PDA

View Full Version : Rich Rodriguez

AggressiveNapkin
12-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Anyone find it to be a classless move that he isn't even going to coach the bowl game for West Virginia??

Pretty disrespectful to his players if you ask me..

Mecca
12-17-2007, 03:58 PM
He probably shouldn't be since he's leaving....it would be counter productive.

L.A. Chieffan
12-17-2007, 03:58 PM
I thought he wanted too

DaKCMan AP
12-17-2007, 04:02 PM
He probably shouldn't be since he's leaving....it would be counter productive.

It's a BCS game and he should coach his guys. Urban coached Utah to victory in the Fiesta Bowl before going full-time at Florida.

Frazod
12-17-2007, 04:02 PM
I think it's a pretty shitty thing to do to his players. Would that extra 11 days really have killed him? Deeply low class if you ask me.

Sfeihc
12-17-2007, 04:04 PM
My new ball coach. This should really shake up the alumni.
Nappy, I see you're from Lawerance so I'll dismiss your "classless" remark as an old wound left by Roy and his title he won with UNC.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-17-2007, 04:05 PM
He's a douchebag.

bkkcoh
12-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Should colleges be able to fill a coaching vacancy before the last college game is played. Or at least wait until the coach who you are interested in has played in their last game.

That is a nice thing about the NFL.

Stewie
12-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Is Houston Nutt coaching Arkansas in the bowl game?

Frazod
12-17-2007, 04:16 PM
My new ball coach. This should really shake up the alumni.
Nappy, I see you're from Lawerance so I'll dismiss your "classless" remark as an old wound left by Roy and his title he won with UNC.

If this guy was leaving Michigan for Notre Dame or USC, you'd be squealing like a stuck pig.

DaKCMan AP
12-17-2007, 04:22 PM

No.

Orange Cameltoe
12-17-2007, 05:41 PM

Don't forget about Art Briles not coaching Houston in the Texas Bowl.

Sfeihc
12-17-2007, 06:46 PM
If this guy was leaving Michigan for Notre Dame or USC, you'd be squealing like a stuck pig.

Perhaps Farzod, but in reality HC's don't leave M for USC or ND. They either retire or go get Mollered.

Thig Lyfe
12-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Should colleges be able to fill a coaching vacancy before the last college game is played. Or at least wait until the coach who you are interested in has played in their last game.

That is a nice thing about the NFL.

I think there definitely should be some sort of regulation along those lines that prevents this sort of situation. I don't understand why so many coaches are willing to damage their own reputations just to jump to a slightly shinier job.

Sfeihc
12-17-2007, 07:10 PM
he said slightly. ROFL

JBucc
12-17-2007, 07:12 PM
It bugs me that Petrino got raped on every media outlet but RR gets a free pass.

Mecca
12-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Guys taking better jobs=them being douchebags...

The reason they leave when they do has to do with recruiting.

DaKCMan AP
12-17-2007, 07:18 PM
It bugs me that Petrino got raped on every media outlet but RR gets a free pass.

:shake:

RR was at WVU for 7 years, built the program to heights never before reached. Coached the entire season and spoke to his players in person.

Petrino walked out on Atlanta while the season was still underway in the middle of the night after lying to the owner repeatedly.

Yeah, they're one in the same. :rolleyes:

Sfeihc
12-17-2007, 07:38 PM
:shake:

RR was at WVU for 7 years, built the program to heights never before reached. Coached the entire season and spoke to his players in person.

Petrino walked out on Atlanta while the season was still underway in the middle of the night after lying to the owner repeatedly.

Yeah, they're one in the same. :rolleyes:

My tickets for the Citrus Bowl arrived in the mail today. You going DaKCMan?

DaKCMan AP
12-17-2007, 07:43 PM
My tickets for the Citrus Bowl arrived in the mail today. You going DaKCMan?

Nah.

I'm gonna be driving back up to Tampa on Dec 31st, have a New Years Eve party that night and then want to watch all the bowl games that day (Tenn/Wisc, UF/UM, USC/Ill, HI/UGA) before having to go back to work on the 2nd.

Word is it was a tough ticket to get for Florida fans, anyhow. The Bullgator point system was pretty high and I have a lot of friends who are still students who couldn't get tix.

Have a good time, though!

Sfeihc
12-17-2007, 07:46 PM
will do! Believe it or not on the Monday following the bowl announcements mgoblue.com had tickets for sale to the public. That didn't last long. Tickets were going on ebay at the same time for at least 2x face.

DaKCMan AP
12-18-2007, 07:29 AM
Rodriguez sought Meyer's job advice

Florida Coach Urban Meyer said Monday that Rich Rodriguez's decision to become Michigan's head coach did not surprise him, because he spoke with Rodriguez several times last week.

Meyer joked that the conversations were more about the spread offense both coaches run than whether Rodriguez should bolt West Virginia for the Wolverines. It's clear, though, that Rodriguez sought out his good friend in the coaching fraternity for advice.

"I talked to him every day for the last five days," Meyer said after UF's practice Monday. "Michigan is a great place, and West Virginia is a great place. [Michigan] got a good coach. He's really good."

The friendship between Meyer and Rodriguez stretches to the beginning of this decade, when Meyer and UF offensive coordinator Dan Mullen studied Rodriguez's scheme as they prepared to install their own at Bowling Green. Meyer has said the coaches still huddle every year to talk football and life.

Rodriguez doesn't figure to deal much with Michigan's current roster until after the Jan. 1 Capital One Bowl against the Gators. And Meyer said he hopes Rodriguez refrains from sharing the secrets of the spread with the Wolverines' defense.

"If I hear that," Meyer said, "he won't be a very good friend of mine."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/orl-ufbeat1807dec18,0,1172916.story

Saulbadguy
12-18-2007, 07:45 AM
Heh.

alanm
12-18-2007, 07:51 AM
I think it's a pretty shitty thing to do to his players. Would that extra 11 days really have killed him? Deeply low class if you ask me.
Especially since starting yesterday(Dec 17th) marks the dead period in recruiting where teams can't have any contact with potential recruits for 2 weeks. Nebraska's coach is going back to LSU for the next 2 weeks to coach the Tigers in the NC game. And he got Osborne's blessing.

Extra Point
12-18-2007, 07:54 AM
Funny thing is, most of the recruits are awaiting the outcomes of the bowl games to fully factor in their decisions to sign their letters.

That coaching job couldn't wait three to four weeks? I'd think his players would be honored to have him coach the bowl game. The sad thing is, whoever is the interim may not get the job, and or WV may lose the game.

Distractions?