PDA

View Full Version : Just got my power back on. Thank You

theultimatekcchiefsfan
12-16-2007, 11:48 PM
Been out since Tuesday afternoon after the ice storm. Had 7 inches of snow fall on us too. It was so unbelievable. I cant even explain it unless you have been there. You walk for blocks and there is jost total darkness and the sounds of a few personal generators. The streets have no cars. And it is like this everyday. There is no communication to let you know what is going on. I am telling you it is creepy and desperate. You see things in a whole new way when they come back on.

6 days is a long time with out electricity. Some friends of mine I do not believe have it yet. 250 generators were sold at our Lowes store in one day. I used a generator for the last couple of days. Before that it was just dark and cold.

I already got my Christmas present.

Thanks to West Star employees and all the other states that sent in help. Sorry if this is a thread some where or something. I have alot of catching up to do.

Fairplay
12-17-2007, 12:48 AM
I cant even explain it unless you have been there. You walk for blocks and there is jost total darkness and the sounds of a few personal generators. The streets have no cars. And it is like this everyday. There is no communication to let you know what is going on. I am telling you it is creepy and desperate. You see things in a whole new way when they come back on.

Just like in the Omega man or I am Legend movies.

You should have been walking the street with a gun to pop any zombies trying to kill you. lol

DMAC
12-17-2007, 09:22 AM
I was out for 14 days in January...with a 2 month old. Consider yourself lucky.