PDA

View Full Version : Any coaches worth keeping?

ping2000
12-16-2007, 02:32 PM
We all know, that there will be little or no changes in this coaching staff. That's why this team blows. But seriously, which coaches on this mess deserve to be back? I know the talent isn't there, but who exactly COACHES on this team?

Gun - Massively OVER RATED. Idea of game plan is screaming louder. Old, stuck in his ways, will get repeatedly burned on the same play over and over because he is a stupid dumb ass.

Solari - Out of his element. Zero game instincts, helped as O-line coach in years past by probowl talent. Has any o-lineman IMPROVED under Solari?

Current line coaches - Suckass performance speaks for itself.

Secondary - Again, ZERO improvement throughout the year.

Dick Curl - Great time management. Please die.

Strength and conditioning - Without HGH and steroids, we are doomed.

Tits McGee
12-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Any coaches worth keeping?

In a word, no.

AZORChiefFan
12-16-2007, 02:37 PM
Any coaches worth keeping?

In a word, no.
In two words No. No.

BigChiefFan
12-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Krumrie is the only one I would consider keeping around. Even then the D-line hasn't been that great, but he chews players asses and I'm glad he makes his players accountable.

banyon
12-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Joiner, maybe.

KCChiefsFan88
12-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Allow Slowlari to be demoted back to offensive line coach he wants to.

Otherwise no

ping2000
12-16-2007, 02:43 PM
Krumrie is the only one I would consider keeping around. Even then the D-line hasn't been that great, but he chews players asses and I'm glad he makes his players accountable.

That's the same problem I have with Gun. He screams really loud and chews ass, but can he coach? Can evaluate talent? Does anyone get any better? I don't think so. Tank and Turk have regressed through the year. Hali had a crappy year. Allen is just good. Any of that due to Krumrie?

RustShack
12-16-2007, 02:45 PM
I think our RB coach is pretty good...

el borracho
12-16-2007, 02:48 PM
Gunther is the best coach we have at his current position and deserves to be back. Everyone else?- Not so much.

p.s. Get Dorsey in the draft and watch Gun become a genius again. It is exceptionally difficult to do anything without linemen (true on both sides of the ball) and I'm surprised any Marty disciple wouldn't know that.

ping2000
12-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Gunther is the best coach we have at his current position and deserves to be back. Everyone else?- Not so much.

p.s. Get Dorsey in the draft and watch Gun become a genius again. It is exceptionally difficult to do anything without linemen (true on both sides of the ball) and I'm surprised any Marty disciple wouldn't know that.

I never liked Gun, as you can tell from my post. Just don't see why he gets so much love.

el borracho
12-16-2007, 02:55 PM
Probably because he has been a successful defensive coach wherever he has gone in the last couple of decades.

L.A. Chieffan
12-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Gun and the cover 2 do not mix. One or the other got to go

el borracho
12-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Gunther is the only coach we have at his current position (defensive coordinator).

gun doest make 2nd half adjustment, he evaluates talent poorly, and he needs probowl players to look decent.
Ah, should have read "at his respective position." My apologies for the error.

"doest make 2nd half adjustment" = your assertion. Care to prove it?
"evaluates talent poorly" - :shrug: so does everyone else from time to time
"needs probowl players to look decent" - we have one defensive probowler and a top ten defense. How do you explain that?

el borracho
12-16-2007, 03:01 PM
was a horrible head coach
has been a poor D coordinator for us since he has been back
Gun was about .500 here- the same as Dick Vermeil and I wasn't talking about his abilities as head coach, anyway; that is why I said as a defensive coach. And he has not been a poor D coordinator since his return. Our defense has improved from dead last in the league to top ten.

blueballs
12-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Lamar wanted Gun
Gun should be out in the cold now

BigChiefFan
12-16-2007, 03:02 PM
That's the same problem I have with Gun. He screams really loud and chews ass, but can he coach? Can evaluate talent? Does anyone get any better? I don't think so. Tank and Turk have regressed through the year. Hali had a crappy year. Allen is just good. Any of that due to Krumrie?I would say Hali is underachieving for a 1st round pick, but to be fair, he's had a solid season.
Jared Allen looks like a PBer. Wilkerson looks better and Boone has been very good at times. I would say Krumrie is doing a decent job.

FringeNC
12-16-2007, 03:03 PM
Gun was about .500 here- the same as Dick Vermeil and I wasn't talking about his abilities as head coach, anyway; that is why I said as a defensive coach. And he has not been a poor D coordinator since his return. Our defense has improved from dead last in the league to top ten.

Top 10? Are you kidding me? We are 18th in the league in yards per play allowed. Incidently, Gun's 2004 D was even worse than Robinson's 2003 unit.

Reerun_KC
12-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Nope to all. HC and down..

Fire the whole mess...

CoMoChief
12-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Firing Gun is not the answer. He's done a good job this season.

This defense is not motivated, that's not entirely his fault. Who would want to play with this offense? This defense is constantly under pressure to hold teams under a couple scores a game because our offense cant help out.