PDA

View Full Version : Are people still happy with the quality of Wargarbage Illustrated's propaganda?

KCChiefsFan88
12-18-2007, 01:50 PM
I actually would like to see how much further they can insert themselves up Dictator Carl's behind.

It could be a race up the anus between them and the kcchiefs.com propagandists.

|Zach|
12-18-2007, 01:52 PM
Maybe you are taking all the media outlets too seriously?

StcChief
12-18-2007, 03:23 PM
that site still exists?

Cochise
12-18-2007, 03:39 PM
I think WPI is more of a fan fiction site. You shouldn't take it so seriously.

Adept Havelock
12-18-2007, 03:56 PM
I think WPI is more of a fan fiction site. You shouldn't take it so seriously.

True, but the "slash" Carl/Herm stories that Gochiefs wrote make me want to unplug from the internet forever.

Count Alex's Wins
12-18-2007, 04:53 PM
I actually would like to see how much further they can insert themselves up Dictator Carl's behind.

It could be a race up the anus between them and the kcchiefs.com propagandists.

KCChiefsfan88,

I want you to read this article carefully. Do you really think it is propaganda?

http://kan.scout.com/2/711276.html

Now read this one. Do you really think it is propaganda?

http://kan.scout.com/2/710258.html

Now read this one. Propaganda?

http://kan.scout.com/2/706800.html

Another one for you. Is this really propaganda?

http://kan.scout.com/2/703601.html

Just some food for thought. Let me know what you think.

Fruit Ninja
12-18-2007, 04:55 PM
The only thing WPI is good for is the boomer show. its pretty funny

The Bad Guy
12-18-2007, 04:56 PM
I think you are overly obsessed with that shitbag publication.

Phobia
12-18-2007, 05:07 PM
I think it depends on the writer. Athan rarely says anything negative by my observation, so I guess your claims could be accurate if his work is your measuring stick. I think a couple others are reasonably critical.

Count Alex's Wins
12-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Athan rarely says anything negative by my observation

He's been pretty harsh on Mike Solari this year. He called him a "lame-duck OC." ROFL

Ari ümlaüt
12-18-2007, 05:20 PM
He's been pretty harsh on Mike Solari this year. He called him a "lame-duck OC." ROFL

He should be called scape-goat OC. As he will most likely be the only changes in the Chiefs this offseason.

Athan is a douche.

Count Alex's Wins
12-21-2007, 09:05 PM
I am still waiting for an answer, KCChiefsfan88.

Simply Red
12-21-2007, 09:21 PM
Don't care either way. Hell, if somebody is smart enough to make money. Let them... It's America! Jesus!

KCChiefsFan88
12-22-2007, 02:07 PM
KCChiefsfan88,
Just some food for thought. Let me know what you think.

It is half-hearted... at best. You are trying too hard to straddle the line between CAUTIOUS criticism and still being able to stay on the good side of the Chiefs' organization.

If you want to be a LEGIT body of journalism covering the Chiefs you should detail the fact the Chiefs are up there with the likes of Detoilet and Cincy as having he longest playoff win droughts in the league. You should detail how horrible the Hunt's have been, in terms of a commitment to winning a Super Bowl. You should show in GRAPHIC detail how Herm Edwards in two short seasons has destroyed this franchise.

Your entity have access to interview the key players over at One Arrowhead Drive involved in the Chiefs downfall yet I NEVER see the tough questions that every fan WANTS asked and deserves an answer about asked.

The Wargarbage Illustrated puff-piece interview with Clark Hunt was the biggest piece of garbage I have ever seen. Why not ask him about why he has chosen to stick with a GM who has failed to produce a playoff win in 14 years... has been the GM for the only team in the AFC West who has failed to advance to the Super Bowl during his time in KC and why as the owner does Clark Hunt allow Carl Peterson to harass fans and media through the likes of Rufus Dawes and other elements of his propaganda machine.

Count Alex's Wins
12-22-2007, 02:09 PM
It is half-hearted... at best. You are trying too hard to straddle the line between CAUTIOUS criticism and still being able to stay on the good side of the Chiefs' organization.

So basically you admit that the original premise of this thread is complete bullshit. Thanks.

KCChiefsFan88
12-22-2007, 02:16 PM
So basically you admit that the original premise of this thread is complete bullshit. Thanks.

