PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Are people still happy with Krumrie?

Chiefnj2
12-18-2007, 09:31 AM
I know most people were happy with Krumrie's hiring due to his play as an NFL player, his pre-draft workout and his Gunther-esque intensity. After 2 years, do you still think he's as good as a coach as you originally thought? A lot of young talent has been added to the line (a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick) and at least 3 free agents, yet the line still has some major problems consistently generating a pass rush and stopping the run. Is Krumrie another Gunther that requires 4 all star players to perform, or does he just need more time?

Bowser
12-18-2007, 09:36 AM
Is it him, or his players? Either way, I wouldn't miss him.

Short Leash Hootie
12-18-2007, 09:37 AM
I don't think Chiefs fans are happy with anyone...shit we had a thread bashing Jared Allen the other day.

Saulbadguy
12-18-2007, 09:37 AM
At this point I don't really think its fair to evaluate some of these guys. The players have obviously quit.

trndobrd
12-18-2007, 09:45 AM
Defensive Line play has improved across the board from last year. Even the performance at the DT position, while not as consistent as it needs to be, has improved considerably.

Give him another year. The performance of Tyler and McBride in their second NFL season will be the indicator if Krumrie can coach or not.

Mr. Laz
12-18-2007, 09:45 AM
meh

HemiEd
12-18-2007, 09:53 AM
At this point I don't really think its fair to evaluate some of these guys. The players have obviously quit.

I don't think they have sold out for Herm since day one.

Chief Faithful
12-18-2007, 09:57 AM
I still think Krumrie is the best coach on staff.

Short Leash Hootie
12-18-2007, 10:00 AM
why? Because he yells a lot?

If we're going to bash Herm, Solari and Gunther...why not bash Krumrie? We've drafted DL talent in early rounds two consecutive years and what has he done with them? Huh? Nothing.

Hali was a bust this year, Turk hasn't done shit, Tank hasn't done shit, those other guys aren't doing shit...Krumrie is as much of the problem as the rest of the staff.

Chiefnj2
12-18-2007, 10:05 AM

Shouldn't the coaches take some blame if players quit?

Short Leash Hootie
12-18-2007, 10:06 AM
lets fire the entire coaching staff, bring in new guys, a new front office, everything...and then lets do it all again when that staff/FO goes 3-13 next year as well!

OnTheWarpath58
12-18-2007, 10:14 AM

If we're going to bash Herm, Solari and Gunther...why not bash Krumrie? We've drafted DL talent in early rounds two consecutive years and what has he done with them? Huh? Nothing.

Hali was a bust this year, Turk hasn't done shit, Tank hasn't done shit, those other guys aren't doing shit...Krumrie is as much of the problem as the rest of the staff.

Your and idiot.

Hali a bust this year?

He has 6.5 sacks playing on a bad knee all year.

1.5 sacks less than his rookie year with 2 games to go.

Turk and Tank haven't played enough to be called busts.

But hey, bash away.

SNR
12-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Why the hell are we talking about Krumrie? If we replace him at coach the line will STILL suck because of the other tard coaches. It takes more than one skill position coach to progress a team along.

If the players have quit, it's HERM'S fault first and foremost. THEN we'll worry about the other coaches. And even then, there are a couple offensive coaches as well as the LB coach I would take out before I worry about upgrading over Krumrie.

StcChief
12-18-2007, 11:26 AM
IS he blocking and tackling. players quit

Chief Faithful
12-18-2007, 12:18 PM

Sometimes anger clouds a persons vision of things both good and bad. If you could clear the anger from your mind it is easy to see Krumrie is a cut above the rest.

The previous DLine staff ran the players through drills, but didn't get down in the dirt and really teach them how to play the game instead players had to learn on their own. Krumrie is an over-achiever who knows how the game is played and he is teaching it to his players. That is why he should be kept.

His practices are much more than yelling. He teaches the players how to use their hands and he works it hard. The difference between the college game and the NFL is hand technique. He gets down on the ground with them and pushes them teaching proper technique with intensity and speed. Krumrie is the best coach on the staff.

Hali is no more a bust than Allen was his second year. Do you remember Allen getting benched because he was so bad at defending the run? Allen is now a complete player. Hali is way ahead of where Allen was his second year against the run and almost equal in pass rushing. There is nothing about Hali that is a bust.

Using Tank and Turk as rational to say Krumrie is a bad coach is ridiculous. They are performing well for rookies. They may not develop into pro-bowlers, but if anyone can teach them to step up their game next year it is Krumrie.

No matter how bad things look to you it is foolish to think everyone sucks both coaches and players.

Chiefnj2
12-18-2007, 12:23 PM
Using Tank and Turk as rational to say Krumrie is a bad coach is ridiculous. They are performing well for rookies.

That is a lie. How is Tank performing well for a rookie? How many tackles does he have this year?

CupidStunt
12-18-2007, 12:32 PM
Allen's disappeared lately and does it all too often, Hali's an equally impressive magician and Ron Edwards is the most impressive 330lb. waste of space I've ever seen. Krumrie was given two new toys to play with at Christmas in April and he hasn't even taken the packaging off.

Get him the f**k outta here along with Herm, Solari, Gun and Carl and every other saggy-sacked coach in KC.

CupidStunt
12-18-2007, 12:35 PM

I agree.

Krumie won the gold medal in the Chiefs Coaching Olympics -- the NFL's version of the Special Olympics.

MOhillbilly
12-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Sometimes anger clouds a persons vision of things both good and bad. If you could clear the anger from your mind it is easy to see Krumrie is a cut above the rest.

The previous DLine staff ran the players through drills, but didn't get down in the dirt and really teach them how to play the game instead players had to learn on their own. Krumrie is an over-achiever who knows how the game is played and he is teaching it to his players. That is why he should be kept.

His practices are much more than yelling. He teaches the players how to use their hands and he works it hard. The difference between the college game and the NFL is hand technique. He gets down on the ground with them and pushes them teaching proper technique with intensity and speed. Krumrie is the best coach on the staff.

Hali is no more a bust than Allen was his second year. Do you remember Allen getting benched because he was so bad at defending the run? Allen is now a complete player. Hali is way ahead of where Allen was his second year against the run and almost equal in pass rushing. There is nothing about Hali that is a bust.

Using Tank and Turk as rational to say Krumrie is a bad coach is ridiculous. They are performing well for rookies. They may not develop into pro-bowlers, but if anyone can teach them to step up their game next year it is Krumrie.

No matter how bad things look to you it is foolish to think everyone sucks both coaches and players.

i can see it you can see it cut through the haze!

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2007, 12:43 PM
That is a lie. How is Tank performing well for a rookie? How many tackles does he have this year?

Can't look it up yourself?

I posted the numbers yesterday in another thread.

Tank Tyler has 8 tackles in 13 games, 5 solo.

Turk McBride has 10 tackes (7 solo) and 1 sack in 14 games.

Alfonso Boone has 20 tackles in 15 games and 1 sack.

Ron Edwards has 20 tackles in 15 games and 3 sacks.

So while their numbers aren't as high as the veterans, they're only playing part-time and certainly putting in nearly the minutes as Boone & Edwards. But IMO, they're doing "okay" and will only improve. It's not like either guy has hit his peak.

Chief Faithful
12-18-2007, 12:55 PM

What did you expect from Tank? He is a third round pick playing in the DT rotation and holding his own. That is good for a rookie who does not even have a full season under his belt.

Chiefnj2
12-18-2007, 01:10 PM
It's not like either guy has hit his peak.
You better hope not. Even Herm is afraid to play the guys in what Herm called close games. Turk and Tank can't even get a vote of confidence from the coach that drafted them.

Mecca
12-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Krumrie isn't a good coach unless you like guys that yell and don't wear sleeves when it's cold.

A good friend of mine is a Bills fan and told me that when we hired him. He's not a good coach..he also his this corny way of evaluating lineman. He's always loved Ron Edwards and gets teams to use picks on guys because they are good at his slap fight test...ask Buffalo how Tim Anderson worked out for them...

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2007, 01:28 PM
You better hope not. Even Herm is afraid to play the guys in what Herm called close games. Turk and Tank can't even get a vote of confidence from the coach that drafted them.

What the f*ck ever.

Since when are second and third round defensive lineman supposed to break-out in their rookie years? Seriously?

If you're going to claim that they're not living up to expectations, why don't you provide some examples of players chosen in those rounds respectively as proof of your claims?

I'm really tired of the bullsh*t statements around here, especially when no proof is ever offered to back up these ridiculous claims.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2007, 01:29 PM
Krumrie isn't a good coach unless you like guys that yell and don't wear sleeves when it's cold.

A good friend of mine is a Bills fan and told me that when we hired him. He's not a good coach..he also his this corny way of evaluating lineman. He's always loved Ron Edwards and gets teams to use picks on guys because they are good at his slap fight test...ask Buffalo how Tim Anderson worked out for them...

You're SUCH a friggin' resident genius. It's AMAZING that you aren't a consultant to NFL teams.

:shake: :shake: :shake:

trndobrd
12-18-2007, 02:24 PM
You're SUCH a friggin' resident genius. It's AMAZING that you aren't a consultant to NFL teams.

:shake: :shake: :shake:

FWIW, his good friend who is a Bills fan would be the genius.

