PDA

View Full Version : Despite 17-pt Outburst, Heartless Chiefs Fold at Home

KCJohnny
12-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Despite a near arena-league like 17 point explosion by the offense, Kansas City's heartless defense collapses in yet another 4th quarter meltdown.

Solari called his first actually competitive NFL game, but was unable to overcome turnovers deep in KC's end of the field.

The real story here was a defense that has quit on the season. After an impressive start, the Chiefs defense has slide into the lower regions of the league against the run, effectively forfieting the AFC's best homefield advantage.

When McGraw was in the game, Vince "I don't read defenses" Young exploited the hapless safety time and again. And can anyone explain why Eddie Drummond was in the lineup at all?

Its well known in this forum that I am a Gunther Cunningham fan, but even I am willing to consider letting Gun go. The defense features 2-4 players with high motors and skill, and a lot of guys standing around in soft zone coverage who miss tackles and flat out quit in the 4th quarter. Unsatisfactory. :shake:

Anytime a rebuilding club undertakes a transition to a youth movement, the attitude and spirit of the players becomes paramount to the effort. This team seems to have checked out emotionally.

KCJ
:arrow:

Halfcan
12-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Get OVer IT!!

KCJohnny
12-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Easy for you to say.

I can deal with losing, but I hate quitting.

Halfcan
12-16-2007, 03:33 PM
Easy for you to say.

I can deal with losing, but I hate quitting.

Herm said it- not me. :)

ChiefaRoo
12-16-2007, 03:42 PM
I don't think the Chiefs have quit. They're just not very good and each player is emotionally drained.

KCChiefsFan88
12-16-2007, 03:44 PM
I don't think the Chiefs have quit. They're just not very good and each player is emotionally drained.

And they are poorly coached

|Zach|
12-16-2007, 03:45 PM
I didn't see this game as heartless.

blueballs
12-16-2007, 03:45 PM
I thought the Tits had a great pass rush
and Brodie was going to get beaten to a pulp
there was good here for those looking for it

DaKCMan AP
12-16-2007, 03:48 PM
:deevee:

Sure-Oz
12-16-2007, 03:50 PM
Not a heartless effort, we just suck

KCJohnny
12-16-2007, 03:50 PM
By quitting I was pointing to (the now predictable) 4th quarter disappearance by this defense.

Smed1065
12-16-2007, 03:52 PM
The turnovers did not help the D. They are not top 10 but better than the 3-2..........Defianatetly

KC Tattoo
12-16-2007, 03:55 PM
How manny penalties did we have on offense? I thought that was our biggest problem of the day. Dang we get something going and yellow flag comes out. Jason Dunn and Tony Gonzo had back to back penalties. We had penalties all day long. Huge play with Eddie down field and it gets called back. Stuff like that kills a team & I don't care who you are.

I know I know/GET OVER IT!!!

TEX
12-16-2007, 03:57 PM
The Defense SUCKS AGAIN - Just GET OVER IT!

FringeNC
12-16-2007, 04:09 PM
A little late to the party KCJ...Everyone else has already realized this coaching staff has to go.

KCJohnny
12-17-2007, 12:26 AM
A little late to the party KCJ...Everyone else has already realized this coaching staff has to go.

I'm not at all sold that Gun is the weak link; it has been an evolution for me to arrive at the conclusion that he may have to go as part of the house cleaning.

Cochise
12-17-2007, 12:29 AM
It's not like the team as a whole is heartless.

Some of them maybe. But there are still a good number of guys out there playing like it matters.

KCJohnny
12-17-2007, 12:40 AM
It's not like the team as a whole is heartless.

Some of them maybe. But there are still a good number of guys out there playing like it matters.

I acknowledged that there were 2-4 defenders with lots of motor. Its just become a trend tough to explain away when soooo many games are just frittered away in the 4th quarter. Lyndale White basically did what he wanted on the last 2 drives. Dagger.

I guess I should pick on the heartless offense, too. They have not scored a point in the 4th quarter in the last 6 games. Meanwhile this formerly tough D has given up 91 points in the last 3 games (30.3 ppg).

:banghead: