PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul has been guaranteed an hour of time on Glenn Beck's show this Tuesday

SNR
12-13-2007, 10:36 PM
December 18th 7 PM ET. Beck lived up to his promise and thankfully the campaign accepted the opportunity.

Beck isn't as big of a ****tard as Bill O'Rly. Paul will actually get an opportunity to back his argument up instead of speaking in one-sentence snippets of bullshit that Bill wanted him to do.

Should be a good show, no matter whose side you're on regarding Dr. Paul.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7hPKChWbbZY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7hPKChWbbZY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Ultra Peanut
12-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Glenn Beck is perhaps even more retarded than the craziest Ron Paul supporter.

SBK
12-13-2007, 11:21 PM
Glenn Beck is hilarious. He's the only political radio guy that I'd listen to for a good laugh.

Since he's conservative we should probably just have him executed and save you libs the time of listening to him though.

Mr. Kotter
12-13-2007, 11:48 PM
:thumb:

I suspect that you, Adam, Tacopenchief, ENDelt and BEP will be viewing. That will probably raise Beck's ratings....oh, what, 5%??? :hmmm:

;)

KILLER_CLOWN
12-13-2007, 11:52 PM

I suspect that you, Adam, Tacopenchief, ENDelt and BEP will be viewing. That will probably raise Beck's ratings....oh, what, 5%??? :hmmm:

;)

I wonder if he will backtrack on his "Ron Paul supporters are terrorists" insinuation, jumpin jihad i hope so.

Mr. Kotter
12-13-2007, 11:57 PM
I wonder if he will backtrack on his "Ron Paul supporters are terrorists" insinuation, jumpin jihad i hope so.

Eh, probably. Paul's supporters are not terrorists.

They are just from the shallow end of the gene pool. Tacopenchief, as the quintessential example.... ;)

(FTR, I am JK....I said, depending on the nominees, I can envision voting for Paul....though it's quite unlikely.)

Taco John
12-13-2007, 11:57 PM

;)

Apparently you have no clue about Glenn Beck's ratings. Among other things, of course.

Mr. Kotter
12-14-2007, 12:00 AM
Apparently you have no clue about Glenn Beck's ratings. Among other things, of course.

I realize in geeko-cable-nerd-political-idealist wonkville Beck is a "up-and-comer" and has decent "cable" ratings....

but in the REAL world, that amounts to jack-squat. :)

Taco John
12-14-2007, 12:09 AM
I realize in geeko-cable-nerd-political-idealist wonkville Beck is a "up-and-comer" and has decent "cable" ratings....

but in the REAL world, that amounts to jack-squat. :)

AM Radio is the number one tuned-into medium in the United States you moron. It also has the highest voting public of any other medium available.

I'm no fan of Glenn Beck, but I know enough about him to respect where he's been, where he's at now, and where his trajectory is taking him.

You, on the other hand, were telling us that Fred Thompson was going to energize the Republican party.

Pitt Gorilla
12-14-2007, 12:23 AM
Beck sounds completely different regarding Paul than earlier in the campaign. What happened?

Taco John
12-14-2007, 12:25 AM
Beck sounds completely different regarding Paul than earlier in the campaign. What happened?

I wouldn't go that far. Beck has taken a more subdued tone in order to get Dr. Paul on his show, but I still don't trust the douche bag.

Pitt Gorilla
12-14-2007, 12:26 AM
I wouldn't go that far. Beck has taken a more subdued tone in order to get Dr. Paul on his show, but I still don't trust the douche bag.It doesn't matter. Beck isn't smart enough to out-wit Paul.

Taco John
12-14-2007, 03:50 AM
It doesn't matter. Beck isn't smart enough to out-wit Paul.

Oh, of course not. But it's not brains that I'm worried about. Neo-cons just use snark when they can't match up against the truth. They call you things like "fringe" rather than debating the new idea on its merits, or simply dismiss that the new idea has any merit at all (Ideas that are new are "fringe" because they're not traditional).