Mecca
12-18-2007, 04:26 PM
Wow I can't have an opinion anymore?

Yes obviously we have a staff of outstanding coaches that really know what they're doing topped off with great young personnel, keep living in that dream world.

Phobia
12-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Based on what I've observed at practices, Krumrie is the best teacher on the staff and puts his players through the most intense drills. If his guys aren't developing into at least serviceable rotation players, it's through no fault of his.

LOCOChief
12-18-2007, 04:34 PM
I was just talkin to the guy next door here in Soutwest FL and he was braggin about the bucs clinchin the div and their chances in the playoffs looking good with a second ranked D primarily because of their front four rotation. And then he said it...."they have this Sims guy, he's an animal" I was done visiting at that point.

Iowanian
12-18-2007, 04:47 PM
How often do Rookie Defensive Linemen make an impact? The USUALLY struggle, and a lot of times 2nd year players regress.

How did Mario Williams work out last year for the Texans? This year, they added a first round Rookie we all drooled over pre-draft. Okoye has 30 tackles and 5.5 sacks, next to the top pick in last year's draft. Williams, in his 2nd year has 13, a significant improvement.

Hali, whom some of you suggest "sucks" now....is 3rd in sacks among 2nd year players, last year's "why didn't we draft him, Mark Anderson.

If one wants to look at stats for defensive impact....it appears to me that 1st and 2nd year LBs are making significant impacts....Patrick Willis, Demecco Ryans, Harris and others are all at the top of the league in Tackles.

I think Krumrie deserves another year to work with these young Dlinemen.....unless the entire staff is gutted. I'm I'm dumping 6 coaches....he's not one of them yet.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2007, 04:52 PM
How often do Rookie Defensive Linemen make an impact? The USUALLY struggle, and a lot of times 2nd year players regress.

How did Mario Williams work out last year for the Texans? This year, they added a first round Rookie we all drooled over pre-draft. Okoye has 30 tackles and 5.5 sacks, next to the top pick in last year's draft. Williams, in his 2nd year has 13, a significant improvement.

Hali, whom some of you suggest "sucks" now....is 3rd in sacks among 2nd year players, last year's "why didn't we draft him, Mark Anderson.

If one wants to look at stats for defensive impact....it appears to me that 1st and 2nd year LBs are making significant impacts....Patrick Willis, Demecco Ryans, Harris and others are all at the top of the league in Tackles.

I think Krumrie deserves another year to work with these young Dlinemen.....unless the entire staff is gutted. I'm I'm dumping 6 coaches....he's not one of them yet.

Oooooooohhhhh. Facts and factual examples.

You MUST work for the Chiefs. :p

Iowanian
12-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Lets not forget that Hali also has 2 FF this season, with a handful of near misses with that tamba Hawk chop.

Considering he has played with an injury the entire season, and if there were another option, he'd have sat out through week 3 to heal......I think he's done pretty well.

Ryan Sims had 9 tackles this season for Tampa....9.
McBride has 10, plus a sack and Tyler has 8.

They're both going to make a jump next season...wait and see. Hali will make a bigger jump in production in his 3rd year, especially healthy.

Mecca
12-18-2007, 05:16 PM
I don't think Hali sucks....I also don't think he should be trumped up either. He's producing at about what you'd expect where he was drafted and all that.

Like I've said before I think most of his years will be similar to his rookie year stat lines.

Coach
12-18-2007, 05:19 PM
I don't think Hali sucks....I also don't think he should be trumped up either. He's producing at about what you'd expect where he was drafted and all that.

Like I've said before I think most of his years will be similar to his rookie year stat lines.

At least he's a hell of a improvement over Eric "When in doubt, run towards the playaction and hope that the linebacker cover your ass" Hicks.

Mecca
12-18-2007, 05:21 PM
At least he's a hell of a improvement over Eric "When in doubt, run towards the playaction and hope that the linebacker cover your ass" Hicks.

Sure but better than awful doesn't equal great.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-18-2007, 05:30 PM
I was just talkin to the guy next door here in Soutwest FL and he was braggin about the bucs clinchin the div and their chances in the playoffs looking good with a second ranked D primarily because of their front four rotation. And then he said it...."they have this Sims guy, he's an animal" I was done visiting at that point.

That guy IS an animal. Check out his stats this year.

Stat Overview Tackles Misc Interceptions
SPLIT TOT SOLO AST SACK STF STFY FF BK INT YDS AVG LNG TD PD
2007 9 6 3 0.0 3 4 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0

9 tackles all year. 6 all by his self.

Coach
12-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Sure but better than awful doesn't equal great.

Once the Chiefs decide to draft a stud DT, then the DE's will benefit greatly becuase of it.

