PDA

View Full Version : I wasn't all that impressed with the Sprint Center

cmh6476
12-17-2007, 08:42 AM
went and watched the Jayhawks pummel Ohio over the weekend, and I just thought I'd be blown away when I walked in.

It was ok, but that was just about it. I see the advantages over Kemper with the Suites and stuff, but where I was sitting you just felt like you were on top of one another with nowhere at all to move in your seat. Hell, I think I'm more comfortable at Allen Field House than I was there this weekend.

So yeah, you still suck Kay Barnes.

StillHonest
12-17-2007, 08:54 AM
No place can compare to AFH.

cmh6476
12-17-2007, 09:05 AM
No place can compare to AFH.

Well, I wasn't really comparing it to AFH when I went in, I was more thinking along the lines of kemper and Municipal. And while I understand the state-of-the-art crap to bring in the big acts, I think they should have taken into consideration more of the fans comfort level.

It just wasn't comfortable, you felt like you were sitting on top of each other. I come to expect that at Allen Field House, but I figured this nice shiny taxpayer financed auditorium they would have taken into consideration the fans comfort level.

:shrug:

Saulbadguy
12-17-2007, 09:07 AM
It just wasn't comfortable, you felt like you were sitting on top of each other.
I did not experience that when I went to the Sprint Center a month ago.

Where did you sit, upper level?

cmh6476
12-17-2007, 09:08 AM
I did not experience that when I went to the Sprint Center a month ago.

Where did you sit, upper level?

yeah, upper level behind the bucket

Saulbadguy
12-17-2007, 09:08 AM
yeah, upper level behind the bucket
Get better seats next time.

Frazod
12-17-2007, 09:09 AM
I haven't been inside, but I drove past it when I was in KC last month. It certainly doesn't look very big (considering what it is) from the outside.

cmh6476
12-17-2007, 09:09 AM
Get better seats next time.

well, I am going to see the Sesame Street show next month and got floor tickets

:hmmm:

StillHonest
12-17-2007, 09:11 AM
as I recall seating capacity is less than Kemper

BigRedChief
12-17-2007, 09:14 AM
It just wasn't comfortable, you felt like you were sitting on top of each other. I come to expect that at Allen Field House, but I figured this nice shiny taxpayer financed auditorium they would have taken into consideration the fans comfort level.

I complained about the small seats and was told to lose some of my fat ass and quit complaining.

Ari ümlaüt
12-17-2007, 09:19 AM
The Midwest is FULL of fat-asses. So the seats should accommodate our girth.

cmh6476
12-17-2007, 09:19 AM
I complained about the small seats and was told to lose some of my fat ass and quit complaining.

it sucked. It wasn't just the width of the seats, but the fact that the seat in front of you was right on top of your knees and the cupholder was kind of in the way.

Of course I like beer, so don't lose the cupholders

Ultra Peanut
12-17-2007, 09:49 AM
The Whatevers (http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=Kansas_City_Whatevers) think you can go straight to hell for badmouthing their home.

the seat in front of you was right on top of your knees This brings back painful memories of the upper level of the Pyramid.

Cochise
12-17-2007, 09:57 AM
Well, if they made the seats wider or with more legroom then people in the upper reaches get even further and further away from the floor, or there are just many fewer seats.

I used to sit next to this guy at Arrowhead, the guy was enormous. I spent that whole season basically sitting on the edge or on the right half of my seat because he was just spilling over into mine. Uncomfortable as hell. He ought to have been paying for part of my freaking tickets.

That's just how it is. when you go to a sporting event, you are going to be given about 2 square feet of space and it's not going to be comfortable.

ChiTown
12-17-2007, 10:04 AM
as I recall seating capacity is less than Kemper

yep - Kemper held 19,500

Frazod
12-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Well, if they made the seats wider or with more legroom then people in the upper reaches get even further and further away from the floor, or there are just many fewer seats.

I used to sit next to this guy at Arrowhead, the guy was enormous. I spent that whole season basically sitting on the edge or on the right half of my seat because he was just spilling over into mine. Uncomfortable as hell. He ought to have been paying for part of my freaking tickets.

That's just how it is. when you go to a sporting event, you are going to be given about 2 square feet of space and it's not going to be comfortable.

Shit, try sitting on a bench at Lambeau. 2 square feet would be a luxury. :shake: