PDA

View Full Version : Colquitt got robbed!

Otis99
12-19-2007, 06:11 AM
Every time the Chiefs would line up for a punt this season, which as we all know was frequently, I turned to the guy next to me and said "there's our only pro bowler". No offense to Gonzalez or Allen (both fine selections) but I thought for sure that Colquitt was a shoe-in for the pro bowl. Seriously, how do you not pick this guy?

DaKCMan AP
12-19-2007, 06:27 AM
Shane Lechler has a higher average and net average.

Dustin has 22 punts inside the opponents 20, but Lechler has 21 in 17 less tries.

Mr. Kotter
12-19-2007, 06:33 AM
Lechler deserved it this year. Colquit had a fine year, and his time will come.

We had just damn well better get him sewn up for the next 10 years or so, IMO.

Short Leash Hootie
12-19-2007, 06:42 AM
Colquitt had some good games, and he had some bad games...but he's a friggin' punter so who gives a shit?

KCChiefsFan88
12-19-2007, 12:18 PM
People crying about Pro Bowl snubs for a punter...

Good Lord what has Herm done to this franchise

StcChief
12-19-2007, 12:23 PM

Good Lord what has Herm done to this franchiseno doubt.

he'll get his shot again in 2008 with likely more punt ops :banghead:

Bob Dole
12-19-2007, 12:27 PM
We've already established without question that the best players on this team wouldn't even see game time on any other NFL team. I can name 15 punters better than Colquitt.

Otis99
12-19-2007, 12:59 PM

Good Lord what has Herm done to this franchise

My God, you're right. I just realized how pathetic that sounded... It's pretty sad when you are in awe at the hangtime and distance on some of Colquitt's punts, forgetting momentarily about the fact that we just "Run Run Pass"-ed ourselves into a punting situation. I was too busy saying "take that, other team!" and "How do you like that field position, opponents??". I guess I forgot that our defense was tired due to being out there all day and a lot of those nice punts were all for naught after we got steamrolled on the ensuing drive.

But I still say Colquitt got robbed. Last I checked his average was up there near the top.

DaKCMan AP
12-19-2007, 01:01 PM
But I still say Colquitt got robbed. Last I checked his average was up there near the top.

Let me try again,

Shane Lechler has a higher average and higher net average.

Dustin has 22 punts inside the opponents 20, but Lechler has 21 in 17 less tries.

CoMoChief
12-19-2007, 01:04 PM
who gives a shit it's the punter.