DaWolf
12-18-2007, 06:23 PM
I'm ready for us to hire coaches with brains. Hiring Dumbther and his goons, who rely more on passion and energy than actual technique, has really been a detriment to this team.

Dumbther's defenses ALWAYS get burned for big plays and the only way his defense works is if they force turnovers. It's rarely been about playing fundamentally sound football and getting the team three and out. It's been about creating the big turnover. And that's just not going to cut it anymore...

Chief Faithful
12-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Based on what I've observed at practices, Krumrie is the best teacher on the staff and puts his players through the most intense drills. If his guys aren't developing into at least serviceable rotation players, it's through no fault of his.

Exactly, just observe his practices and if you know anything about the craft of coaching in Krumrie you see a good coach.

I've been coached and schooled by several Olympic coaches on how to coach. This was not a school on how to play soccer this was a school on how to coach soccer by the best coaches in America. Most of the principles of how to be a good coach I have seen with my own eyes in coach Krumrie. The guy knows what he is doing and is doing a good job. I cannot say the same for all the coaches on the staff.

The drills that most impress me are the hand technique drills. He does not run drills from a book instead he has drills created from what looks to be his own personal experience on the field. He does it just as a good coach should by teaching the technique then practicing the technique with progressions that increase intensity, pace, while reducing space. In time I expect to see his players become masters at using their hands.

Krumrie is the best coach on the staff based on what I know and have witnessed.

Count Zarth
02-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Krumrie is still an employee of the Kansas City Chiefs.

MECCA WRONG?

Frankie
02-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Is it him, or his players? Either way, I wouldn't miss him.

It's him. I really think we have more talent on the D-line than we have been showing.

Coogs
02-06-2009, 08:39 PM

Can't imagine this joker lasting too much longer with the Chiefs. I believe Haley said he was going back to Pheonix for the weekend, then Monday going to work on the staff. So sometime early next week he should be sent packing.

Ari Chi3fs
02-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Die Krumrie Die.

Frazod
02-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Mecca certainly called this one. Nice bump.

Krumrie can go choke on a bag of dicks. 4321

JuicesFlowing
02-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Krumrie could very well run through Hell wearing a gasoline suit, but his D-Line wasn't good, so I don't give a shit.

Darth CarlSatan
02-06-2009, 09:37 PM
FUCK NO, and never have been.

Get that bag of hot ass-gas the HELL AWAY from my team! :cuss:

Frankie
02-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Die Krumrie Die.

Hey that rhymes. :thumb:

smittysbar
02-06-2009, 11:57 PM

HOLY SHIT!!!! MAGIC 8 BALL?????

L.A. Chieffan
02-07-2009, 12:27 AM
why suck off mecca so much. my grandma coulda told you krumrye sucked a year ago bfd

Mecca
02-07-2009, 12:29 AM
Well hey that's better than when they all say I'm wrong...

smittysbar
02-07-2009, 12:52 AM
why suck off mecca so much. my grandma coulda told you krumrye sucked a year ago bfd

I guess your grandma should start posting, so I can suck her off.

Frankie
02-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Well hey that's better than when they all say I'm wrong...

It's NOT better. You are wrong again.

milkman
02-07-2009, 10:18 AM
It's NOT better. You are wrong again.

So you like Krumrie?

Frankie
02-07-2009, 10:27 AM
So you like Krumrie?

Have you read any of my posts? Did you read my reply to Mecca? Where did you get that connection?:shake:

milkman
02-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Have you read any of my posts? Did you read my reply to Mecca? Where did you get that connection?:shake:

Yes, I did read your earlier posts, but I didn't remember them.

I get that connection because people were giving mecca credit for being right about Krumrie, in that he siad last year when this thread was created that Krumrie was not a good coach.

You then spouted off that mecca was wrong again.

Frankie
02-07-2009, 12:44 PM
You then spouted off that mecca was wrong again.

Did you figure out what I was saying he was wrong about?

Micjones
02-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Krumrie was maybe the worst coach on this team next to Mike Priefer.

JASONSAUTO
02-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Krumrie was maybe the worst coach on this team next to Mike Priefer.

nope herm was the worst. without him they would all have not been here

orange
02-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Mecca certainly called this one. Nice bump.

Krumrie can go choke on a bag of dicks. 4321

Sorry, but you must give credit where it is due. HOOTIE called this one. I know that's going to be a hard pill for a lot of you to swallow.

Darth CarlSatan
02-07-2009, 01:18 PM
The only two worth keeping were the first two out the door.

SCORCH THE EARTH.

unothadeal
02-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Once the Chiefs decide to draft a stud DT, then the DE's will benefit greatly becuase of it.

Really?