PDA

View Full Version : Gunther needs to be thrown from the train

Count Zarth
12-16-2007, 05:44 PM
I wrote the article last week criticizing Gunther's inability to restore the defense given four years here since he returned. Today was more of the same crap. We made Vince ****ing Young look like a Pro Bowler, and once again we got run the hell over.

I knew before the game started we would struggle again. Every time Gunther goes up against a world class OC like Tennessee's Norm Chow or Mike Shanahan, he gets fitted for a clown suit.

I love Gunther, but his day has passed. He's getting old. We need a young, bright defensive mind to replace him. I just hope it isn't David Gibbs.

blueballs
12-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Gun will strangle Carl after Bell is sent packing
3 birds 1 stone

BigMeatballDave
12-16-2007, 05:53 PM
I have always been a Gunther fan, but he is done.

the Talking Can
12-16-2007, 05:56 PM
duh, he should have never been hired

HemiEd
12-16-2007, 05:59 PM
bingo.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Anyone remember when GOATSE said earlier this year that no black quarterback would ever win at Arrowhead (obviously forgetting Warren Moon and McNabb)??

Black QBs had as many wins at Arrowhead this year as the Chiefs did.

Count Zarth
12-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Anyone remember when GOATSE said earlier this year that no black quarterback would ever win at Arrowhead (obviously forgetting Warren Moon and McNabb)??

It was a joke.

Scorp
12-16-2007, 06:04 PM
I knew before the game started we would struggle again.

You didn't know shit! This coming from the tool that swore Huard was our savior? You need to quit writing shit on here, everyone knows you are a joke. Get over it!

Count Zarth
12-16-2007, 06:06 PM
You didn't know shit!

In my Saturday column I predicted we would lose 24-7. I saw it coming. Gunther is a clown.

Scorp
12-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Gunther is a clown.

Pot, meet kettle!

Count Zarth
12-16-2007, 06:09 PM
Pot, meet kettle!

Guilty as charged, but I'm not being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to be a competent NFL defensive coordinator. Gunther is.

Deberg_1990
12-16-2007, 06:13 PM
He should have been gone after his D took a dive in December of 2005.

Herm is a dumb*** for retaining Gun and promoting Solari.

Or were those moves forced on him by Carl?? Hmmmm

blueballs
12-16-2007, 06:15 PM
I'd bet Tommykat's glass pipe
that Gun was unconditional

TEX
12-16-2007, 06:17 PM

Yep. But I think he was joking.

Deberg_1990
12-16-2007, 06:18 PM
I'd bet Tommykat's glass pipe
that Gun was unconditional

Yep. Heck, id bet both him and Solari both were.

WilliamTheIrish
12-16-2007, 06:19 PM
Never should have been hired. But this is more of the stupid thinking that has infected the franchise through the CP serum.
I'm not sure there is a antidote.

dirk digler
12-16-2007, 06:24 PM
I agree Clayton but the problem is who would replace him?

If you look at Herm's choices in NY I don't think any of his coaches that he had there have gone else where and been successful. So my concern is that who ever Herm choices is going to suck

David Gibbs is a horrible DB coach just ask any Broncos fans as they hate that guy.

Mr. Laz
12-16-2007, 07:52 PM
some of us have been screaming it for a long,long time.

Goonther gets by as long as he has a head coach to hold his hand.

thinking has never been one of his strong suits.

dj56dt58
12-16-2007, 08:15 PM
some of us have been screaming it for a long,long time.

Goonther gets by as long as he has a head coach to hold his hand.

thinking has never been one of his strong suits.

Gunther would be better without herm "holding his hand"..Gunther loves to pressure the qb..yet since Herm has come aboard Gunther hasn't blitzed that much..instead we rely on cover 2..when we do send pressure it works. Earlier in the season we would play zone in the 1st half and blitz a lot in the 2nd half, thus we had one of the best defenses in the league and didnt allow shit in the second half. For whatever reason we've stopped that stradegy and play soft in the second half..You think that's Guns doing?

Count Zarth
12-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Gunther would be better without herm "holding his hand"

Where is the evidence for this statement?

Gunther had two years running the show by his lonesome and never had a defense ranked above 25th.

Herm arrives and suddenly the defense improves to at least average.

Gunther most definitely needs a Marty or Herm to guide him.

Deberg_1990
12-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Gunther most definitely needs a Marty or Herm to guide him.

Gun needs to go back to his "true calling"

Linebackers coach.

DaWolf
12-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Gun should have never been rehired in the first place. Another one of Carl's dumbass moves...

BigRock
12-16-2007, 09:15 PM
The weird thing is that Gun was calling some really good stuff early in the season. There was one package where Allen was moving inside and the 4 pass rushers were Tamba, Boone, Jared, and DJ coming off the edge, and that worked just about every time they ran it. By "worked" I mean resulted in a sack or a loss.

Maybe someone who watches more tape can correct me, but it seems like Gun hasn't called anything creative like that in months. Why the hell not?

whoman69
12-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Its difficult going into a game knowing that your offense will keep you on the field a majority of the time and that with that in mind if you give up 20 or more the game is over. The defense has made great strides from where we were under Vermeil, but the offense has regressed even farther than the defense has improved.

Its clear that some of the vets on this squad should no longer be on the field. Only two things motivate vets and that is money and championships. Now that they've been paid and its obvious the championships are not there, what's left?

We also had too many mistakes on the offensive side of the ball whether it be blown blocking assignments, stupid penalties or dropped balls. We finally got a run game going this game but it seemed it was only to supplement the passing game. We need to balance out our game on offense and be able to shut down on defense when needed, especially in the 4th quarter. This is a lousy 4th quarter team on both sides of the ball.

Its clear we need to clean out the coaching staff and front office and start over with a better philosophy. Whoever comes in here had better be a better judge of talent than we've been shown in the last decade or so.