Actually it is valid because you try to balance your cautious, very weak criticism of the Chiefs with propaganda puff-pieces such as Athan's interview with Clark Hunt (i.e. Athan proclaiming that Clark Hunt was "LUCKY" to have Dictator Carl as a GM).

The Chiefs deserve 100% full force criticism now and your entity would rather do about 10% criticism and the rest puff pieces to stay in good and keep your access with the Chiefs organization. Sure it may get you interviews with Clark Hunt, but it completely destroys your journalistic credibility in the eyes of the fans.

Skip Towne
If you're expecting any journalism out of WPI forget it. It is run by a bunch of dropouts. You'd be better off subscribing to the "newspaper" my neighborhood kids put out and sell for a nickel.

Count Alex's Wins
Actually it is valid

Comparing us to KcChiefs.com is not valid. End of discussion.

banyon
12-22-2007, 02:18 PM

Good rebuttal. :spock:

|Zach|
12-22-2007, 02:23 PM
If you're expecting any journalism out of WPI forget it. It is run by a bunch of dropouts. You'd be better off subscribing to the "newspaper" my neighborhood kids put out and sell for a nickel.
Your neighborhood kids put out a newspaper and sell it by the nickel?

KCChiefsFan88
12-22-2007, 02:23 PM

You both are similar. You'll see the same weak attempts from kcchiefs.com to be critical of the Chiefs, with their motive being they want to create the illusion that they aren't just a glorified enema for Dictator Carl. Of course this usually fails in the eyes of the fans, but this is their objective.

Wargarbage Illustrated's objective is slightly different... you want to keep your level of access with the Chiefs' organization, so you water down your criticism and make sure to mix in plenty of propaganda puff-pieces but ultimately your product is similar to the crap being produced by kcchiefs.com in the eyes of the fans.

Count Alex's Wins
12-22-2007, 02:28 PM
plenty of propaganda puff-pieces

Link to one. Find it. You can't. There's nothing on our website that comes remotely close to propaganda. You won't find anything saying CARL IS GREAT or FANS ARE STUPID MORONS.

We don't attempt to cast the Chiefs in a false light. After every loss, Mike Nugent usually destroys them with his grades. After the Denver loss, a graphic appeared on the website with the words CRUSHED. I ripped Gunther to shreds last week, and Nick implied that Carl was on his way out in another article.

Saying we attempt to insert ourselves up Carl's behind is PURE ****ING BULLSHIT.

Count Alex's Wins
12-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Does this sound like we're trying to impress anyone at One Arrowhead Drive?

Tynes’ pink slip was as good as signed the day the Chiefs drafted Justin Medlock. At the time, this move looked like an upgrade. It blew up in Carl Peterson’s face.

Skip Towne
12-22-2007, 02:36 PM
Does this sound like we're trying to impress anyone at One Arrowhead Drive?
Oh, how scathing! You're full of shit.

banyon
12-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Chiefs Have Turned A Corner Premium Story

By Nick Athan
Warpaint Illustrated Publisher
Date: Oct 30, 2007

If the Green Bay Packers want to replicate the overtime success they experienced in Denver Monday night, they’ll need to play their best game of the season this weekend against the Chiefs....

Chiefs Find Identity on Offense

By John Viril
Warpaint Illustrated Columnist
Posted Oct 5, 2007

...Now that offensive coordinator Mike Solari knows what he has on offense, there are no more excuses. Solari must continue to mix up his play calls and instruct Huard to throw the ball to Gonzalez and Bowe at critical moments? even if they are covered. If he continues with this strategy, this team has a good chance to win the AFC West

Air Herm Has Arrived

By C.E. Wendler
Posted Oct 2, 2007

The Chiefs are no longer afraid. Take a bow, Herm Edwards. You no longer play “not to lose.”...

...So, is the change for real? Will Edwards, Solari and Curl keep their foot on the accelerator? Chiefs fans can only hope, but with six of their next eight games scheduled inside Arrowhead Stadium, KC’s offense has no reason to be scared of anyone...

...With the likely return of Eddie Kennison, Edwards and company will have another weapon at their disposal in the passing game. Surely they’ll find a way to use it. Judging by Tuesday’s press conference, the Chiefs are thinking that way.

“It helps you offensively when you have a three-prong offense, in my opinion,” said Edwards. “You’ve got three guys who can make plays for you when they touch the ball. Now, it’s just a matter of orchestrating how we get them the ball.”

Air Herm is flying, and it’s time to hit the afterburners. No fear.

Listen carefully, and you can almost hear the theme song from Top Gun blaring in your ears. And Dwayne Bowe can be Huard’s wingman any day.

BigChiefFan
12-22-2007, 02:41 PM

If you want to be a LEGIT body of journalism covering the Chiefs you should detail the fact the Chiefs are up there with the likes of Detoilet and Cincy as having he longest playoff win droughts in the league. You should detail how horrible the Hunt's have been, in terms of a commitment to winning a Super Bowl. You should show in GRAPHIC detail how Herm Edwards in two short seasons has destroyed this franchise.

Your entity have access to interview the key players over at One Arrowhead Drive involved in the Chiefs downfall yet I NEVER see the tough questions that every fan WANTS asked and deserves an answer about asked.

The Wargarbage Illustrated puff-piece interview with Clark Hunt was the biggest piece of garbage I have ever seen. Why not ask him about why he has chosen to stick with a GM who has failed to produce a playoff win in 14 years... has been the GM for the only team in the AFC West who has failed to advance to the Super Bowl during his time in KC and why as the owner does Clark Hunt allow Carl Peterson to harass fans and media through the likes of Rufus Dawes and other elements of his propaganda machine.
Good post. I agree, the fans deserve some answers to those questions, yet Carl gets a free pass.

Count Alex's Wins
12-22-2007, 02:45 PM
Chiefs Have Turned A Corner Premium Story

By Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan
Warpaint Illustrated Publisher
Date: Oct 30, 2007

If the Green Bay Packers want to replicate the overtime success they experienced in Denver Monday night, they’ll need to play their best game of the season this weekend against the Chiefs....

Chiefs Find Identity on Offense

By John Viril
Posted Oct 5, 2007

...Now that offensive coordinator Mike Solari knows what he has on offense, there are no more excuses. Solari must continue to mix up his play calls and instruct Huard to throw the ball to Gonzalez and Bowe at critical moments? even if they are covered. If he continues with this strategy, this team has a good chance to win the AFC West

Air Herm Has Arrived

By C.E. Wendler
Posted Oct 2, 2007

The Chiefs are no longer afraid. Take a bow, Herm Edwards. You no longer play “not to lose.”...

...So, is the change for real? Will Edwards, Solari and Curl keep their foot on the accelerator? Chiefs fans can only hope, but with six of their next eight games scheduled inside Arrowhead Stadium, KC’s offense has no reason to be scared of anyone...

...With the likely return of Eddie Kennison, Edwards and company will have another weapon at their disposal in the passing game. Surely they’ll find a way to use it. Judging by Tuesday’s press conference, the Chiefs are thinking that way.

“It helps you offensively when you have a three-prong offense, in my opinion,” said Edwards. “You’ve got three guys who can make plays for you when they touch the ball. Now, it’s just a matter of orchestrating how we get them the ball.”

Air Herm is flying, and it’s time to hit the afterburners. No fear.

Listen carefully, and you can almost hear the theme song from Top Gun blaring in your ears. And Dwayne Bowe can be Huard’s wingman any day.

Weak examples. Being wrong is not the same thing as writing propaganda. Just because something happens to be positive does not indicate propaganda. There is good and bad in any season.

You conveniently left out the article where I criticized the Chiefs after a win, by the way.

Cochise
12-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Air Herm! LMAO

Man, this week's game will be a barnburner Air Herm going up against Al Saunders and his Detroit Lions

chiefforlife
12-22-2007, 02:48 PM
I dont see how any of those would be considered propaganda. At the time we were in 1st place of the AFCW and everyone thought we had turned a corner.

I think they do walk a fine line at WPI and have to, to keep access to the team.

Most articles are critical of areas that need criticism. I personally think Nick is to soft on Herm. Nick has said there is more to the story and it will be explained after the season, so Im willing to wait and see.

No one should be compared to the horrible writing that comes out of kcchiefs.com except for maybe Carl himself.

Count Alex's Wins
12-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Air Herm! LMAO

Man, this week's game will be a barnburner Air Herm going up against Al Saunders and his Detroit Lions

Don't be stupid. That article didn't mean to imply that we had some sort of dynamic passing attack. The whole thing was tongue-in-cheek praise.

