PDA

View Full Version : The attitude is all wrong!

tooge
12-17-2007, 01:33 PM
I was one to say "Give Herm a chance, he inherited an aweful team.". I am now starting to see the light. I look around the league at the coaches that win past and present. What I see for the most part are guys that have attitude. Look at the expressions of guys like Marty, Cower, Parcells, Bellicheck. These are defensive minded coaches that take it personally that the other team is making yards or scoring points. They want you to knock their dinks in the dirt if you will. Since Marty left, we have had one guy everyone perceived as nuts (Gunther), one guy everyone perceives as grandpa (Vermiel), and one guy that everyone perceives as clueless. The culture of this team isn't gonna change until the culture of the coaches change. If Clark Hunt wants to make a statement that he really wants this stadium back to wher eit was in the early 1990's, here is what needs to happen. Pay the big money and bring Cowher here next year. Fire King Carl and bring in a new GM. I for one would be happy to go to the games to see Cowher scowling at the likes of Will Svitek when he is false starting. Herm just sits there like he doesn't give a shit, or he smiles. It is time for a little TUDE from the head coach. Bring on the off season, bring on the rolling heads.

seclark
12-17-2007, 01:36 PM
You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron.

Fish
12-17-2007, 01:40 PM
It's been said over and over... but I have the feeling it will need to be said another 1000 times before next season....

Bill Cowher will not be the Chiefs coach next year.

There's no reason for him to come here. His reasons for retirement were not to go to a new team. He needed to get away from football and spend time with the family.

And if he did go to a new team, a man in his position would want a team in a different stage of growth than KC. There's no reason for him to want to come to KC. And no amount of money is going to change his mind.

DaKCMan AP
12-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Needs more cowbell.

rrl308
12-17-2007, 02:13 PM
I totally agree with you Tooge. i've been saying the same thing. Show some freakin emotion. Show us that you give a damn whether or not someone screws up. I think the reason he doesn't react to anything is because he is too busy trying to plan out his post game press conference speech.

FAX
12-17-2007, 02:39 PM
I don't know much about attitude since I don't have one. But I do know about things like concentration and focus and preparation.

Were I Herm (and thank the little angels who hand out the personalities that I am not), I would be more concerned about the fumbles, drops, and penalties than anything else. That speaks of coaching over which he has control and is, therefore, something that he can affect.

Frankly, we're going to lose games because we're less talented than a lot of other teams. And, we're going to lose games because our QB is young. And, we're going to lose games because Herm's philosophy was born from a dinosaur egg. But, we should never lose games because the team is not prepared to take the field.

FAX

seclark
12-17-2007, 02:42 PM
Frankly, we're going to lose games because we're less talented than a lot of other teams. And, we're going to lose games because our QB is young. And, we're going to lose games because Herm's philosophy was born from a dinosaur egg. But, we should never lose games because the team is not prepared to take the field.

FAX
^truth^
sec