RT Chris Terry Damion McIntosh
TE Tony Gonzalez Tony Gonzalez
WR Dwayne Bowe Dwayne Bowe
QB Brodie Croyle Brodie Croyle
FB Boomer Grigsby Boomer Grigsby
RB Kolby Smith Larry Johnson

doomy3
12-16-2007, 12:21 AM
There are quite a few substantial upgrades on that offense if this were to come true.

Count Alex's Losses
12-16-2007, 12:21 AM
John Sullivan?

kcchiefsus
12-16-2007, 12:23 AM
How big of an idiot does this writer have to be to not realize that Chris Terry and Casey Wiegmann are both free agents this offseason. Is anybody that retarded to think we would really re-sign either of them?

QuikSsurfer
12-16-2007, 12:25 AM
no way boomer is a starter

Chiefspants
12-16-2007, 12:27 AM
He was one of the chiefs two highlights of the game last week, it was awesome seeing him get that catch and run

doomy3
12-16-2007, 12:27 AM
How big of an idiot does this writer have to be to not realize that Chris Terry and Casey Wiegmann are both free agents this offseason. Is anybody that retarded to think we would really re-sign either of them?

uh, maybe you noticed that neither Terry or Weigmann weren't mentioned in next years lineup, according to the Star??? :shrug:

evolve27
12-16-2007, 12:28 AM

Wiegman will probably retire. Niswanger starts if healthy or Waters moves to C.

Messier
12-16-2007, 12:31 AM

The Name on the left is this year's starter. The name on the right is next year's. And I like that projection.

Hydrae
12-16-2007, 12:34 AM
I read it as starter/backup. I thought it was weird that we showed no backup for Croyle and others and that they were thinking Kolby would start over LJ. :huh:

QuikSsurfer
12-16-2007, 12:35 AM
He was one of the chiefs two highlights of the game last week, it was awesome seeing him get that catch and run
it was exciting to see him drop the one that hit him right in the hands.. i do not want to see grigsby or terry on the offensive side

QuikSsurfer
12-16-2007, 12:37 AM
I read it as starter/backup. I thought it was weird that we showed no backup for Croyle and others and that they were thinking Kolby would start over LJ. :huh:
post 9

Chiefspants
12-16-2007, 12:43 AM
it was exciting to see him drop the one that hit him right in the hands.. i do not want to see grigsby or terry on the offensive side

lol true, he is not a starting FB on any of the other 31 teams

ChiefFan31
12-16-2007, 12:43 AM

Seriously, I mean yes we need to play the young guys and are rebuilding, but LJ will be the starter next year. 19M guaranteed reasons he should be.

By the time we stockpile enough picks and have enough talent to make a run, that guy will be done for sure.

MadMax
12-16-2007, 12:51 AM
What a joke!!! No Bowe????

QuikSsurfer
12-16-2007, 12:53 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/405651.html

Pos. Today Next season
WR Eddie Kennison Bryant Johnson
LT Damion McIntosh Jake Long
LG Brian Waters Brian Waters
C Casey Wiegmann John Sullivan
RG John Welbourn Jake Scott
RT Chris Terry Damion McIntosh
TE Tony Gonzalez Tony Gonzalez
WR Dwayne Bowe Dwayne Bowe
QB Brodie Croyle Brodie Croyle
FB Boomer Grigsby Boomer Grigsby
RB Kolby Smith Larry Johnson
you obviously need to post directions on how to read these columns.

the Talking Can
12-16-2007, 12:53 AM
would be nice if this "article" provided some actual info on its selections...

QuikSsurfer
12-16-2007, 12:54 AM
would be nice if this "article" provided some actual info on its selections...
talking bong - which mod is responsible for this?

REPOST!

chiefbowe82
nope no stonehands

MadMax

K I'm retarded can't delete my own post so please ignore me.

the Talking Can
12-16-2007, 01:02 AM
appears Teicher's article is the companion piece to this chart...

ChiefsCountry
12-16-2007, 01:24 AM
Is the Star reading the Planet and stealing ideas?

POND_OF_RED
12-16-2007, 05:53 AM
John Sullivan? I thought Niswanger was the center of the future. I wouldn't mind giving Adam Spieker a look as well. Mainly because I am a homer. but he is a 3rd team all american who I have read could go undrafted.

StillHonest
12-16-2007, 07:15 AM
Some replies are just silly.

Lonewolf Ed
12-16-2007, 07:31 AM
K I'm retarded can't delete my own post so please ignore me.

Is ignoring less painful than ridicule? :)

ILChief
12-16-2007, 08:48 AM
it that's true, then we had a hell of an offseason.

Getting Long and Sullivan in the draft would be great. Plus adding Bryant Johnson to start opposite Bowe would give Croyle weapons in addition to protection.

Plus a healthy LJ to team with the suprising Kolby Smith could have this offense back on track.

The key is drafting high enough to get Long.

Simplex3
12-16-2007, 09:25 AM
This will never happen because the Chiefs won't have a first rounder this year. Remember, we're trading that for two old, washed up never-were's from the Jets.

Easy 6
12-16-2007, 10:14 AM
What a monumental waste of time, trying to lay it out already is beyond pointless...before the season is even over, before the draft, before free agency!!??!!

The Star should have sold advertising in that space instead, atleast it would have been worth something.

StcChief
12-16-2007, 11:04 AM
no way boomer is a starter
go back to your :bong: or look for a cat.

Boomer yes. The Wilson experiment is over.

QuikSsurfer
12-16-2007, 11:23 AM
go back to your :bong: or look for a cat.

Boomer yes. The Wilson experiment is over.
low blow, bitch.

i'd assume we'll actually sign a true FB in the offseason. boomer will sit on the bench unless we're kicking off - which will only happen once a game for us.

CoMoChief
12-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Bryant Johnson?!?!?!? I'd much rather have Bernard Berrian.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Bryant Johnson?!?!?!? I'd much rather have Bernard Berrian.

Would you much rather shell out about 8-10M guaranteed for a Berrian who is basically a slightly bigger Samie Parker.

Halfcan
12-16-2007, 01:56 PM
LJ starting over Smith??-that would be a HUGE downgrade. Lj should just retire now-now that he has enough money to feed his Grandma.

KCChiefsFan88
12-16-2007, 02:38 PM
you obviously need to post directions on how to read these columns.

Sorry I assumed most people on this board have the comprehension level of a 2nd grader or above...

I'll take this in baby steps since you obviously don't fall in that category (I'm amazed you are even able to turn on your computer by yourself).

"Pos." stands for POSITION (hence the position abbreviations under this heading). A POSITION is what a player plays on the football field, this is where they line-up and this defines their responsibilities. QB stands for QUARTERBACK, WR stands for WIDE RECEIVER, LT standds for LEFT TACKLE, LG stands for LEFT GUARD, C stands for CENTER, RT stands for RIGHT TACKLE, TE stands for TIGHT END, FB stands for FULLBACK and RB stands for RUNNING BACK.

Now the heading that says "Today" refers to what the Chiefs starting offense will be TODAY (that would TODAY's game against TENNESSEEE, Sunday December 16, 2007).

The heading that says "Next Season" refer to what the KC Star thinks the Chiefs starting offense will look like NEXT SEASON. That would be the season that will follow the current season we are in... the season that will begin in September 2008.

Is this clear for you? If you have any more issues... perhaps changing a roll of toilet paper, dressing yourself, tying your shoes or any other remedial task that might be hard for someone in you "special" situation to figure out please let me know.

Dicky McElephant
12-16-2007, 03:07 PM
John Sullivan huh? I guess I could be happy with that considering I'm a Dame fan.

The Bad Guy
12-16-2007, 03:07 PM
LJ starting over Smith??-that would be a HUGE downgrade. Lj should just retire now-now that he has enough money to feed his Grandma.

Seriously, kill yourself.

QuikSsurfer
12-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Sorry I assumed most people on this board have the comprehension level of a 2nd grader or above...

I'll take this in baby steps since you obviously don't fall in that category (I'm amazed you are even able to turn on your computer by yourself).

I understood it perfectly fine.. i was speaking for all the posters thinking it were columns for starters and backups.
:drool: