PDA

View Full Version : Do you watch more or less NFL and MLB than you did 3 years ago?

BIG_DADDY
12-14-2007, 11:06 AM
I am so sick and tired of all this Roid shit. Iíll tell you this much, I only went to one game last year Raiders/Chiefs and thatís it. I get free tickets offered to me all the time too for Giants/Aís games. I went to none. I donít anticipate going to any games next year either. The government getting involved in sports IMO in destroying the game. Every time I turn on ESPN itís another ****ing rant about roids AGAIN. This isnít going to get any better either. If anyone thinks the NFL isnít next you gotta another thing coming. These ass clowns are going to add a whole plethora of additional banned substances every year moving forward. Can you say cycling? I am not even ordering season ticket next year either. **** these ****ers.

Rain Man
12-14-2007, 11:08 AM
I watch the same amount of baseball as always - none.

I watch the same amount of football as always - every game possible (NFL, not college).

Demonpenz
12-14-2007, 11:09 AM
I am with you I won't pay any more money until they clean out the drug abusers

Cochise
12-14-2007, 11:12 AM
I don't know about 3 years ago, but since 2000 I would say I follow baseball a lot more and NFL somewhat less.

BIG_DADDY
12-14-2007, 11:12 AM

It's not going to change. Is cycling getting better or worse? They are WAY ahead of MLB and the NFL when it comes to testing.

I know your a big government guy so I won't even bother asking you if you think it's the governments job to regulate sports.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-14-2007, 11:13 AM
I quit watching baseball back in 1994 the same day they went out on strike and cost me a World Series. Only game I've bene to since then was one KC/Orioles game that someone bought me tickets for thinking I might like to go since I'm from Missouri.

Footbally - same as always (although less this season because of the malise I feel about the Chiefs organization.)

Sure-Oz
12-14-2007, 11:25 AM
I quit watching baseball back in 1994 the same day they went out on strike and cost me a World Series. Only game I've bene to since then was one KC/Orioles game that someone bought me tickets for thinking I might like to go since I'm from Missouri.

Footbally - same as always (although less this season because of the malise I feel about the Chiefs organization.)
1994 cost me alot, i still attend, but that was KC's real good team, 14 game winning streak, wildcard leaders, the HAMMER, ****ing hate MLB for shutting down that year!

siberian khatru
12-14-2007, 11:31 AM
If it weren't for fantasy sports, I'd probably watch less of the real stuff.

Douche Baggins
12-14-2007, 11:31 AM
More NFL, less MLB.

The beauty of Ten Yard Torrents.

Demonpenz
12-14-2007, 11:34 AM
It's not going to change. Is cycling getting better or worse? They are WAY ahead of MLB and the NFL when it comes to testing.

I know your a big government guy so I won't even bother asking you if you think it's the governments job to regulate sports.

They are going after the people selling drugs illegally. As far as I know they aren't regulating or creating rules for sports

Short Leash Hootie
12-14-2007, 11:38 AM
I watch a little baseball...I follow box scores religiously and am big into fantasy baseball...just get bored watching baseball games unless I'm drinking and in the presence of a few friends.

As for the NFL...I watch every game possible. The NFL is awesome.

BIG_DADDY
They are going after the people selling drugs illegally. As far as I know they aren't regulating or creating rules for sports

Come on dude they have been threatening the league for years now. They have spent over 10 million going after Bonds so far and the trial hasn't even began. Show me a Joe normal they have even spent a mere fraction of the cost they have here. When the President of the United States talks roids in sports in the state of the union address they are getting involved. When they create standards for a league they are getting involved.

HolmeZz
More of both, particularly with MLB since I now get the Extra Innings package.

BIG_DADDY
12-14-2007, 11:39 AM
I watch a little baseball...I follow box scores religiously and am big into fantasy baseball...just get bored watching baseball games unless I'm drinking and in the presence of a few friends.

As for the NFL...I watch every game possible. The NFL is awesome.

There are more roids there than anywhere.

stlchiefs
12-14-2007, 11:42 AM

I don't think that's BigDs opinion. He doesn't mind the use, it's the focus on it and government involvement that he's sick of. That's my take on his posts.

My opinion: you can't just give up on regulation and enforcement because cheaters and criminals keep trying to stay one step ahead. If that was the attitude of everyone this world, country, etc. would be in a much worse position than it is.

stlchiefs
12-14-2007, 11:43 AM

Congress, McCain specifically I believe, told MLB that they needed to institute a policy or MLB would do it for them. This occurred after testimony on Capital Hill from Sosa, McGwire, Palmero, etc.

BIG_DADDY
12-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Congress, McCain specifically I believe, told MLB that they needed to institute a policy or MLB would do it for them. This occurred after testimony on Capital Hill from Sosa, McGwire, Palmero, etc.

To say the government isn't getting involved in sports is ridiculous. I can't even believe he said that.

Demonpenz
12-14-2007, 11:56 AM
The government isn't making any kind of rules for sports they are simply enforcing the laws on illegal drugs.

Fruit Ninja
12-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Little less football becuase the Chiefs suck, that makes me lose interest in the rest of football. I do watch other games though, but not with the same passion.

I watch probably more baseball then i did 3 years ago. I absolutely love baseball. I love 1--1 pitching duels. I was a pitcher in my younger days, so i love pitching.

I watch the shit out of the Lakers though. I try to watch all 82 games if i can.

Short Leash Hootie
12-14-2007, 11:58 AM
There are more roids there than anywhere.
I don't give a shit about steroids...I say let them all use it...makes for more entertaining baseball games at least...I want to see Fernando Vina roid up and hit 100 HR's next season.

BIG_DADDY
12-14-2007, 11:59 AM
The government isn't making any kind of rules for sports they are simply enforcing the laws on illegal drugs.

What planet are you living on dude?

Reerun_KC
12-14-2007, 12:07 PM
NHL - your kidding right? this is even a sport?
NBA - never
MBL - when nothing else is on and I feel like being tortured
College Football - every game I can regardless of who is playing.
College Basketball - every game I can regardless of who is playing.
NFL - Almost every game I can... But with that huge sucking noise Herm likes giving arrowhead. It has really tempered my enthusiasm for any NFL game the last 2 years...

Thankfully we live in Big 12 country and have plenty of other options to follow...

beavis
12-14-2007, 12:12 PM
I really could give a shit about the NFL anymore. Mostly because our franchise is a joke.

For my football fix, I've turned to college ball, which I think I enjoy more now that I've ever enjoyed the NFL.

I spend more time now surfing baseball boards/sites than I do anything else. Of course, baseball was always my favorite, I think I'm just rediscovering it more in the past several years.

BIG_DADDY
12-14-2007, 12:12 PM
NHL - your kidding right? this is even a sport?
NBA - never
MBL - when nothing else is on and I feel like being tortured
College Football - every game I can regardless of who is playing.
College Basketball - every game I can regardless of who is playing.
NFL - Almost every game I can... But with that huge sucking noise Herm likes giving arrowhead. It has really tempered my enthusiasm for any NFL game the last 2 years...

Thankfully we live in Big 12 country and have plenty of other options to follow...

It's funny, I went to a high school playoff game last weekend and really enjoyed it. My buddies sons team got blown out but then again Joe Montana's son Nate was QB of the other team. Total cost for the night was like $30

BIG_DADDY
12-14-2007, 12:13 PM
I really could give a shit about the NFL anymore. Mostly because our franchise is a joke.

For my football fix, I've turned to college ball, which I think I enjoy more now that I've ever enjoyed the NFL.

I spend more time now surfing baseball boards/sites than I do anything else. Of course, baseball was always my favorite, I think I'm just rediscovering it more in the past several years.

I would really get into college football more if they had a playoff.

I find myself watching a lot more MMA.

Woodrow Call
12-14-2007, 12:15 PM
My focus has shifted more toward college athletics over the past few years. I dedicate alot more time and money on following college athetics then I ever had in the past.

Overall my interest in the NFL is decling(Thanks Carl), my interest in MLB is on the upswing(Thanks Dayton) and the NBA/NHL are non-factors.

ROYC75
12-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Mark me down for less ........

Calcountry
12-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Come on dude they have been threatening the league for years now. They have spent over 10 million going after Bonds so far and the trial hasn't even began. Show me a Joe normal they have even spent a mere fraction of the cost they have here. When the President of the United States talks roids in sports in the state of the union address they are getting involved. When they create standards for a league they are getting involved.The Natalie Holloway thing is getting old, Peterson II just doesn't have legs, so Gretta Van Cistern needs new material.

Chief Henry
12-14-2007, 12:28 PM
I don't watch near as much sports as I used to.
Maybeits a my age or something. I just find that I have more important thigns going on in my life now.

BIG_DADDY
12-14-2007, 12:30 PM
I don't watch near as much sports as I used to.
Maybeits a my age or something. I just find that I have more important thigns going on in my life now.

Amen brother

dirk digler
12-14-2007, 12:35 PM
For me watching more or less sports has nothing to do with steroids it has everything to do with how my teams are doing.

For example the Royals appear to be improving so last season I went 5-6 games which in the past I might go to 1 game a year.

The Chiefs suck this year and I have been to 1 game when in the past I would go to 5-6 games.

As far as watching on TV I never MLB on TV and I will watch as much NFL football as any human can. I love the NFL.

kc rush
12-14-2007, 12:50 PM
Same for both. I've had Chiefs season tix for about 6 years now so I go to those and watch about as many other games as I always have.

I tend to go to a few Royals games per year and watch plenty on TV.

BigRedChief
12-14-2007, 12:54 PM
More NFL games thanks to my HD DVR.

Less baseball games on TV. More in person.