I'm just hoping that rather than get sarcastic and snarky, Beck actually engages in a dialogue. My expectations are low for him.

SNR
12-14-2007, 09:04 AM
Oh, of course not. But it's not brains that I'm worried about. Neo-cons just use snark when they can't match up against the truth. They call you things like "fringe" rather than debating the new idea on its merits, or simply dismiss that the new idea has any merit at all (Ideas that are new are "fringe" because they're not traditional).

I'm just hoping that rather than get sarcastic and snarky, Beck actually engages in a dialogue. My expectations are low for him.Any worse than McCain and Rudy have done on Meet The Press? Only in those cases, the questions were completely fair and they were given time to answer and they just personally wet themselves.

patteeu
12-14-2007, 09:05 AM

I don't see any difference. Beck has always said he agrees with Paul on many things but that he can't agree with his position on the GWoT. I doubt that Beck's opinion of the fringiest Ron Paul supporters has changed either.

patteeu
12-14-2007, 09:07 AM

I'm just hoping that rather than get sarcastic and snarky, Beck actually engages in a dialogue. My expectations are low for him.

I bet he'll be respectful, but he'll call Ron Paul out on his foolish foreign policy views.

SNR
12-14-2007, 09:09 AM
I bet he'll be respectful, but he'll call Ron Paul out on his foolish foreign policy views.Good. That's where Paul makes his best points and looks the smartest.

BucEyedPea
12-14-2007, 09:11 AM
Good. That's where Paul makes his best points and looks the smartest.
Not to mention that's where his most popular stands are...except to the real "fringe."

patteeu
12-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Good. That's where Paul makes his best points and looks the smartest.

You've probably seen him more than I have, but my experience is that that's when he's at his most shrill.

KILLER_CLOWN
12-14-2007, 09:28 AM
You've probably seen him more than I have, but my experience is that that's when he's at his most shrill.

You still consider Bush ultra conservative correct?

patteeu
12-14-2007, 09:40 AM
You still consider Bush ultra conservative correct?

I've never considered Bush ultra conservative. In fact, I voted against him in 2000 precisely because I didn't think he was conservative at all. Since then, he's pleasantly surprised me with some conservative actions (e.g. his SCOTUS nominations and his tax cuts on investment income), but he's reinforced my view that he's not adequately conservative on several occasions (e.g. prescription drugs and federal involvement in education). He has been a better than expected war president though.

I've repeated this on a number of occasions. I don't hold you responsible for reading every one of my posts, but I don't understand where you would have gotten the impression that I ever thought he was ultra conservative.

Dick Cheney is a conservative.

Mr. Kotter
12-14-2007, 10:11 AM

You, on the other hand, were telling us that Fred Thompson was going to energize the Republican party.

Holy crap....either you are now resorting to outright lies, or you just keep getting more stupid every day. Probababy both.

I've have never, ever stated that Fred would "energize" the party. He is simply "my" candidate.

I've merely maintained that based on substance and electability, he is a better choice than any of the other Republican candidates--and could unite the party in a way that hasn't happened since the Reagan days.

Either produce a link, or else your lie is exposed....you idiot. :rolleyes:

Cochise
12-14-2007, 10:12 AM
8% of likely republican voters have been guaranteed to care.

KILLER_CLOWN
12-14-2007, 10:15 AM
8% of likely republican voters have been guaranteed to care.

heh, 37,000 donors in 1 day, i'm sure your 8% number was not biased in anyway. Your comedy of errors is influencing Billions worldwide.

Grassroots activists at ThisNovember5th.com hoped to get 100,000 subscribers to donate $100 each on November 5, 2007, Guy Fawkes night: they raised contributions from over 37,000 donors in that 24-hour time period, netting over $4.3 million, the largest documented one-day online fundraising record in political history

Cochise
12-14-2007, 10:54 AM
heh, 37,000 donors in 1 day, i'm sure your 8% number was not biased in anyway. Your comedy of errors is influencing Billions worldwide.

I could only dream of being as effective a comic as you have been here in the past week or two.

Ultra Peanut
12-14-2007, 10:55 AM
The great thing about Paultards is their insane fervor. It's what really makes them shine.

Like GOLD.

SNR
12-14-2007, 01:53 PM
8% of likely republican voters have been guaranteed to care.A lot more than 8 percent of Republican voters tune into Glenn Beck and other shows like that.

SNR
12-14-2007, 01:58 PM
The great thing about Paultards is their insane fervor. It's what really makes them shine.

Like GOLD.By the way, Ron Paul never said that statement in your sig. But whatever. You found misinformation that turns him into a racist, and now you can run with it all you want, I guess, right?

Cochise
12-14-2007, 02:09 PM
A lot more than 8 percent of Republican voters tune into Glenn Beck and other shows like that.

Really? Fully 10% of Republican likely voters listen to this guy's show? He must be the highest rated radio show in America. Common sense would tell you that less than 10% of people even listen to a talk radio show every day. But not only do they, but Beck's got them all? Holy moly!

ROFL

patteeu
12-14-2007, 02:09 PM
By the way, Ron Paul never said that statement in your sig.

I'm just curious, but how do you know that?

Nightfyre
12-14-2007, 04:19 PM
I'm just curious, but how do you know that?
http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/articles/is-ron-paul-a-racist.html

It may not be the best source, but it has an explanation. The newsletter evidently was written by someone else with his name on it. As it was his newsletter, he feels responsible for it despite it not being his words. His views suggest that he believes in individual liberties above group liberties, which is also inconsistent with this quote.

KCJohnny
12-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Beck is a Mormon incensed with Huckabee over the Jesus and Satan being brothers in Mormon theology reference (which the Church of Latter Day Saints teaches, BTW).

Paul can be dangerous with Perotistas/independents. He is not a conservative. His dangerous foreign policy views will endear democrats and alienate GOP voters. Beck will be gracious and funny, but not roll over for Paul's inanity.

patteeu
12-14-2007, 04:51 PM
http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/articles/is-ron-paul-a-racist.html

It may not be the best source, but it has an explanation. The newsletter evidently was written by someone else with his name on it. As it was his newsletter, he feels responsible for it despite it not being his words. His views suggest that he believes in individual liberties above group liberties, which is also inconsistent with this quote.

Thanks.

Adept Havelock
12-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Beck is a Mormon incensed with Huckabee over the Jesus and Satan being brothers in Mormon theology reference (which the Church of Latter Day Saints teaches, BTW).

I'm pretty sure the belief by the LDS is simply that both Jesus and Satan were created by Yahweh/Jehovah/TheBigKahuna, and that made them "Spiritual Brothers", in the same way that anyone who subscribes to the Christian notion they were "divinely created" by that entity is a "spiritual brother".

I can understand why someone who believes would be upset at <s>Nehemiah Scudder's</s> Huckabee's (apparently incorrect) insinuation of a genealogical Brotherhood.

No skin off my nose either way.

BucEyedPea
12-14-2007, 05:11 PM
By the way, Ron Paul never said that statement in your sig. But whatever. You found misinformation that turns him into a racist, and now you can run with it all you want, I guess, right?
I've told him/her that too. He/she is easily confused.

Cochise
12-14-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm pretty sure the belief by the LDS is simply that both Jesus and Satan were created by Yahweh/Jehovah/TheBigKahuna, and that made them "Spiritual Brothers"

The flip side of that would be that relegating Jesus to a created being destroys his diety, makes him a liar when he claims diety in the new testament, and basically eviscerates the gospel.

Adept Havelock
12-14-2007, 05:24 PM
The flip side of that would be that relegating Jesus to a created being destroys his diety, makes him a liar when he claims diety in the new testament, and basically eviscerates the gospel.

I'm certainly no theologian, but if "God" is considered to be omnipotent, it would seem logical to me that he could create "Jesus" as a "Deity", or whatever else he wanted to in order to make the numbers (or theology) come out straight. :shrug:

Either way, it doesn't make <s>Scudder's</s> Huckabee's insinuation an accurate assessment of Mormon theology, at least from what I've read on the LDS website. At least he apologized, but I think it was a fairly crass political maneuver from the start. JMO.

Cochise
12-14-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm certainly no theologian, but if "God" is considered to be omnipotent, it would seem logical to me that he could create "Jesus" as a "Deity", or whatever else he wanted to in order to make the numbers (or theology) come out straight. :shrug:

Either way, it doesn't make <s>Scudder's</s> Huckabee's insinuation an accurate assessment of Mormon theology. At least he apologized, but I think it was a political maneuver from the start. JMO.

http://www.carm.org/lds/compare.htm

Adept Havelock
12-14-2007, 05:37 PM
http://www.carm.org/lds/compare.htm

Appreciate the link. I'm sure there are many differences. Just not the one I believe the Huckster was trying to insinuate (an actual state of actual, genealogical, "Brotherhood"), as he certainly didn't qualify it with the word "spirit".

KCJohnny
12-14-2007, 05:37 PM

Either way, it doesn't make Scudder's Huckabee's insinuation an accurate assessment of Mormon theology.
Personally, being the Army I have soldiered with LDS guys who are studly, stellar performers with excellent values and unquestionable patriotism. I have no problem with Romney being president (Harry Reid is also LDS).

But as a Christian working on a clergy team for the past 14 years it would be dishonest for me to pretend that Mormonism is just another Christian sect. Most Christian denominations do not consider Mormons Christians at all. Any attempt to gloss over troubling aspects of LDS theology and religion is happy talk.

Mormonism is at odds with most Christian groups over such tenets as the nature of God, the nature of Christ, the integrity of Scripture, salvation by works, teliology, priesthood, role of women in the economy of salvation, ethical rigorism, polygamy, secret societies/rituals, and the pre-existence of souls.

Adept Havelock
12-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Personally, being the Army I have soldiered with LDS guys who are studly, stellar performers with excellent values and unquestionable patriotism. I have no problem with Romney being president (Harry Reid is also LDS).

But as a Christian working on a clergy team for the past 14 years it is dishonest to pretend that Mormonism is just another Christian sect. Most Christian denominations do not consider Mormons Christians at all.

Mormonism is at odds with most Christian groups over such tenets as the nature of God, the nature of Christ, the integrity of Scripture, salvation by works, teliology, priesthood, role of women in the economy of salvation, ethical rigorism, polygamy, secret societies/rituals, and the pre-existence of souls.

As I said to Cochise, I'm sure there are differences. Just not the specific one your Candidate was trying to imply by not using the word "spirit", or any other modifier, when he referred to them as "Brothers".

It was a pretty crass move, IMO. He apologized, but the falsehood did it's job for the Huckster, because it was a simple meme to push and play up the differences in theology.

Any attempt to gloss over troubling aspects of LDS theology and religion is happy talk.

Troubling theology?

One man's religion is another man's belly laugh.

:shrug:

Cochise
12-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Appreciate the link. I'm sure there are many differences. Just not the one I believe the Huckster was trying to insinuate (an actual state of actual, genealogical, "Brotherhood"), as he certainly didn't qualify it with the word "spirit".

When he said it, I understood exactly what he was talking about and didn't think it out of the ordinary. I'm surprised people think it's a low blow of some kind. I don't feel that an election needs to be a deep theology discussion, but at the same time, I don't think there's anything wrong with the letter of what he said.

KCJohnny
12-14-2007, 05:56 PM
As I said to Cochise, I'm sure there are differences. Just not the specific one your Candidate was trying to imply by not using the word "spirit", or any other modifier, when he referred to them as "Brothers".

It was a pretty crass move, IMO. He apologized, but the falsehood did it's job for the Huckster, because it was a simple meme to push and play up the differences in theology.

Troubling theology?
:shrug:

It is not a falsehood, and I cannot let you get away with that. This is from a Mormon website (http://www.lds.org/library/display/0,4945,11-1-13-6,00.html):

A Savior and Leader Was Needed When the plan for our salvation was presented to us in the spirit world, we were so happy that we shouted for joy (see Job 38:7).

We understood that we would have to leave our heavenly home for a time. We would not live in the presence of our heavenly parents. While we were away from them, all of us would sin and some of us would lose our way. Our Heavenly Father knew and loved each one of us. He knew we would need help, so he planned a way to help us.

We needed a Savior to pay for our sins and teach us how to return to our Heavenly Father. Our Father said, "Whom shall I send?" (Abraham 3:27). Two of our brothers offered to help. Our oldest brother, Jesus Christ, who was then called Jehovah, said, "Here am I, send me" (Abraham 3:27).

Jesus was willing to come to the earth, give his life for us, and take upon himself our sins. He, like our Heavenly Father, wanted us to choose whether we would obey Heavenly Father's commandments. He knew we must be free to choose in order to prove ourselves worthy of exaltation. Jesus said, "Father, thy will be done, and the glory be thine forever" (Moses 4:2).

Satan, who was called Lucifer, also came, saying, "Behold, here am I, send me, I will be thy son, and I will redeem all mankind, that one soul shall not be lost, and surely I will do it; wherefore give me thine honor" (Moses 4:1). Satan wanted to force us all to do his will. Under his plan, we would not be allowed to choose. He would take away the freedom of choice that our Father had given us. Satan wanted to have all the honor for our salvation.

Adept Havelock
12-14-2007, 06:03 PM
It is not a falsehood, and I cannot let you get away with that.

I think you are not recognizing the difference between a "Spirit Brother" (Mormon Doctrine, AFAICT), and an actual Genealogical Brother (ala Jeb and George W. Bush), which I believe <s>Scudder</s> Huckabee was trying to imply in a crass political move. JMO.

I could well be mistaken. As I said, I'm no theologian, and see no point in becoming one.

KCJohnny
12-14-2007, 06:09 PM
I think you are not recognizing the difference between a "Spirit Brother" (Mormon Doctrine, AFAICT), and an actual Genealogical Brother (ala Jeb and George W. Bush), which I believe Scudder Huckabee was trying to imply in a crass political move. JMO.

I could well be mistaken. I'm no theologian, and see no point in becoming one.

I can see where you as a non-believer in Christ would see this as a peripheral issue; however, GOV Huckabee did not speak any falsehood. FTR, in Mormon theology, the filial relationship between pre-existent spirit brothers is in no way inferior to blood relations. You must understand that in LDS theology, God the Father has flesh and bones - a heretical position that no other Christian denomination embraces.

If any political transgression has been committed, Huck has owned up to it and Romney has forgiven him.

Kraut
12-15-2007, 04:29 PM
AM Radio is the number one tuned-into medium in the United States you moron. It also has the highest voting public of any other medium available.

I'm no fan of Glenn Beck, but I know enough about him to respect where he's been, where he's at now, and where his trajectory is taking him.

Nice Taco. I agree with your points on Beck. I just happen to be a fan of his, so of course I like your comments. But even if you don't like him you have to respect him. At least he has not followed in Rush's Bush Bot foot steps.

KCJohnny
12-16-2007, 12:39 AM
Here's the face off between Huck and Paul on the War in Iraq. Powerful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9sA5FQfE1E

mlyonsd
12-16-2007, 11:35 AM
Hey TJ, your guy Paul is going to be on Meet the Press next Sunday, the 23rd. If it's the same format as the previous few weeks he should be on the full hour.

Taco John
12-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Hey TJ, your guy Paul is going to be on Meet the Press next Sunday, the 23rd. If it's the same format as the previous few weeks he should be on the full hour.

I just saw that. Great news! That's going to be two full hour segments on main stream media outlets in the same week. He goes on The Glenn Beck Show for a full hour on Tuesday night on CNN.

KILLER_CLOWN
12-17-2007, 09:11 AM
Ron Paul can no longer be ignored, loving it.