afterwards?

stevieray
07-19-2001, 08:13 PM
nuff said.

KCWolfman
07-19-2001, 08:30 PM
The more I read this post, the more it gets under my skin.

a half-hearted tackle by Raiders safety Marquez Pope.

What the hell does this mean? If we tried harder we would have won?

SHUH!!!

Who in the world pretended to have a journalism degree with this crap?

KCGannonStalker
07-19-2001, 08:36 PM
What makes anyone think he would have been any better afterwards?

Because Rich Gannon is the Second Coming of Christ, the Savior of Mankind, the Leader of the Free World, a Knight in Shining Armor, Prince Valiant and the best darned quarterback ever. (Plus, he has a really fine tushie.)

Get a clue, Mr. Wolfie. Rich Gannon is a certifiable STAR and Carl Peterson has come to rue the day he put all his eggs in one Grbasket.

http://kcgannonstalker.homestead.com/files/rgass.jpg

Chiefs Pantalones
07-19-2001, 08:57 PM
LOL!!! KCGannonStalker!!!!!!!

CG

:D

KCWolfman
07-19-2001, 10:04 PM
Stalker - I hadn't taken the tushie factor into account.

mcan
07-20-2001, 01:02 AM
Don't kill me, but this article is actually pretty good. In KC we have very pessimistic journalists, who like to get involved rather than report. Remember the AFC Champioship game when Joe went down? He wasn't having a very good day, but we were all pissed when 3 Bills hit him at the same time, and sent him into lala land. And while, true the "tackle" thing sounds dorky, we all laid into Dale Carter and more recently Carlton Grey for some shotty tackling that cost us games. This author's point isn't that the Raider's should have won the Super Bowl, it's that they have hope going into training camp. Plus, this little bit is really great:

If the current trend holds, the Raiders should be concerned more with those teams who appear in their rearview mirror, where in the NFL, anyway, objects often are larger than they appear.

That means seemingly mediocre teams such as the New York Jets (9-7), Buffalo Bills (8-8), Pittsburgh Steelers (9-7), Green Bay Packers (9-7) and Kansas City Chiefs (7-9) should be among the most feared.

I just hope he's right about the Chiefs, and I hope the Raider's hopes are all in vain.

hawaiianboy
07-20-2001, 01:52 AM
http://www.kcstar.com/cgi-bin/photogallery/gallery/2000chiefs9 http://www.kcstar/cgi-bin/photogallery/gallery/2000chiefs15

Just about 2 months before you have to trade in those Siragusa jammies for Gimp Green jerseys and live on the merits of your own teams accomplishments against the Silver and Black.....

hawaiianboy
07-20-2001, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by KCWolfman
The more I read this post, the more it gets under my skin.

What the hell does this mean? If we tried harder we would have won?

SHUH!!!

Who in the world pretended to have a journalism degree with this crap?

You know I don't go in for shoulda's or woulda's BUT I think Pope's halfassed tackle was the turning point of the game, not Goose's jello bomb..... The Ravens won and they deserved to win..... but I would have liked our chances alot better had Pope just done his job....

Remember at the time of Popes whiff... the score was 0-0... the Raisins had the ball on their own 4... 3rd and 17.... Pope makes a tackle and they're punting from their own goal line.... At worst we get the ball at midfield...

No excuse for Pope... Since we blitzed the backer lined up on Sharpe... the strong safeties first read is the TE who in this case became the QB's hot read....Pope should have hit him like he stole something instead of slowing down and losing containment.....

I'm not saying we would have won, but Raider fans have every right to critisize this play... IMO, it was the big play that determined the outcome of the game.... not as I said, Gooses splash (perfectly legal BTW).....

Chiefs Pantalones
07-20-2001, 02:15 AM
HB,

But Gannon was playing like crap even before the hit.

And Pope. Good teams over come those mistakes.:D :p

CG

you'll get em' next year er decade:D

Chiefs Pantalones
07-20-2001, 02:18 AM
And if that were to occur (get the ball at midfield because Pope made the tackle) you guys still would have went 3 and out. You couldn't and were not going to move the ball on those guys.

excuses, excuses:D

mcan
07-20-2001, 02:20 AM
h boy,
although I must be out of my mind to agree w a raider fan, I think it's perfectly ok to blame certain people for not doing their jobs. Esp, when a safety misses a tackle. However, I resent the fact you think Chiefs fans live vicariously through the Ravens. I don't remember celebrating a Super Bowl victory, In fact, I was rooting for the Giants. (I love what they did to the Vikes)
All in all, I hope we beat the livin tar out of your precious raiders in week one.

All my love,
mcan.:D :D :D :D

hawaiianboy
07-20-2001, 02:34 AM
mccann...

I was not referring to you....

Cody....
Reread what I wrote.... I'm not making any excuses.... as I have said many of time... the Birds deseserved the Hunt cup... I really should not have to explain what that one play meant to the game,.. not only in terms of momentum... but also in terms of field position.... the Ravens weren't exactly looking like an offensive juggernaut out there either...... How Gannon looked pre-injury is irrelevant to Pope's play....

Chiefs Pantalones
07-20-2001, 02:36 AM
HB,

I'm just kiddin around with ya;)

LoudMouth
07-20-2001, 11:09 AM
Because Rich Gannon is the Second Coming of Christ, the Savior of Mankind, the Leader of the Free World, a Knight in Shining Armor, Prince Valiant and the best darned quarterback ever. (Plus, he has a really fine tushie.)

What are you smoking, can I possibly have a little so I can leave reality for a while also?

DanT
07-20-2001, 04:08 PM
The AFC Championship game was in the bag the second that the Baltimore defensive coordinator decided that he was going to stack the box against Gannon and force Gannon to beat them with his arm. That decision happened at some point before the game and when it was announced by the TV commentators this particular Chiefs fan almost pulled his "vicarious" muscle from laughing so hard.

Libya has a better chance of beating someone through the air than Gannon does.

California Injun
07-20-2001, 11:43 PM
hawaiinboy,

I coulda sworn it was Anthony Dorsett that missed that tackle on Sharpe and not Pope. But then I coulda sworn the Raiders would have lost that game irregardless of the phantom tackle or Waterboy getting force-fed Gatorade by Blubberboy.

The Ravens had the prefect defense to thwart the Dink until you Blink offense that Gruden designed that day.

So was it Dorsett?

Rausch
07-21-2001, 02:28 AM
"Libya has a better chance of beating someone through the air than Gannon does."

Now THAT is funny........Kadaffi(sp) even around anymore?

:eek: