PDA

View Full Version : What is the best for the future of the Chiefs?

a1na2
12-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Poll coming.

GoTrav
12-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Cowher as GM, let Herm stick around for 1-2 more years.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-16-2007, 08:58 PM
Fire every single motherf*cker on the coaching staff, the player personnell dept, and most of all the cocksucker pulling the strings.

JBucc
12-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Fire everyone. Let Goodell take over the team and put in an owner that wants to win.

a1na2
12-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Fire every single motherf*cker on the coaching staff, the player personnell dept, and most of all the cocksucker pulling the strings.

That would be Hermit. If you think someone else is running the team on the field you are delusional.

UteChief
12-16-2007, 09:16 PM
I say let's take Carl to the glue factory and keep Herm. But let Solari, Dick Whoever (QB coach my ass) and sorry Gunther but you're not cutting it. Also, get rid of the scouts, well maybe.

a1na2
12-16-2007, 09:25 PM
I say let's take Carl to the glue factory and keep Herm. But let Solari, Dick Whoever (QB coach my ass) and sorry Gunther but you're not cutting it. Also, get rid of the scouts, well maybe.

I don't think we can honestly say that Solari sucks. I think he has been handcuffed by the HC.

I think our only hope is to clean house and start over. I personally don't put as much blame on CP as most, but start there and clean to the bottom of the coaching list. Keep not a single one of them. Scouts as well.

We need someone in charge that recognizes that the team has to be strong on defense and as strong on offense.

smittysbar
12-16-2007, 09:25 PM
Clean House! Herm just keep walking........you have had your last HC job in the NFL

blueballs
12-16-2007, 09:27 PM
when you **** yourself
are you a screamer

KCChiefsFan88
12-17-2007, 07:59 AM
Why would anyone want to keep Herm? Seriously at least you could defend Dictator Carl by saying the other 3 head coaches he has employed during his reign as GM never brought the Chiefs to this level of suckage.

ANY legit rebuilding plan has to include Herm being fired

Extra Point
12-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Cowher as GM, let Herm stick around for 1-2 more years.

Agreed.

talastan
12-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Keep Herm, and drop Carl. Send Curly Dick to the pastures, send Solari back to the line and bring in a good OC that Herm can't influence.

smittysbar
12-17-2007, 09:05 AM
I don't understand how everyone is saying, ditch Solari and keep Herm. Don't kid yourselves this is Herms Offense not Solari's.

HemiEd
12-17-2007, 09:12 AM
Why would anyone want to keep Herm? Seriously at least you could defend Dictator Carl by saying the other 3 head coaches he has employed during his reign as GM never brought the Chiefs to this level of suckage.

ANY legit rebuilding plan has to include Herm being fired

yep, at least the other coaches knew how to win a ****ing game. I would totally clean house, but Herm has got to be first to go. Dick ****ing Curl should be second.

cmh6476
12-17-2007, 09:17 AM
give it another year. Give carl less control of the football operations and give some of our guys under him more control. Carl can be in charge of the business side of things, he seems to be good at that.

Let Solari go, and bring in a qualified OC. And I don't mean hackett either. I'm ok witht he rest of the coaching staff.

And then get better players, especially at OL and DB and then depth everywhere else.

Rausch
12-17-2007, 09:18 AM
Tell Carl and Herm that they win a playoff game next year and provide a reasonable expectation of a super bowl or go look for work elsewhere.

3 Years is enough to rebuild and compete in today's NFL. Get it done or GTFO...

KCChiefsFan88
12-17-2007, 09:23 AM
I don't understand how everyone is saying, ditch Solari and keep Herm. Don't kid yourselves this is Herms Offense not Solari's.

Excellent point...

This is the Herm Edwards offense and Slowlari is a mere puppet who is essentially employed to serve as a scapegoat for fans and media.

If people think simply getting rid of Slowarli is going to drastically change the Chiefs' offense... they are fooling themselves.

When the Jets finally got rid of Paul Hackett and hired Mike Heimerdinger they still remained an ultra-conservative, unproductive offense... why? Because that is the type of offense Herm wants to run and will dictate to any offensive coordinator he hires to run.

