PDA

View Full Version : Kansas-Ga Tech Game Thread

DaKCMan AP
12-18-2007, 06:04 PM
Jesus ****ing Christ, what is the point of ESPNHD if they don't broadcast the ****ing games in HD? :cuss:

CoMoChief
12-18-2007, 06:10 PM
Kaun, you dumbass you can't sit down in the paint for a ****in year and not move.

CoMoChief
12-18-2007, 06:13 PM
WTF is Kaun starting over Arthur when GT is the most athletic team KU has faced this season?

CoMoChief
Nice strong finish by Jackson. Kaun would have missed that horribly.

Bump
why the hell is Kaun starting over Arthur? anybody know? I haven't heard of any injury, if this is some brilliant idea that Bill Self had last night then that's pathetic.

CoMoChief
12-18-2007, 06:17 PM
why the hell is Kaun starting over Arthur? anybody know? I haven't heard of any injury, if this is some brilliant idea that Bill Self had last night then that's pathetic.
Me neither. This is a horrible coaching move (why anyone would start Kaun anyway I have not a clue) by Self considering Gtech's athleticism.

Saulbadguy
12-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Georgia Tech sucks. KU should win this one running away.

the Talking Can
12-18-2007, 06:31 PM
Arthur started, we got a lead

Arthur got 2 quick fouls, got benched, we lost lead

the Talking Can
12-18-2007, 06:34 PM
HOLY SHIITE

CHALMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CoMoChief
12-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Kaun sucks and is getting dominated on the boards. Kaun can't box out worth a shit.

He should have had a jam, but nope he has ****ing hands of stone and can't ever take in an entry pass down low. Instead he bobbles it and he gets fouled instead, losing the momentum this team could have gained off of a dunk like that. He has literally no post presence at all. Sometimes I really wonder if he even knows what the **** he's doing out there.

**** YOU KAUN!!!!

HemiEd
12-18-2007, 06:59 PM
He got it 6/8 the way down the floor! ROFL

Pablo
12-18-2007, 06:59 PM
CoMo Chief..shut the f*ck up about Kaun.

You're nearly as annoying as Reerun is about Herm or ChiefsFan1963 is about DV.

BigVE
12-18-2007, 07:13 PM
He got it 6/8 the way down the floor! ROFL

What a brilliant statement/observation by the commentator. LMAO

Skip Towne
12-18-2007, 07:21 PM
CoMo Chief..shut the f*ck up about Kaun.

You're nearly as annoying as Reerun is about Herm or ChiefsFan1963 is about DV.
Nearly? They are the two lowest IQ's on the Planet.

Lzen
12-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Jesus ****ing Christ, what is the point of ESPNHD if they don't broadcast the ****ing games in HD? :cuss:

No doubt. Those cheap bastards. Same thing last Saturday.

HemiEd
12-18-2007, 07:24 PM
What a brilliant statement/observation by the commentator. LMAO

I caught myself wondering which school he attended. :)

Lzen
12-18-2007, 07:27 PM
Kaun has played pretty well tonight. CoMo is an idiot.

Pablo
12-18-2007, 07:27 PM
Kaun has played pretty well tonight. CoMo is an idiot.He only has 4 blocks..most bigs would have at least 7 by now./CoMoChief

Skip Towne
12-18-2007, 07:28 PM
You noticed that too?

Skip Towne
12-18-2007, 07:29 PM
I caught myself wondering which school he attended. :)
I guess MU.

Lzen
12-18-2007, 07:29 PM
I really like how Stewart is playing this year. The guy is definitely not the most talented player. But he more than makes up for it with his hustle. Sometimes he makes a boneheaded play. But more often than not, he makes more plays to help his team win.

Lzen
12-18-2007, 07:31 PM
You noticed that too?

Still trying to figure out how you can be a MU football fan and a KU hoops fan. Isn't that asking for a rift in the space time continuum or something?

Skip Towne
12-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Still trying to figure out how you can be a MU football fan and a KU hoops fan. Isn't that asking for a rift in the space time continuum or something?
Saul nearly got laughed off the board for trying to do that.

KcMizzou
12-18-2007, 07:39 PM
Saul nearly got laughed off the board for trying to do that.That was KSU football and KU basketball.

This is even worse. LMAO

Lzen
12-18-2007, 07:44 PM
That was KSU football and KU basketball.

This is even worse. LMAO

Basically, the same things.

KcMizzou
12-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Basically, the same things.Is the KSU/KU rivalry as heated as MU/KU? I never realized that I guess, being an outsider.

I always got the feeling lots of Kansas people considered the "other" team their second favorite.

Pablo
12-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Is the KSU/KU rivalry as heated as MU/KU? I never realized that I guess, being an outsider.

I always got the feeling lots of Kansas people considered the "other" team their second favorite.

I dislike the Chargers.
I hate the Broncos, I hate the Raiders.

I dislike K-State.
I hate Mizzou.

Lzen
12-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Is the KSU/KU rivalry as heated as MU/KU? I never realized that I guess, being an outsider.

I think its about the same. However, some fans would disagree. I don't know. KSU is not my second favorite team by any means. I like to see them do well when it doesn't hurt KU, but that does not mean I really set out to catch their games.

chiefsfan987
12-18-2007, 07:55 PM
For me I don't even pay attention to KSU. Its like Baylor, if they win good for them, if they lose whatever. I highly dislike MU though.

Skip Towne
12-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Kaun is back in. I guess Self wants his best 5 players on the floor at crunch time.

chiefsfan987
KU isn't looking very good tonight. I wonder what the score would be if we weren't getting most of the calls like we are this evening.

Lzen
I can't stand MU, too. But I think that is because of a few of their fans that are obnoxious. KSU has those type of fans, as well. It's just that they have not had much to say in the past few years as KU has won 3 of 4 in football and in hoops, well, we all know how that has been.

DaKCMan AP
12-18-2007, 07:59 PM
A Corey Brewer mention :D

Lzen
12-18-2007, 08:00 PM
Boy, those GT fans boo a lot of stuff. Do they even understand the rules of college hoops?

Lzen
12-18-2007, 08:02 PM
KU isn't looking very good tonight. I wonder what the score would be if we weren't getting most of the calls like we are this evening.

If KU goes on to win, it will be because of their defense.

Lzen
12-18-2007, 08:03 PM
A Corey Brewer mention :D

Shuddap, Gator bitch!

:p

Lzen
12-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Ok, that wasn't a real smart play by Collins.

Lzen
12-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Ok, Collins. Make your free throws.

Lzen
12-18-2007, 08:16 PM
Made both. Collins is clutch.

KCFalcon59
12-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Defense Bitch

Skip Towne
12-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Kaun made 4 free throws.

Lzen
12-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Kansas survives. Wasn't pretty, but a win is a win. At least they didn't lost to Notre Dame. :D

chiefsfan987
12-18-2007, 08:22 PM
I know you can't play your A game every time out but I think we may be a tad over-rated at #3. That game shouldn't have been nearly the struggle that it was.

chiefsfan987
12-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Go Houston btw... I wonder how many more years it'll take KU to catch Kentucky in all time wins? I think we gained 10 games on them last year and they aren't playing well this season either.

Skip Towne
12-18-2007, 08:26 PM
I know you can't play your A game every time out but I think we may be a tad over-rated at #3. That game shouldn't have been nearly the struggle that it was.
KU was just a 10 point favorite. Shouldn't have blown a 13 point lead but GET OVER IT - ITS LIFE - IT HAPPENS. We need these type games to get us tourney tough.

ArrowheadHawk
12-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Nice game, hate to lose that lead but collins came up clutch.

chiefsfan987
12-18-2007, 08:30 PM
KU was just a 10 point favorite. Shouldn't have blown a 13 point lead but GET OVER IT - ITS LIFE - IT HAPPENS. We need these type games to get us tourney tough.

I wish KU would schedule more mid majors on the road in the early season, those are the real teams that give us trouble in the tournament.

NUKED
12-18-2007, 08:31 PM
j

Skip Towne
12-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Bye bye sucker.

ArrowheadHawk
12-18-2007, 08:38 PM
what happened to our thread?

chiefsfan987
12-18-2007, 08:39 PM
:shake:

Lzen
12-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Don't quote the moron. Geez, can't you guys read what morphius said ?

Lzen
12-18-2007, 08:40 PM
IP ban?

Saulbadguy
12-18-2007, 09:11 PM
Ok..this is good.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lto6Lr9t4h0

ROFL

Lzen
12-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Good acting. I knew Robinson was pretty good at a lot of things. :)

KcMizzou
12-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Ok..this is good.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lto6Lr9t4h0

ROFLLMAO

Wow... that might be the most obvious flop I've ever seen. The writhing in agony really sold it, too. :)

Skip Towne
12-18-2007, 09:25 PM
LMAO

Wow... that might be the most obvious flop I've ever seen. The writhing in agony really sold it, too. :)
With the MUrons it's ALWAYS the refs.

KcMizzou
12-18-2007, 09:28 PM
With the MUrons it's ALWAYS the refs.
:spock: Huh?

Where did I mention the refs? Do you disagree with what I posted?

Skip Towne
12-18-2007, 09:31 PM
:spock: Huh?

Where did I mention the refs? Do you disagree with what I posted?
It looked like to me he got an elbow to the throat. And yes, you indicated KU got an undeserved foul call. BY THE REFS.

KcMizzou
12-18-2007, 09:35 PM
It looked like to me he got an elbow to the throat. And yes, you indicated KU got an undeserved foul call. BY THE REFS.LMAO Wow. I'm not even sure what to say to that.

I don't care about the foul, didn't see the game. The kid flopped. It's no big deal, happens all the time. It's just so happens that this flop was painfully obvious.

I wasn't trying to bash KU.... don't get all riled up. It is what it is... that's all. :shrug:

ChiTown
12-18-2007, 09:36 PM
It looked like to me he got an elbow to the throat. And yes, you indicated KU got an undeserved foul call. BY THE REFS.

ROFL

Check your specs, gramps. geezus.

Spott
12-18-2007, 09:36 PM
On that video it looked like the elbow hit him about a foot below his throat around the sternum.

KcMizzou
12-18-2007, 09:38 PM
On that video it looked like the elbow hit him about a foot below his throat around the sternum.I contend that "hit" is too strong a word. "Tapped", or "touched" might be more appropriate.

Saulbadguy
12-18-2007, 09:39 PM
LMAO Wow. I'm not even sure what to say to that.

I don't care about the foul, didn't see the game. The kid flopped. It's no big deal, happens all the time. It's just so happens that this flop was painfully obvious.

I wasn't trying to bash KU.... don't get all riled up. It is what it is... that's all. :shrug:
Why do you even argue with him? I can't see what he is typing, but i'm guessing it's pretty LOLable.

Skip Towne
12-18-2007, 09:41 PM
I contend that "hit" is too strong a word. "Tapped", or "touched" might be more appropriate.
Yep, the refs are always against you.

KcMizzou
12-18-2007, 09:41 PM
Why do you even argue with him? I can't see what he is typing, but i'm guessing it's pretty LOLable.I honestly didn't intend to argue. I thought it was so obvious there was no argument to be had. :shrug:

KcMizzou
12-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Why do you even argue with him? I can't see what he is typing, but i'm guessing it's pretty LOLable.Skip believes he took an elbow to the throat.

Saulbadguy
12-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Skip believes he took an elbow to the throat.
I just thought it was a funny video - props to "russrob" for trying to sell that. I'd laugh my ass of if any player pulled that, even a KSU one.

Skip Towne
12-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Luckily we are very close to not hearing a word out of Saul or William for a good long time.

KcMizzou
12-18-2007, 09:50 PM
I just thought it was a funny video - props to "russrob" for trying to sell that. I'd laugh my ass of if any player pulled that, even a KSU one.It is.

My reaction would be to laugh and think, "Heh, nice try!" I honestly didn't realize they actually called a foul on the first watch. Skip brought that to my attention.

Saulbadguy
12-18-2007, 09:52 PM
It is.

My reaction would be to laugh and think, "Heh, nice try!" I honestly didn't realize they actually called a foul on the first watch. Skip brought that to my attention.
Did they call a foul on that, or the before that? Seems to me they called a foul before he flopped.

KcMizzou
12-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Did they call a foul on that, or the before that? Seems to me they called a foul before he flopped.Just watched it again, and I believe you're right.

Lzen
12-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Looking at that video, I thought it was pretty good acting the first time. But it is possible that a different angle might tell a different story. Either way, the GT player shouldn't be swinging his elbows like that. He was just asking for a call. Russ was probably mostly acting. But it is possible that the elbow hit him in just the right spot. Obviously, it wasn't falling on the floor writhing in pain foul.

Lzen
12-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Did they call a foul on that, or the before that? Seems to me they called a foul before he flopped.

Actually, I think that's right. Looks like they called the elbow that hit Darnell Jackson. That one looked a lot more vicious. And the funny thing is that Darnell didn't even flinch while Russ Rob probably just got nominated for an Oscar. ROFL

Mr. Laz
12-18-2007, 10:14 PM
this game is a good example of the fact that Bill Self is mediocre at best when it comes to court coaching.

went into a prevent offense at the 5 minute mark

the guard still almost refuse to look inside

we have virtually no set offensive plays

we still shoot like crap from the stripe even though we have the talent to do much better.

pathetic

Mr. Laz
12-18-2007, 10:16 PM
he played well defensively

offensively no of the big men did much because the guards almost refused to look inside.

chiefsfan987
12-18-2007, 10:22 PM

offensively no of the big men did much because the guards almost refused to look inside.

Kaun has played pretty solidly all season. Apparentally I'm not watching the same Kaun as CoMo is because the Sasha I'm watching is doing a great job. Hopefully he'll be able to keep it up all season because we'll need him to play like this later on in the year as the competition gets tougher. Does he miss some point blank shots under the basket? Sure he does, but so does everyone else on our team.

Mr. Laz
12-18-2007, 10:31 PM
Kaun has played pretty solidly all season. Apparentally I'm not watching the same Kaun as CoMo is because the Sasha I'm watching is doing a great job. Hopefully he'll be able to keep it up all season because we'll need him to play like this later on in the year as the competition gets tougher. Does he miss some point blank shots under the basket? Sure he does, but so does everyone else on our team.
He's works hard and tries to do the right stuff

most of his weakness are because he only played B-Ball for 2 years before coming to KU.

AggressiveNapkin
12-18-2007, 11:17 PM
this game is a good example of the fact that Bill Self is mediocre at best when it comes to court coaching.

went into a prevent offense at the 5 minute mark

the guard still almost refuse to look inside

we have virtually no set offensive plays

we still shoot like crap from the stripe even though we have the talent to do much better.

pathetic

Agree to an extent. Yeah Self did force our guys to slow it down a little bit, hoping that they would play smart in the final few minutes. I don't entirely blame him because if our guys had finished on some plays it wouldn't have been as much of an issue.

I think a lot of it was execution honestly. He drew up one play in the few remaining minutes which got Sherron a free throw line jumper. He just didn't convert. Other set plays got our guys good looks but they just couldn't finish.

I will agree though that the guys gotta look inside especially when the refs are calling ticky-tac fouls all night long. Although, I think that could have took the rythmn out of the big men a little bit when they are forced to go to the bench due to foul trouble.

The free throw shooting is disconcerting though...Chalmers and RR gotta make those free throws in the clutch

CoMoChief
12-18-2007, 11:19 PM

Kaun had trouble sealing men off. He does just about every game.

Jackson had trouble tonite too as well, usually he can post up pretty well though.

CoMoChief
12-18-2007, 11:22 PM
He's works hard and tries to do the right stuff

most of his weakness are because he only played B-Ball for 2 years before coming to KU.
Which is why he shouldn't start over Arthur or Jackson.

Mr. Laz
12-19-2007, 12:57 PM
Which is why he shouldn't start over Arthur or Jackson.
kaun was the leading scoring big man for us against GA Tech

made 6 or 7 from the free throw line ... 1 for 1 from the floor.

you're full of it

grandllamajr
12-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Rock Chalk Jayhawk biatch's"yes i know theres and a in there get over it"

HC_Chief
12-19-2007, 01:07 PM
PRACTICE FREE THROWS!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so f***ing sick of KU teams shooting poorly from the charity stripe. Fercrissakes we've lost NCAA championships because of that!! (see 20 missed FTs against Syracuse for recent proof)

Ceej
12-19-2007, 01:14 PM
We shot pretty well from the line majority of the night. Towards the end of the game, when it mattered the most we kinda pissed down our leg.

I'll take ANY win when Russell Robinson is our leading scorer and the game's on the road.

About RR's flop, you've not seen anything unless you watched a Duke game. Now those are pathetic flops, time and time again.

Skip Towne
12-19-2007, 01:15 PM
PRACTICE FREE THROWS!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so f***ing sick of KU teams shooting poorly from the charity stripe. Fercrissakes we've lost NCAA championships because of that!! (see 20 missed FTs against Syracuse for recent proof)
I always thought that was Roy's fault but North Carolina's starting 5 are averaging 75% from the line. Apparently Roy found the answer but Self hasn't. I would think practice would at least help.

Ceej
12-19-2007, 01:17 PM
I think one point we were at 15/20 - which is 75%, a bit better than our FT shooting as a team.

2 out of 5 down the stretch will not cut it. Glad RR showed up last night.

Ceej
12-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Also, if we're over-rated, who do you put above us?

As far as I'm concerned, Memphis is over-rated too. Time will tell when they play GTown.

HC_Chief
12-19-2007, 01:20 PM
I always thought that was Roy's fault but North Carolina's starting 5 are averaging 75% from the line. Apparently Roy found the answer but Self hasn't. I would think practice would at least help.

I don't think they practice it AT ALL as a team. Effing NCAA rules regarding allowable amount of practice time has dictated the trimming of "ancillary" aspects of the game, e.g. free throws. It's up to the players to practice that stuff on their own; outside the scope of "team practice". Problem is it appears the guys aren't doing that... haven't been doing that.

If I were coach and my team was flailing at the stripe, we'd dedicate an entire practice to it. EVERYONE hits ten in a row before practice ends. For every miss the entire team runs sprints; then the shooter starts over.

Ceej
12-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Oh, and Mario Chalmers FTW!!!1!!!!!!!!!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BgjTl2l_e5s&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BgjTl2l_e5s&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

HC_Chief
12-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Oh, and Mario Chalmers FTW!!!1!!!!!!!!!

That was impressive. :D

Ceej
12-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Chalmers and RR have shown a crazy leaping ability which they've not shown in the past couple of years.

That put back was disgusting. I'm just curious why Sherron hasn't tried to throw something down, I recall he tried once and missed it? But, we all know the guy has ups. Maybe, he's just hesitant, if he misses a dunk Self may pull him.

For instance (excuse the horrible audio)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kSicFi6r0BU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kSicFi6r0BU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Mr. Laz
12-19-2007, 01:42 PM
we have the talent to win a national championship

the question is whether or not we have the coaching