PDA

View Full Version : Almost perfect game

the Talking Can
12-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Crolye showed a lot of improvement and we lost.

I wish he wouldn't have thrown that 2nd INT, but he did throw 40+ passes. And there was Bowes drop on the first play of the game, and a big pass in the redzone called back because of holding (2nd half).

All in all, lots good things to take away from his play....and Smiths.

And we didn't win!

woot!

OnTheWarpath58
12-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Yep.

Best of both worlds, IMO.

siberian khatru
12-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Color me satisfied on both ends. Heh.

Cochise
12-16-2007, 03:00 PM
I can't believe people were clamoring for Huard at the start of the year. Indefensible then and hilarious now.

MichaelH
12-16-2007, 03:00 PM
I missed the first quarter. When I saw the score in the second quarter, for a few minutes I was hoping the Chiefs would win. Brodie made some great plays. But the same old bad coaching nightmare emerged in the second half and I'm hoping it gets Carl and Hermie fired.

blueballs
12-16-2007, 03:02 PM
TV shot of fan with brown paper bag on head

Scorp
12-16-2007, 03:04 PM
I can't believe people were clamoring for Huard at the start of the year. Indefensible then and hilarious now.

Well what do you expect from GoChiefs and his band of idiots?

KC Tattoo
12-16-2007, 03:06 PM
Brodie is awesome, he is going to be great and I'm hoping he is our guy for a long time. He had Two TDs toaday and a couple of ints. He held in the pocket and took a few sollid hits and got up again. Brodie is good and is going to get better. Wow Sammie Parker and Big Foot both caught an TD today, just WOW!!!

RustShack
12-16-2007, 03:07 PM
Croyle looked pretty impressive, I left when we were winning to help a freind, came home to this...

WilliamTheIrish
12-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Most satisfying loss in years.

WilliamTheIrish
12-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Talking Bong? LMAO W.T.F.?

Cochise
12-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Well what do you expect from GoChiefs and his band of idiots?

I'm just saying, for the record as a fan base we need to put the lie to some things.

We need to recognize that there was never a clearer choice than Croyle at QB, and if you were pimping Huard you don't know beans about anything.

Same for the people who predicted playoffs this year, or even a winning record. This is a BAD football team and anyone with an ounce of sense saw it coming a mile away.

CupidStunt
12-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Agreed.

the Talking Can
12-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Talking Bong? LMAO W.T.F.?

mod humor

the Talking Can
12-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Most satisfying loss in years.

wasn't it?

the good things I wanted to see, I saw
the bad things I expected to happen, happened

siberian khatru
12-16-2007, 03:16 PM
the good things I wanted to see, I saw
the bad things I expected to happen, happened

Good way to put it.

Hydrae
12-16-2007, 03:43 PM
I'm just saying, for the record as a fan base we need to put the lie to some things.

We need to recognize that there was never a clearer choice than Croyle at QB, and if you were pimping Huard you don't know beans about anything.

Same for the people who predicted playoffs this year, or even a winning record. This is a BAD football team and anyone with an ounce of sense saw it coming a mile away.

I admit, I was overly optimistic about this teams chances at the beginning of the season. I was expecting a 6-10 final record but I see no way we win out now. :)

boredfan
12-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Really, this game was as good as a win for me. It showed a decent bit of promise in some young players, it showed where we really need to improve to have a future as a team, and for all those "let's lose to improve our draft pick", they got what they wanted to.

Thig Lyfe
12-16-2007, 04:51 PM
My sentiments exactly. If the next two games can be high-quality losses as well, it'll be the best end to this season possible.

I would hope that the Broncos blowout would remain severe enough to force major changes in the staff and FO, though.

chris
12-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Crolye showed a lot of improvement and we lost.

I wish he wouldn't have thrown that 2nd INT, but he did throw 40+ passes. And there was Bowes drop on the first play of the game, and a big pass in the redzone called back because of holding (2nd half).

All in all, lots good things to take away from his play....and Smiths.

And we didn't win!

woot!

Excuse my rudeness for interrupting this "circle jerk"....but

1) neither Croyle or Huard would have won today. Croyle missed numerous opportunities and his check downs was poor.

