PDA

View Full Version : Kucinich's brother found dead

banyon
12-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Kucinich's brother found dead
http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2007/images/12/19/t1home.kucinich1.ap.jpg

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/12/19/kucinichs-brother-found-dead/

Rep. Dennis Kucinich.
(CNN) Perry Kucinich, brother of Democratic presidential hopeful Rep. Dennis Kucinich of Ohio, was found dead Wednesday morning at his eastside Cleveland home, officials said.

His body was discovered by another brother, Larry, about 9 a.m., a spokesman for the Cuyahoga County Coroner told CNN.

Powell Caesar said his office was conducting an autopsy Wednesday afternoon to determine the cause of death of the 52-year-old man, but there appeared to be no signs of foul play.

A spokesman for the congressman's presidential campaign told CNN Kucinich and his wife Elizabeth are currently headed to Cleveland.

HolmeZz
12-19-2007, 01:44 PM
RIP Crackle. :(

banyon
12-19-2007, 01:55 PM
His brother was a bank robber?

...But not immediately. On December 18, 1978, Mayor Kucinich, surrounded by the media, strode from City Hall to the main branch of Cleveland Trust downtown and withdrew his paltry life savings in protest. And because it was Cleveland, on the very same day, blocks away, his youngest brother, Perry Kucinich, robbed a different bank. Perry wasn't really a criminal; he was literally insane. But it sure looked bad for Dennis....

http://www.esquire.com/features/kucinich1107-2

banyon
12-19-2007, 01:57 PM
From the same article

Elizabeth drives -- a new Ford Focus, cherry-red. Our first stop is a few blocks away, where we pick up Dennis's brother Perry. The bank robber.

"Perry's a paranoid schizophrenic," Dennis says as we park at the curb outside Perry's apartment building. It's not an explanation, not a warning -- it's a flat statement of fact. Which is exactly what it is: Perry couldn't be a nicer guy or any more nuts. He squeezes into the backseat of the Focus, next to me, and starts to show me his art, colored-pencil drawings, mainly geometric shapes.

"I like the air-conditioning," Perry says, too loud. He's breathing like a dray horse. "It's comfortable. It's nice and cool."

Kucinich turns to him from the front seat. "What do they tell you about getting your teeth fixed? What's the latest?"

"What?" Perry shouts.

"What's the latest on your teeth?" Kucinich shouts back.

Perry opens wide. Not good.

patteeu
12-19-2007, 02:26 PM
At least the nuts in the Ron Paul camp aren't his blood relatives.

bkkcoh
12-19-2007, 02:31 PM
It must have been a vast right wing conspiracy. :banghead:

SNR
12-19-2007, 03:05 PM
Bush lied, Perry died? :hmmm:

On a more serious note, this has got to be tragic for the Kucinich family.

wazu
12-20-2007, 12:25 AM
From the same article

Elizabeth drives -- a new Ford Focus, cherry-red. Our first stop is a few blocks away, where we pick up Dennis's brother Perry. The bank robber.

"Perry's a paranoid schizophrenic," Dennis says as we park at the curb outside Perry's apartment building. It's not an explanation, not a warning -- it's a flat statement of fact. Which is exactly what it is: Perry couldn't be a nicer guy or any more nuts. He squeezes into the backseat of the Focus, next to me, and starts to show me his art, colored-pencil drawings, mainly geometric shapes.

"I like the air-conditioning," Perry says, too loud. He's breathing like a dray horse. "It's comfortable. It's nice and cool."

Kucinich turns to him from the front seat. "What do they tell you about getting your teeth fixed? What's the latest?"

"What?" Perry shouts.

"What's the latest on your teeth?" Kucinich shouts back.

Perry opens wide. Not good.

I suddenly feel like I understand Dennis Kucinich a little better.