PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who LOVE Chipotle...

Ari ümlaüt
12-17-2007, 11:06 AM
http://chipotlelovers.com/calculator.asp

Man, the burrito that I get:

Rice
Black Beans
Chicken
Fajita Veggies
Mild Salsa
Corn Salsa
Guacamole
Cheese
Lettuce
w/ vingerette dressing...

over 1700 calories! Good LAWDS!

Phobia
12-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Wow. I need to start splitting mine into 2.

You're showing on Yahoo today. Are you seeing my messagese?

DaKCMan AP
12-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Mine is around 1200 calories. Generally when we go to Chipotle for lunch I do not eat dinner.

beavis
12-17-2007, 11:26 AM
Man I miss American food...

Braincase
12-17-2007, 11:35 AM
Yesterday, my buddy Ken and I tailgated next to a serious outdoorsman. First thing on the grill was bacon-wrapped halibut, a very tasty appetizer. Next, he was throwing on two different types of venison, one having marinated in a chipotle sauce and it was the best venison I have ever had. Lastly, was doing duck kabobs.

We had steaks that Ken had prepped, and he had also picked up some nice deli meats for snacks. I had to give him a hard time though, and harped on him because the guy next to us was handing out grade A stuff with the sportsman's never-ending saliva trail of exquisiteness, and he's passing out lunchmeat.

His steaks were fantastic though. But, damn, that deer meat was incredible.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-17-2007, 11:35 AM
dam you, you ruined it for me. O hell o cares

ChiefsCountry
12-17-2007, 11:37 AM
Mine is either 909 or 920. I get chicken or steak burrito with cheese, no beans or salsa.

Cochise
12-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Maybe the most overrated place to eat. Except Quiznos.

jAZ
12-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Looks like I'll be back to getting the bowl w/out sour cream after the 1st of the year.

Chipotle is one of the main ways I can stay on the Southbeach Diet.

DaKCMan AP
12-17-2007, 11:46 AM

But after all-you-can-drink happy hour from 6-8pm on Fridays Chipotle is soooooooooo good before the 10pm-12am all-you-can-drink session.

Jilly
12-17-2007, 11:47 AM
mine is only 790 calories...that doesn't seem too horrible ... lots of fat though...but more of the good kind than the bad kind

Sure-Oz
12-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Chipotle and Quiznos are death

chagrin
12-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Rice
Black Beans
Chicken
Fajita Veggies
Mild Salsa
Corn Salsa
Guacamole
Cheese
Lettuce
w/ vingerette dressing...

Colon Blow Casserole

BIG_DADDY
12-17-2007, 12:00 PM
I did my own smoked steak with Manchego cheese taco's last night. I rule!!!!

gblowfish
12-17-2007, 12:18 PM
I like chicken, easy on the rice, black beans, corn and pico, sourcream and shredded cheese. I don't care how many calories. I need a nap now.

ChiefsCountry
12-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Dang it, I'm going to Chipotle now.

Phobia
12-17-2007, 12:23 PM
Overrated? No. Overpriced? Yes. They have good food there but they've gotten too proud of it in recent years.

Fishpicker
12-17-2007, 12:26 PM
I dont think its over priced. its only $6 for a burrito.

order any value meal from any other FF resturant and you will spend about the same amount

Sure-Oz
12-17-2007, 12:44 PM
Their food makes me want to hurl, too bad i can't do that, and i dry heave like im a puking zombie from resident evil

BIG_DADDY
12-17-2007, 12:47 PM
I did my own smoked steak with Manchego cheese taco's last night. I rule!!!!

Leftovers will last the next couple nights. Made chicken soup for the week too.

NewChief
12-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Chipolte is okay, but when I lived in Colorado, I liked this place:
http://www.bigcityburrito.com/orderframe.html

Now, I like this place, because some friends of mine own it:
http://www.joewittkop.com/FlyingBurritoCo/index.html

Phobia
12-17-2007, 01:03 PM
I dont think its over priced. its only $6 for a burrito.

order any value meal from any other FF resturant and you will spend about the same amount

I haven't been out of there for under $7.50 for a couple years and that's just for the burrito - no drink. Try to order a little cup of guac and tell me they're not overpriced.