2) Run defen and def front pass pen was awful.

3) Once again, and I'll go slow this time, you NEVER play a game just to lose. Its apparent none of you played varsity or college sports. No winner even wants to lose. Did any of you watch the MIA game? They played hard to win. Chiefs need to win whenever and whereever.

Peace.

the Talking Can
12-16-2007, 05:24 PM

1) neither Croyle or Huard would have won today. Croyle missed numerous opportunities and his check downs was poor.

3) Once again, and I'll go slow this time, you NEVER play a game just to lose. Its apparent none of you played varsity or college sports. No winner even wants to lose. Did any of you watch the MIA game? They played hard to win. Chiefs need to win whenever and whereever.

Peace.

ha ha

a True Fan

chris
12-16-2007, 05:27 PM
ha ha

a True Fan

just one tired reading the same old stuff about how we should play to lose.

You always play to win.

the Talking Can
12-16-2007, 05:30 PM

You always play to win.

right, True Fan

Thig Lyfe
12-16-2007, 05:33 PM

You always play to win.

CARL 4 LIFE

OnTheWarpath58
12-16-2007, 05:33 PM

Peace.

I swear, some people here either CAN'T read or CHOOSE not to.

No one has said the team should not give effort, or tank the season.

Some of us just won't be sniffling if we lose.

At this point, I want to see progress from young players win or lose.

But in the grand scheme of things, losing out HELPS this team in the LONG RUN, whether you want to admit it or not.

That's life. GET OVER IT. /Herm

dirk digler
12-16-2007, 05:34 PM

Peace.

1. agree
2. agree
3. Disagree to a point. IMO there is no upside of winning now we need to get a higher draft slot because we are going to be replacing half our roster next year and we are going to need some studs. There is a huge difference between picking 6-7 and picking 12-15.

kcfanXIII
12-16-2007, 05:35 PM

been saying since day one, huard sucks, and there is no way we were making the playoffs.

i know there were more, but kcjohnny is the only moron that comes to mind when you mention the idiots that thought this was a playoff team.

Skip Towne
12-16-2007, 05:36 PM
ha ha

a True n00b

kcfanXIII
12-16-2007, 05:44 PM

Peace.

1.) if croyle couldn't win, huard sure as hell wouldn't have won. i don't think anyone was saying huard should have started, or could have won. i don't know why you make this argument.

2.) you lazy ****er. you can't finish defenSE? here's a rule about abbreviations, only abbreviate a word you've already used in the paragraph you are typing. the second abbreviation of defense was acceptable, but you should spell out penetration.

3.) no body WANTS to lose. personally i just don't expect this team to win. so i'm not disapointed we lost, and i'm happy we'll get a better draft pick for it. so as stated in previous post, like it or not, its true.

so take your idiotic post and wipe your ass with it next time you wanna start a poop thread.

chris
12-16-2007, 06:02 PM
1.) if croyle couldn't win, huard sure as hell wouldn't have won. i don't think anyone was saying huard should have started, or could have won. i don't know why you make this argument.

2.) you lazy ****er. you can't finish defenSE? here's a rule about abbreviations, only abbreviate a word you've already used in the paragraph you are typing. the second abbreviation of defense was acceptable, but you should spell out penetration.

3.) no body WANTS to lose. personally i just don't expect this team to win. so i'm not disapointed we lost, and i'm happy we'll get a better draft pick for it. so as stated in previous post, like it or not, its true.

so take your idiotic post and wipe your ass with it next time you wanna start a poop thread.

so much hate in this post :)

1. read prior posting before you post

2. yes Ms Grammar. Very, very funny.

3. losing is losing. no matter how you fail to try to spin it. no fan should be happy about losing. no player wants to lose to get picks...so who should a nobody like you?? Does the truth hurt?? :)

and so the comedy continues...

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-16-2007, 06:11 PM
been saying since day one, huard sucks, and there is no way we were making the playoffs.

i know there were more, but kcjohnny is the only moron that comes to mind when you mention the idiots that thought this was a playoff team.

