PDA

View Full Version : Ever been drug tested?

the Talking Can
12-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Just found out, to my surprise, that a new job requires a drug test (city job...not a cop/fireman/etc..don't worry).

I don't regularly smoke. But I do when it is available, i.e. at a party. So, of course, after not having smoked for months, I smoked each of the last two weekends (very small amounts, toked off a bowl).

I have a test in 2 weeks.

There is an avalanche of bogus info on the web about a) the duration of various toxins in your body and b) the effectiveness of various $$$ detox/flush/masking agents.

Anyone have solid, medically grounded info or experience (as tester or testee) that can confirm or deny my basic conclusions?

1. For non-chronic(frequency, not quality!) marijuana users - "acute" users - marijuana will reduce below testing thresholds in 3-14 days. Huge variations based on age, weight, metabolism, amount and quality of weed smoked, frequency etc...Chronic users can be detectable for up to and over 30 days.

2. Whatever it is they test for in weed is stored in your fat, which is why it is detectable longer than cocaine, heroin, acid, etc.

3. Weed is detectable in your hair for up to 90 days, but hair tests are rarer and more expensive. This will most likely be some type of urine test.

4. All you can really do is: work out, sweat, increase your metabolism; drink lots of water the day before to flush the system; pee a lot; drink vinegar...if you can stand it.

5. It seems most of the detox drinks and pills are scams. They are intended to mask the presence of the weed for a period of 1-5 hrs, by taking several pills and drinking an ass-load of water prior to testing.

I'm actually not that concerned, as it seems that you have to be a regular smoker to need more than 5-10 days. But, of course, I won't be completely relaxed until it is over.

I'm not going to spend money on detox systems. Exercise, water, pee. Anybody try anything different? Any advice?

If you care, this article has the latest on studies about toxin retention, written for the National Drug Court Institute (http://www.ndci.org/NDCIR%20VI.pdf)

(hey, I need to know...)

wutamess
12-14-2007, 08:47 PM
Isn't that the norm in Corp America?

QuikSsurfer
12-14-2007, 08:48 PM
I didn't want to read all of that because i'm high.

Probably just a urine screen, right? I'd assume so because it's significantly cheaper than the other 2 tests.

Bump
hair folicle (sp?) tests can catch it from the past few months. I had to take one recently, I thought I was going to do a pee test and so I drank a bunch of water before and I get there and they clip out chunks from my hair and I tell the DR "I GOTTA PEE" lol

wutamess
2 weeks? You'll be fine.
Drink tea (lots of it) to be sure.

chiefbowe82
12-14-2007, 08:50 PM
don't do drugs?

the Talking Can
12-14-2007, 08:51 PM
don't do drugs?

got a time machine?

the Talking Can
12-14-2007, 08:52 PM
hair folicle (sp?) tests can catch it from the past few months. I had to take one recently, I thought I was going to do a pee test and so I drank a bunch of water before and I get there and they clip out chunks from my hair and I tell the DR "I GOTTA PEE" lol

that's my only concern, really, is that it wouldn't be a urine test....but it's a big city, I'm assuming they use the cheaper, more common test...

I may get a haircut though..lol

the Talking Can
12-14-2007, 08:53 PM
2 weeks? You'll be fine.
Drink tea (lots of it) to be sure.

yes, forgot to mention that....green tea is supposed to be good...

KcMizzou
12-14-2007, 08:54 PM
It's a joke that a few puffs off a bowl could rule you out, while slamming a fifth wouldn't... but I suppose that's a topic for a different thread.

If that's really all you've smoked, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just sucks to have that lingering doubt.

QuikSsurfer
12-14-2007, 08:55 PM
that's my only concern, really, is that it wouldn't be a urine test....but it's a big city, I'm assuming they use the cheaper, more common test...

You'll be fine if it's a urine test.

If you're at all concerned, http://www.gonumber1.com/order.html

Otter
12-14-2007, 08:56 PM
4. All you can really do is: work out, sweat, increase your metabolism; drink lots of water the day before to flush the system; pee a lot; drink vinegar...if you can stand it.