BigChiefFan
12-22-2007, 02:53 PM
WPI=weak Peterson interns

Phobia
12-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Am I happy? Meh. I'm ambivalent. But it sure does make me look like a genius for bailing off the ship.

chiefforlife
12-22-2007, 03:05 PM
I guess Im not seeing what you guys are, Im a premium member and read every article posted. As I stated the only soft stance I see is the one Nick takes on Herm. Carl has been dressed down many times, Solari, even Gunther. Herm has taken his lumps, not by Nick but by others.

I think the hate on this board for WPI, clouds opinions and distorts the facts.

Count Alex's Wins
12-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Am I happy? Meh. I'm ambivalent. But it sure does make me look like a genius for bailing off the ship.

LOL...not exactly.

BigChiefFan
12-22-2007, 03:15 PM
I would say WPI has a reputation for fluff pieces and ass-kissing, Athan style.

Cochise
12-22-2007, 03:16 PM
I guess Im not seeing what you guys are, Im a premium member and read every article posted. As I stated the only soft stance I see is the one Nick takes on Herm. Carl has been dressed down many times, Solari, even Gunther. Herm has taken his lumps, not by Nick but by others.

It's mostly got to do with having our own shill here crossposting everything and all their spectacular errors in the past. And the errors, it seems, are always in the Chiefs favor. When they are wrong, it mostly seems to be something that would have been positive. Rose-colored glasses reporting. See: preseason tripe about how our offense was going to be OK.

banyon
12-22-2007, 03:17 PM
Pretty much those articles indicate that you guys are eager to slobber all over Carl and Herm's knob when things are going from even slightly mediocre to well. And now that it would be beyond ludicrous to praise this team, you guys criticize them in the mildest possible way to ensure continued access.

Phobia
12-22-2007, 03:21 PM

It stretches far beyond this board and maybe it's unfair even. But it didn't happen for no reason. People don't hate just to hate. Some of it is earned, no doubt. Have they improved? Absolutely? I've long felt that as long as Nick is at the forefront of that operation it will never experience anything but a modicum of success.

Valiant
12-22-2007, 03:38 PM
It stretches far beyond this board and maybe it's unfair even. But it didn't happen for no reason. People don't hate just to hate. Some of it is earned, no doubt. Have they improved? Absolutely? I've long felt that as long as Nick is at the forefront of that operation it will never experience anything but a modicum of success.

**** you phil and making me use a dictionary... Couldn't use small or mediocre had to bust out modicum..

To you use modicum when doing your Larry the Cable guy impersonation.. "Don't worry little lady, theres modicum..."

BAM....

Skip Towne
12-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Did anybody see where we are getting a first and a sixth for Trent Green?

chiefforlife
12-22-2007, 03:45 PM

I dont have an argument for that...Nick may be the Carl Peterson of WPI. hehe.

modicum? Broken down..mod I cum? was this a subliminal message?

Fly O.T. McWall
12-22-2007, 03:46 PM
to be fair, he actually called him a "laim-duk oh-see", but most of us know how to read past his poor grammar/spelling.

Skip Towne
12-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Athan is about as close to being a journalist as I am to being an astronaut.

Phobia
12-22-2007, 03:51 PM
I dont have an argument for that...Nick may be the Carl Peterson of WPI. hehe.

I'm not intending to crap all over Nick here, just explain the frustration of the current and former staff there. The only chance I ever saw for Warpaint to recover credibility was for Nick to take a back seat - which he agreed to do - and was a critical reason for me taking a gigantic risk. I don't even think he needed to give up the site, he just needs to take his name off the front door. He agrees and has indicated he will be doing this for the past 2 years. It ain't happening.

Finally, my ego allows me to admit that I shouldn't have been the face of that organization either. I was hoping one of the Mikes would have done it.

Skip Towne
12-22-2007, 03:53 PM
Has anybody got a pic of Nick? I'd like to see what the squirrel looks like.

Phobia
12-22-2007, 03:54 PM

He looks like a head on a stick.

StcChief
12-22-2007, 05:34 PM
He looks like a head on a stick.
has he ever sent you the $500 ? if not he's a true douche.

Phobia
12-22-2007, 05:59 PM
has he ever sent you the $500 ? if not he's a true douche.
He paid me a generous sum about 6 months ago. While it was significantly less than what was represented to me when I was recruited, it was certainly better than nothing. A "true douche" wouldn't have paid me at all.

