PDA

View Full Version : ATT: Chiefs Fans, what do you think of this hypothetical Trade?

Bill Parcells
12-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Chad Pennington is as good as gone from the Jets this off-season, and it's a pretty good assumption Herm is very interested. so, if the Jets were to trade Pennington and Laverneous Coles to the Chiefs for a 1st and 5th round choice, would you be happy with that trade?

Poll to come

thehead
12-15-2007, 09:03 AM
How about you give us back the 4th for Herm & take out your on trash ROFL

kstater
No. No to any Pennington. No matter what else you throw in. Especially anything that involves a 1st-6th round pick.

chagrin
a 1st? Bill, what on Earth are you smoking?

Bill Parcells
12-15-2007, 09:04 AM
No thanks, that's not an acceptable option. :D

chagrin
I mean seriously, this is going to be a top 10 1st, why do you think Coles or Chad would be worth that?

Mr. Arrowhead
i wouldnt mind penengton as a back up, hes alot better option than huard

Bill Parcells
12-15-2007, 09:05 AM
a 1st? Bill, what on Earth are you smoking?
Coles is a good reciever, he would be good with Bowe. the problem is Pennington can't throw the ball.

chop
12-15-2007, 09:06 AM
Dream on.

the Talking Can
Chad Pennington is as good as gone from the Jets this off-season, and it's a pretty good assumption Herm is very interested. so, if the Jets were to trade Pennington and Laverneous Coles to the Chiefs for a 1st and 5th round choice, would you be happy with that trade?

Poll to come

I'll hunt you down and kill your family in front of you.

:)

kstater
Let me put it this way. I'd rather take Ty Detmer, or Coy whichever one you had a couple years ago.

Bill Parcells
12-15-2007, 09:07 AM
I mean seriously, this is going to be a top 10 1st, why do you think Coles or Chad would be worth that?
Dude, the Jets traded a mid level 1st round pick for Doug Jolley during Herm's legendary run with the Jets. never underestimate Herm's stupidity.

chagrin
12-15-2007, 09:08 AM
Dude, the Jets traded a mid level 1st round pick for Doug Jolley during Herm's legendary run with the Jets. never underestimate Herm's stupidity.

As long as your expressing how stupid Herm is, because this is a shitty deal, Coles has been in the league almost 10 years now and Chad sucks - what out of that = top 10 1st rounder?

evolve27
12-15-2007, 09:09 AM
Hell no. We need our first rounder. Pennington is nothing special at all, Coles has been in the league for 7 years now and isn't worth a first for the Chiefs, especially our top 10 pick.

chagrin
12-15-2007, 09:10 AM

That's was a horrible move, I just don't think your idea is realistic, but underestimating Herm's stupidity is a good point.

Bill Parcells
12-15-2007, 09:12 AM
As long as your expressing how stupid Herm is, because this is a shitty deal, Coles has been in the league almost 10 years now and Chad sucks - what out of that = top 10 1st rounder?
Coles is 29, he was drafted in 2000. he supposedly wants to be with Pennington wherever he goes, and he also wants easier practices(according to him). also, Herm has extreme hard on's for his former players. he brought in Damien Robinson to the Jets for eleventy billion dollars and he sucked.

HemiEd
12-15-2007, 09:17 AM
**** you, just **** you Bill Parcells. Get that shit outta here! :cuss:

Mr. Laz
12-15-2007, 09:18 AM
not just no ..... but hell no

Bill Parcells
12-15-2007, 09:19 AM
**** you, just **** you Bill Parcells. Get that shit outta here! :cuss:
LMAO

I'm sorry Ed, really, I am. :(

Reerun_KC
12-15-2007, 09:19 AM
Bill your killing me here!

Hell freaking no!

I dont want Herm or any of his trash players!

HemiEd
12-15-2007, 09:21 AM
LMAO

I'm sorry Ed, really, I am. :(

Sure you are! I gotta better idea. How about we trade you Damon Huard and Eddie Kennison for your first?

Bill Parcells
12-15-2007, 09:21 AM
I'm going to bookmark this thread and subscribe to it. stranger things have happened.

I'm sorry for getting everybody fired up on Saturday morning, really, I am. :D

Reerun_KC
12-15-2007, 09:22 AM
I'm going to bookmark this thread and subscribe to it. stranger things have happened.

I'm sorry for getting everybody fired up on Saturday morning, really, I am. :D
:cuss:

Dylan
12-15-2007, 09:22 AM
ROFL

Bill Parcells
12-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Sure you are! I gotta better idea. How about we trade you Damon Huard and Eddie Kennison for your first?
Hell no, I'm very happy with the Leon Washington for Herm trade though. :)

HemiEd
12-15-2007, 09:25 AM
Hell no, I'm very happy with the Leon Washington for Herm trade though. :)

I am sure you are. Hopefully, we will never see another Chiefs draft choice given up for a HC.

Zouk
12-15-2007, 09:27 AM

Not exactly accurate - they moved down 21 spots from pick 26 to pick 47 in exchange for Jolley and some 2nd day picks. Not a good trade, but no need to exaggerate either.

morphius
12-15-2007, 09:29 AM
If the Chiefs trade for the shoulder of glass, I shall probably be found dead on the couch with either an aneurysm or from falling over and laughing myself to death.

Bill Parcells
12-15-2007, 09:29 AM
I am sure you are. Hopefully, we will never see another Chiefs draft choice given up for a HC.
I feel your pain dude. could you imagine having a really talented team and having this douchebag as your HC? it happened to the Jets, and it's magnified 100X when you actually have talent being held back by this idot.

Short Leash Hootie
12-15-2007, 09:30 AM
I'd trade a 5th for Coles...but I want nothing to do with Pennington.

Bill Parcells
12-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Not exactly accurate - they moved down 21 spots from pick 26 to pick 47 in exchange for Jolley and some 2nd day picks. Not a good trade, but no need to exaggerate either.
They traded a 1st round pick for Doug Jolley, you can twist it any way you want. it was a really bad trade and you're trying to defend it somehow, you really are a piece of work. is that you Herm?

JBucc
12-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Dumbest thread ever. I'd give you a 7th for Coles and our other 7th to keep Pennington.

HolmeZz
12-15-2007, 09:34 AM
I'll give you one of our extra 6ths if you never make any trade proposals again.

Cochise
12-15-2007, 09:35 AM
No. No to any trade that invites Pennington here to relive his 'glory days' with Herm.

Bill Parcells
12-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Dumbest thread ever. I'd give you a 7th for Coles and our other 7th to keep Pennington.
Like I said, I have this thread bookmarked. I'll bump it when the time is right. :Pimp:

Zouk
12-15-2007, 09:38 AM
They traded a 1st round pick for Doug Jolley, you can twist it any way you want. it was a really bad trade and you're trying to defend it somehow, you really are a piece of work. is that you Herm?

Not trying to defend it - just trying to describe it accurately. You left out facts. I said it was a bad trade. Why are you getting so worked up?

HolmeZz
12-15-2007, 09:43 AM
I can speak to the irrationality of most New York sports fans. They have no grasp of anything that doesn't have to do with their own team.

Bill Parcells
12-15-2007, 09:44 AM
Not trying to defend it - just trying to describe it accurately. You left out facts. I said it was a bad trade. Why are you getting so worked up?
I'm not worked up. you are just a broken record with your recycled Herm defending diatribes. that's all, don't be so sensitive. you should have thick skin around here if you're defending Herm 24/7.

Mr. Laz
12-15-2007, 09:46 AM
I'm not worked up. you are just a broken record with your recycled Herm defending diatribes. that's all, don't be so sensitive. you should have thick skin around here if you're defending Herm 24/7.
he's relentless ... very calm, but relentless.

HemiEd
12-15-2007, 09:48 AM
I feel your pain dude. could you imagine having a really talented team and having this douchebag as your HC? it happened to the Jets, and it's magnified 100X when you actually have talent being held back by this idot.

Yep, as noted in the Tank and Turk thread, we may actually have some talent waiting to play. But the slobbering idiot won't allow them to make any mistakes. I am so glad we have Morten Anderson II on the team now to shore up this youth movement, along with Donnie Edwards and Ty Law.

This debacle is making me feel 25 years younger, like it is 1982 all over again. :banghead:

HolmeZz
12-15-2007, 09:48 AM

It is kinda sad you remember the whole Jet situation better than Bill does.

HemiEd
12-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Like I said, I have this thread bookmarked. I'll bump it when the time is right. :Pimp:
I KILL YOU!!

Dylan
12-15-2007, 09:53 AM

What's going on with the Jets?

Do you like the QB? Will Mangini make changes to the defense next year?

TIA

Thanks for throwing Brandon Jacobs out with the trash... lol Grant it, we have our own problems....

HolmeZz
12-15-2007, 09:54 AM
Hey Bill, we'll give you Eddie Kennison and Damon Huard for your 1st round and 5th round picks.

Bill Parcells
12-15-2007, 09:58 AM
What's going on with the Jets?

Do you like the QB? Will Mangini make changes to the defense next year?

TIA

Thanks for throwing Brandon Jacobs out with the trash... lol
I like Clemens, and I like Mangini. the defensive line sucks, we need a nose tackle if we're going to play the 3-4, and we don't have one. LOL!

We also need an O-line if we're going to a power running attack (like we did this year), but our O-line sucks. Mangold is the only good lineman.

We need lineman desperately. I think they'll go after Fineca and draft a guard and a tackle.

Bill Parcells
12-15-2007, 09:59 AM
Hey Bill, we'll give you Eddie Kennison and Damon Huard for your 1st round and 5th round picks.
How about Tom Seaver for Pat Zachry, steve henderson, doug flynn and dan norman?

Brock
12-15-2007, 10:09 AM
Pennington has zero value, Coles is worth a 4th maybe.

Skip Towne
12-15-2007, 10:15 AM
It is kinda sad you remember the whole Jet situation better than Bill does.
Whatever happened to that DFB guy who used to defend Huard? He disappeared. So will Zouk. There is no defending Herm.

Ebolapox
12-15-2007, 10:33 AM
hmmmm...... if you'd throw in dwayne robertson, jon vilma, justin miller, and kerry rhodes. THEN I'd consider it.

otherwise, f*ck off JETS!

Mecca
12-15-2007, 10:35 AM
Yes a bad team like the Chiefs should trade a 1st round pick for 2 old guys.........sounds like Carl.

HolmeZz
12-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Whatever happened to that DFB guy who used to defend Huard? He disappeared. So will Zouk. There is no defending Herm.

I didn't interpret what he was doing as defending Herm. He was correcting Bill's recollection of that draft day. The Jets traded down spots for a package that included picks and Doug Jolley(and it was a late first rounder they traded back from). They didn't trade a top 5 pick straight up for Jolley, which is essentially what he's asking us to do for Coles, who wasn't worth a top 5 pick in his prime, let alone now.

HemiEd
12-15-2007, 10:41 AM

R-E-P-O-S-T

Skip Towne
12-15-2007, 10:45 AM
I didn't interpret what he was doing as defending Herm. He was correcting Bill's recollection of that draft day. The Jets traded down spots for a package that included picks and Doug Jolley(and it was a late first rounder they traded back from). They didn't trade a top 5 pick straight up for Jolley, which is essentially what he's asking us to do for Coles, who wasn't worth a top 5 pick in his prime, let alone now.
It's all about defending Herm. He does it constantly.

Dylan
12-15-2007, 11:17 AM
I can speak to the irrationality of most New York sports fans. They have no grasp of anything that doesn't have to do with their own team.
Not true.... The Giants haven't been to a Super Bowl in 17 years and counting. :shake:

I'm open to anyone who can critique the Giants. They play tomorrow nite at 8:30. I'm in the game night thread. I don't talk to the Giants fans.

They have problems on offense. The Giants released LT Luke Petitgout in the off season and didn't seem to have a plan in place. They moved David Diehl from LG to LT and he isn't quick enough to deal with the pass rush. Petitgout is now with Tampa Bay doing a great job protecting the QB. Poor Eli. Shockey is what he is. Good and bad.

They signed OT Kareem McKenzie as unrestricted FA from the Jets and he's done a solid job opening holes. He did an amazing job for Curtis Martin and Tiki Barber. I'm not sure why the Jets let him walk.

The Giants play the Patriots the last game of the season . I can't remember the last time they met. Will the Giants play their 2nd & 3rd stringers? They should. Hate to see Eleanor get carried out in a body bag.

el borracho
12-15-2007, 11:24 AM

Poll to come
Soooo... trade our top ten pick and an early 5th for a guy that is going to get cut and an average WR? No, thank you.