THC is indeed stored in your fat cells, wouldn't it be a bad idea to work out before getting tested?

2 weeks? You'll be fine.

the Talking Can
12-14-2007, 08:59 PM
It's a joke that a few puffs off a bowl could rule you out, while slamming a fifth wouldn't... but I suppose that's a topic for a different thread.

If that's really all you've smoked, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just sucks to have that lingering doubt.

I agree, it is seriously misplaced priorities. Alcoholism is 100x more destructive and costly. But that is definitely another thread.

There is no reason specific to my job to even warrant testing. But the city now requires of it of all applicants from secretaries to cops.

Most of what I have read is reassuring though.

Dicky McElephant
12-14-2007, 09:00 PM
I just usually worked out and drank a lot of water. I've heard that if you go in for a urine test and your urine comes out clear because you drank a lot of water....that they'll retest you later on. I don't know if that's true or not.

schneider221
12-14-2007, 09:01 PM
im in a similiar situation as i haven't smoked in years but have been in the same room within the last couple weeks of people smoking. i really do not think i have to worry much but anyone have any experience with this.

Otter
12-14-2007, 09:01 PM
I just usually worked out and drank a lot of water. I've heard that if you go in for a urine test and your urine comes out clear because you drank a lot of water....that they'll retest you later on. I don't know if that's true or not.

Vitamin B will make your pee as yellow as unripe banana no matter how much pure water is in it.

the Talking Can
12-14-2007, 09:03 PM
THC is indeed stored in your fat cells, wouldn't it be a bad idea to work out before getting tested?

Before as in a few days, yes. But not right before. Working out right before would only "shake it loose" so to speak, making it more likely to show up.

This is how one company describes their product:

"Many toxins are stored in the fat cells of the body and are released when fat cells are burned. The Absolute Detox carbo-drink prevents the body from burning fat cells."

Phobia
12-14-2007, 09:04 PM
I have no practical advice for you. I'm only posting in this thread to admit my surprise. I've been thinking for the past 3 years that you were Blob Gretz.

the Talking Can
12-14-2007, 09:05 PM

yes, they can flag it...depends on the person doing it...vitamin B will turn it yellow, I've read...but don't take it the day off because it will be a bright yellow which is another "red flag"

the Talking Can
12-14-2007, 09:06 PM
I've been thinking for the past 3 years that you were Blob Gretz.

then you definitely are a chronic pot smoker...

Chiefnj2
12-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Drug stores sell home testing kits. Give it a try as a dry run.

Phobia
12-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Give it a try as a dry run.
I don't think that would work.

the Talking Can
Drug stores sell home testing kits. Give it a try as a dry run.

of course, thank you...

Phobia
then you definitely are a chronic pot smoker...

ROFL - Talking Bong.

I haven't been a chronic smoker for 20 years.

Chiefnj2
12-14-2007, 09:10 PM
Hand him back the cup when you are done and say "Oh man, I'm sorry, I thought you said "semen the cup", not "pee in the cup."".

KcMizzou
12-14-2007, 09:10 PM
ROFL - Talking Bong.
LMAO

Nice.

redbrian
12-14-2007, 09:14 PM
With the advancement in drug testing, you are screwed big time; they can pick up drugs you did 10 years ago, unless itís HGH.

Bob Dole
12-14-2007, 09:15 PM
With the advancement in drug testing, you are screwed big time; they can pick up drugs you did 10 years ago, unless itís HGH.

Great. Now we've got drug testing Over Hype.

the Talking Can
12-14-2007, 09:16 PM
ROFL - Talking Bong.

I haven't been a chronic smoker for 20 years.

i was a major pot head in high school and into the first year of college...but the "real world" cured me of it....I still have a weakness for it though when it's a communal event...

Deberg_1990
12-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Heres an idea:

Dont smoke and you wont have to worry about drug tests. :)

the Talking Can
12-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Heres an idea:

Dont smoke and you wont have to worry about drug tests. :)

repost!

WhitiE
12-14-2007, 09:24 PM
go to the store and get some niacin

Iowanian
12-14-2007, 09:35 PM
Go Kojack...both ends of your body like a dumbell.

I never have worry about it, because its never a problem.

Bob Dole
12-14-2007, 09:37 PM

Because garden gnomes have a different physiology?

Skip Towne
12-14-2007, 09:40 PM

Then what stunted your growth?

Phobia
12-14-2007, 09:42 PM
Because garden gnomes have a different physiology?They can't reach the pee cup.

JBucc
12-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Heres an idea:

Dont smoke and you wont have to worry about drug tests. :)Or just don't work.

Skip Towne
12-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Or just don't work.
You learned that from Mecca didn't you?

Phobia
12-14-2007, 09:47 PM
You learned that from Mecca didn't you?
Is he the dude who started one of those "I need a job" threads a few years back?

Skip Towne
12-14-2007, 09:49 PM
Is he the dude who started one of those "I need a job" threads a few years back?
Didn't you nearly hire Mecca one time?

Simply Red
12-14-2007, 09:52 PM
Often poppy seeds are said to show up as pot chemicals in a drug test.

I'd just tell `em you had a couple O bagels.

Phobia
12-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Didn't you nearly hire Mecca one time?
Somebody who didn't have a car. Was that him?

CoMoChief
12-14-2007, 09:57 PM
Run....alot because it burns the THC thats in your body.

THC stores in your fat cells

Also water is your best friend. Get a big glass, and drink water, everytime you drink it all, fill 'er back up and drink it again. Pee alot.

youll be fine. I did this and I smoked about a week before a drug test because I found out I got this job (not my current one) but do this and youll pass it.

Now if it's a hair or spit sample then youre ****ed, but most companies/agencies dont do that because it costs too much and wastes alot of time.

Skip Towne
12-14-2007, 09:58 PM
Somebody who didn't have a car. Was that him?
Yep. Iowanian made up a scenario where Mecca showed up with a 40 oz beer and he used some of your trim as kindling to cook a hot dog.

CoMoChief
12-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Often poppy seeds are said to show up as pot chemicals in a drug test.

I'd just tell `em you had a couple O bagels.
They will laugh at you and think youre an idiot for knowing that may show on a drug test. Might as well walk in with a Bob Marley shirt on.

Phobia
12-14-2007, 10:00 PM
Link?

kcfanXIII
12-14-2007, 10:00 PM
the thing i love is when they say "equal opportunity employer" then say "drug screening required." that doesn't sound very equal to me.

anyways, good luck on the test. i'd recommend going to the local GNC. i got some crap that tasted like condensed grape gatorade. don't remember what it was called, but it worked, and from the sounds of it i smoke more than you. it was around 50 bucks.

Iowanian
12-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Link?

i didn't remember it at all...and according to my search, I busted mecca's balls quite a bit in that period....

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3307231&highlight=mecca#post3307231

The only way I think this should be acceptable, is if Phildo gives a job review here at the end of each week...a commentary if you will.

"Today, mecca showed up for work at 2:30 with a 40oz, glued tile to the ceiling and used the oak Trim I'd stained this morning to make a fire to heat up the hotdogs left in the cooler for lunch"

hahaha. I effing rule.

Simply Red
12-14-2007, 10:07 PM
They will laugh at you and think youre an idiot for knowing that may show on a drug test. Might as well walk in with a Bob Marley shirt on.
Clearly, or I thought,

I was being sarcastic.

Cochise
12-14-2007, 10:16 PM
I've not heard of a corporate place doing anything other than a urine test.

the Talking Can
12-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Run....alot because it burns the THC thats in your body.

THC stores in your fat cells

Also water is your best friend. Get a big glass, and drink water, everytime you drink it all, fill 'er back up and drink it again. Pee alot.

youll be fine. I did this and I smoked about a week before a drug test because I found out I got this job (not my current one) but do this and youll pass it.

Now if it's a hair or spit sample then youre ****ed, but most companies/agencies dont do that because it costs too much and wastes alot of time.

cool, thanks...i was really just looking for some reassurance...

and I'd be shocked, and f'd, it wasn't a urine test...

el borracho
12-14-2007, 10:24 PM
I have heard that drinking lots of cranberry juice in the weeks before will help flush the bad stuff from your body. Probably helpful to workout/ sweat/ whatever fat-burning exercise in the weeks before the test, as well. Of course, you wouldn't want to do either the day of the test.

QuikSsurfer
12-14-2007, 10:27 PM
I have heard that drinking lots of cranberry juice in the weeks before will help flush the bad stuff from your body.
cranberry extract is a good idea.

HolmeZz
12-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Just a urine test for my college physical.

Skip Towne
12-14-2007, 10:30 PM
i didn't remember it at all...and according to my search, I busted mecca's balls quite a bit in that period....

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3307231&highlight=mecca#post3307231

hahaha. I effing rule.
Heh. I could never have come up with that link but I remember it as hilarious.

Phobia
12-14-2007, 10:34 PM

hahaha. I effing rule.

Heh heh. I'm still waiting on that PM.

L.A. Chieffan
12-14-2007, 10:36 PM
Drugs are bad, m'kay

Mr. Kotter
12-14-2007, 10:44 PM
This thread explains....a helluva whole lot. :hmmm:

That said, as a former Armor Battalion D & A officer, you are getting some good advice.

Lots of water, lots of exercise (anaerobic is best,) and at least 2 weeks? If they are relying on UA, you are good-to-go; but if they are doing hair follicle or fat cell tests....well, you are probably fugged, and should update your resume.

Best wishes. Seriously. You sound like, despite your politics, you have figured out some of the rest of it...

:)

cdcox
12-14-2007, 10:44 PM
whizzinator, duh.

Planet is slipping.

Simplex3
12-14-2007, 10:49 PM
I have never done drugs and failed a drug test a few months back for this very reason. They offered to retest but I had already taken another contract.

SPchief
12-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Antifreeze? This place has lost it's burst.

MadMax
12-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Only had 2 tests in my life. The 1st in the Army and the weed I smoked the week before was so bad it didn't register lol. Then after I got out of the Army and thought I might be hot didn't show up so I got the job...Go figure. I don't smoke much these days and damn sure don't pay for it so I guess I grew up?? or maybe not

SLAG
12-14-2007, 11:51 PM
I have Passed Multiple Urine Tests for Employment, by just taking in some Clean Pee with you, I once Paid a 12 yr Old Kid $5 to Pee in a Rubber Glove for me.. worked well

Im not proud of my antics but they worked

On the other hand I have not poked Smot in about 3 Months so Im doing pretty good on that front

DenverDanChiefsFan
12-14-2007, 11:58 PM
The problem is that THC stays in the system a lot longer than most drugs. On the average it is 75 days. There are lots of variables, but a couple of weeks will most likely show on a drug test. Much better off doing coke - only about 2 weeks.

Best advice - don't do drugs. Most companies now have pre-employment drug tests and random tests.

KcMizzou
12-15-2007, 12:01 AM
The problem is that THC stays in the system a lot longer than most drugs. On the average it is 75 days. There are lots of variables, but a couple of weeks will most likely show on a drug test. Much better off doing coke - only about 2 weeks.

Best advice - don't do drugs. Most companies now have pre-employment drug tests and random tests.But if you do... do coke. It's a hell of a drug!

SLAG
12-15-2007, 12:02 AM
But if you do... do coke. It's a hell of a drug!
and its water soluble, and it gets out of your system in about 3 days

but its HELLA addicting

SPchief
12-15-2007, 12:04 AM
But if you do... do coke. It's a hell of a drug!

Until the next day

the Talking Can
12-15-2007, 12:04 AM

Best advice - don't do drugs. Most companies now have pre-employment drug tests and random tests.

read the article I linked too...the issue isn't how long it stays in your body, it is how long it stays at a level detectable by the test...based on the levels used by the standard urine tests, the averages are much lower than the numbers you've mentioned...

the Talking Can
12-15-2007, 12:09 AM
here's the gist:

Based upon recent scientific evidence, at the 50 ng/mL cutoff concentration for the detection of cannabinoids in urine (using the currently available laboratory-based screening methods) it would be unlikely for an individual to produce a positive urine drug test result for longer than 10 days after the last smoking episode. Although there are no scientific cannabinoid elimination studies on chronic users using non-instrumented testing devices, one would assume that if the on-site devices are properly calibrated at the 50 ng/mL cutoff level the detection guidance would be the same.

At the 20 ng/mL cutoff concentration for the detection of cannabinoids in urine (using the currently available laboratory-based screening methods) it would be uncommon for an individual to produce a positive urine drug test result longer than 21 days after the last smoking episode.

For occasional marijuana use (or single event usage), at the 50 ng/mL cutoff level, it would be unusual for the detection of cannabinoids in urine to extend beyond 3-4 days following the smoking episode (using the currently available laboratory-based screening methods or the currently available on-site THC detection devices). At the 20 ng/mL cutoff for cannabinoids, positive urine drug test results for the single event marijuana use would not be expected to be longer than 7 days.

DenverDanChiefsFan
12-15-2007, 12:10 AM
[QUOTE=the Talking Bong]read the article I linked too...the issue isn't how long it stays in your body, it is how long it stays at a level detectable by the test...based on the levels used by the standard urine tests, the averages are much lower than the numbers you've mentioned...[/QAUOTE]
Articles are great - and no - I did not read your link. I work with the drug testing program for my company and have had a lot of training as it deals with several different DOT applications.

Good luck with the test. Hopefully you will pass and get the job. I just hope it isn't a safety sensitive position where drugs really create a problem.

Mr. Kotter
12-15-2007, 12:11 AM
I have Passed Multiple Urine Tests for Employment, by just taking in some Clean Pee with you, I once Paid a 12 yr Old Kid $5 to Pee in a Rubber Glove for me.. worked well

Im not proud of my antics but they worked

On the other hand I have not poked Smot in about 3 Months so Im doing pretty good on that front

What would the pope have to say about THC??? :hmmm:

SLAG
12-15-2007, 12:14 AM
What would the pope have to say about THC??? :hmmm:

Hence my Non- Use of the drug

From the CCC (Catechism of the Catholic Church):

The virtue of temperance disposes us to avoid every kind of excess: the abuse of food, alcohol, tobacco, or medicine. Those incur grave guilt who, by drunkenness or a love of speed, endanger their own and others' safety on the road, at sea, or in the air.

The use of drugs inflicts very grave damage on human health and life. Their use, except on strictly therapeutic grounds, is a grave offense. Clandestine production of and trafficking in drugs are scandalous practices. They constitute direct co-operation in evil, since they encourage people to practices gravely contrary to the moral law.

L.A. Chieffan
12-15-2007, 12:15 AM

What if you just want to trip out on some HD National Geographic?

the Talking Can
12-15-2007, 12:15 AM
[QUOTE=the Talking Bong]read the article I linked too...the issue isn't how long it stays in your body, it is how long it stays at a level detectable by the test...based on the levels used by the standard urine tests, the averages are much lower than the numbers you've mentioned...[/QAUOTE]
Articles are great - and no - I did not read your link. I work with the drug testing program for my company and have had a lot of training as it deals with several different DOT applications.

Good luck with the test. Hopefully you will pass and get the job. I just hope it isn't a safety sensitive position where drugs really create a problem.

it's a research article for Drug Courts, but anyways, I addressed your last point in my first sentence....I work in the least safety-sensitive job imaginable, short of coffee taster...there is no earthly reason to test us...

SLAG
12-15-2007, 12:25 AM
What if you just want to trip out on some HD National Geographic?

Sounds good to me!

Mr. Kotter
12-15-2007, 12:27 AM

How long you been on the wagon???

FTR, just curious.... :shrug:

Buck
12-15-2007, 12:31 AM
Heres the deal.

Your probably fine if you aren't lying about how much you smoked.

Ok, that being said, if you fail, you can claim it was a false positive. I believe something like 33% of failed weed tests are false positives.

1. Water and Cranberry Juice for the 2 weeks leading up.
2. Sweating as much as possible.
3. Niacin (found in the vitamin section at your local drug store) for the 36 hours before and leading up to the test.
4. Ive never failed a drug test.

Sure-Oz
12-15-2007, 12:32 AM
Yes atleast 3 randoms

SLAG
12-15-2007, 12:34 AM
How long you been on the wagon???

FTR, just curious.... :shrug:

How long had I smoked Pot?

I was a daily User for about 8 Years, a heavy Daily user

after my reversion to my faith, everything started falling in line, and I had mostly quit smoking pot about 6-7months ago but I smoked a little about 3 months ago, I didnt like it as much as I used to

Being quit from ciggarettes has also helped

the only problem now is i have gained a lot of weight from quitting both of those

thats my next challenge in the new year

Mojo Rising
12-15-2007, 12:41 AM
Good luck to you my friend. My only advice is to be honest to all questions.

My buddy told me a story about a guy who was about to be hired by a major corporatiion. He claimed he had a degree from a college he never attended.

He quit his job on Friday in anticipation of the new job only to get a call from the new employer to tell him to not show up.

They really do check on those things.

For what it's worth.

the Talking Can
12-15-2007, 12:45 AM
Heres the deal.

Your probably fine if you aren't lying about how much you smoked.

Ok, that being said, if you fail, you can claim it was a false positive. I believe something like 33% of failed weed tests are false positives.

1. Water and Cranberry Juice for the 2 weeks leading up.
2. Sweating as much as possible.
3. Niacin (found in the vitamin section at your local drug store) for the 36 hours before and leading up to the test.
4. Ive never failed a drug test.

thanks for the info

and my description of my usage is truthful...but it's hard not to see the confluence of events as a "wake up" call from somewhere...too much money on the line to lose over such an infrequent indulgence....

Mr. Kotter
12-15-2007, 12:49 AM
How long had I smoked Pot?

I was a daily User for about 8 Years, a heavy Daily user

after my reversion to my faith, everything started falling in line, and I had mostly quit smoking pot about 6-7months ago but I smoked a little about 3 months ago, I didnt like it as much as I used to

Being quit from ciggarettes has also helped

the only problem now is i have gained a lot of weight from quitting both of those

thats my next challenge in the new year

GFY! (Good for you, just to be clear....heh.)

Anyway, best wishes to you also. Let us know how it goes. :thumb:

Smed1065
12-15-2007, 01:20 AM

HAIR TEST goes back 1 year. If they want that they do not want you.

I say BS. I have performed in the top 10 % of my job and I smoke once every 6 months. I COUD beat the system if i had cash or a lawyer attached to the family.

THE COURT SYSTEM IS A JOKE IF YOU ARE A NORMAL CITIZEN WITHOUT A SIZEABLE DISPOSABLE INCOME for the system. IMO!

PERIOD!

RP_McMurphy
12-15-2007, 09:08 AM
Been tested at least 250 times........still tired of pissing in that d@mn bottle.

SCTrojan
12-15-2007, 09:59 AM
Been tested many times over the years and I've always heard about the vinegar thing. Don't know if it's true or just an urban legend.

the Talking Can
12-15-2007, 10:01 AM
Been tested at least 250 times........still tired of pissing in that d@mn bottle.

so, you're either a cop or Ricky Williams....

RibKing67
12-15-2007, 10:06 AM
5. It seems most of the detox drinks and pills are scams. They are intended to mask the presence of the weed for a period of 1-5 hrs, by taking several pills and drinking an ass-load of water prior to testing.

Not all true. I passed several tests with a product called "Terminator Gold" I am not sure its still on the market. I bought it at 7th heaven for 40 bucks. You drink the bottle...refill with water drink it and wait one hour then your good for 5-7 hours to take the test.

I have not smoked in 7 yrs or so. I hope you pass and get your job. Weed is less harmful than beer yet Joe six-pack could walk in and get the job no problem. That is the type of BS I cant stand. If it were legal I would still be smoking today!

thehead
12-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Drink good ol h20 the day of vitamin b12 to add yellow tint to urine ,you have to drink water like it's going out of style so you have the need to pee every 10 min or so , when the test is done only h20 no THC , it works I was on house arrest for a little time had to do urine test weekly never failed one

morphius
12-15-2007, 10:17 AM
I've had two, I wasn't worried about not passing.

Skip Towne
12-15-2007, 10:29 AM
Drink good ol h20 the day of vitamin b12 to add yellow tint to urine ,you have to drink water like it's going out of style so you have the need to pee every 10 min or so , when the test is done only h20 no THC , it works I was on house arrest for a little time had to do urine test weekly never failed one
What did you do to get house arrest?

vailpass
12-15-2007, 10:54 AM

Skip Towne
12-15-2007, 10:56 AM
What did that cost?

vailpass
12-15-2007, 11:09 AM
What did that cost?
Haven't needed it in a few years but the last time I used it was around $30.00.

RP_McMurphy
12-15-2007, 11:11 AM
No twenty years in the Navy and a Union Pacific Conductor.

so, you're either a cop or Ricky Williams....

thehead
12-15-2007, 11:31 AM
What did you do to get house arrest?

Made poor choice wrong people wrong time ,it was 18 years ago nothing since .Drug related caught with oh lets say 90 grams of powder (was not mine ) echo echo ,any way lesson learned .

RibKing67
12-15-2007, 11:41 AM
[QUOTE=thehead] (was not mine )

It never is.......

I swear occifer that is not my ______ !!!

insert item here! ↑

Coach
12-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Yep, took a drug test, and passed it with flying colors.

Skip Towne
12-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Yep, took a drug test, and passed it with flying colors.
Did you study for it?

Coach
12-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Did you study for it?

Yes sir, I did. :p

StcChief
12-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Welcome to 2000. how long have you been clueless about the work world.

signs walking into Home Depot. 'If you do drugs don't apply'. This is at a big box store.

Skip Towne
12-15-2007, 12:28 PM
was not mine
Never is.

philfree
12-15-2007, 01:00 PM
If you carry alot of fat it'll take longer to get the thc out of your system. Took me a month but I was a heavy user. Work out, sweat and drink a ton of water. Go to Walgreens and buy a marijuana test and test yourself a couple of days before and then if you're not clean go to your local headshop and pick up something to hide it. Follow the directions to the "T". Good luck!

PhilFree:arrow:

patteeu
12-15-2007, 01:43 PM
I've not heard of a corporate place doing anything other than a urine test.

A friend of mine works for Anheuser-Busch and he says he takes hair tests. I don't think it's very common though. I've never heard of it anywhere else.

StcChief
12-15-2007, 01:47 PM
A friend of mine works for Anheuser-Busch and he says he takes hair tests. I don't think it's very common though. I've never heard of it anywhere else.
Yep. fact. need to be sqeeky clean down there.

considering what they do... make beer. kinda ironic.

morphius
12-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Really, I can't imagine many companies out there anymore that don't do some sort of drug test anymore. Sure if it is a tiny company, maybe, but anything government or fortune 500 it is a given.

morphius
12-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Wow! That is impressive, probably found out all the ways to get around the other tests.

StcChief
12-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Really, I can't imagine many companies out there anymore that don't do some sort of drug test anymore. Sure if it is a tiny company, maybe, but anything government or fortune 500 it is a given.
not even that the test cost ~50 bucks. Cheap insurance.... Not sure what a hair test costs.

If your a contractor your can be randomly tested..........if any doubt.

the Talking Can
12-15-2007, 02:42 PM
Welcome to 2000. how long have you been clueless about the work world.

signs walking into Home Depot. 'If you do drugs don't apply'. This is at a big box store.

uh, I'm well aware of the "work world"....my particular line of work was only recently folded into the city, and hence subject to the city's quite recent decision to test All city employees...