DaKCMan AP
12-17-2007, 01:05 PM
I haven't been out of there for under $7.50 for a couple years and that's just for the burrito - no drink. Try to order a little cup of guac and tell me they're not overpriced.

Moes is more economical - especially on a Monday. $5.55 for any burrito (ie. the homewrecker - chicken/steak/whatever, beans, lettuce, salsa, cheese, guac, sour cream) + chips + drink.

However, Chipotle is tastier (barbacoa!).

Demonpenz
12-17-2007, 01:13 PM
I ususally like hot stuff figured that their hot stuff will be the ususal fast food medium. It was pretty hot for me. Almost un ediable haha. dumb white boy i am

DaKCMan AP
12-17-2007, 01:15 PM
I ususally like hot stuff figured that their hot stuff will be the ususal fast food medium. It was pretty hot for me. Almost un ediable haha. dumb white boy i am

Heh. One night after happy hour (not thinking clearly, obviously) we went to Chipotle and I got the barbacoa burrito and they guy asks what salsa I want so I say "hot" then I say "medium too" then I say "extra hot". It wasn't the hottest thing I've ever had, but I was sweating. LMAO

RustShack
12-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Never even heard of that place...

Chieficus
12-17-2007, 01:36 PM
When I was out in Louisville, we had Qudoba instead; I went there a couple of times and was turned off by the line-production burrito factories (I didn't like the taste of the sauces or meat seasonings); I visited a friend in Chicago and he took me to a Chipotle's--first time I heard of it, and it was stinkin' awesome (who care's about the calories!)...

Now I'm down near Cape Girardeau, and I've yet to find a good mexican place (Taco Johns is the best so far)... we could use a Chipotle or something...

DaKCMan AP
12-17-2007, 01:39 PM
When I was out in Louisville, we had Qudoba instead; I went there a couple of times and was turned off by the line-production burrito factories (I didn't like the taste of the sauces or meat seasonings); I visited a friend in Chicago and he took me to a Chipotle's--first time I heard of it, and it was stinkin' awesome (who care's about the calories!)...

Now I'm down near Cape Girardeau, and I've yet to find a good mexican place (Taco Johns is the best so far)... we could use a Chipotle or something...

I don't consider Chipotle to be mexican food. It's fast food just like Moes or Taco Bell. There's an authentic mexican restaurant here that I'd choose every time over Chipotle.

kchero
12-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Its those damn burritto wraps, they have like 300 to 400 calories right there. Bowls only!

Chieficus
12-17-2007, 01:44 PM
I don't consider Chipotle to be mexican food. It's fast food just like Moes or Taco Bell. There's an authentic mexican restaurant here that I'd choose every time over Chipotle.

Yeah... I lump mex mex and tex mex all into one... authentic mexican is a little too bland for my taste (always seems to be either too bland or so hot it doesn't matter), so I go for more the tex mex style and throw the fast food joints in as "mexican" though I wouldn't consider Toxic Hell to be food at all (though at times, it can be tastey, whatever it is...)

DaKCMan AP
12-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Yeah... I lump mex mex and tex mex all into one... authentic mexican is a little too bland for my taste (always seems to be either too bland or so hot it doesn't matter), so I go for more the tex mex style and throw the fast food joints in as "mexican" though I wouldn't consider Toxic Hell to be food at all (though at times, it can be tastey, whatever it is...)

The place I'm talking about is anything but bland. When I get tacos and such I usually put tons of lettuce, tomato, cheese, sauce, sour cream whatever to add to the taste and hide some of the bland meat. This place has such flavor in their meats that I don't need all that crap on it and it's outstanding. Fajitas, tacos, burritos, enchiladas, chimichangas, all very very tasty!

Chieficus
12-17-2007, 01:49 PM
The place I'm talking about is anything but bland. When I get tacos and such I usually put tons of lettuce, tomato, cheese, sauce, sour cream whatever to add to the taste and hide some of the bland meat. This place has such flavor in their meats that I don't need all that crap on it and it's outstanding. Fajitas, tacos, burritos, enchiladas, chimichangas, all very very tasty!

Hmmm... again, I wish we had a place like that here... :(

Ari ümlaüt
12-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Its those damn burritto wraps, they have like 300 to 400 calories right there. Bowls only!

from now on, one of every 4 trips to chipotle will be a bowl. Nearly 300 calories for the wrap, right there. That sucks.

AggressiveNapkin
12-17-2007, 02:26 PM

Really? I love both of them. The prime rib and chicken carbona are both money at Quiznos

Fishpicker
12-17-2007, 02:31 PM
Chipolte is okay, but when I lived in Colorado, I liked this place:
http://www.bigcityburrito.com/orderframe.html

Now, I like this place, because some friends of mine own it:
http://www.joewittkop.com/FlyingBurritoCo/index.html

ya big city burrito is awesome. they have every hot-sauce under the sun. I wanted to try the hottest one they had... you have to sign a waiver though. that made me reconsider

gblowfish
12-17-2007, 02:33 PM
This thread made me go to Chipolte for lunch.
Now I need a nap, and I have to work for two more hours!!!

Thanks Bastages!!!

Fishpicker
12-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Really? I love both of them. The prime rib and chicken carbona are both money at Quiznos

:p

I cant believe they still call that sandwich carbonara. Carbonara is Alfredo sauce with Pancetta. At Quiznos, Carbonara means creamy Cesar salad dressing & bacon bits.

Ari ümlaüt
yeah, I MADE you go to Chipotle.

ROFL

Stewie
I've eaten at Chipotle for lunch one time. It's not really convenient near me. It was OK. Margarita's is much closer and I don't want to know the caloric content of The Pollo dinner.

Bearcat
12-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Man I miss American food...

I really miss London food... then again, I was on vacation and had money to burn. Thai, Lebonese, Indian, Italian, American, Mexican, Mongolian, Sri Lankan, Chinese (sort of.. heh), seafood... :drool:

As for my Chipolte... Holy crap.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/bearcat2002/chipolte.jpg

Chieficus
12-17-2007, 04:31 PM
I really miss London food... then again, I was on vacation and had money to burn. Thai, Lebonese, Indian, Italian, American, Mexican, Mongolian, Sri Lankan, Chinese (sort of.. heh), seafood... :drool:

As for my Chipolte... Holy crap.

Well, at least you're getting plenty of protein...

CoMoChief
12-17-2007, 04:35 PM
I love Shitpotle. I hate what it does to my ass a few hours later though.

I get
refried beans
Chicken
sourcream
cheese
mild salsa
rice

mmmmm yum

banyon
12-17-2007, 04:42 PM
It was McDonald's but since they divested I don't feel as bad about going in.

underEJ
12-17-2007, 06:27 PM

It isn't supposed to be mexican food. It's replicating the San Francisco style burrito, and not very well either. They do alright for a chain, but take a vacation to SF and have a real one some time. Practically every neighborhood has a great burrito.

DaKCMan AP
12-17-2007, 06:28 PM
It isn't supposed to be mexican food. It's replicating the San Francisco style burrito, and not very well either. They do alright for a chain, but take a vacation to SF and have a real one some time. Practically every neighborhood has a great burrito.

I understand that it isn't supposed to be mexican food. Someone called it mexican, I said it wasn't.

evolve27
12-17-2007, 06:30 PM
I only go here once a year for the free BOO-Rito. I hit up all the Chipotle's after work around the downtown area only on Halloween, otherwise I can't afford it.

TinyEvel
12-17-2007, 06:35 PM
That's why I get Burrito Bol with just barbacoa and lettuce.

I had the shits after eating it.

Now I call it Shitpotle

underEJ
12-17-2007, 06:46 PM
I understand that it isn't supposed to be mexican food. Someone called it mexican, I said it wasn't.

Quite right. Sorry, didn't mean to point at you or anything, but to expound on your statement.

DaKCMan AP
12-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Quite right. Sorry, didn't mean to point at you or anything, but to expound on your statement.

np :thumb:

Spott
12-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Is Chipotle like Moe's and Qdoba?

DaKCMan AP
12-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Is Chipotle like Moe's and Qdoba?

Yes, but more flavor than Moe's.

Ari ümlaüt
12-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Man there are NO Qdoba's in Kansas City at all... looks like a good franchising opp for someone.