PDA

View Full Version : Tom Tancredo to drop out tomorrow...

recxjake
12-19-2007, 12:11 PM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/

Candidates left:

Rudy
Huck
Mitt
John
Fred
Paul
Hunter
Keyes

SNR
12-19-2007, 12:27 PM
Damn. I thought for sure he'd outlast Hunter. Or even Keyes. Whatever.

patteeu
12-19-2007, 12:39 PM
The bottom tier is shrinking. Paul, Hunter, and Keyes are feeling lonely now that T. Thompson, Brownback and Tancredo are gone.

SNR
12-19-2007, 12:42 PM
It doesn't say for sure if he's dropping out, but my guess is that he probably is. He hasn't had good news to report about his campaign for months

patteeu
12-19-2007, 12:55 PM
On the bright side for Paulistas, Tancredo is the one guy whose supporters might reasonably find Ron Paul an attractive alternative since Tancredo is the one Repulbican candidate who seems least energetic about the GWoT except for the aspect of it that drives building a bigger and better barrier at our border.

SNR
12-19-2007, 01:06 PM
On the bright side for Paulistas, Tancredo is the one guy whose supporters might reasonably find Ron Paul an attractive alternative since Tancredo is the one Repulbican candidate who seems least energetic about the GWoT except for the aspect of it that drives building a bigger and better barrier at our border.Ron Paul and Tancredo are good, good, friends. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Tancredo endorse Paul.

BucEyedPea
12-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Yeah he was against the surge ( but heard he's changing his tune) and even feels most spending is unConstitutional. But Tancredo recently called out Ron Paul to denounce his former CofS, Lew Rockwell for one of those serial open letters over at his site. This one was to the Hispanics.

Mr. Kotter
12-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Ron Paul and Tancredo are good, good, friends. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Tancredo endorse Paul.

The "hub-bub" says Tancredo will endorse Thompson....but who knows for sure at this point. :shrug:

recxjake
12-19-2007, 02:23 PM
The "hub-bub" says Tancredo will endorse Thompson....but who knows for sure at this point. :shrug:

They are a natural fit, wouldn't suprise me at all.

wazu
12-20-2007, 12:06 AM
I'm glad to hear this just because I know that the one person it potentially hurts, if at all, is Huckabee.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-20-2007, 03:38 AM
WHY GOD??? WHY????

KILLER_CLOWN
12-20-2007, 06:05 PM

Nope, looks like Romney paid him for his vote.

wazu
12-20-2007, 11:40 PM
One interesting note - I saw a poll today that Tancredo had been running around 6% in Iowa. I would imagine his voters will flock to Romney, Hunter, or Thompson. Considering he endorsed Romney, this could be pretty huge.

Mr. Kotter
12-21-2007, 12:06 AM
Nope, looks like Romney paid him for his vote.

Guess we'll see, when it becomes official...I'm still thinking McCain or Thompson are the best bets.... :hmmm:

EDIT: Guess it IS 'official'....

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/12/20/trancredo/index.html

That said,....I think Romney may, yet, have some flash, but ultimately Mormonism will be a "fatal flaw"......sadly and unfortunately. Seriously. I hope I'm wrong, but suspect I'm not.

IMO, it points toward even more of a chance for a brokered convention (which will help the Hillary/Obama in the general), UNLESS Huck....becomes the nominee, due to his momentum and a "Teflon Ron/Slick Willie" resilience, which I don't anticipate....but, I've been wrong. :hmmm:

wazu
12-21-2007, 12:28 AM
That said,....I think Romney may, yet, have some flash, but ultimately Mormonism will be a "fatal flaw"......sadly and unfortunately. Seriously. I hope I'm wrong, but suspect I'm not.

I also hope you are wrong, but suspect you aren't. Not because I think Romney is all that wonderful, but I really want him to at least beat Huckabee. Fred sure as hell won't step up and do it.