BTW, the $500 was what I had already been paid for the year. This amount was much, much larger than that.

unothadeal
12-22-2007, 06:48 PM
http://www.inman.com/images/Nick_Athan.jpg
:shrug: Quick Yahoo! image search

Fly O.T. McWall
12-22-2007, 06:50 PM
http://www.inman.com/images/Nick_Athan.jpg
:shrug: Quick Yahoo! image search
that's him.

blueballs
12-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Eddie Drummon was fresh out of Detroit

Fly O.T. McWall
12-22-2007, 06:51 PM
did you get that from an m4m search on craigslist?

unothadeal
12-22-2007, 06:52 PM
did you get that from an m4m search on craigslist?
It said he's into honey covered "bears"

Fly O.T. McWall
12-22-2007, 06:55 PM
It said he's into honey covered "bears"
ROFL

Count Alex's Wins
12-22-2007, 07:41 PM
Pretty much those articles indicate that you guys are eager to slobber all over Carl and Herm's knob when things are going from even slightly mediocre to well.

I TOLD YOU: You conveniently left out the article where I criticized after a win.

Bill Parcells
12-22-2007, 07:59 PM
I TOLD YOU: You conveniently left out the article where I criticized after a win.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DwBirf4BWew&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DwBirf4BWew&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Count Alex's Wins
12-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Funny, Bill.

Skip Towne
12-22-2007, 08:07 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DwBirf4BWew&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DwBirf4BWew&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Very good, Bill.

banyon
12-22-2007, 08:14 PM

So, the exception proves the rule, big whoop.

Count Alex's Wins
12-22-2007, 08:15 PM
So, the exception proves the rule, big whoop.

There's definitely more than one exception.

banyon
12-22-2007, 08:20 PM
There's definitely more than one exception.

Great. So the overall trend I identified is correct then. Thanks for your verification.

Count Alex's Wins
12-22-2007, 08:21 PM
Great. So the overall trend I identified is correct then. Thanks for your verification.

You'd be hard pressed to find any media source covering the Chiefs that isn't positive after a win. Even Whitlock.

Positive /= propaganda

I picked the Chiefs to lose quite a bit this year, BTW. If we were interested in propaganda you'd see the opposite.

Cochise
12-22-2007, 08:24 PM
You'd be hard pressed to find any media source covering the Chiefs that isn't positive after a win. Even Whitlock.

Positive /= propaganda

I picked the Chiefs to lose quite a bit this year, BTW. If we were interested in propaganda you'd see the opposite.

it's !=

Phobia
12-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Let's be honest. You're not WPI. Mike wasn't WPI. Other Mike wasn't WPI. Phil wasn't WPI.

Nick is WPI and he's overwhelmingly pro-Chiefs. I'm glad we could get to the heart of the matter.

Count Alex's Wins
12-22-2007, 08:27 PM
Let's be honest. You're not WPI. Mike wasn't WPI. Other Mike wasn't WPI. Phil wasn't WPI.

Nick is WPI and he's overwhelmingly pro-Chiefs. I'm glad we could get to the heart of the matter.

I'd agree with that, but others unfortunately do not.

Fly O.T. McWall
12-22-2007, 08:27 PM

he's the anti-jack harry.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Considering I have never read anything from WPI (knowingly), I can't really have any opinion about it.

However, knowing they use Goatse as one of their reporters tells me all I need to know about it.

Steamboat Springs
12-22-2007, 09:17 PM
I will order a subscription to WPI tonight if fatso can tell me who the Kansas City Chiefs Pro Bowl alternates are.

Count Alex's Wins
12-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Considering I have never read anything from WPI (knowingly), I can't really have any opinion about it.

Go read the Jared Allen thread.

Steamboat Springs
12-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Go read the Jared Allen thread.

Who are the Kansas City Chiefs Pro Bowl alternates? Do your ****in job! WPI is worthless.

Count Alex's Wins
12-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Who are the Kansas City Chiefs Pro Bowl alternates? Do your ****in job! WPI is worthless.

I wouldn't tell you for a million dollars.

Bill Parcells
12-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Would you tell Nick Athan?

Bill Parcells
12-22-2007, 09:41 PM
Would you tell Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan?
ROFL

I didn't type that! it's in the filter! hahaha! ROFL

Steamboat Springs
12-22-2007, 09:44 PM

You don't know, tubbo.

Skip Towne
12-22-2007, 09:45 PM

However, knowing they use Goatse as one of their reporters tells me all I need to know about it.
Hey, he's their editor!!! He boasted earlier this evening how he would keep a certain piece off of WPI. They are in worse shape than you thought.