PDA

View Full Version : Scary Smart (Ron Prince) finds a replacement for SoulGlo (Josh Freeman)

duncan_idaho
12-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Wichita's Chris Harper is kSU-bound.

It's his best shot to play QB, so probably a good decision since hes set on that.

I just hope he can make the transition to WR/S in the NFL when the time comes (like Brad Smith, Ron Curry, Randle El), because the kid is an NFL player at the right position.

I also hear playing for a black coach might have played a factor (which is another reason Arthur Brown chose Miami).

AggressiveNapkin
12-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Good get for the cats. Although i doubt he actually plays QB for them and probably gets moved to safety.

He is a very good athlete but no way he plays QB

WilliamTheIrish
12-17-2007, 05:04 PM
w00t!

kstater
12-17-2007, 05:05 PM
w00t!

Cochise
12-17-2007, 05:09 PM
4 Heisman?

KevB
12-17-2007, 05:50 PM
Good get for the cats. Although i doubt he actually plays QB for them and probably gets moved to safety.

That's funny, the same thing was said about Freeman.

schneider221
12-17-2007, 06:38 PM
one could make an argument saying the cats would have been better with someone besides freeman at QB

duncan_idaho
12-17-2007, 07:36 PM

Prince and staff have promised Harper he will play quarterback. That assertion played a huge factor in his decision.

kstater
12-17-2007, 07:40 PM
one could make an argument saying the cats would have been better with someone besides freeman at QB

Had to sign someone. Couldn't get Kerry Meier to transfer. ;)

the Talking Can
12-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Wichita's Chris Harper is kSU-bound.

It's his best shot to play QB, so probably a good decision since hes set on that.

I just hope he can make the transition to WR/S in the NFL when the time comes (like Brad Smith, Ron Curry, Randle El), because the kid is an NFL player at the right position.

I also hear playing for a black coach might have played a factor (which is another reason Arthur Brown chose Miami).

Prince is black? I thought he was tan.

Coach
12-17-2007, 07:41 PM

He's african-american.

the Talking Can
12-17-2007, 07:42 PM
He's african-american.

he looks tanning bed-american...

KevB
12-17-2007, 08:06 PM

KSU has had it's issues, but Freeman isn't anywhere near the top of the list.

sportsman1
12-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Dont Forget to bring your power towel Chris!

Skip Towne
12-17-2007, 09:11 PM
I wish these guys wanted to play for fat coaches.

Saulbadguy
12-17-2007, 11:12 PM
Good consolation prize after losing in the Arthur Brown sweepstakes.

WilliamTheIrish
12-18-2007, 08:04 AM

LMAO Okay. I'm all ears. Let's hear your argument.

I'll even start. 35 ppg in conference. Your turn.

schneider221
12-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Mainly it was all a joke but a QB rating that is in the lower half the of big 12 isn't something to really be proud of.

Do you think Nebraska fans are still upset they didn't get him?

Saulbadguy
12-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Mainly it was all a joke but a QB rating that is in the lower half the of big 12 isn't something to really be proud of.

Nebraska has problems of their own, me thinks. Their recruiting class is absolutely falling apart. It will be interesting to see who stays and who leaves.

dr00d
12-18-2007, 01:03 PM

I think you are holding your breath if you think Freeman wouldn't of come in and helped the nubs this year, when they needed it the most.

beer bacon
12-18-2007, 01:13 PM
He was down to K-State, Illinois, and Mizzou. It sounds like he chose KSU because Scary Smart told him he would get a chance to play QB. Illinois and Mizzou were pretty firm with him about making a switch to a different position.

WilliamTheIrish
12-18-2007, 01:23 PM

Ah. So we've moved from

To: a QB rating that is in the lower half the of big 12 isn't something to really be proud of.

Hilarious.

WilliamTheIrish
12-18-2007, 01:23 PM
He was down to K-State, Illinois, and Mizzou. It sounds like he chose KSU because Scary Smart told him he would get a chance to play QB. Illinois and Mizzou were pretty firm with him about making a switch to a different position.

I don't care how he got Harper. He got him and that is good thing.

Saulbadguy
12-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Mizzou wasn't in the picture. It was down to K-State, Illinois, and Oregon. Oregon wanted him at QB, as well. Illinois wanted him at RB.

alanm
12-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Nebraska has problems of their own, me thinks. Their recruiting class is absolutely falling apart. It will be interesting to see who stays and who leaves.
We had 24, they have 19 now. That's not what I would call falling apart.
Besides I think Nebraska is through with chasing the egotistical kids for the foreseeable future. The kids their after now are the ones who want to play at Nebraska. Not the ones playing lip service. Plus their building up the walkon program again.

Saulbadguy
12-18-2007, 01:34 PM
We had 24, they have 19 now. That's not what I would call falling apart.
Besides I think Nebraska is through with chasing the egotistical kids for the foreseeable future. The kids their after now are the ones who want to play at Nebraska. Not the ones playing lip service. Plus their building up the walkon program again.
17 now.

And, you lost most of the best ones, including Will Compton, Blaine Gabbert, Simi Kuli, Bryce Givens....and Dan Hoch may be wavering.

Oh, and LOL at "building up the walk-on program again." Seriously, LOL.

schneider221
12-18-2007, 01:49 PM
I think you are holding your breath if you think Freeman wouldn't of come in and helped the nubs this year, when they needed it the most.

I don't see freeman coming in and helping anything at NU. They have a ton of problems but freeman would not solve anything.

schneider221
12-18-2007, 01:56 PM
17 now.

And, you lost most of the best ones, including Will Compton, Blaine Gabbert, Simi Kuli, Bryce Givens....and Dan Hoch may be wavering.

and while your talking smack against NU's current class shouldn't you be worried about your own coach trying to barely hang on with the Juco's. Prince has been #1,#4,#1 in the amount of Juco kids given scholarships.

but seriously are you concerned at all with Prince's recruiting tactics, it seems as if he is almost desperate to save his job instead of building up the program

duncan_idaho
12-18-2007, 03:01 PM
17 now.

Don't forget Doug Rippy and Josh Williams. They're most likely gone, too (in face, Williams has cut his list to Missouri, Colorado and kansas).

Nebraska is in disarray recruiting wise... the JV staff Dr. Tom put together isn't impressing anybody. In fact, coach Barney Cotton is the reason Givens eliminated Nebraska...

Saulbadguy
12-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Don't forget Doug Rippy and Josh Williams. They're most likely gone, too (in face, Williams has cut his list to Missouri, Colorado and kansas).

Nebraska is in disarray recruiting wise... the JV staff Dr. Tom put together isn't impressing anybody. In fact, coach Barney Cotton is the reason Givens eliminated Nebraska...
I thought it was a bad idea to have Tom involved from the beginning, although I thought Bo was a good decision. The supporting cast is pretty funny, alot of Solich's old assistants.

Sure-Oz
12-18-2007, 03:13 PM
black and tan

WilliamTheIrish
12-18-2007, 03:29 PM
WTF is Duncan Pinderhughes?

kstater
12-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Saul

duncan_idaho
12-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Pelini=Quin Snyder.

He will fail dramatically. Maybe not right away, but in a few years - when this year's recruiting class would have stepped in - Nebraska will struggle mightily. See Notre Dame.

And Saul, there's only enough room for ONE duncan around here...

Saulbadguy
12-18-2007, 04:16 PM
Pelini=Quin Snyder.

He will fail dramatically. Maybe not right away, but in a few years - when this year's recruiting class would have stepped in - Nebraska will struggle mightily. See Notre Dame.

And Saul, there's only enough room for ONE duncan around here...
I don't know, I think he will do OK. The problem is, the expectations are so artificially inflated up there at Nebraska because their fans feeling of self worth is tied to the success of the football program. The fans still don't realize that the days of roided up 7th year walk-on seniors on a county scholarship are over. The swooning over Dr Tom is a perfect example of that.

duncan_idaho
12-18-2007, 04:25 PM
I don't know, I think he will do OK. The problem is, the expectations are so artificially inflated up there at Nebraska because their fans feeling of self worth is tied to the success of the football program. The fans still don't realize that the days of roided up 7th year walk-on seniors on a county scholarship are over. The swooning over Dr Tom is a perfect example of that.

(Warning: massive generalization of Nebraska fans upcoming)

I think he will do a solid job - but it will be failure in their eyes. Anything less than Dr. Tom is failure. I will almost feel sorry for Pelini when he loses his job after five years. He'll show improvements over the next two seasons, get hopes up, and then fall back some when the recruits from this class would be stepping in (if they hadn't all bolted).

Osborne was Nebraska's Bear Bryant, and just like Bama, the Huskers will roll through a coach every 5-6 years trying to find the next Dr. Tom.

Unfortunately, even Dr. Tom couldn't be Dr. Tom in today's situation. No steroids. No "walk-on" program. No "county" scholarships. No Prop 48 kids that can't get into any other Big 12 school. Tighter JUCO rules.

alan - I don't think you fall in the typical Husker generalization I'm spouting here. What are YOUR expectations for Nebraska football?

Saulbadguy
12-18-2007, 06:25 PM

LOL - you called it. Both gone.

Saulbadguy
12-18-2007, 06:26 PM
(Warning: massive generalization of Nebraska fans upcoming)

I think he will do a solid job - but it will be failure in their eyes. Anything less than Dr. Tom is failure. I will almost feel sorry for Pelini when he loses his job after five years. He'll show improvements over the next two seasons, get hopes up, and then fall back some when the recruits from this class would be stepping in (if they hadn't all bolted).

Osborne was Nebraska's Bear Bryant, and just like Bama, the Huskers will roll through a coach every 5-6 years trying to find the next Dr. Tom.

Unfortunately, even Dr. Tom couldn't be Dr. Tom in today's situation. No steroids. No "walk-on" program. No "county" scholarships. No Prop 48 kids that can't get into any other Big 12 school. Tighter JUCO rules.

alan - I don't think you fall in the typical Husker generalization I'm spouting here. What are YOUR expectations for Nebraska football?
He doesn't fall in to that generalization? Good lord - read his posts from 04/05 about the "5 star recruits lining up to play for Bill Callahan", and now read about "building up the walk-on program". Seriously, it doesn't get much GBR!!!!!!!!!!!!! than that.

alanm
12-18-2007, 08:25 PM
He doesn't fall in to that generalization? Good lord - read his posts from 04/05 about the "5 star recruits lining up to play for Bill Callahan", and now read about "building up the walk-on program". Seriously, it doesn't get much GBR!!!!!!!!!!!!! than that.
Please Saul you're killing me. ROFL You're the one always pimping the ***** recruits. I do it for you because I know you put great stock in that sort of shit. GRCOAT LOL Yeah those Rivals studs really worked out didn't they. Problem is they can't play ball since their too busy tripping over their press clippings from HS.
I want guys who will work their asses off and can play ball. Period. It's whats worked in the past and will work still now.

Saulbadguy
12-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Please Saul you're killing me. ROFL You're the one always pimping the ***** recruits. I do it for you because I know you put great stock in that sort of shit. GRCOAT LOL Yeah those Rivals studs really worked out didn't they. Problem is they can't play ball since their too busy tripping over their press clippings from HS.
I want guys who will work their asses off and can play ball. Period. It's whats worked in the past and will work still now.
ROFL

Good luck with that "5 star recruits lining up for Bill Callahan".

Walk-on program, I wonder how teams like Ohio State, LSU, and USC succeed without building up their walk-on programs?

Saulbadguy
12-18-2007, 09:27 PM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/ellrob3/685659550_1000_0001.jpg

ChiefaRoo
12-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Nebraska sucks and so do the cornholers.

Saulbadguy
12-18-2007, 09:40 PM
Nebraska sucks and so do the cornholers.
Check out the pic, ChiefaRoo. Dreamy, no?

ChiTown
12-18-2007, 09:40 PM

when and where was that taken?

Saulbadguy
12-18-2007, 09:43 PM
when and where was that taken?
It was taken by me, in my gameroom. We were discussing GRCOAT, Michael Beasley, and Chris Harper - I asked them to throw up some signs and they obliged.

ChiefaRoo
12-18-2007, 09:44 PM

blow me saul.

Oh, and Merry Christmas

alanm
12-18-2007, 09:48 PM
ROFL

Good luck with that "5 star recruits lining up for Bill Callahan".

Walk-on program, I wonder how teams like Ohio State, LSU, and USC succeed without building up their walk-on programs?
As it turns out Saul the 5 star recruits didn't work out for Callahan. That's just it, Rivals, Scout ect is a load of crap. The Huskers are going back to what they know works. And it comes down to kids actually wanting to play for Nebraska and working their asses off. Running the ball, playing defense and special teams. And I'm fine with that. I could give a rats ass what USC, Ohio St and LSU do with their prima donnas.

ChiTown
12-18-2007, 10:00 PM
The Huskers are going back to what they know works.

Well then, I expect to see I.M. Hipp in your backfield in 08.....
:)

Saulbadguy
12-18-2007, 10:06 PM
As it turns out Saul the 5 star recruits didn't work out for Callahan. That's just it, Rivals, Scout ect is a load of crap. The Huskers are going back to what they know works. And it comes down to kids actually wanting to play for Nebraska and working their asses off. Running the ball, playing defense and special teams. And I'm fine with that. I could give a rats ass what USC, Ohio St and LSU do with their prima donnas.
So, they are taking the Frank Solich approach?

Saulbadguy
12-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Bo Pelini

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH2LHbkatJ8

schneider221
12-23-2007, 03:09 PM
looks like Harper isn't so sure about Kstate since their OC left for maryland

Pitt Gorilla
12-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Harper de-committed from KSU today.

Saulbadguy
12-23-2007, 04:45 PM
rut roh!

He'll probably go to Oregon.

Saulbadguy
05-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Harper de-committed from KSU today.

May be re-committing after a 1 year stint at Oregon....:doh!:

Skip Towne
05-27-2009, 01:47 PM
May be re-committing after a 1 year stint at Oregon....:doh!:

Look out Iowa State, here come the 'cats.

Saulbadguy
05-27-2009, 01:54 PM

We'll pound the SUCKclones in our saddest years...

KCChiefsMan
05-27-2009, 02:04 PM

:clap:ROFL