PDA

View Full Version : So how many read the great story about Delaney today in the Star?

tommykat
07-22-2001, 09:14 AM
What are your thoughts?
Personally I thought it was just wonderful!:D It tells the whole story of him and nice subtle jab at Lamar:p :p about not remembering Delaney at Arrowhead. I hope this helps our Foundation in Sept if not before...:) :D :cool: ;)

Herzig
07-22-2001, 09:53 AM
It was a great story, though it saddens me that our team has not taken care of the Delaneys. Adam and Alan have done a great job of keeping his memory and spreading the word. I really appreciate the hard work that they have done.

At the same time I feel really guilty that I have not done more to contribute to the Foundation, as I have been super busy becoming a first-time homeowner this summer(no excuse). We should all draw inspiration from this article and do what we can to help the cause.

alanm
07-22-2001, 10:34 AM
Greg, Adam and Alan C have done a tremendous job at keeping Joes memory alive and now the work is coming to fruitation. I too haven't been able to keep up this summer due to work and travel but as always stand ready to respond when called upon. I just wish I were able to attend opening weekend when the foundation gets together. But school and work will keep me here but my thoughts will be in K.C.

old_geezer
07-22-2001, 10:55 AM
I echo Greg and Alanm's statements. I have already e-mailed a thank you to the KC Star for the wonderful story. :D

Phobia
07-22-2001, 11:07 AM
Wow, JoePo certainly knows how to sugar coat a story, doesn't he?

Excellant, Excellant Job!

I admit, it brought a tear to a grown man's eye. I'm looking forward to continuing to honor his memory for many years, but especially the inaugural meeting of the 37 FF this September.

JOhn
07-22-2001, 11:33 AM
Words can not do justice to my thoughts about that article. I agree with Kphopia, I got real chocked up when I read that article. THANKS JOE!!! and thank you ADAM for keeping this going. I have made myself a promise that I will do all in my power to be at the sept 8th meeting, for Joe's sake.

Brock
07-22-2001, 01:03 PM
Careful there, Posnaski......there is a certain individual who will probably accuse you of turning us naive fans against our team.

KS Smitty
07-22-2001, 01:39 PM
Excellent article. Here's a link:

http://www.kcstar.com/item/pages/sports.pat,sports/3accd682.721,.html

Mark M
07-22-2001, 08:23 PM
I just read the article and it's gotten me rejuvinated! Even though the foundation is barely mentioned, IMO the important thing is that Joe's legacy is brought back into focus for those that forgot, as well as those that have never known about it. If this article can at least do that, then our work will be even easier.

Once Adam and others get a chance to look over some things, I'll be e-mailing everyone the 37 Forever letterhead so that they can print it out and send letters to companies, media and others to get donations and the word out (I'll give my suggestions on how/where to print them as soon as everything gets final.)

I also have a brochure that needs a little tweaking before sending it to everyone, as well as receipts for the donations, envelopes, etc.

We're very, veryvery close to this thing becoming a huge reality, ladies and gentlemen. Not everyone is going to be able to do as much as they would like. I've had to cut back my involvement at Media Director due to some personal issues (which I'd rather not discuss at this point) but still do bit here and there when I can. Once everything in my personal life get straightened out a bit, I'll be more focused on the Foundation. Hell, I'd work for it full time if I had the opportunity (still waiting to win the lottery! ;) )

MM
~~Proud member of the 37 Forever Foundation.

California Injun
07-22-2001, 10:58 PM
If most of you thought that article was good, just wait until the 9/8/01 meeting at Adam's Mark!!

If any of the Planet members are not with the 37 Forever Foundation, there is still time to become involved. But if you want to "Lurk" over to the meeting in September then by all means make the trip.

We are also setting up a taligate spot for the season opening arse kicking of the Raiders. This will come on the heels of a Saturday night "ceremony" near Arrowhead that promises to "shed" new "light" on the 2001 Chiefs season.

If you don't know what I'm talking about then visit the 37 Forever website. You'll meet and converse with a bunch of die-hard Chiefs fans who believe in righting a wrong. (Sorta like hiring Vermeil for Gunther) ;)

Lightning Rod
07-23-2001, 08:25 AM
Pretty much what every one else said. Was pleasantly surprised to see it. Was nice to see.

philfree
07-23-2001, 08:30 AM
I read it and and then I got something in my eye. Nice article.

PhilFree :cool:

Iowanian
07-23-2001, 11:03 AM
Did anyone else notice the pole with #58 is where you turn to go to Joe's Cemetery....

~thought that was spooky for some reason....nice article jopo.

AJKCFAN
07-23-2001, 04:14 PM
Iowanian:

Yeah, I immediately noticed that too about Pole # 58.

BTW, Derrick Thomas had his accident around Exit 41, so it wasn't a vice-versa sort of arrangement.

Mark M.... having those problems again. The e-mail was sent but it's not possible for me to view it.

:mad:

Bwana
07-23-2001, 05:53 PM
Outstanding story! I hope Hunt gets enough preasure to do something about this. It's kind of sad that's what it takes, but it looks like that's the case.

tommykat
07-23-2001, 07:15 PM
Hey guys........this was a great story. BUT, the best part I noticed was that little was said as far as the Chiefs and especially HUNT.:rolleyes: That is what makes it even better, we are out there but HE IS CLUELESS AS TO WHAT WE ARE GOING TO GET DONE!!:D

As for the Foundation and little mentioned there too......that is a plus again! Put's us on the upper edge again~:p

philfree
07-24-2001, 09:00 AM
As a member of the foundation it obviously has my support as something good and right. However, I hope people don't try to turn this into something against the K.C. Chiefs organization. I'm not really sure of what their responsiblities were and are to the Delaneys. I don't know what kind of help they recieved from the Chiefs and the players back in the early '80s but to assume that the Chiefs should be eternally indebted to the Delaney family would be wrong. I am sad that Joe's wife is seeming bitter against the Chiefs org. after all these years. Afterall Joe didn't die saving the Chiefs he died while trying to save the lives of some drowing boys. It's almost 20 years later and yes peoples lives do go on. I don't know what Carloyn Delaneys expectations of the Chiefs were and are but she is wrong to be bitter against the K.C. Chiefs and any players who might have stopped calling after years had passed bye. It's sad but in reality that's the way life is. I commend the work of Adam Jassey and all who are connected with the #37 Forever Foundation, it is a good thing. But let's not point fingers at Lamar and the Chiefs as if they have done something wrong. They haven't. I would like to see Lamar and his orginization ackowledge the foundation and show some kind of support but if it doesn't happen I won't hold it against them.

Phobia
07-24-2001, 10:34 AM
Phil,

Not to worry. We've discussed this very issue. While there is bound to be pressure put upon the Chiefs & Lamar, the Foundation is going to handle it with class. I've been involved in the letter sending to Lamar and while I'm baffled by the response, I'm not going to trash him over it. He has his reasons but hopefully we can change his mind - at a minimum, it would be nice to have Joe recognized in *some* fashion.

phillfree
07-24-2001, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the follow post KPhob, I was reading things like "subtle jab at Lamar" and "righting a wrong" and I can see were some could put a negative spin on a positive thing. Also, I'm trying to recruit a new member to come to the meeting with me but he and his wife don't have tickets to the game. If someone in the foundation could help them get tickets they would be most appreciative and so would I.

Brock
07-24-2001, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by philfree
but to assume that the Chiefs should be eternally indebted to the Delaney family would be wrong. I am sad that Joe's wife is seeming bitter against the Chiefs org. after all these years. Afterall Joe didn't die saving the Chiefs he died while trying to save the lives of some drowing boys.

Would an occasional phone call be too much to ask?

You're damn skippy I hold it against the Chiefs.

Chief Henry
07-24-2001, 01:28 PM
I thouhgt it was agreat article. Where did the #58 come from though. Was it about D. THomas or something? Or maybe I'm missing something.

I just looked over at the 37 forever web site. It looks real good. I
read about you golf outing the day before the Raiders game.
It sure sounds like alot of fun to me. I'll have to clear it with my boss!!!!!! The meeting and reception over at the ADAMS MARK
also sounds like a lot of fun too.

Nice work ADAM and to everyone else thats worked on this.
Kepp up the GREAT work you guys. You are all pulling on the same rope togeather.

:)