Hootie

"This team will win the AFC West, easily"

"When this team is 8-4".

"I'd rather go 9-7 and lose in the first round, than finish 4-12."

FringeNC
12-16-2007, 06:23 PM

Peace.

You just don't get it. Of course, PLAYERS want to play well, and win, but that doesn't mean it's in the best interest of the franchise to win a few meaningless games at the end of the season? You get it?

WilliamTheIrish
12-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Gotta love the true fans. They kept the franchise from having Croyle under center from the start.

Cochise
12-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Gotta love the true fans. They kept the franchise from having Croyle under center from the start.

yep

dood we have to make the playoffs! Once you get there anything can happen! Damon huard could beat the patriots! Our offense could up and score a bunch of points! You never know!

:rolleyes:

Thanks true believers for setting the team back a year.

Count Alex's Losses
12-16-2007, 07:03 PM

Starting Huard was still the right decision. Croyle would be injured by now.

BigMeatballDave
12-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Starting Huard was still the right decision. Croyle would be injured by now.Wrong.

Count Alex's Losses
12-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Wrong.

Croyle already got hurt once, man. I'm glad he didn't start from the beginning. He'd have been pounded so bad...it would have been real ugly.

chagrin
12-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Color me satisfied on both ends. Heh.

:thailor:

NTTAWWT

the Talking Can
12-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Starting Huard was still the right decision. Croyle would be injured by now.

yes, arguing with a hypothetical....like "Croyle would throw 5-6 ints a game if he played"...smart

not playing Croyle is the reason this season is a complete waste...and you Hutards and True Fans and Herm were all for it...

we would know a lot more about Croyle by now, and that info would help us in the draft...but we chose "win now" over rebuilding...to please idiots like you, and hootie...

Count Alex's Losses
12-16-2007, 07:13 PM
yes, arguing with a hypothetical....like "Croyle would throw 5-6 ints a game if he played"...smart

not playing Croyle is the reason this season is a complete waste...and you Hutards and True Fans and Herm were all for it...

we would know a lot more about Croyle by now, and that info would help us in the draft...but we chose "win now" over rebuilding...to please idiots like you, and hootie...

Let's get one thing perfectly clear. From the very beginning of the season, I advocated starting Huard because it was obvious whoever was playing quarterback was going to get pounded behind this line. I didn't want to subject Croyle to that. "Winning now" was just a possible fringe benefit of playing Huard, not the reason.

I think we've learned plenty about Croyle. Today he showed some stuff. He's got two more games and will finish the year with about 250 passing attempts. We'll know whether or not we need to pick a quarterback. And right now, I'd say it's not a priority.

prhom
12-16-2007, 07:14 PM
I don't know guys, I was as excited as everyone else was to see Croyle take over for Huard this year. I also realize he's still learning and will do stupid things. However, I can't remember the last time he hasn't overthrown a receiver on a "go" route down the sideline, and why the f*** would he throw to a TRIPLE covered TG when Bowe just ran right in front of him with only one guy covering and giving Bowe a huge cushion. I don't know, Croyle may come around yet, but after today I'm not as comfortable calling him our qb of the future.

WilliamTheIrish
Croyle already got hurt once, man. I'm glad he didn't start from the beginning. He'd have been pounded so bad...it would have been real ugly.

Since when is it franchise policy to not start a player because he might get hurt? Did we not play LJ? Did LJ not get hurt?

This is the stupid thinking that has infected the franchise through the CP serum. Just ridiculous.

Skip Towne
Where can I get a crystal ball like you have?

CupidStunt
12-16-2007, 07:30 PM
CARL 4 LIFE

He's right in that the Chiefs SHOULD be playing to win. You f**king bet your ass THEY should.

The fans, however, shouldn't necessarily want them to. I would hate it if they won, but I'd also hate it if they layed down for the next two games and scored a combined 10 points while allowing 50.

Cochise
12-16-2007, 07:31 PM
:rolleyes: once again Carl can count on his loyal defenders...

What do you mean the fans won't stand for it, those are just a few internet nitwits... the real fans support us. Look at our season ticket renewals... Look at all this glowing press...