Dylan
12-15-2007, 11:27 AM
hmmmm...... if you'd throw in dwayne robertson, jon vilma, justin miller, and kerry rhodes. THEN I'd consider it.

otherwise, f*ck off JETS!

I don't think you want them.

Dylan
12-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Assuming a team signs Pennington can they restructure his contract? I think he making around $5 million this season.

KC Tattoo
12-15-2007, 11:44 AM
All Chad Pennington threads make me sick :Lin:

RustShack
12-15-2007, 12:06 PM
A fifth round choice for those two sure, but also a 1st!? You have got to be kidding me!

philfree
12-15-2007, 12:20 PM
We've gotta fix the O line. Behind our line how long would Chatty Chad last? One play. If we could sign as a FA back up to Croyle I'd be O.K. with that.

PhilFree:arrow:

Baconeater
12-15-2007, 12:21 PM
Yes a bad team like the Chiefs should trade a 1st round pick for 2 old guys.........sounds like Carl.
That's where this thread confuses me, is BP asking if we like the idea, or if we think Herm & Carl are dumb enough to do it? That's two totally separate issues.

patteeu
12-15-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm not surprised that this idea was rejected by the majority, but the margin of victory is pretty impressive. Right now, it's 44-0.

KC Tattoo
12-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Herms talking about building this team through the draft, that should leave out Chad Pinnington. I hope. I think they are stupid enough to go through the deal and we end up with Chad. It's the CP way. Let's get the old broken down QBs and build a Championship team, Joe Freaking Montana couldn't do the job, but let's just keep doing what has failed for 18 years.

Why can't we just stick with Brodie, & build an Oline give him some weapons and go with it? It's going to take a couple more years anyways before this Offense is back on track and getting a reject QB does nothing for our long term goal of getting to and winning a Super Bowl.

RustShack
12-15-2007, 12:42 PM
Anyone hear that Herm could be fired after this year? Read that on PFT, linked to a Denver newspaper.

KC Tattoo
12-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Anyone hear that Herm could be fired after this year? Read that on PFT, linked to a Denver newspaper.

If it's from the Denver newspaper, it is worthless. Propoganda on their part and wanting to stir the pot.

RustShack
12-15-2007, 12:49 PM
But it does make sense, him and Carl have been getting into it here of late, and if Carl decides hes gonna stick around after his evaluation, Herman could be the one to go. Get another coach, another excuse for Carl to stick around.

Bill Parcells
12-15-2007, 12:52 PM
That's where this thread confuses me, is BP asking if we like the idea, or if we think Herm & Carl are dumb enough to do it? That's two totally separate issues.
I kind of know this trade would be favorable towards the Jets. but you guys know Carl Peterson's problem solving capabilities better than me. so I'm basically asking you if it would surprise you if this went down.

smittysbar
12-15-2007, 12:53 PM
I'll hunt you down and kill your family in front of you.

:)

ROFL REP!

KC Tattoo
12-15-2007, 01:00 PM
I kind of know this trade would be favorable towards the Jets. but you guys know Carl Peterson's problem solving capabilities better than me. so I'm basically asking you if it would surprise you if this went down.

It wouldn't surprise me, but I will be one ticked off Chiefs fan :#

RustShack
12-15-2007, 01:04 PM
I would be surprised if even Carl did something THAT stupid.

Valiant
12-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Coles is a good reciever, he would be good with Bowe. the problem is Pennington can't throw the ball.

Go **** yourself and your stupid idea... You want to trade a WR to us and QB that cant get the ball to them.. But he would be good with Bowe.. **** you..

jjjayb
12-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Wow. 53 against and 0 for. That settles it. Pennington will be a chief next year. :banghead:

smittysbar
12-15-2007, 01:34 PM

KINDA?????? Yes it would surprise me. No one would be this stupid. You can't actually think that this is even possible.

ChiefFan31
12-15-2007, 01:38 PM

Poll to come

That is one of the worst ideas I have ever read in regards to the Chiefs. Us giving up draft picks for old washed up crap? Sure, Coles still has a couple of productive seasons left, but why...we need to get young.

That is the exact opposite of what we need to do.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-15-2007, 02:00 PM
LOL How about we give you Damon Huard and Samie Parker for a 1st and a 5th?

blueballs
12-15-2007, 02:40 PM
The Dolphins are being shopped
try Cameron
anybody buy that team can't be to bright

Agent V
12-15-2007, 03:32 PM
No thanks. If Pennington is injured every year with the Jets' offensive line, our line will be facing murder charges.

