PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's Tea Party 07

Taco John
12-16-2007, 12:44 AM
At 2am, just two hours into the Second American Tea Party, Ron Paul has raised $600k+.

As an amusing comparison, during the Huckabee money bomb, he managed to raise $200k in 24 hours.

As another amusing comparison, it took the grass roots until 8am last time to raise $600k. Paul will likely have raised close to $2 million by 8am this time around.

Here's a chart that tracks the progress of Dec 16th vs. Nov. 5th.

http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/dec_16_vs_nov_5_total.png

Taco John
12-16-2007, 01:28 AM
"You're going to criticize me now and thank me later..."

14 year old boy schools his Giuliani supporting father on the realities of world politics... Father swallows his pride, and does the right thing: dumps the zero and supports the hero...

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Msilh1H7E1g&rel=1&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed>

Cochise
12-16-2007, 01:29 AM
You think this is something, wait until the Ron Paul Lemon Party

Taco John
12-16-2007, 01:34 AM

That's actually happening right now in every other campaign. Nobody, and I mean, nobody in these other weak campaigns are happy to see this going on. Especially if they've been listening to the leaks coming out of the Paul camp.

Rumors have it that Paul just put together a major infomercial, and is about to drop a $10 million dollar ad buy for a nationwide blitz. Currently, Paul's camp is projecting a third place showing in Iowa as their internal polling is telling them that they've hit their precinct numbers. They figure anything they do at this point gives them a shot at first or second.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-16-2007, 02:25 AM

I see it everyday in this subforum.

Iowanian
12-16-2007, 09:34 AM
A fool and his money are easy to part.

Every dumbass 14 year old thinks they know more than their father. Someday, they find out they'll Never know as much as their father.

Maybe you'll get that realization someday, Tacopaul

recxjake
12-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Ron Paul is going to be on Meet the Press next weekend!

Romney got whacked pretty hard today on the show.

Chocolate Hog
12-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Ron has got over 6 million today and over 17million this qtr.

irishjayhawk
12-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Ron has got over 6 million today and over 17million this qtr.

I keep seeing short of 6 million. Link?

Taco John
12-16-2007, 09:21 PM
I keep seeing short of 6 million. Link?

It's my understanding that they haven't added in the offline donations to this amount at this point...

irishjayhawk
12-16-2007, 09:21 PM
It's my understanding that they haven't added in the offline donations to this amount at this point...

Okay, well that's the clarification i needed. I knew that those hadn't been counted.

Taco John
12-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Okay, well that's the clarification i needed. I knew that those hadn't been counted.

The other thing is that apparently there is an endrun push going on right now where Hillary is claiming a $6.1?-$6.3? million dollar single day record, and the site is getting bogged down as everyone is rushing the site in order to beat that number. Supposedly the live counters aren't updating correctly because of the tremendous server strain.

irishjayhawk
12-16-2007, 09:30 PM
The other thing is that apparently there is an endrun push going on right now where Hillary is claiming a $6.1?-$6.3? million dollar single day record, and the site is getting bogged down as everyone is rushing the site in order to beat that number. Supposedly the live counters aren't updating correctly because of the tremendous server strain.

That wouldn't surprise.

BucEyedPea
12-16-2007, 09:32 PM
I did mine offline this morning.

irishjayhawk
12-16-2007, 09:35 PM
I did mine offline this morning.

i've always wondered how you'd do it offline and make it count today? I mean, did you mail it, wire it or what?

Cochise
12-16-2007, 09:41 PM
I'm pissed that nobody thought my Lemon Party joke was funny.

Taco John
12-16-2007, 09:43 PM
i've always wondered how you'd do it offline and make it count today? I mean, did you mail it, wire it or what?

1-877-RON-PAUL

Silock
12-16-2007, 10:05 PM
I'm pissed that nobody thought my Lemon Party joke was funny.

Ideally, jokes are funny. Perhaps this is where you went wrong.

wazu
12-16-2007, 10:06 PM
It's over, and he pulled in over 6 million in online donations.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2366/2117242804_ed6f78e80d_o.jpg

recxjake
12-16-2007, 10:20 PM
There are going to be a lot of kids without Christmas this year....

honestly, there isn't one person in America who would have thought back in May that Ron Paul would be the Q4 fundraising champ... well done

Taco John
12-16-2007, 10:22 PM
The day after the last fundraiser was a $500,000 day as the news got out and new people got the message and decided to donate. I'm expecting a healthy couple of days...

Tuesday night, he'll get an hour on Glenn Beck. And then next Sunday, and hour with Tim Russert.

Taco John
12-16-2007, 10:25 PM

honestly, there isn't one person in America who would have thought back in May that Ron Paul would be the Q4 fundraising champ... well done

Thanks... You're right about that. I took a big gulp when I saw the $12 million dollar fundraising goal. I wasn't sure if we could meet it. Little did I know!

Cochise
12-16-2007, 11:32 PM
Ideally, jokes are funny. Perhaps this is where you went wrong.

Ah, come on.. the geriatrics... he's not a spring chicken...

Damnit, I'm funny, if you guys don't appreciate it that's on you. :harumph:

Chocolate Hog
12-17-2007, 12:13 AM

Thanks Rec. I think this is awesome people are wanting change and are willing to give up hard earned money to do so.

|Zach|
12-17-2007, 12:34 AM
I look forward to seeing the final numbers on this.

Silock
12-17-2007, 12:56 AM
Ah, come on.. the geriatrics... he's not a spring chicken...

Damnit, I'm funny, if you guys don't appreciate it that's on you. :harumph:

Okay, well, I chuckled when I saw it :)

Silock
12-17-2007, 12:57 AM
BTW, for someone who's polling "in the single digits," he sure is getting a ton of individual donations. It's not just a few people donating hundreds of thousands of dollars. It's a bunch of people donating a little that adds up to a lot.

Sure seems like he's got more real support than the polls are showing.

Taco John
12-17-2007, 02:27 AM
BTW, for someone who's polling "in the single digits," he sure is getting a ton of individual donations. It's not just a few people donating hundreds of thousands of dollars. It's a bunch of people donating a little that adds up to a lot.

Sure seems like he's got more real support than the polls are showing.

That's because it's impossible for polls to count all of the new people that Paul is bringing into the Republican fold. They can only count "likely Republican voters" based on past voting patterns, and stabs in the dark.

The truth is that they have absolutely no idea how deep Dr. Paul's support is, but they can't admit this, otherwise nobody would pay them for their polls.