PDA

View Full Version : McIntosh going after coach

chuxtrux
12-16-2007, 03:13 PM
Did anybody else at the game see McIntosh scream at a coach late in the 4th and had to be separated by Boomer Grigsby and other players. Waters was just by himself shaking his head.

Deberg_1990
12-16-2007, 03:13 PM
810 mentioned it briefly

OnTheWarpath58
12-16-2007, 03:14 PM
Wonder WTF that would be about.....

OL played pretty well today.

blueballs
does not compute

KCJohnny
I thought the OL played well today. Croyle was pretty much protected in the scheme.

siberian khatru
12-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Wonder WTF that would be about.....

OL played pretty well today.

I thought so too. They ran several plays with guys pulling, they did pretty well in space. Haven't seen that all year.

I think the playcalling was better. I think that had something to do with it -- we weren't as predictable.

FringeNC
12-16-2007, 03:19 PM
I thought so too. They ran several plays with guys pulling, they did pretty well in space. Haven't seen that all year.

I think the playcalling was better. I think that had something to do with it -- we weren't as predictable.

Yep. We didn't attempt to play smash-mouth today, and we looked like a legitimate NFL offense. 300 yards isn't a bad outing against a good defense.

KCJohnny
12-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Yep. We didn't attempt to play smash-mouth today, and we looked like a legitimate NFL offense. 300 yards isn't a bad outing against a good defense.

I saw flashes of imagination today - that makes me wonder where this offense was all year. 300 yards against Tennessee is a pretty good day, I agree.

Hydrae
12-16-2007, 03:22 PM
And no sacks allowed.

blueballs
12-16-2007, 03:48 PM
According to Brian Waters
fans were heckling McIntosh
the coach was holding him back

Halfcan
12-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Its always the fans fault-Herm

blueballs
12-16-2007, 03:50 PM
McIntosh apologizes for poor play
those fans suck ass IMO

OnTheWarpath58
12-16-2007, 03:52 PM
According to Brian Waters
fans were heckling McIntosh
the coach was holding him back

Jeez, if true, those people are retarded. There are 3 other OL more heckle-worthy than Mac.

Wonder if Blowfish heard anything?

Sure-Oz
12-16-2007, 03:52 PM
i think the players need to ignore the fans and focus on the field and their play more. those fans may be heckling a bit, but we say the same shit on a MB

blueballs
12-16-2007, 03:53 PM
OL kicked ass
well
for them they kicked ass

blueballs
12-16-2007, 03:54 PM
The players are frustrated
the fans are frustrated
boiling point -human

FAX
12-16-2007, 05:18 PM
Wow. I completely missed this episode of Herm's World.

Details anyone?

FAX

Mr. Laz
12-16-2007, 05:22 PM
I saw flashes of imagination today - that makes me wonder where this offense was all year. 300 yards against Tennessee is a pretty good day, I agree.
so now you ready to admit that this Oline isn't as bad as the coaching has made it seem?

Sully
12-16-2007, 06:58 PM
I watched it happen. I don't know why I was focusing on it, but I watched it from the beginning.
I simply saw the coach walk up to MacIntosh sitting on the bench, say one thing, then Mac began to stand up and go toward him. Herb Taylor held him back for a minute, and Grigsby got over there, and the coach walked off after a minute.
Mac never looked toward the stands, or even reacted as if it was coming from the direction of the fans, so the fan heckling excuse doesn't wash with me. It looked very clearly like the coach said something that set him off. The two players stood between the two of them for at least a minute, as the coach walked off. Mac briefly tried to pull Taylor off of him, but then sat back down.

The coach came back over after a few minutes and spoke with Mac with his hand on his shoulder, ostensibly to smooth things out. But from my view, directly behind it, about 20 rows up (couldn't hear anything) this had nothing to do with fans.

GoHuge
12-16-2007, 07:02 PM
The O-line looked pretty good, but it helped having Dunn in and keeping two backs in the backfield on alot of the passing plays. At least the coaches did something to keep Brody from getting killed. It's some sign of progress.

OnTheWarpath58
12-16-2007, 07:05 PM
I watched it happen. I don't know why I was focusing on it, but I watched it from the beginning.
I simply saw the coach walk up to MacIntosh sitting on the bench, say one thing, then Mac began to stand up and go toward him. Herb Taylor held him back for a minute, and Grigsby got over there, and the coach walked off after a minute.
Mac never looked toward the stands, or even reacted as if it was coming from the direction of the fans, so the fan heckling excuse doesn't wash with me. It looked very clearly like the coach said something that set him off. The two players stood between the two of them for at least a minute, as the coach walked off. Mac briefly tried to pull Taylor off of him, but then sat back down.

The coach came back over after a few minutes and spoke with Mac with his hand on his shoulder, ostensibly to smooth things out. But from my view, directly behind it, about 20 rows up (couldn't hear anything) this had nothing to do with fans.

Thanks for the update.

Still odd, considering how well he seemed to play today.

Sully
12-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the update.

As it was happening I kept wondering that to myself. Why today of all days would the coach say something to set him off?
Is it some message he's been driving and picking with all year, and today was the straw that broke the camel's back? Did he feel like, with today's better play, a well-timed (or not) barb could make it even better in the future? (ie: "See, I knew you weren't the pussy you had played like before")? Or was Mac just amped up a little today, making his play better, but also making him more sensitive to a remark that may have done nothing to affect him at another time?

Who knows?

dj56dt58
12-16-2007, 07:33 PM
IMO Mac has played well all year..the games where he hasnt played well was bc of injury. If Svitek can play like this consistantly, with Mac at LT, we can possibly get Dorsey or Jenkins in the 1st round rather than a tackle, then go guard in the 2nd round or pick up Faneca Scott or Lilja

RustShack
12-16-2007, 07:44 PM
I think Svitek played much better at RT, I've been wanting him to play there for a long time now but I was told he was "stuipid' and that he was a complete bust.

CoMoChief
12-16-2007, 07:50 PM
I am not sold on Svitek by any means. Dunn was helping him out the majority of the game.

morphius
12-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the update.

He probably said, "About time!".

dirk digler
12-16-2007, 09:30 PM
On the local news tonight on both Fox and CBS they said it was a group of fans, 3 guys apparently that was yelling at McIntosh and he started yelling back to them.

Brian Waters said it was a group of Raider fans dressed up as Chiefs fans. LMAO

dirk digler
12-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Watching Channel 9 the fans brought alot of signs today and alot of paper bags over their heads.

One sign had a picture of Herm and it said the grinch stole our Offense. LMAO

Coach
12-16-2007, 09:35 PM
Watching Channel 9 the fans brought alot of signs today and alot of paper bags over their heads.

One sign had a picture of Herm and it said the grinch stole our Offense. LMAO

Heh. Another had "Hey Herm and Carl! I paid $84 for the tickets, and now I can't get rid of them!"

dirk digler
12-16-2007, 09:36 PM
Heh. Another had "Hey Herm and Carl! I paid $84 for the tickets, and now I can't get rid of them!"

Yeah I saw that as well.

They also showed that large banner about firing CP and take Herm with him.

The Chiefs are probably extremely happy not to have another home game this season.

Smed1065
12-16-2007, 09:41 PM
I Am ready to give 71 Svitek, Props but I did watch a stream. Correct me if I am wrong

BigRedChief
12-17-2007, 05:10 AM

You see the fans getting into it wth Waters and Mccintosh? Waters was interviewed about it and said they were Chief fans learning how to be Raider fans and had been heckling them all year.

Sully
12-17-2007, 05:12 AM
You see the fans getting into it wth Waters and Mccintosh? Waters was interviewed about it and said they were Chief fans learning how to be Raider fans and had been heckling them all year.
I didn't see that.

But when McIntosh went after the coach, I don't buy that he was really going after the fans...
...he never even looked in the direction of the stands. His attention was focused solely on that coach.