PDA

View Full Version : Will Jared Allen make a single play against Detroit?

CupidStunt
12-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Absolutely no doubt that DJ is the best player on this defense ... it's not even close.

Halfcan
12-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Allen was double teamed all day.

Mecca
12-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Great players beat double teams...

Thig Lyfe
12-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Shit, now we're bashing Jared Allen?

I know we suck, but let's spend our HateBucks on people who deserve it.

dirk digler
12-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Umm he had a few QB's pressures today. He is the least of our worries.

kstater
12-16-2007, 04:41 PM
:spock:

While some might be able to argue between the two, saying it's not close is just asinine.

JBucc
12-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Jared sucks! Trade him!

CupidStunt
12-16-2007, 05:09 PM
:spock:

While some might be able to argue between the two, saying it's not close is just asinine.

One player shows up in the second half, the other doesn't. People WANT Allen to be the Chiefs' best defensive player ... but that doesn't mean he is. He really isn't.

Now that I've made this thread, I know what'll happen: Allen will have a good game when we least need it against a team that has an OL almost as bad as ours. At least, he'll have a good first half and then disappear in the second.

kstater
12-16-2007, 05:13 PM
One player shows up in the second half, the other doesn't. People WANT Allen to be the Chiefs' best defensive player ... but that doesn't mean he is. He really isn't.

Now that I've made this thread, I know what'll happen: Allen will have a good game when we least need it against a team that has an OL almost as bad as ours. At least, he'll have a good first half and then disappear in the second.

One player gets double teamed nearly every play, the other doesn't. People WANT to believe that JA can beat two people every play, but he can't.

Now that I've made this post, I know what will happen: Allen will be double teamed against an OL that is not as bad as people think. At least he might be able to beat the double team once, and then seemingly disappear.

penguinz
12-16-2007, 05:32 PM
lj4mvp... Do you like to make yourself look dumb?

KcMizzou
12-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Wow. Some people are seriously hard to please.

King_Chief_Fan
12-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Absolutely no doubt that DJ is the best player on this defense ... it's not even close.
you appear to know less than Goatse........it isn't even close.

Coach
12-16-2007, 05:44 PM

And this surprises you, how? :)

Count Zarth
12-16-2007, 05:47 PM
I said it during the game thread. Michael Roos made Jared Allen his bitch today.

|Zach|
12-16-2007, 06:14 PM
DJ has been playing great. He is also good for at LEAST one huge embarrassing "whiff" every game.

keg in kc
12-16-2007, 06:16 PM
DJ has been playing great. He is also good for at LEAST one huge embarrassing "whiff" every game.True that.

And yeah, allen should make a single play. Probably in the first half.

Demonpenz
12-16-2007, 06:18 PM
it's better to whiff than never getting there at all

CupidStunt
12-16-2007, 06:19 PM
DJ has been playing great. He is also good for at LEAST one huge embarrassing "whiff" every game.

Indeed. Perhaps a bit of overaggressiveness, I guess.

I'm satisfied with Allen. He's just not all-world. He's probably not even all-AFC, and that's only disappointing to me because he led me to believe that he was.

But the constant disappearing act and embarrassing performance against the run leads me to believe that he's a good, not great, DE, getting most of his production from effort and stupid plays from the opposing offense (see Denver and Oakland twice leaving him unblocked for sacks, and Kelly Holcomb holding the ball for 7 seconds twice).

DJ is a guy that can legitimately be the best at his position. He just needs to keep improving, and I hope that the scheme doesn't continue to hold him back looking ahead to next year.

Count Zarth
12-16-2007, 06:20 PM
I'm satisfied with Allen. He's just not all-world. He's probably not even all-AFC, and that's only disappointing to me because he led me to believe that he was.

Yep. Michael Roos isn't even a Pro Bowler or anything. Disappointing. You just hope he hasn't packed it in.

prhom
12-16-2007, 06:22 PM

You've noticed that too, huh? It wouldn't be so bad if someone else on defense could at least come in and finish them off, but if seems like everytime he whiffs the play goes for 7 yds or more.

Guru
12-16-2007, 06:40 PM
JA has been better than DJ all season. You are throwing JA under the bus for one less than stellar game and DJ had a good day? WHAT?

CupidStunt
12-16-2007, 06:49 PM
JA has been better than DJ all season.

Entirely debateable. DJ has 86 tackles, 4 sacks, 2 INTs, 3 FFs, 12 stuffs ... very quietly, he's been great. I'd venture to say that DJ has more big plays and, even if not, has been way more consistent, especially in the second half.

You are throwing JA under the bus for one less than stellar game

No.

I've called out Allen a long time before this game, and I didn't "call him out" FOR (only) this game.

Thing with Allen is that he COMPLETELY disappears all too often. Today he entered the game with 11.5 sacks - very good, even in a year where sacks are up with multiple guys having great years. He came out of the game with 11.5 sacks, unlike Kampman (12 turns into 13), Trent Cole (11.5 turns into 12.5), Ware (10 turns into 11), etc.

I guess you could say he's a tyical Chief - Jekyll and Hyde.

jspchief
12-16-2007, 07:05 PM
I don't get the point of this thread.

Jared Allen is a very good defensive end and has had games that he has completely taken over. What exactly is the point of taking shots at our good players?

Coach
12-16-2007, 07:07 PM

Jared Allen is a very good defensive end and has had games that he has completely taken over. What exactly is the point of taking shots at our good players?

Long time jsp. As to your question, I have no earthly idea. Could it also be attributed that JA may be playing hurt? I know that there were some planteers in here that were saying that he was hurt and such.

beach tribe
12-16-2007, 07:10 PM
You're right it's not even close.

DJ isn't what he was expected to be.

JA commands double teams on every snap. JA >DJ

beach tribe
12-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Wht's up with the left arm?

Sully
I think DJ is better, but it is VERY close, and it's an argument that can't be won.

Mecca
This is why I've always said Allen reminds me of Aaron Schobel......Schobel for season in and season out has gotten 13, 14, 15 sacks.....he'd do it by having a 3 sack game here a 4 sack game there and completely disappearing for others....

His stats would look great but if you watched all the games you'd see he was totally forgotten in several games.

Cochise
12-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Allen was double teamed all day.

Allen's not a leader. No sacks in the 4th quarter means he's not a leader.

dirk digler
12-16-2007, 07:15 PM
What exactly is the point of taking shots at our good players?

You have been gone to long. This is what has been happening for the majority of the season.

Welcome back jsp I hope you start posting more often.

Bowser
12-16-2007, 07:21 PM

Welcome back, dude. We've all missed your takes.

To answer the question - I guess it's just hard to come to grips with the fact that one of our best defensive players is still merely average.

dj56dt58
12-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Wow..and we're talking about a guy that if he gets 3-4 sacks in the next two games(which is normally nothing for Allen), we are probably talking about the DPOTY..

GoHuge
12-16-2007, 07:29 PM
If Jared is getting double teamed and doesn't get to the QB every play theory has it other guys will just have to beat their man and make plays themselves. Unfortunately we don't have anybody that can beat their own guy and make the play so they just take Jared out of the game and run it down our throats. With our secondary play (the old toast and the new toast) other teams sure as hell don't have to worry about any coverage sacks. Teams just pick their sugar however they want it.

stonedstooge
12-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Maybe it could be that Jared has given up like 75% of the rest of the team has

Count Zarth
12-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Jared will probably dominate Detroit, because they can't pass block for shit. Then everyone will suck him off and drink the koolaid.

Mecca
12-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Wow..and we're talking about a guy that if he gets 3-4 sacks in the next two games(which is normally nothing for Allen), we are probably talking about the DPOTY..

Dude....he is not even going to remotely be the DPOTY....he doesn't even lead the AFC in sacks. Mario Williams has more than Allen does.

ChiefsCountry
12-16-2007, 07:33 PM
You dont have to make tackles and sacks to make plays especially at the DE position. Allen forced alot of stuff inside today, that is DE's #1 job anyways. Force to inside, keep outside contain. Tackles and sacks are gravy.

Count Zarth
12-16-2007, 07:36 PM
You dont have to make tackles and sacks to make plays especially at the DE position. Allen forced alot of stuff inside today, that is DE's #1 job anyways. Force to inside, keep outside contain. Tackles and sacks are gravy.

How about showing up on a key third down...just a thought.

Coach
12-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Dude....he is not even going to remotely be the DPOTY....he doesn't even lead the AFC in sacks. Mario Williams has more than Allen does.

Perhaps, but Allen has more tackles than Williams does. Factor in the solo tackles.

Allen has 50 solo tackles, 8 assists which would be 58.
Williams has 37 solo tackles, 16 assists which would be 53.

Mecca
12-16-2007, 07:37 PM
I don't think Allen is a bad player he does tend to disappear against inferior competition at times for what he's been built up as being.

ChiefsCountry
12-16-2007, 07:43 PM
How about showing up on a key third down...just a thought.

Dude you never played football so you wouldnt know. Defensive End's main job is containment, nothing to the outside. Basic football 101.

Count Zarth
12-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Dude you never played football so you wouldnt know. Defensive End's main job is containment, nothing to the outside. Basic football 101.

That's right...forget the pass rush on third down. Not important!

ChiefsCountry
12-16-2007, 07:54 PM
That's right...forget the pass rush on third down. Not important!

With Yince Young, freaking no way do I try to full pass rush him. You do that and he takes off and he shows you where he is the most dangerous in the open field.

Count Zarth
12-16-2007, 08:00 PM
With Yince Young, freaking no way do I try to full pass rush him. You do that and he takes off and he shows you where he is the most dangerous in the open field.

LOL....what a load of crap. I'm sure that's why Allen was invisible.

Mecca
12-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Ok honest question.....where was he at against Denver?

ChiefsCountry
12-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Ok honest question.....where was he at against Denver?

Which Chief other than Gonzalez showed up against Denver.

ChiefsCountry
12-16-2007, 08:07 PM
LOL....what a load of crap. I'm sure that's why Allen was invisible.

Him and Hali didnt rush as much today, they played containment football today which is what you have to do with a Yince Young type.

Count Zarth
Which Chief other than Gonzalez showed up against Denver.

Why are you moving the goalposts? Why does it matter? Jared Allen hasn't shown up two weeks in a row. Screw the rest of the team.

Count Zarth
Him and Hali didnt rush as much today, they played containment football today which is what you have to do with a Yince Young type.

That's a load of crap. Allen got flat out dominated by Michael Roos.

ChiefsCountry
12-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Think whatever you want. You claim to know so much about football but you dont. Allen and Hali stayed at home and played contain, they also stunted quite a bit on the inside.

beach tribe
12-16-2007, 08:11 PM
don't confuse people.

It's all about sacks, and stats. Not this "containment" thing you speak of.

Not to mention how constant double teams leave the other 10 guys with nine guys to worry about.

Stat sheets baby.

Deberg_1990
12-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Jared Allen hasn't shown up two weeks in a row.

You realize even the great Derrick Thomas would disappear weeks at a time? At least if all your talking about is sacks?

Mr. Laz
12-16-2007, 08:12 PM
Will Jared Allen make a single play against Detroit?
i hope not /Carl "one tough SOB negotiator"

LiL stumppy
12-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Great players beat double teams...

Wow, just shut up now. I can't believe people are actually now bashing JA.

Count Zarth
12-16-2007, 08:18 PM
You realize even the great Derrick Thomas would disappear weeks at a time? At least if all your talking about is sacks?

Derrick Thomas made game-changing plays late in games throughout his career.

When was the last time Allen did that?

Deberg_1990
12-16-2007, 08:21 PM

Since about never.

But i never said he was a "special player" like DT. I just meant that even "special players" have down periods.

Mecca
12-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Since about never.

But i never said he was a "special player" like DT. I just meant that even "special players" have down periods.

I basically agree with what you are saying......

Problem is people expect more when some tout him as the best DE in the game or "DPOTY" I think some have grown to unrealistic expectations at this point in time....

beach tribe
12-16-2007, 08:24 PM

Allen is no DT, but he is the very least of our worries.

beach tribe
12-16-2007, 08:25 PM
I basically agree with what you are saying......

Problem is people expect more when some tout him as the best DE in the game or "DPOTY" I think some have grown to unrealistic expectations at this point in time....
QFT

dirk digler
12-16-2007, 08:25 PM

In all fairness all year the entire D has disappeared in the 2nd half

It has to be coaching or not adjusting because this keeps happening.

Smed1065
12-16-2007, 08:27 PM

IIRC, Johnson had a whiff or more and a couple of no tackles. Looking @ your user name I guess this is expected though.

unothadeal
12-16-2007, 08:37 PM
lol at this thread

Smed1065
12-16-2007, 08:38 PM

Or you will be proven wrong again?

Its called adjustment during a game. I know this is a new concept to Chiefs fans this year. After a sack or 2, you double team that person? -----------------WOW!

Is this a Goatse account?

I blame you for LJ's season considering the user name and thoughts.

Signed Kolby Smith

ROFL

go bowe
12-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Jared will probably dominate Detroit, because they can't pass block for shit. Then everyone will suck him off and drink the koolaid.yo...

stop that shit right now...

jared allen does NOT ejaculate koolaid...

i know this because...

because...

well, never mind... :) :) :)

the Talking Can
12-16-2007, 08:56 PM
the Chiefs D has collapsed the second half of the season, almost completely...whether they are worn out, or just quit, or both, is up for discussion...

our defense never gets to play with a lead...9 of Williams sacks came when the Texans were in the lead (he also has 6 games with 0 sacks)...that tells you something about how the Team can effect individual players....Williams gets to rush when he knows the other team has to pass...Allen almost never does

Williams also plays with a DT who has 5.5 sacks...you simply can't double team Williams as easily as you can Allen...and teams have frequently spent the second halves doubling on Allen...I think Allen's second half decline is tied to the collapse of our DL....our DT's have turned to complete shit...our whole D is shit

Allen has played 2 less games than Williams, yet has only 1.5 less sacks, more tackles, and more (10 to 1) batted down passes...on an averaged, per game ratio, Allen meets or exceeds Williams in every single category...playing on a much worse team..and yet people are always just waiting to rag on Allen for some reason, I'll never understand it....

he is a very productive DE...put some talent around him, and god forbid an offense that can get a lead, and he'll be even better....as is only logical....

but hey, he isn't DT..and Croyle isn't Marino...so let's all pull out our carving knives...

Allen and DJ are the only people on this D making any plays at all

Count Zarth
12-16-2007, 08:57 PM
our defense never gets to play with a lead...

And yet today they did...and still blew it.

the Talking Can
12-16-2007, 08:59 PM

Allen is responsible for Page getting torched?

ok

and that doesn't change the facts

Smed1065
12-16-2007, 09:02 PM

Wow, they blow 1 game and they suck unlike Huard?

ROFL

dirk digler
12-16-2007, 09:04 PM
the Chiefs D has collapsed the second half of the season, almost completely...whether they are worn out, or just quit, or both, is up for discussion...

our defense never gets to play with a lead...9 of Williams sacks came when the Texans were in the lead (he also has 6 games with 0 sacks)...that tells you something about how the Team can effect individual players....Williams gets to rush when he knows the other team has to pass...Allen almost never does

Williams also plays with a DT who has 5.5 sacks...you simply can't double team Williams as easily as you can Allen...and teams have frequently spent the second halves doubling on Allen...I think Allen's second half decline is tied to the collapse of our DL....our DT's have turned to complete shit...our whole D is shit

Allen has played 2 less games than Williams, yet has only 1.5 less sacks, more tackles, and more (10 to 1) batted down passes...on an averaged, per game ratio, Allen meets or exceeds Williams in every single category...playing on a much worse team..and yet people are always just waiting to rag on Allen for some reason, I'll never understand it....

he is a very productive DE...put some talent around him, and god forbid an offense that can get a lead, and he'll be even better....as is only logical....

but hey, he isn't DT..and Croyle isn't Marino...so let's all pull out our carving knives...

Allen and DJ are the only people on this D making any plays at all

great post TC!

Smed1065
12-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Allen is responsible for Page getting torched?

Ok

and that doesn't change the facts

Facts or football related, why does that change the post? (er)

ROFL

dirk digler
12-16-2007, 09:05 PM
Wow, they blow 1 game and they suck unlike Huard?

ROFL

The D has sucked for the last several games but it isn't all JA's fault. There is 10 other guys out there as well

Smed1065
12-16-2007, 09:07 PM
The D has sucked for the last several games but it isn't all JA's fault. There is 10 other guys out there as well

But it is all his fault accordingly. I Huard it here.

SBK
12-16-2007, 09:24 PM
This thread is a good example of why DT is such a huge need for this team. If we had a stud in the middle Allen and Hali would look SOOOOO much better.

Phobia
12-16-2007, 09:28 PM
I don't think Allen is a bad player he does tend to disappear against inferior competition at times for what he's been built up as being.

Uh - the Chiefs haven't faced inferior competition all year.

Ceej
12-16-2007, 09:42 PM
JA = The best DE in the game - no, DPOTY - no.

One of 5 best DE's in the league now - yes.

L.A. Chieffan
12-16-2007, 09:42 PM
Dumbest thread I've ever read in the past 3 minutes

Count Zarth
12-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Uh - the Chiefs haven't faced inferior competition all year.

He's talking about OTs

Smed1065
12-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Dumbest thread I've ever read in the past 3 minutes

Wait 10 minutes. He will state LJ for 150 yards and 3 TD's if he was not "hurt" non vaginal wise.

LOL

L.A. Chieffan
12-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Vince Young is one of the more difficult QB's to sack. This thread is bullshite

Count Zarth
12-16-2007, 09:55 PM
Vince Young is one of the more difficult QB's to sack. This thread is bullshite

He's especially difficult to sack when your best defensive end is playing pattycake with Michael Roos all day.

Smed1065
12-16-2007, 10:00 PM
He's especially difficult to sack when your best defensive end is playing pattycake with Michael Roos all day.

Go Huard!

Best chance to win.

Fukk next year.

unothadeal
12-16-2007, 10:00 PM
And being held

Smed1065
12-16-2007, 10:06 PM

And LJ is the best RB EVER!

Showed your intelligence with USER name IMO. I have game film and know DJ whiffed sure tackles twice if not more for A FIRST ROUNDER.
Value means nothing for you!

JA means double teams for the other team after half time.

R U that stupid?

never mind according to the user name, YES.

Go LJ AND ??? THE CANT play list promoting mySELF.

unothadeal
12-16-2007, 10:07 PM
This is like a "your player sucks more than my player" kinda thread, isn't it?

Smed1065
12-16-2007, 10:07 PM

Poll time?

No, not you on a pole. We have a lot to deal with beside your fantasy. ....

BigMeatballDave
12-17-2007, 01:25 AM
I really do not see the point of bashing a good player. So he is 5th in the league in sacks. 11 1/2 sacks in not bad when you miss the first 2 games of the season.

DaneMcCloud
12-17-2007, 01:50 AM
I really do not see the point of bashing a good player. So he is 5th in the league in sacks. 11 1/2 sacks in not bad when you miss the first 2 games of the season.

Allen's in his fourth year and doing well. He wasn't "amazing" his first two seasons but showed promise. He most certainly would have been a first day pick if it hadn't been for his high school and college drinking (much like Ryan Lilja).

So please explain to me why so many people are on Hali's ass? He is playing hurt, shows emotion and drive and his numbers are very similar to last year's numbers in spite of his pain.

WTF???????

philfree
12-17-2007, 02:01 AM
Allen's in his fourth year and doing well. He wasn't "amazing" his first two seasons but showed promise. He most certainly would have been a first day pick if it hadn't been for his high school and college drinking (much like Ryan Lilja).

So please explain to me why so many people are on Hali's ass? He is playing hurt, shows emotion and drive and his numbers are very similar to last year's numbers in spite of his pain.

WTF???????

Hali had a decent game and Allen did have 6 stops. Most folks can't see the forest for the trees. They are ID 10 Ts!

PhilFree:arrow:

DaneMcCloud
12-17-2007, 02:19 AM
Hali had a decent game and Allen did have 6 stops. Most folks can't see the forest for the trees. They are ID 10 Ts!

PhilFree:arrow:

Forest? Trees? Are those at Arrowhead?

If not, F*ck Carl Peterson and his lackeys!

They better PUT some damn trees at Arrowhead!

Anything for a win!

CupidStunt
12-17-2007, 07:41 AM
This Smed kid makes Hootie look smart.

I really do not see the point of bashing a good player.

No one is immune to criticism. In the weekly gamethread, do you see people stop posting for two minutes when Gonzalez drops a sure-first down catch?

The season being over and the other team having a lead and KC's DTs are nice excuses, but I personally want to see more from Allen. If you're happy with his last two games, more power to you. I wanted to see him end the year as the NFL's sack leader ... he'll be lucky to finish in the top-five.

Lets put it this way: Unless the Chiefs franchise Allen or somehow sign him to a reasonable long-term contract, they'll be making as big a mistake as they did with L.J.

The Bad Guy
12-17-2007, 08:07 AM

No one is immune to criticism. In the weekly gamethread, do you see people stop posting for two minutes when Gonzalez drops a sure-first down catch?

The season being over and the other team having a lead and KC's DTs are nice excuses, but I personally want to see more from Allen. If you're happy with his last two games, more power to you. I wanted to see him end the year as the NFL's sack leader ... he'll be lucky to finish in the top-five.

Lets put it this way: Unless the Chiefs franchise Allen or somehow sign him to a reasonable long-term contract, they'll be making as big a mistake as they did with L.J.

****ing nonsense.

There is a big difference in signing a defensive end long term, and a RB that was beaten into the ground, long term.

This team isn't going to get better by letting one of the few defensive playmakers they have go when he's young enough to play at a high level for a while.

Finishing in the top 5 in sacks, while missing 2 games, is a great accomplishment. It's sad that you can't figure that out.

I'm glad you pick a sample size like 2 games when our season is basically over.

We have so many holes on this team, it's nice to know fans want to run out the players that actually have talent.

Rausch
12-17-2007, 08:12 AM
Let's bash Allen when Hali has done what?...

Thig Lyfe
12-23-2007, 01:31 PM
Jared Allen totally sucks.

Lzen
12-23-2007, 01:34 PM
Yeah, that guy who started this thread is a real brainiac. :rolleyes:

RP_McMurphy
12-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Jacksonville will gladly take Allen off your hands.

unothadeal
12-23-2007, 01:39 PM
He's made 3.

Halfcan
12-23-2007, 01:44 PM
This is the dumbest thread is some time.

Smed1065
12-23-2007, 01:45 PM

U make Herm look smart.

ROFL

CupidStunt
04-24-2008, 05:24 PM
Jared sucks! Trade him!

You got it!

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2008, 06:08 PM
You got it!

Bumping this thread is the equivalent of bragging to a girl at a bar about the time you got your ass stomped out and were forced to drink your own urine.

beach tribe
04-24-2008, 07:23 PM
Jared sucks! Trade him!

Heh.