Bill Parcells
12-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Go **** yourself and your stupid idea... You want to trade a WR to us and QB that cant get the ball to them.. But he would be good with Bowe.. **** you..
Why don't you suck my dick and stop breathing.

I hope it happens. if your this mad now, I can't wait to see you when this goes down. heh. LMAO

Mr. Laz
12-15-2007, 04:16 PM
Why don't you suck my dick and stop breathing.

I hope it happens. if your this mad now, I can't wait to see you when this goes down. heh. LMAO
instigator ... i bet your one of those heathens by gate D shouting "show me your boobies"

StcChief
12-15-2007, 04:17 PM
No way. I don't see our collection of stock piled draft picks going for Pennington. Coles maybe not 1st though

LiL stumppy
12-15-2007, 04:18 PM
No, not at all. We need a OL in the first round, so we need to keep our top pick.

Ari ümlaüt
12-15-2007, 04:18 PM
68 NOs. 0 yes. hahah

Bill Parcells
12-15-2007, 04:19 PM
instigator ... i bet your one of those heathens by gate D shouting "show me your boobies"
I'm one of those heathens. but I don't shout, I just point. :)

ClevelandBronco
12-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Horrible idea.

Do it.

Please.

Calcountry
12-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Coles is a good reciever, he would be good with Bowe. the problem is Pennington can't throw the ball.You are just loving this meltdown at KC under Herm, aren't you?

BC is the man for now. We are going to fire Carl and Herm, then have own the draft this year.

Rain man, how bout some new top tens.

Carl will be fired
Herm will be fired
Gun will be fired
Solari will be fired
Dick Curl will be fired
LJ will be traded
The Chiefs will lose out
The raiders will win out
The Broncos will win out but miss the playoffs
The Falcons will win out.

morphius
12-15-2007, 05:27 PM
Maybe Bill's plan was for us to trade their higher 1st and 5th for our lower picks and take these crappy players off of their rosters. At least that seems more reasonable then the offer he originally posted...

Mr. Laz
12-15-2007, 05:36 PM
wow .... i don't think i have ever seen a Poll that united the Cplanet as much as this one.

ROFL

Bill Parcells
12-15-2007, 05:53 PM
wow .... i don't think i have ever seen a Poll that united the Cplanet as much as this one.

ROFL
I think it's that unique bonding ability I have. it makes it extra special around the Holiday times. I'm happy I made the Planet unite.

PS: I aint never seen poll results like that before either, anywhere.

Mr. Laz
12-15-2007, 06:03 PM
I think it's that unique bonding ability I have. it makes it extra special around the Holiday times. I'm happy I made the Planet unite.

PS: I aint never seen poll results like that before either, anywhere.
you're a talented man :clap:

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2007, 06:15 PM
There is not a single player on your team worth a 1st round draft pick.

Cochise
12-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Is the vote really 73-0 right now, or is a mod messing with it?

Bill Parcells
12-15-2007, 06:21 PM
There is not a single player on your team worth a 1st round draft pick.
Hamas, was Herm worth a 4th? :spock:

You have to start thinking like Carl Peterson here.

morphius
12-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Hamas, was Herm worth a 4th? :spock:

You have to start thinking like Carl Peterson here.
No, but Carl doesn't part with 1st round picks, and only if they really suck are they ever even allowed a chance to leave the team.

Bill Parcells
12-15-2007, 06:32 PM
No, but Carl doesn't part with 1st round picks, and only if they really suck are they ever even allowed a chance to leave the team.
Didn't you give up a 1st rounder for Trent Green? he was an unproven QB, but Vermiel insisted on getting him, right?

morphius
12-15-2007, 06:35 PM
Didn't you give up a 1st rounder for Trent Green? he was an unproven QB, but Vermiel insisted on getting him, right?
But we were forced into that trade, the only, and I use this term loosely, good QB on our team left because he wouldn't restructure his contract.

Mr. Laz
12-15-2007, 06:56 PM
ya ... and we paid too much for him

ChiefsCountry
12-15-2007, 07:21 PM
Give us Coles, Pennington, Dewayne Robinson, Jonathan Vilma, Ferguson and Kerry Rhodes and I would give you our 1st and 5th in a heart beat.