The problem on offense isn't Mike Slowarli... the problem is Herm Edwards.

smittysbar
12-17-2007, 09:38 AM
Another year.....NO THANKS!!!

Mr. Laz
12-17-2007, 09:41 AM
fire carl ......... let the new GM do what he wants with the rest.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-17-2007, 09:55 AM
Stick with a plan for more than 2 years or you become the Dolphins

Sure-Oz
12-17-2007, 09:59 AM
Fire Carl, release some assistants keep herm for another year and see what he can do with some more talent.

Coogs
12-17-2007, 10:00 AM
Personally, I thought the game plan yesterday on offense looked like one where a bunch of coaches were fearing for their jobs. Where has that been all season? We adjusted the passing game to account for their pass rush. And it worked. We used the pass and the run well together, and it was working. We were able to overcome penalties. We were able to convert on 4th down. It was actually fun to watch.

Then, with a 17-13 lead, the defense faltered big time. A few seconds later it was 20-17. And how many of you here didn't know that was going to happen?

On the kickoff, we get the penalty and back us up to the 10 or so. And when they showed Croyle comming onto the field... when he realized there was a penalty... you could tell by his reaction he was disgusted. Next play was an INT. To me, should have been a coach there when he was going on the field to get him composed a bit right there. He had been playing lights out up until that point. No need to force the issue. Just keep doing what you are doing.

This one was on the ST's... one guy in particular... and the defense.

And as far as the question goes, there is not an option I like, so I get to go on the last one. Herm stays. Saxon stays (all the RB's block but LJ). Pretty much all the rest go.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-17-2007, 10:03 AM
This team would suck right now no matter who the coach was. I have a extemely hard time believing anyone could replace all the talent that needs/needed replaced

HemiEd
12-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Stick with a plan for more than 2 years or you become the Dolphins

Well the "Plan" is completed early. The Chiefs have been turned into a complete laughing stock in only two short years, it didn't take three.

Sure-Oz
12-17-2007, 10:13 AM
we are a good 2 years atleast from being a contender, more likely 3.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-17-2007, 10:16 AM
Well the "Plan" is completed early. The Chiefs have been turned into a complete laughing stock in only two short years, it didn't take three.

Players worth a damn
Allen
Johnson & Johnson
Waters
Gonzo
Colquitt
Surtain & Kennison 2 years ago

King_Chief_Fan
12-17-2007, 10:22 AM
This team would suck right now no matter who the coach was. I have a extemely hard time believing anyone could replace all the talent that needs/needed replaced

I would agree. But, do you want Herm to build that? We have no evidence that he is capable. The Jets are what they are thanks to Herm. I expect greater for the Chiefs.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-17-2007, 10:30 AM
I would agree. But, do you want Herm to build that? We have no evidence that he is capable. The Jets are what they are thanks to Herm. I expect greater for the Chiefs.

We are already two seasons in. I'd give him atleast one more. Besides I don't see anyone to replace him that gives many any confidence

Fish
12-17-2007, 10:33 AM
Chiefs fans have been spoiled in the fact that they haven't had to deal with anything less than mediocrity for close to 20 years. And it seems that some fans have learned to grab hold of that mediocrity and polish some portion of it to the point that it's something they tell themselves they can be proud of. There's always been something... some part of the game that you could hang your hat on and be proud of, if only a little.

The franchise has now hit a brick wall. And the most frustrating part of it is the fact that you can't pin down the blame to any one area. Replacing one part of the equation isn't going to fix it.

We are in transition. And it may take another 2 seasons to get it worked out. I think some people are still holding hope that we can make some changes in the offseason and be a playoff team next year. We've held that hope for many a season, and that's the way the Chiefs have continued to fill the stadium.

I think we're finally seeing the realization that we aren't 1 or 2 players/coaches away from the perfect Chiefs team. And that hurts. IMO, that's where we're at now. It's unfamiliar territory, and it sucks. We've lost the "always next year" hope.

Anyway, my $0.02....