PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee's son to work for PETA?

Chiefnj2
12-17-2007, 01:42 PM
"Here’s the barebones story of how 18-year-old Mike Huckabee’s son, David, and 17-year-old Clayton Frady killed a dog when they were Boy Scouts, and got fired for it. From the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette in 1998 (as quoted in DogBlog):

[David Huckabee,] the younger son of Gov. Mike Huckabee and another teen were fired last month from jobs at a Boy Scout camp after the killing of a stray dog.[..]

So, how and why did David Huckabee (and Clayton Frady) kill the dog?

The original story isn’t clear in the lead (the admissions and the details come as you read down). Still from the Democrat Gazette:

The dog was killed [passive voice] July 11 at Camp Pioneer near Hatfield.[..]

I believe the following is the faxed description of the “particular process.” It’s on a reputable site, Utopia Animal Rescue, which is run by, of all people, Kinky Freidman:

(Miller County, Arkansas) Two boy scout counselors, 17 year old Clayton Frady and 18 year old David litickabee [sic], the son of Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, have admitted to catching a stray dog during their summer session at Camp Pioneer in Hatfield, AR, and hanging the dog by his neck, slitting his throat and stoning him to death. "

Fishpicker
12-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Huck says these allegations are politically motivated.

HolmeZz
12-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Huck says these allegations are politically motivated.

Of course. But did he say they were false?

irishjayhawk
12-17-2007, 02:44 PM
Of course. But did he say they were false?

ROFL

What a great question.

Cochise
12-17-2007, 02:48 PM
Clearly he's not qualified to be president if his son was allegedly cruel to a dog.

irishjayhawk
12-17-2007, 02:59 PM
Clearly he's not qualified to be president if his son was allegedly cruel to a dog.

If he can't handle his son, how can he handle a country?

Nightfyre
12-17-2007, 03:01 PM
So the answer to the other thread comes to fruition.

Fishpicker
12-17-2007, 03:16 PM

ya but consider how he handled the situation. His son didnt suffer any repercussions. that's good "lookin out".

irishjayhawk
12-17-2007, 03:17 PM
ya but consider how he handled the situation. His son didnt suffer any repercussions. that's good "lookin out".

True that :p

Course, on a serious note, he also pardoned a murderer/rapist because he "found Jesus".

Chiefnj2
12-17-2007, 03:19 PM
Vick's chance of getting a pardon just increased 10 fold!

Michael Vick for Michael Huckabee.

StcChief
12-17-2007, 03:53 PM
Gore's doing a fine job with his son too..... how could he be trusted to
tell us all about Global warming. :rolleyes:

KILLER_CLOWN
12-17-2007, 04:16 PM

True it usually runs in the family, ex prescott bush.

Brock
12-17-2007, 04:43 PM
Wow, horrible. Somebody get that kid some help.

BIG_DADDY
12-17-2007, 04:52 PM
This is where Denise comes in and wants them to receive a life sentence even though she endorses breed specific genocide.

BIG_DADDY
12-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Is PETA recruiting them to kill dogs and throw them in the dumpster behind Safeway?

Taco John
12-17-2007, 05:02 PM

That was the argument when Clinton's brother's cocaine use was brought up.

ClevelandBronco
12-17-2007, 05:04 PM
This is where Denise comes in and wants them to receive a life sentence even though she endorses breed specific genocide.

Does genocide apply to dogs? I honestly don't know.

BIG_DADDY
12-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Does genocide apply to dogs? I honestly don't know.

Elminiation of a certain race of breed would be the same thing. Denise is the ultimate hypocrite.

ClevelandBronco
12-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Elminiation of a certain race of breed would be the same thing. Denise is the ultimate hypocrite.

I see what you're driving at, though I don't equate dogs with humans at all.

BIG_DADDY
12-17-2007, 05:19 PM

Now that we are beating down the wrong path I think it's interpretation is pretty wide open. "any group"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide

Her hypocracy is still off the charts.

KILLER_CLOWN
12-17-2007, 05:20 PM

Mans best friend baby! ;)

ClevelandBronco
12-17-2007, 05:21 PM
I wonder if I commit genocide when I set out yellowjacket traps.

KILLER_CLOWN
12-17-2007, 05:22 PM
I wonder if I commit genocide when I set out yellowjacket traps.

Actually i read an article on how the bees in North America were disappearing......

ClevelandBronco
12-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Actually i read an article on how the bees in North America were disappearing......

Strangely, I've never caught anything except hundreds of yellowjackets. That bait is perfectly targeted.

KILLER_CLOWN
12-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Strangely, I've never caught anything except hundreds of yellowjackets. That bait is perfectly targeted.

I wasn't blaming you ROFL , just thought it was a good place for this.

ClevelandBronco
12-17-2007, 05:37 PM
I wasn't blaming you ROFL , just thought it was a good place for this.

Hey, I wasn't even in town when those bees disappeared. I was down in New Orleans building hives for Habitat for Honeybees.

What is this? A sting operation?

Nightfyre
12-17-2007, 05:40 PM
What is this? A sting operation?
ROFL

Iowanian
12-17-2007, 06:00 PM
They should have gotten a merrit badge for Killing stray dogs.

They probably saved some litter pollution because the tramps didn't get into the garbage and potentially saved some children from rabbies, not to mention the suffering they saved those strays on the long, cold winter nights of starvation.

Oh...and the source?
From the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette in 1998

Cochise
12-17-2007, 06:49 PM
They should have gotten a merrit badge for Killing stray dogs.

They probably saved some litter pollution because the tramps didn't get into the garbage and potentially saved some children from rabbies, not to mention the suffering they saved those strays on the long, cold winter nights of starvation.

I was going to say, there are other strays out there who were probably starving, suffering from competition for food supply. By killing a transient dog, wouldn't you help ease the suffering of many?

And also, reducing the weight on the environment of the earth's dog population? No more carbon footprint enlarged by dogcatcher's trucks and animal shelters' air conditioners.

The needs of the many versus the needs of the one. One death, and a hundred lives in exchange. It's simple arithmetic!

NewChief
12-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Oh...and the source?
From the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette in 1998

You may be commenting on the fact that the incident and reporting took place 9 years ago, but in case you're commenting on the Democrat in the title of the paper: despite the name, it's the state paper, and it's pretty much become a conservative rag since the Democrat and Gazette merged quite a few years back.

RJ
12-17-2007, 08:56 PM

Your point is well taken, but "hanging the dog by his neck, slitting his throat and stoning him to death" goes well past cruel. Sounds like the kid is a bit effed up.

Adept Havelock
12-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Your point is well taken, but "hanging the dog by his neck, slitting his throat and stoning him to death" goes well past cruel. Sounds like the kid is a bit effed up.

It's great training for a future as a serial killer. Just look at most of those ijit's histories. Sadistic animal abuse like this is a very common theme.

Or, he could have been trying out for the Mr. Teatime role in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather. :shrug:

Jenson71
12-17-2007, 09:48 PM
Messed up, but shouldn't factor AT ALL with Governor Huckabee's campaign.